Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

No screenshots this time..
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Twylah Skye

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Apple wrote:
The fact that they spelt 'Cancelled' as 'Canceled' appear to suggest uncertainty. Thus, if the reports were untrue, they could blame it on an unnamed junior writer who could not even spell correctly.

It's not spelled incorrectly. In the U.S., the accepted spelling of the word is "canceled," however, the accepted spelling of the word in Europe is "cancelled." Either way, the spelling is considered to be correct.

You can compare this to the spelling of the words "traveled" and "travelled."

- Twy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Apple

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That previous post apparently in my name was written by an unnamed junior writer who must have had access to my account. You can tell by her grammar...

:mrgreen:

Lurn

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Careful, Apple. Don't anger Twy, or face the wrath of her skillet. Mr. Green

Cooker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

*pictures an angry cooking utensil*

Was that supposed to be me ?

whmice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 3:41 pm    Post subject: YAY! Reply with quote Back to top

oh got i havent been here soo long i already kinda em ....forgot... dont kill me!
YAY MAJESTY 2 MIGHT COME OUT! Smile Smile Smile Smile Laughing Laughing Laughing Smile Smile
phew just to let out the shivers that stocked while i read your posts.
tell me jay did you wright that?
yo i hope i can fall asleep now
Wizard: no, its at the end of it...
eternity is nothing to me.... but its something to others Razz

MajestyTyb

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

As I'm new to the forum I'm still a bit confused about this thread... in a good way. Smile

"Why did Ardania separate into little fiefdoms, then?"

Perhaps to give us territories to conquer by building outposts in them? Wink

Jay Adan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

wavefront wrote:
Spiderman wrote:
Lurn wrote:
I'd say ninety percent of hardcore strategy/simulation gamers use the PC, myself included.

I'm curious, so in your opinion there aren't any good strategy/simulation games for consoles? Is that due to lack of titles?

I'll go along with that.
Maybe Jay or another industry insider will post an opinion, but except for "The Sims" type of sim, I can't see the console demographic demanding (or wanting) stratategy or simulation titles. I see consoles catering to the FPS and Sports gamer crowd.

Open question:
Did anyone buy a console because they wanted to play "thinking" games?

Consoles have, in the past, catered to a very specific type of user. That's why you see very specific types of games created over and over on consoles. These days though more and more people are buying game consoles. Many of these people are current or former PC gamers. We believe that they would enjoy game experiences that used to be found only on PC games. Of course, the two platforms are different and the games need to be crafted in a way that suits the platform at hand.. but I think that we have some good ideas on how to do that.

whmice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:36 pm    Post subject: Uh oh Reply with quote Back to top

A bit bigger Uh - Oh!
that could be interpeted badly, either ther going for the console only (con-sole) or there going simultaniously for pc and console. either way it decreases the PC compability (there always are compromises)
let us pray to helia :sun:

Alberinian Wildmaster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nah, I'd much rather pray to Lunord. He'd get the game out faster and it would be cooler!

Will the Spellcaster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

But some people would be mad. After all, having the game delivered to you by a tornado isn't the greatest idea...

:mrgreen:

whmice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:11 pm    Post subject: pray... and ye shall be cursed Reply with quote Back to top

only off topic replies?
i myself prefer dauros (long live the paladins!)

Noisy Rock

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, cd's/dvd's fly really well! Tornado's? no problem! Wink

Krypta

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

But what condition is your computer going to be in after a tornado? Do you think it would still work? Wink
3-Command & Conquer: Generals

Alfryd

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Consoles have, in the past, catered to a very specific type of user. That's why you see very specific types of games created over and over on consoles. These days though more and more people are buying game consoles. Many of these people are current or former PC gamers. We believe that they would enjoy game experiences that used to be found only on PC games. Of course, the two platforms are different and the games need to be crafted in a way that suits the platform at hand.. but I think that we have some good ideas on how to do that.

I was just thinking that Consoles are uniquely ill-suited to strategy gaming due to the genre's habitual need for omniscient viewpoints, rapid clicking, a wide range of hotkeys and incessant pixel-hunting. Then again, that is exactly what Majesty alleviates. Loathe as I am to contemplate the prospect, with some tweaks Majesty might just be ported for Consoles largely intact.
But please, please, please, gimme a universal binary to run on my Mactel. Desktop machines are still where you get most of the hot modding efforts and, I dare say, devoted fanbase.

whmice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:00 pm    Post subject: console? no way! Reply with quote Back to top

its realy hard to place the temple on the ground with a joystick! Rolling Eyes mouse needed here.
not to mention text is terrible, what if i want to re name my hero Smile
and multiplayer chating Razz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty 2 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: