Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Does anyone play this on Gamespy anymore?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Multiplayer Majesty
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Toran1557

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:30 am    Post subject: Does anyone play this on Gamespy anymore? Reply with quote Back to top

Someone answer me ... >_<

evanescenceguyem

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I know about 5 people who play Majesty Northern Expansion On Game Spy, but you can forget about anyone playing the originial.

I would play, if i could get it to work... Sad

Will the Spellcaster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

evanescenceguyem wrote:

I would play, if i could get it to work... Sad

Same here, but Gamespy never seems to work for me. I've tried Red Alert 2, Majesty, Gettysburg, and Monopoly Tycoon, but nothing works. Wah.

Spiderman

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Do you have a problem with a Gamespy connection or have the connection but can't get the games to work?

Will the Spellcaster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, if you take this as an example, my brother and I were trying to play Gettysburg against eachother using Gamespy. The host player would work (they would go into the Gettysburg multiplayer area and be waiting for the other to join them there [right before the game starts, not waiting for players to join, just waiting for them to get there]), but the other player would simply launch the game, without going to the multiplayer page.

Spiderman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Does the same thing happen with all of the other games you mentioned or is it paticular to Gettysburg? I ask because if it's common, it could be a Gamespy problem or something you're doing but if different things happen with different games, it could be the game.

I haven't played Gettysburg though. Have you tried their forums or tech support?

Will the Spellcaster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Um, it's done that with all the other games I tried, and I think the same with my brother. And no, I haven't tried the Gettysburg stuff, it's another game from 2000 so I didn't think there would be much, it's not anywhere as good as Majesty after all, and hasn't had an expansion. That and it's not just with that game. I know the exact same thing happened with Red Alert 2, but all I know about the rest is that it didn't work; I assume for the same reason.

Spiderman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm. And you guys each have your own disk for these games, you're not putting in the disk in one computer and loading one game up, then moving the same disk to another computer and loading a second game?

MM_kNiGhT

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, I am a current Gamespy Arcade player, and I am inviting any of you who still play Majesty to come to gamespy! I have a clan ( Majesty Masters (MM) ) that is recruiting if any of you are interested. We are trying to set up a tournament there, and with enough players we will be able to have it. Please come any of you who still play, Gamespy is very friendly and we play there to have fun. Very Happy

Majesty Masters Clan - http://s2.phpbbforfree.com/forums/majestymasters.html

Will the Spellcaster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Again, I would if I could. And, Spiderman, I didn't see your post then, so in response:

Yeah, we each have our own disk (I think). I know we did for Red Alert 2, so...

And as for when I tried Monopoly Tycoon, the program said it wasn't installed (Gamespy said Monopoly Tycoon wasn't installed). I tried re-installing it, but it still didn't work. Dunno if it'd work now, since it's a better and different computer this time. But Red Alert 2 and Gettysburg were both on good computers and installed properly, so it wasn't the same thing for them.

Spiderman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm. Not sure, just guesses in the dark...

Did you install the games to the default directories and C drive? Perhaps Gamespy was looking for them there...

Or maybe it doesn't support those games? Or that version of Gamespy didn't? Have no idea really... probably should try to see if Gamespy knows how to fix it (if you're still interested).

Will the Spellcaster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm still interested, yes. No idea about the installing thing, and I know Gamespy supports the games, I could launch them (except for Monopoly Tycoon), but only the host would get taken in correctly. The other player(s) would simply lauch the game as if they weren't in Gamespy at all. And those games were on the list the GAmespy said it supported.

Spiderman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Another probably dumb question: Did the other players also have Gamespy installed?

Will the Spellcaster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes. I don't think they can get into the part where Gaemspy itself launches the game if they didn't have it installed.

Sorry if I sound mean when I say that, just not sure how to say it. I realize you're trying tohelp, and all possibilities (that are within reason) must be considered. Just wanted to make that clear. Very Happy

Spiderman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's okay; it's been about 5 years since I used Gamespy so I don't remember exactly how it all works.

Well, except for the installation question (which probably shouldn't matter as I suspect Gamespy checks the computer registry for the existence of the game), I have no idea. Gamespy could probably help out more.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Multiplayer Majesty All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: