Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Stardock's Society

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jay Adan

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 1:39 pm    Post subject: Stardock's Society Reply with quote Back to top

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/society/614757p1.html

A massively multiplayer rts game with shades of Civilization thrown in for good measure. Looks interesting. Especially since it is going to be free.

TaleSpinner

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Interesting. Stardock also purchased the rights from Atari to build "Master of Magic 2". I wonder if the gameplay for Society will be similar in their upcoming MoM2.

--- Tales of Forumnia: The Siege

Alfryd

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ambitious. Looks slightly similar to the Hundred Years War game.
http://www.hyw.com/
Quote:
Society allows players themselves to design their buildings and structures... ...Players who want to be able to put an apartment above a shop that allows citizens to live there will be able to do that... ...Four of a particular building can be combined into one uber-building that produces as much as five of the smaller structures.

How is that achieved, one wonders? Do they simply have the mini-buildings stacked like lego bricks, or is there some complex algorithm that generates a new model dynamically with certain points of structural resemblance to the seperate component parts? That would be moderately cool.
I'm glad to see some attempt at defying the attention-deficit-disorder that seems to plague RTS atm. I'm not sure how well this solution will work out (MMO asset-persistance has drawbacks,) but I'd be hard-pressed to imagine a better one offhand.

Dr. DimWit

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dreams, megalomania, madness - I can phantom so many practical problems with this concept...... If I where involved in the process, I would never sleep again.

If they pull this off, they deserve respect. Would be very interesting, where it not for the fact that the effort could be put to much, much better use.

Join hands and chant along:

Make MoM2....make MoM2....make MoM2......make MoM2........MAKE MOM2!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: