Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Ideas for Majesty 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Servant of Krolm

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Idea III- New Guilds+Heroes
First of all it has always annoyed me that you can build a sorcerer's abode and it says that there is a sorcerer who lives here and casts spells in the description and has to rest after casting, but there is no actual sorcerer. Why should the Sorcerer have to rest if he doesn't actually exist? I think that at the Sorcerer's Abode, you should be able to train a Sorcerer, who would pretty much be like a really powerful wizard. You would only be able to train one per Sorcerer's Abode, and the cost multiplier would be so high, that you would probably only have one or two Sorcerers per game.

Lurn

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Engineer's could be used elsewhere. For instance, perhaps you'd need them to build siege weapons. You could place siege weapon construction sites like building (a stationary catapult/trebuchet, maybe). The engineers would then build it, after you set a suitably high 'contract' flag on the site. Once built, the siege weapon would begin attacking any enemies within range. They could also relocate like a Rangers Guild (lower cost, perhaps only 200 gold), but would have a progress bar, to simulate the slow packing up and moving of siege weapons. The progress bar would start when you selected a location.

If that was the case, scrapping my other idea for siege weapons would probably be neccessary (ships could be the same).

Servant of Krolm

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Idea III- New Guilds+Heroes (Continued)
Another new guild idea I thought of was the Militia Guild. Here you could recruit Militia. Militia would be melee heroes, wielding a club and small shield whose primary stat is strength. They would be fairly competent melee fighters, not really powerful, but not really weak either. They are not particulary greedy and require a large bounty to venture out and explore or attack something. They will spend most of their time at home resting or working at the marketplace, a function unique to Militia. There would be an ability at the Militia Guild called Town Defense, which would teleport all militia by the palace and the Militia would proceed to attack any monster attacking any buildings, or in the town. Militia would be extremely cheap or even free to recruit, because recruiting a Militia uses one of your peasants. The number of Militia you are able to recruit depends on the level of the palace, because you always must leave one peasant on duty, so one Militia for level one palace, three for level two and five for level three. More might be available if the palace upgrades further in Majesty 2 or more peasants are available.The Militia Guild would also be the building where Temple-associated heroes are recruited with each temple. Another new guild available would be the Spearman Guild or Phalanx Guild. The guild itself would be bristling with defensive spears and pikes, damaging any attackers. Spearmen or Phalanxs would carry long spears and large tower shields. They would move slowly, but would be a very heavily damaging unit. At level three they would learn Throw Spear, a ranged attack that Spearmen or Phlanxs use before entering melee combat. Spearmen or Phalanxs would travel out into the wilderness to fight often, but usually prefer to do so in groups. They can hold their own against even the toughest monsters. They hold an appreciation for the fighting power of the Warriors of Discord and often follow and protect them and their guilds.

Last edited by Servant of Krolm on Sun Jun 05, 2005 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Servant of Krolm

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Another idea is the Druids Guild. It would look like a secluded forest grove with a magical light in the middle. Here Druids could be trained. Druids would be garbed in long dark green cloaks with hoods. They would carry a gnarled staff and would have a high intelligence stat. They have a ranged attack of a blue orb of magic. at level four they learn Druid Fire, a fiery ranged attack. Druids would follow and protect Herbalists and defends Zia's Temples. In the absence of Temples to Zia, Druids serve as they companions of wizards. An ability at the Druids Guild can be activated for a cost to temporarily give Druids a "Cloak of Fire", which damages enemies within the vincity of the Druid. Another idea is the Knights Guild. The Knight's Guild would require a level three palace and would be the most powerful defensive guild. The Knights Guild would look like a fortress with a stables on the side. A small cannon mounted on the top of the Knights Guild would fire very damaging shots, but with a long cooldown time. Knights themselves would be fast, powerful mounted warriors who feel duty-bound to their kingdom and often journey off into the wilderness to attack. They particulary enjoy mounting offensives againsts enemy towns or rat or goblin encampments. They will often gather a small party of Warriors and launch an attack on enemy towns. They do this to goblins or ratmen too, so neither of these monsters will last long on a map with a full guild of Knights.

Servant of Krolm

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Another idea is the Priests Guild. The Priests Guild would look like a church or a small cathedral. Priests wear long white robes and carry scepters. Priests don't follow any particular deity, simply following the power of light and good. Relatively weak in melee combat, they start out with some kind of spell that enhances other heroes attributes (I haven't figured this one out yet). At level three they learn healing. At level five they learn Light Blast which is a ranged attack that damages undead creatures. At level seven they learn another blessing type attack, this one much more powerful. At level ten they learn some kind of attack enhancing aura, that affects nearby friendly heroes. Priests respect Paladins and follow and support them. An ability can be activated for a cost at the Priests Guild that gives all heroes a devestating attack against undead for an amount of time. Another idea is the Warlocks Guild. A Warlocks Guild cannot be built in the same town as a Priests Guild and a Priests Guild cannot be built in the same town as a Warlocks Guild. The Warlocks Guild looks like a demonic fortress. Steam rises off it, and fires can be seen on the inside. Warlocks are spellcasters who walk the path of more demonic magic. The wear black cloaks and are shrouded ina red mist. They carry curved scimitars which they use with some proficiency. At level 5 they learn to summon a small demon from the spirit world. At level 7 they learn to summon a larger one. At level 10 they learn to shoot a fiery beam of demonic magic that drains the targets health. They ability at the Warlocks Guild is costly, but summons a large demon that walks the land of Ardania for a short time, bestowing demonic bonuses on your heroes and attacking enemies. The ability can only used once every one or two game days.

I actually have more ideas, but I think I have posted enough tonight!

whmice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 3:47 pm    Post subject: hmm Reply with quote Back to top

I just wanted to add 'secially for the cyberlore team, i dont know how you like it but for me graphics are not the first in importance
much more impotant for the game to be playtable, balanced, not too astry from majesty1 and nice background music to set the atmosphere. (music in m1 was great i still hear it just like that without playing majesty
Wizard: no, its at the end of it...
eternity is nothing to me.... but its something to others Razz

Alberinian Wildmaster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: hmm Reply with quote Back to top

whmice wrote:
I just wanted to add 'secially for the cyberlore team, i dont know how you like it but for me graphics are not the first in importance
much more impotant for the game to be playtable, balanced, not too astry from majesty1 and nice background music to set the atmosphere. (music in m1 was great i still hear it just like that without playing majesty
Hey, man, graphics is everything. It is what makes a person want to play the game. I've played a game with the graphics so bad, that I never wanted to play it again. The music is awsome! I hope they come out with even better music! And I would like Majesty 2 to be remotely different from Majesty 1, unlike the Northern Expansion.

whmice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:41 am    Post subject: graphics Reply with quote Back to top

graphic are important but i dont want cyberlore to spend all their assests on graphics only Sad. like some other games i wont mention.. Rolling Eyes ...which have amazing graphics but rotten gameplay.
the game should be balanced. alot of people will buy it because of its "heratige", not because it "looks cool" or "this game is so "good" i have to buy a new graphics card to play it!" Twisted Evil
ok Question
and although change is good, dont make it a completly new game with no connection to majesty "1" Exclamation
Wizard: no, its at the end of it...
eternity is nothing to me.... but its something to others Razz

Alberinian Wildmaster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, yeah. I don't want the game to be totally devoted to graphics Exclamation Where would all us Majesty fans be Question . And, as I said, Majesty 2 should be a little related to the original Majesty.

MajestyTyb

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Why not have a fourth level castle also?
Perhaps give outposts an upgrade to fire arrows, just like guard towers?

As I still play Majesty I don't think graphics is everything. I have Half Life2, battlefield2, neverwinter nights and other games... still I come back to Majesty... Smile Don't make Maj2 into an ordinary RTS. Keep that great feel from the original. That said, I don't mind great graphics. If the graphics in Maj2 is excellent, I'll be happy.

A question: In what way should 3D affect gameplay, other than visuals? Should elevation make a difference... e.g. range when firing an arrow from a hill?

Perhaps some physics (havoc?) could add something to eye candy? e.g. when killing a stone monster, the rocks would roll down the hill?

Well.... perhaps too much to hope for? Smile

Will the Spellcaster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Probably too much to hope for at the moment. But maybe later...

Servant of Krolm

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Idea IV- New Races
In Majesty 2, in addition to the already present Elves, Dwarves and Gnomes, I believe there should be at least one or two new races. The current races from the original Majesty seem to provide a bonus in a certain area. Choosing Elves provides an economic bonus by increasing the amount of gold made by the markerplace. Dwarves provide a defensive bonus by repairing buildings and having the defensive power of settlements and ballista towers. Gnomes provide an expansionist bonus by allowing buildings to be built much quicker. This covered the basic elements of the game and is completely sufficient, but I think it would be cool to have more races.

The first thing I thought of was since that Dwarves provided a defensive bonus, there should be a race that provided an offensive bonus. Building a Centaur Camp in your kingdom would allow you to train Centaurs, powerful fast moving warriors bearing an axe. Centaurs are very aggressive and scour the wilderness around your kingdom, eliminating monsters and lairs. These heroes are easily the most powerful fighters in the game. The Centaurs might be too powerful, so they could be slightly weakened and the Centaur Camp could provide a offensive or attack bonus upon being built in your kingdom.

The next thing I thought of was a race that would benefit more magic oriented kingdoms. Building a Sprite Dwelling in your kingdom would give you access to Sprites, creatures who are fairly proficient spellcasters who get along well with Wizards, Sorcerers, Druids or other spellcasters, supporting them. The Sprite Dwelling could also provide some sort of bonus to spells such as reducing their cost or slightly increasing their effect when applicable. Sprites were just the first thing I thought of for a magically-oriented race. They wouldn't have to be called that. Please comment on my suggestations or post alternate ideas regarding them if you choose.

Will the Spellcaster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Instead of "Sprites", you could have discovered a friendly tribe of Dryads, who, in exchange for the oppertunity to clear Ardania of their foul cousins from Fey, will help your spellcasters learn new spells. They would be extra aggressive to other Dryads, and more aggresive to the enemy Dryads' allies. Of coarse, in a multiplayer game, each player would have discovered their own tribe of Dryads, so they'd be hostile to every other player's Dryads. As to the Centaurs, I'm afraid that'd never do. Some other race, I'm afraid, for Centaurs are simply the horrible result of mistaken identity. A deer mistook a human for another deer, or vice versa. Of coarse, there's more than one kind. There's the half deer, horse, stag, ect. Perhaps, hmmm...., an obscure race, but... The avens? Sentient bird-like creatures. Look at some Magic: the Gathering TCG card lists. I'm not calling for the whole relm of the sky to be opened up, like some people wished, as well as for the sea, merely a counterpart to the flying monsters that constantly harrass the land. Avens would be armed with spears, mostly. Or you could have the Leonin, or the Kitsunes, which are all from MtG as well (yes, I know, I'm obbsessed with MtG as much as I am with Majesty, if not more. Very Happy ). Or you could change the current speicies to be more like the ones on Krynn, and add some kender (shudder). The elves would be compleatly different, unless you're accepting dark elves into your kingdom. The gnomes wouldbe disatrous, making machines that, while never doing what they're ment to, end up accomplishing what they'r ement to some other way. Or, they do something compleatly and utterly different than anything remotly related to whatever it was ment for in the first place. The dwarves would be mostly the same. And the kender... If you want an explination on kender, read the Dragonlance books. You always have them pop up somewhere or another in every story. Same with gnomes. Ah, the short little Graygem races....

Servant of Krolm

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Try and imagine how confusing that post was for someone who hasn't read the Dragonlance books and is not familiar with Magic: The Gathering! Laughing

I just thought of sprites because it would be simpler if a new race was something that was not already in the game as a hostile creature. Lol, I'm sorry for your dispute with Centaurs, but I couldn't think of anything else.

Spiderman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I agree - Majesty is pretty general with the fantasy theme and should be kept such. If someone wanted to make a mod with MTG or Dragonlance races, that's fine, but I don't think it should officially go that route.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty 2 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: