Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Ideas for Majesty 2
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Servant of Krolm

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 5:15 pm    Post subject: Ideas for Majesty 2 Reply with quote Back to top

There are other topics I could post ideas in, but I wanted to start fresh with this one.

Idea I-Temples
Ideally for me, Majesty Legends would have a lot of temples. Most temples would be in pairs (like Krypta and Fervus), so you wouldm't have more than two kinds of temples at a time. With a level two palace you would be able to build Krypta and Fervus, Dauros and Agrela, or Leonid and Mylar.
Leonid= God of Knowledge
Mylar= God of Wisdom
Please give me suggestions for better names for these gods, as they are just names I randomly made up. Also post different ideas for what these gods are gods of (knowledge, wisdom, etc.). Don't even bother suggesting elemental gods or gods of "good and evil" because those ideas have been used repeatadly in other topics. With a temple to Leonid, you can train scholars. Scholars primary attribute is intelligence followed closely by loyalty. Scholars are known for their egendary arguing skills. Scholars will follow your heroes around convincing them to fight harder and not flee in terror. Scholars are sometimes found convincing monsters to join their cause. The temple to Leonid itself looks like a school or university and can be upgraded to three levels. The level one guild spell would work similary to the sorcerer spell "change of heart". The second level guild spell would temporarily boost a heroes intelligence and/or loyalty. The third level guild spell would instantly turn a monster to your side. The cost of this would be dependant on what kind of monster it was, so it probably wouldn't be possible to use on unique monsters and extremely exspensive on powerful monsters like drgons and rock golems. With a temple to Mylar you could train Nomads. Nomads are enlightened travelers who follow the path of wisdom. Nomads primary attribute is intelligence followed closely by luck. They understand that henchmen are the core of the kingdom and often take time to follow around peasants and tax collecters and protect them. A Nomad's great, wisdom-filled presence can often frighten off enemy heroes and even monsters. Nomads are semi-proficeint melee fighters who wield a staff. The temple to Mylar can be upgraded to three levels. The first level guild spell temporarily increases a heroes luck. The second level guild spell temporarily increases the speed of all henchmen. The third level guild spell instantly doubles the amount of money in each marketplace. Krolm would no longer be a single temple. With a level 3 palace you could build a temple to Athia, the goddess of war. With a temple to Athia, you an train hunters. Hunters are worshippers of Athia who wield a bow. They have a very high ranged combat attribute. Apart from being a very powerful ranged melee combatent, Hunters would have the ability to throw fiery flammable bottles of liquid of fire arrows when attacking buildings, giveing them a more powerful attack versus buildings. Like the temple to Krolm, Athia would not provide any spells and could not be upgraded. More temple ideas to come later.

Servant of Krolm

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

With a Level 3 Palace you can build either Helia and (haven't thought of name) or Lunord and (Haven't thought of name). Helia's "temple partner" would be a God of festivals and joy. Lunord's "temple partner" would be a God of stealth. With a god of festivals temple you would be able to train (haven't thought of name) which would be joyous warriors who wield longswords and are very powerful melee combatants. They would spend most of their free time at the fairgrounds, but always stop to defend markeplaces and fairgrounds and other places of commerce. Their special ability would be their ability to "put heroes in a good mood" which would cause them to do good for their kingdom for a short time rather than hang around at lounges or gambling halls or other places of leisure. The first level guild spell would be the manual spellcasting for putting heroes in good mood. The second level guild spell, I haven't thought of anythihng yet. With a god of stealth temple you would be able to build shadow guardians, melee fighters bearing a mace that have the special ability to disappear at will for a short period. The first level guild spell would strike a target enemy unit with a bolt of darkness, dealing damage. I haven't thought of a second level guild spell yet. I think that there should be the option to upgrade the palace to level 4. With a level 4 palace, you could build a temple to some ultimate god of which I haven't worked out the details yet. The temple would not be upgraded and would not provide spells, but the unit trained there would be very powerful. There would be no "temple partner" for this god.

Please provide feedback and suggestions for my ideas. I realize that many of them aren't very good, but I couldn't really think of anything. I wanted to stick to ideas of Gods like they currently have such as gods of peace and law and stuff, instead of just gods of elements or good and evil. Wisdom, knowledge, joy and stealth were just the only things that came to mind.

evanescenceguyem

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I like all of your ideas.

But one question. The Scholars, what kind of creature can they "charm".
Like Krypta- Undead, and Feverous- forest animals.

Will the Spellcaster

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Servent of Krolm wrote:
...fiery flammable bottles of liquid of fire arrows ...

What were you trying to say here? I'm sorry, but it kind of got lost. Wink

Servant of Krolm

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh sorry. I meant to put "or" instead of "of". The Hunters would be able to throw flammable bottles of liquid OR fire arrows. Probably fire arrows would be better. Well, shoot the fire arrows, not throw them I mean.

I never really thought about what kind of creatures the scholars would charm. Maybe they would charm more intelligent, sentient creatures like ratman or goblins or minotaurs.

Idea I- Temples (Continued)
I noticed that some temples in Majesty had special abilities like Krolm's Wrath of Krolm and Fervus's ability to spawn hellbears for the Cultists to charm. I think in Majesty 2 that all temples should have special abilities. The Temple to Agrela could have an ability that for a price, when activated, heroes woulkd regenerate life faster. Heroes that visit a Temple to Dauros would emerge with Fists of Steel for a duration. The Temple to Fervus already spawns Vargs and Hellbears. The Temple to Krypta might spawn skeletons and other undead creatures for Priestesses to take control of. Heroes could visit a Temple to Leionid to increase their intelligence. When a Temple to Mylar is built, additional spells would be available for research at the library. The Temple to Krolm already has Wrath of Krolm. A Temple to Athia might have an ability called Athia's Fury which would cause rocks to fall from the sky in a chosen area or some other form of natural disaster. When a Temple to Helia is built, guardhouses would shoot more heavily damaging fire arrows. When a Temple to Lunord is built, winds would periodically blow throught your kingdom blowing away monsters. With a Temple to the God of Festivals and Joy, it might be something like, heroes gain levels faster when competing at the fairgrounds. The Temple to the God of Stealth might have an ability that would turn all your heroes invisible for a short duration. The Ultimate God may not have an ability, just really powerful heroes. Even more temple ideas to come later.

Alberinian Wildmaster

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="Servant of Krolm"]The Temple to Krypta might spawn skeletons and other undead creatures for Priestesses to take control of.[/quote]

Um, the Preistesses already spawn skeletons. So the temple ability would be useless.

Servant of Krolm

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh yeah. The Temple to Krypta would have some other sort of ability associated with death.

Servant of Krolm

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Idea I- Temples (Continued)
My last idea that I have been able to think of for Temples right now is other Temple associated heroes. I think that one Temple in each "Temple Pair" should have a hero at the Warrior's Guild. This has already been done with the Paladin and the Warrior of Discord, but there would be a hero available at the Warrior's Guild for either Mylar or Leonid, Helia or God of festivals and joy, Lunord or God of Stealth. There wouldn't be one for Krolm or Athia, since the Barbarian and the Hunter are already so powerful. I also think that whichever Temple in the "Temple Pair" that doesn't have a hero at the Warrior's Guild would have a hero at some other building. It would have to be a new guild, because it probably wouldn't work with a Rogue's Guild, Ranger's Guild or Wizard's Guild. But, I wouldn't want the new guild to be just for producing Temple associated heroes. The Guild would already have to have another type of hero being created there. Nothing has come to mind yet for a new hero. Please post feedback and suggestions.

Apple

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just a little note:
Normally, this topic belongs to the Majesty Wish List forum.
If you find this topic mysteriously gone one day, it may have been moved to that forum.

Well, at least that used to be the case.
In the forum's heyday a topic may even be moved two minutes after its creation...

:mrgreen:

Lurn

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Suggestions on Names:

Dionysus is the ancient Greek god of festivals, wine, and revelry, but if you you wanted an original name you could go with Phythion or Yunith, or something, for your god of festivals.

Phythion/Yunith/Dionysus/(whatever name you might come up with)'s warriors could be Berserkers, Woad Warriors, or Chosen Swordsmen.

Your god of stealth could be Keyth, Hyjhar, or Nives (semi-funny one).

Comments/Sugesstions on God Ideas:

Might need a bit more detail and refinement, but overall good.
Krolm was the 'ultimate' god at one point, so I don't see why he couldn't continue to be.

Athia's new 'temple partner' could be Zia, god of agriculture. The temple building could look like a giant herbal garden, sort of like the Royal Gardens but darker and with small huts interspersed in between.

Spells would be Rain of Plenty (1st level, 600 gold, causes greenery to sprout up everywhere in your kingdom, the peasants work faster, and rangers, Herbalists and Hunters to be recruited quicker), Locust Swarm (2nd level, 800 gold, does the opposite of Rain of Plenty to another player in multiplayer, or simply makes most monsters in an area run in fear off the map), and Flood (3rd level, 1000 gold, creates a river at specified location, including beneath buildings (causing massive damage), and floods a large area around it, making all henchman and non-WoD heroes flee in terror).

Zia's priests would be Herbalists, high intelligence heroes that place all types of plants on the map, and many of them.

Strength stem (increased strength for a duration) for warriors and warriors of discord, leaping leaf (extra speed for duration) for adepts, rogues, elves, and Phythion's Berserkers/Woad Warriors/whatever, fire balm plants (turn into fire balm potions) for rangers and Athia's Hunters, poison plants (poison weapons for duration) for rogues, and healing plants for rangers (turn into healing potions).

They'd wield thorn-covered staves, and have dark green cloaks. They'd also learn the healing spell (a la Healer) at level 5. They could use healing and poison plants at level 1, and all the plants they place at level 3.

Any spell-made disease (Krypta's Wither spell, etc.) could be dispelled by Herbalists.

Comments/Suggestions on New Hero Ideas:

Nomads should explore quite a bit too. Many heroes could be scripted to follow and support them often, so the 'wise wizard(-like) beings' would lead groups of adventurers (a la just about every fantasy book in existence, starting with the Lord of the Rings).

I don't see why Hunters couldn't use their fire arrows versus normal units. A small idea: Healers or Cultists could plant fire balm plants, which Hunters could turn into fire balm potions, rather than an automatic weapon or buying fire balm from a local magic bazzar.

Comments on Temple Special Abilities:

The special abilities seem kind of similar to my old Oracle idea. There's also the affliction idea there, but that's really a side idea that has nothing to do with the rest of it.

Also, Athia's Fury sounds more like a temple spell to me, than a special ability.

Servant of Krolm

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for your suggestions. I really like your ideas. I agree now that Kroln should remain the ultimate god. Your Zia, God of Agriculture idea was an excellent idea. That is something that should be in the game.

Servant of Krolm

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Idea II- Siege and Ships
I heard somebody mention in another topic about a building called a Carpenter's Guild that used lumber to create things like catapults, battering rams and siege towers. I don't remember all the details, but this seems like an excellent idea. I think that there should be another building called an Engineer's Guild that, as well as providing other bonuses and abilities, creates heroes called Engineers. Engineers are timid heroes, who are not very good fighters either, similiar to gnomes. Their main function will be piloting siege devices. Siege devices, when created, will simply lay by the Carpenters Guild or Siege Build, or whatever building, unmoving and unable to operate. If a player places a new reward flag called a Siege Flag on a target building, wall or gate and the reward is high enough, Engineers may be compelled to operate the siege. The siege only works while an Engineer is operating it, and if an enemy hero or monster kills the Engineer, it will no longer work. Siege doesn't directly belong to the player who creates it, so if an Engineer is killed and siege is left in an area, an enemy Engineer could use it, if the enemy player has placed a Siege Reward Flag on something. Siege Towers would require two Engineers to operate it, and would not move toward the target wall until four or five heroes had garrisoned the siege tower.

Servant of Krolm

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Idea II- Siege and Ships (Continued)
Ships would work in a similiar way. At a Dock, you could build ships and train Captains. Ships would sit around at the dock for awhile until piloted. If heroes wanted to cross a certain body of water, they would get into ships and wait. To coax a Captain into piloting a certain ship, you would have to place a new reward falg called a Ship Flag on the desired ship. Unlike Siege, Ships cannot be stolen or used by the enemy.

Lurn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Comments on Siege and Ships:

First, I think a better way to handle it would be to simplify it down to simply having siege weapon and ships be henchman or heroes in and of themseves. Thus, a ship functions as a hero, and can gain items such as a new (better) captain or other crew members, or a new driver. And the ship/siege weapon's experience would go up on a whole, or in the case of siege weapons, the driver's. The ships/ siege would have normal explore and attack flags, as well as capture flags (which Cyberlore itself said it was planning for Majesty Legends).

Second, I don't see why ships couldn't be captured, although they'd probably lose all their 'items' (crew) and experience set to zero. Only another ship boarding a ship could capture it.

Servant of Krolm

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I guess that would be simpler and better, but I still like the idea of having Engineers. I like your idea.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty 2 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: