Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

E3 2005
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jay Adan

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 1:17 pm    Post subject: E3 2005 Reply with quote Back to top

Just got back from E3. I just realized that this may be the first year in a while that we didn't do a "Win something from Jay's Desk" contest. I may have to rectify that shortly.

Anway, it was a good show all around. I got another chance to hang out at the Playboy Mansion (without having to work the whole time this time), we had a LOT of meetings with publishers, I got a chance to see a lot of the show, and I got really worn out by the end of it.

As usual I can't give too many specifics about the stuff that I talked about with publishers. I wouldn't want to get anybody's hopes up too high but a conversation about Majesty 2 that happened early in the year and then dropped got started again at the show. We'll see what comes of it but I'm optimistic.

There were a lot of other discussions as well. Majesty 2 isn't the ONLY game that we want to do. I think that there's some very cool possibilities on the horizon. I wish that I could talk about them with you but I will when the time comes.

I saw two semi-famous people while I was in LA. The first was Tom Savini. If you are a fan of zombie movies then you probably know who he is. I saw him wandering around Santa Monica's 3rd Street Promenade. I also saw Clint Howard - Ron Howard's less famous brother. He showed up at the hotel we were staying at in West Hollywood. No idea why.

The show itself was PACKED. Apparently there was over 70,000 attendees to the show this year. Well, all I can tell you is that it was difficult to geet from place to place and forget about going to any event that OTHER people might actually want to go to like a signing or something because the lines were just stupid-long.

I didn't try out too many games. I gave Hellgate: London a try and was generally unimpressed (and I wanted to be impressed). I tried out Nintendogs - it was cute as heck. I gave Auto Assault a spin and it was... okay. Strangely I was pretty impressed by the demo for Aeon Flux. It essentially takes the gameplay style of the new Prince of Persia games and gives it an Aeon Flux makeover... and it really works! I always loved that show on MTV and I think that this game makes pretty good use of the license.

Speaking of licenses... I think that I'm going to scream next time I see a good license get turned into the same game that every other license gets made into. Case in point: The Nightmare Before Christmas: Oogies Revenge. Imagine the game that you might want to play based on this movie. Now toss that out and imagine a game where you play Jack Skellington running around smacking monsters with your magic whip and participating in jumping puzzles. The sad part is that it LOOKS so good. The settings and characters are spot on, it's just the gameplay that doesn't speak to the setting at all. It's sad, really. A similar treatment was given to the Chronicles of Narnia game where they just said "You know those Lord of the Rings games that looked really good but didn't play so hot? Make the game just like that." So you have this rich setting and deep characters running around fighting monsters. Ah well.

I'm REALLY worn out today. It was a long show and I didn't get home until last night. Jet lag sucks.

Lurn

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

"I wouldn't want to get anybody's hopes up too high but a conversation about Majesty 2 that happened early in the year and then dropped got started again at the show. We'll see what comes of it but I'm optimistic."

[super-obsessive Majesty fan mode]Could this mean . . .? Could it? Maybe? [/super-obsessive Majesty fan mode]

Apple

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Time to quote Jay out of context about Maj2 again...

:mrgreen:

Out of curiosity, did E3 stop functioning the moment Star Wars Episode 3 was screened?

Alfryd

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 7:45 am    Post subject: Re: E3 2005 Reply with quote Back to top

Jay Adan wrote:
I wouldn't want to get anybody's hopes up too high...

Fetch the defibrilator.
*rubrubrub*
_bzzp_
Quote:
...but a conversation about Majesty 2 that happened early in the year and then dropped got started again at the show. We'll see what comes of it but I'm optimistic.

Praise Dauros! I must now scurry off to the wishlist in a frantic effort to pre-empt any pending IP...
Quote:
There were a lot of other discussions as well. Majesty 2 isn't the ONLY game that we want to do. I think that there's some very cool possibilities on the horizon. I wish that I could talk about them with you but I will when the time comes.

It's okay. You can use a secret code. Like if you went over to 'wicrosoft,' to play a game called 'Walo 2.' That kind of code.

Quote:
Jet lag sucks.

Pfft. I broke my circadian rhythm years ago. Civ2'll do that.

Jay Adan

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Apple wrote:
Time to quote Jay out of context about Maj2 again...

Out of curiosity, did E3 stop functioning the moment Star Wars Episode 3 was screened?

Funny, but no. In fact, I didn't even get to see the movie. On Saturday I made the effort. First, by walking about a mile to the Beverly Center... only to find out that they didn't have it in their theater. Then I walked 3.5 miles to the Arclight theater... only to find out that ALL showings that day were sold out.

Very depressing.

Krypta

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
I wouldn't want to get anybody's hopes up too high

Interesting because you couldn't of done anything to get our hopes higher without actually naming a publisher.
3-Command & Conquer: Generals

Will the Spellcaster

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Agh! You didn't see Star Wars 3? Gaaahhhhh!!!!! (just so you know, I love Star Wars; I'm still debating whether Star Wars or Majesty is better [not the SW games, I never really liked them, the movie compared to Majesty is what I mean]) How could you manage! I didn't see it the day it came out; I was packing for a trip, but I saw it Sunday. A few obvious things are revealed (about Anikin and Palpatine), and a few not-so-obvious things are revealed (again, about Anikin and Palapatine, some other people too). Yougottagoseeityougottagoseeityougottagoseit! Twisted Evil

Alberinian Wildmaster

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

About Majest 2: YESSSSS!!!!!!!!! Finally someone got around talking about it. I mean, some people were just so unoptimistic about it coming out!
Star Wars 3: Ivegottoseeitivegottoseeitivegottoseeit!!!!!!!!!

Jay Adan

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

At the risk of raising the hype level dramatically, there are actually two conversations going now. One is just starting up though while the other one is essentially a continuation of an earlier discussion as I mentioned earlier.

Alberinian Wildmaster

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

YEEEHAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apple

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Apple's Unrealistic Theory of Maj2 Pseudo-Sentience:
If the hype level for Maj2 is dramatically raised to a sufficient level of extreme limits, Maj2 will take on a pseudo-sentient existence that will program and market itself.

Like a child grown up, Maj2 will go forth to work in far, possibly foreign lands and build considerable wealth. And like a loyal and obedient child, Maj2 will not forget its roots and will send portions of its paycheck back to its parents at home.

Alberinian Wildmaster

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, hahaha very funny........... MAJESTY 2 IS COMING OUT (soon I hope)....... anyway, YEEEEEHHHHHAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sebelius

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 11:44 pm    Post subject: Amazing Reply with quote Back to top

Great news. I've been lurking this board for years...

I don't even know what it would feel like NOT to be waiting for this game to get completed. The wait has taken on a life of its own Confused

Thanks for keeping the flame lit Cyberlore.

Alberinian Wildmaster

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yippppyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!! Majesty 2 is coming out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ven Fairweather

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Uh,... ok.

I know a little about this stuff and a conversation is a LOOOOOooooonnnngg way from a contract. But then, I'm not the optimist that A.W. is. I'm too old.
Confused
"One by one the penquins are stealing my sanity..."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: