Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Master of the Dragons
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> 1001 Ardanian Nights
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Son of the Dragon King

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2002 3:59 pm    Post subject: Master of the Dragons Reply with quote Back to top

The Duel of Power, the greatest and perhaps the most powerful event in the history of the world.
The war between the forces of good and evil. The very war that sealed tanaks in the abyss, and exile his followers to the wastes of Ren Imak.
The war started when Cren, the Dark Prince, follower of Tanaks, was given a magical sword and a dark, charred staff to serve him. The rod held te taint of evil, the very stentch of doom within it. Every creature that was touched by it would be perfected into mighty servants of the Darkness. But Cren's actions did not go unnoticed. Back in the realm of Kumara, Cren's twin brother, Sulfras, heard of the dark deeds and summoned his brother to him. Cren came, and with him the two dark weapons. The two debated and soon Sulfras learned of the rod and destroyed it. This act was the beginning of the war that would start to years later. Cren was sent to exile on the other side of the world as well as his minions. But Cren soon learned of the portals that were built by the ancient guardians to travel quicker to different lands. He sent his massive army into the portal to conquer the world for evil.

[ 21 April 2002, 12:23 PM: Message edited by: Son of the Dragon King ]

Son of the Dragon King

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2002 5:47 pm    Post subject: Master of the Dragons Reply with quote Back to top

The Erandor, the ancient city of the Kumara. The Dragon people. A Lord ran through the halls a double bladed pole in his hands. "Cren!" He called out. "I know your there! Come out and face me like the coward you are." A few shadows raced around him. and a dark cloaked man came out from a corner. "Very admirable Lord Sulfras. You managed to get this far, but I'm afraid the reclaiming of your kingdom has been futile." He sneered. " I win. Slithara! Attack!" A swarm of black robed lizardmen came out Armed to the teeth. " It was a great game, Sulfras, but this time it is checkmate."

The Slithara drew their weapons and headed for Sulfras. The lord jumped up and fire darted from his hands towards the Black lizards. Burning them to ash. "You want to dance?" He hissed.
"Let's!" Cren hissed drawing his sword.
The two charged at each other, exchanging blows and meeting cold steel. Hours later, two lords' weapons slipped from their hands. "It's time to end this battle." Sulfras said creating a massive sphere of light infront of him.
"Fool!" Cren panicked. "You'll kill us all!"
"If it stops you from taking over the world, then so be it!" He smiled releasing the sphere.

The survivors saw a beam of light that destroyed the palace and city. They never saw Sulfras or Cren again. The only sign of the two was their weapons: A golden scepter, and a black sword.
The kumara vowed to hide and guard the two swords lest evil survived and re-attempt to conquer the world.
Thus they wait for the one to come. The Heir of Sulfras, and become Master of Dragons.

- From a parchment of the ancient book: " Duel of Powers " by a scribe of Derinal

[ 21 April 2002, 12:50 PM: Message edited by: Son of the Dragon King ]

Son of the Dragon King

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2002 9:29 pm    Post subject: Master of the Dragons Reply with quote Back to top

Chapter one

The wind howled in the elf's ears as he rode his horse down the highway. He kept his left hand on the hilt of his sword as he guided his horse into the woods. He was a young elf. Blue eyes like the ocean. and long black hair that covered his shoulders. He wore white armor and a golden emblem of a serpent with four scaly legs and large wings raised high above his head. The symbol of a knight of Kindor. "How far is it to this inn?" he elf yelled behind him.
" We should reach it within the hour." Another elf with the armor of Kindor, but with grey eyes and short blonde hair responded.
One more hour. I hope they have stables, or I will ring that thick neck of his. He cursed to himself. The two knights were friends since the day they met in the kings palace. Two farmboys who trained to become knights under the king. Two knights given to the Protectors to use.
The Protectors were the common name for the Ter Elia. Powerful men and women who had the ability to control the elements of nature. Two Knights for the Council. More like two servants being led to the block he grunted.

Son of the Dragon King

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2002 9:31 am    Post subject: Master of the Dragons Reply with quote Back to top

The elf was too involved with his thoughts that he rarely noticed the inn coming in plain view.
"Can I take your horse sir?" a stableboy asked.
The elven knight dismounted and placed silver coin into the boy's hand. "Give him th best oats and grain you have. Groom him and saddle him tommorrow when I leave and there will be a gold coin waiting for you." He said taking his saddle bags and sword. "Yes Sir!" The boy said in enthusism as he led the two horses into the stable. "Kal, I will meet you inside. I'm retiring for the night." walked away.
"I think I'll have an ale and a game of chance before I rest, Malick." Kal replied.
Malick nodded as he paid for his room and followed a serving maid to the rooms above.

Now where's that dice board at ? Kal mused as he searched the common room.

Son of the Dragon King

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2002 3:44 pm    Post subject: Master of the Dragons Reply with quote Back to top

The next morning Malick awoke to the sound of rain beating against the window. He scanned the room, his plate mail was near the bed and his sword beside it. "Great! Now I'll rust on the way." he grumbled putting on the suit. He headed down to the common room and saw Kal snoozing on a table. "I trust you had your rest?" Malick pounded the table. Kal woke with a start and beltched. "No more ale for you!" Malick waved a hand infront of his face. "How many did you have? five?"
"Ten." The drunken elf smacked his lips.
"Well we better leave now." The elf grimly spoke. "We should have been there last night. And we are two days behind."
"What about breakfast?"
"Eat some of that burnt jerky the cook made for our trip." Malick walked out the door.
Kal followed, cursing under his breath.

Son of the Dragon King

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2002 9:56 am    Post subject: Master of the Dragons Reply with quote Back to top

The two knights mounted their horses, returning to the road that led to Maraneth, the city of the Protectors. Malick heard Kal mutter something about "burnt bark" and "devious mages" under his breath. The feeling was mutual with Malick, every day the king's advisor, a Ter Elia , would peer over the two knights, examining them and ask them questions. Personal questions.
About their origin, if they knew of the ancient past of their hometowns, and other such questions regarding their childhood. Nosy Ter Elias, he thought. Always prying into our past. Why don't they leave us alone? We never interfered with their affairs.

Maraneth, the City of the Protectors, home of the Tower of Ancients. An old man paced back and forth, grumbling and cursing. every once in a while he would look out the window or at the young mage and shook his head.
"You are sure these two men are comming here, Handuis?" The ancient eyes of the man set it's gaze upon the young mage, standing near the fire.
The man called Handuis smiled in reassurance "These two elves took the vows when they were still in the icy pond. They must have been delayed for some reason."
"They better have a good reason." The old wizard stared out the window. "My time is not something to be taken advatage of. If they aren't here within the hour I'll-"
A voice was heard and two weary knights entered the fortress.
"It looks like them, Melar." Handuis mused, hoping to cool the wizard's temper. "Do you wish to speak with them now? or later perhaps?"
"I will, omly if it's the two."

Son of the Dragon King

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2002 5:17 pm    Post subject: Master of the Dragons Reply with quote Back to top

The mage bowed as he left the archmage and headed towards the courtyards.
"If those knights are the two, I will make them wish they stayed at the castle." He chuckled in a cold tone as he watched the men dismount. He tirned and sat at his desk, finishing the deeds and letters that cluttered the desk.

The two knights gave the reigns of their horses to the servants and removed there sddlebags. They were wet, cold tired and their white armor covered in rust and mud from their journey, a robed figure approached them, a cold, stern look crossed his face. "You two!" He yelled, frightening the nearly invisible birds and the servants passing by. "You better pray to the gods for mercy! The Arcanis is rather annoyed at your late arrival."
Kal tried to protest but Malick beat him to the punch. "Excuse us, but it is not our fault you expect us to come here in four days when the castle itself is twenty days away!"
He shifted the saddlebags on his shoulder and continued. "You better pray that the gods spare you instead! This had better be as urgent as you demanded or we'll slice you and return back home on foot!"
Kal's eyes grew wide in shock, he knew that Malick hated the protectors, but this was going to far! The wizard tapped his staff and gave the blue-eyed elf a cold stare. "The Arcane demands that you meet with him emediantly!" he said. "I will show you the way, but you better show him respect or you may find yourself lucky to have a bodypart missing when you leave. He is in a sour mood over your tardines."

Son of the Dragon King

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2002 12:50 pm    Post subject: Master of the Dragons Reply with quote Back to top

The two elves exchanged angry glances as they followed the mage into the tower, barely noticing the large tapestries and paintings tat decorated the halls. The mage would stop and give orders or ask news of other realms from a passing servant or apprentice. Kal hated the palace, the Arcanis Castle as it was called. He felt the magic that was summoned and the smell of failed tests were unbearable. Malick however had clenched fists and tense arms, as if trying to fight back the urge to slam his fist into the mage. He would have doine it too! But the mage would have slammed him with a force of his magic if he did. Kal always asked him why he hated them, but all he got was the same cold stare the elf always gave the protectors. Kal didn't like them either, nor did he hate them. He just went on with his buisness and never bothered them unless they were in his path.
"I thought you said the Arcanis is displeased with our tardiness, wizard!" Malick snapped. "From what I see you are taking your sweet time getting us there!"
The mage looked at him cooly but his tone proved otherwise. "It is wise to enter a dragon's den after he eats, rather than before! I am merely saving y ou from his wrath, while we approach."
He opened one of the doors and shoved the two knights in. "Now remember to show him respect, or hew will do worse than bite you!" He grinned.
THe two knights walked into the room and saw an old man sitting near the fire. A white rod with a golden star and moon atop it glittered with the firelight. "I expected you two here within two days, why have you come a month later?" He spoke, never turning his face to meet them.

Falotar

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 12:51 am    Post subject: Master of the Dragons Reply with quote Back to top

Clouds were gathering over the forest of Torolan Daln, making it inhospitable weather for travelling. Nevertheless, there were two creatures out in the strengthening storm; a maiden and her mount.
The girl was garbed in a simple white robe; over which was thrown a long white cloak, with a white hood which obscured her features. Her hands, which were bare, were white also, as if long unexposed to the Sun. She rode her horse bareback, with neither saddle nor bridle.
The horse was a tall stallion. His coat was a glossy brown; his thick mane and tail were brown also, though of a lighter hue. He stepped with a natural grace, though it was somewhat hidden by a momentary awkwardness; he seemed unaccustomed to his hooves - if that were possible.
It was a rather curious thing, that a lone girl should be riding so magnificent an animal in such desolate parts, for few lived near to the Torolan Daln, and certainly no one lived inside its boundaries. But it was from under the eaves of the wood that the maid went riding.
If this were not strange enough, the conversation that followed was.
"How far is it, to the city - to Maraneth?" asked the girl, in tones not unlike those of a silver bell. She spoke apparently to the clouds above her; the wonder was, she was answered.
"The city lies two days' hard running away," answered the stallion. His tones, too, resembled a bell; a deeper bell, forged maybe of bronze or gold. "But that is in fair weather, and without a rider. Also, it is long since any of our kin ventured beyond the bounds of our forest. The world may have changed."
"Pray that it has not, cousin;" said she, "for our errand, though not pressing, admits of no delay."
Her stallion snorted. "Fear not, Cryzalana! Even with you on my back instead of running beside me, I should make the journey in under three days' time."
"Do not be silly," she replied, smiling. "You will not run all the way to Maraneth. And you know perfectly well that it was your own idea that I ride. You said it was only fair, considering that you would be riding me into the city."
"Do not remind me of it! I do not wish to enter the city at all."
"The Patriarch wished it," said Cryzalana softly. "He said that great things were happening in the World Outside."
"In which case, it would seem better to me that he should send someone else," said the stallion. In the course of their conversation, they had already covered some two miles of ground, for the horse moved at a quick pace. "Not that I doubt my own skill, but why send you? An elder fighter, like Fruquin or Kercryz, would have been better, if companion I needed."
"You could hardly enter Maraneth alone, Havotor," she replied crisply. "Well-named you are! But do not think your cousin is not a match for you. If not in power or strength, perhaps in other ways. Someone is needed to keep your swelled head from trouble."
So the conversation went on, trailing into friendly banter between horse and rider. Night fell. Far away, two Elven knights were seeking shelter in an Inn.

[ 24 April 2002, 07:46 PM: Message edited by: Falotar ]

Son of the Dragon King

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 9:42 am    Post subject: Master of the Dragons Reply with quote Back to top

Malick opened his mouth to protest, but this time Kal spoke up. "We were on patrol when the King recieved your letter, Arcanis." He shifted his feet and continued. "When we returned the king gave us fresh horses and sent usa on our way here."
"There were portals in Kindor." The Archmage calmly spoke, "Why didn't you use them?"
"The portals maybe swift in the journey Arcanis, but the feeling of knives cut at us then re-assemble us is not very appealing."
"Portals are never ment to be confortable, child." The archmage smiled, "but you have come, a little late perhaps, But you have come."
"Arcanis Tolae," Malick kept his temper, but some evidence in his tone proved otherwise. "The letter you have sent us said our presence is needed here in Manareth, may I ask what it is you wish?"
"Do you two know much of your hometown's histories?" The Arcanis smiles walking to a window.
The elves looked at each other in confusion and shook their heads.
"Well malick I am surprised you do not even suspect it. Your town, Formello is built with the stones from the ancient castle that stood against evil until the golems appeared. Yours, Kal, is built near some city ruins, am I correct.
Kal nodded, his face tilted in confusion.
"Azron, the ancient city of the Whyvern. Stood against the Krakens and Whyrms until Eris destroyed it. Eris, Mistress of Whyverns, who would rather die than let evil have her power."
"You mean to tell us what? That we are the decendants of the masters as well as the people of those cities?" Malick grew impatient. "Is that what was so Important?"
"I never said you were, but yes, it is vital that you knew, for the wastes are re-opening once again and I fear that tey will be sending spies to search and find the artifacts and obtain them."
"So what does that have to do with us?"
"Malick, I have sent for the king's best to guard one of my Elia, a sage by the name of Mortax." She will search for them and you two will accompany her and protect her until the artifacts are found."
"One question." Kal spoke up. "The Sword of the Dragon Master Sulfras."
"What about it?"
"In Myth the sword can only be touched by the Hier of Sulfras, those who attempt will die from it. How are we to obtain it if none of us are one of Sulfras' decendants?"
The Arcanis chucklled as he looked at the muscular elf.
"Also in legend it is not on this Island, but on Ardania. The actual location of the ancient city itself. As well as the others, it is guarded by a cult, or followers who guard it."
"Ardania? But that is miles away! Not to mention that no-one has landed on the soil since the Duels!" Malick's eyes grew wide in shock. "How are we to find the artifacts if we do not even know the land as it is now?"
"I suggest you get some sleep, children." The Arcanis snapped his fingures and two guards came in. "Please show them their rooms, and have thier meals brought to them."
The guards bowed as the two knights reluctantly followed.
I don't trust that Archmage. Malick thought to himself. How are we to find the artifacts if he hides information?

Falotar

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 11:39 pm    Post subject: Master of the Dragons Reply with quote Back to top

Earlier that day, around noon, the maid and the stallion were coming into sight of a small village built out on the plains. Havotot slowed his pace.
"The Patriarch was right," he admitted, in a grudging tone of voice. "The World has changed. This village did not exist when last our kind trod the lands."
"Your father is wiser than you give him credit for," said Cryzalana. She stared at the village. "I wonder if I could buy something there that would make our journey more swift? We are going too slowly for my taste."
"What would you buy?" asked Havotor, as if derisive of the concept, and also of the notion that the inhabitants would have anything worth selling. "And how would you pay?"
"Perhaps I could perform some minor task for them," said Cryzalana. "As for what I would purchase, something not too obvious to make you run faster. Horseshoes, perhaps."
Havotor swung his head around, to face her, his eyes glittering. "Horseshoes?" he said, his voice lowering with anger. "I am the Heir of the Patriarch, and your own cousin! You would not subject me to such humiliation!"
"A little humility would do you good," she replied, staring calmly into his eyes. He swung his head back around with a snort.
"Suggest such a thing again," he warned, "and I shall make you get down. If speed you want, there are better ways to have it."
He threw his head back, and a light shown briefly from under his forelock. The countryside blinked, and they were no longer standing outside a small village. Instead, they stood outside a large city.
"Maraneth," said Havotor with satisfaction.
"You arrogant fool!" cried Cryzalana. She slid off his back and marched around to face him. "Now, every petty magician for miles will know that something is up, and the Ter Elia is not composed of petty magicians! We might just as well prance into town in our own forms!"
"You are a foolish filly," said Havotor. He stared down his nose at her. "A teleportation spell should mean nothing to these 'Ter Elia', if they are half so powerful as legend reputes them. If they are frightened by such a simple thing, then we had better go elsewhere for information."
"The grass is calling the tree green!" she shot back. "I, foolish? I am not worried about the Ter Elia being frightened; the legends say they are even more self-confidant then you. I am worried about them being alerted of our true natures."
"They will not be," said the stallion stiffly.
"Oh? Men are not fools, Havotor. Speaking of fools, you dare call me 'filly', after casting a transport spell out of spite?"
"Enough of this." Havotor managed to make his ringing tones sound sulky. He swung his head, looking for a place where they could change positions. "There is a grove. Come on, and stop arguing."

Ollik, a guard on duty on the walls near the front of the city, had just seen a most unusual thing. A white-robed girl on a chestnut horse had appeared out of nowhere. Then they apparently had an argument, and then went off together to the Caelon Grove. A few minutes later, a young man dressed in a rich brown robe and a cloak with golden edging came out of the Grove, riding a white mare. This was a strange day, indeed.

"Put your hood up," hissed the mare as they neared the gate.
"Very well." The man pulled the gold-edged hood up over his face, concealing shoulder-length brown hair and a face, which, though handsome, was dead white.
"Ho there!" said a guard. "Seek you entry into the City of the Protectors?"
"We do indeed," replied the man. "Unbar your gates, and let us in."
"Who are you?" asked the guard, as he complied.
"I am Havotor, son of Orotar," answered the man, inclining his hooded head.
"I have never heard of either," said the guard. The gate opened. Havotor looked down at him, as the mare trotted past.
"Of the many things you have not heard of," said he, "of these two names you will learn more of."
The startled guard loked after the receding figures of the horse and rider. Only afterwards did in realized that the rider had used plural pronouns.

[ 24 April 2002, 07:52 PM: Message edited by: Falotar ]

Son of the Dragon King

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2002 5:57 am    Post subject: Master of the Dragons Reply with quote Back to top

The Next morning, Kal awoke to the smell of food. He opened his eyes to see servant bringing in a platter of ham and a few eggs. They bowed low and backed out of the room. Kal got up and walked to the table. "I wonder what Malick is doing now?" he thought aloud, chewing on the ham.

Malick paced up and down the room, he was furious and his temper rising every minute. When he awoke this morning, he noticed his armor and sword had dissappeared from the chair he placed them on.
He asked the servants what did they do with his armor, but they only smiled and left a meal on the table. A meal no cold.
Cold be poisoned, or worse enchanted. He shivered at the thought, he heard tales of such things with the Protectors, and grew very cautious around the advisor in Krindor.
The servants had already gave him a suit of clothes to wear to replace his armor, but they never moved from the spot. Instead he pulled out his own clothes. A brown coat and breaches, covered by a green cloak with the symbol of Krindor. He heard a knock at the door, and Kal's voice behind it. "Malick, can we talk?"
The elf opened the door to see Kal dressed in white robes and a grey cloak, his sword by his side.
"I see they let you have your weapon." He scowled. "Took your armor as well?"
"Yes, and they gave me these clothes! Malick! Do you know what these clothes represent? Gods, They are the clothes of a guardian!" Kal grimaced.
"I was given the same, but I chose to wear my own clothes." Malick spoke grimly. "I would rather die than be a gaurdian to one of those Protectors."
"Isn't that what the Arcanis said, though? We were to protect a sage from harm while she obtained the artifacts."
"Yes, that is correct, but still I would rather die. If that Archmage thinks I am as stupid as every other farmboy, well he's wrong! I read about the Duel and the legends of the artifacts. The possesors of such artifacts control all creatures that the artifact represents, and if the Arcanis Pari holds them in his power, he might use them to conquer the world."
"Or he might hide them until the true portectors come." Kal added.
"Don't you see Kal? There is more to this than what that wizard said! He's holding something back something that could be important!"
"He could, and he has his reasons. The rest may be dangerous, or it may not be time to know."

Falotar

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2002 10:36 am    Post subject: Master of the Dragons Reply with quote Back to top

"What did you mean by using 'we' and 'us' in your conversation with the guard back there?" Cryzalana whispered.
"He did not appear smart enough to catch on, and I certainly was not going to leave you out."
"I told you you would get us into trouble. We are here to see the Protectors, to learn from them, if possible, what transpires in the World. At the same time, we wish to keep our identities hidden. You are quite failing in that!"
"Be silent," he warned, "or you shall give our identities away far sooner than any of my actions could."
Indeed, the richly dressed man who rode an unadorned horse was drawing many stares: from passersby on the streets, from people in houses. Havotor returned the stares with disdain.
At length, they came to a looming structure which could only be the Protectors' palace, the Arcanis Castle. Havotor dismounted.
"Remember," Cryzalana whispered in his ear, "try not to be arrogant before the master of this place. Pride is not the attitude to show before the rulers of the world."
"I can look after myslef," said Havotor in reply. "Still, thank you for your thoughts." He looked up at the gate, and called out "Open!"
A man poked his head out of a window above the gates. "Eh?" he said, blinking. "And who might you be?"
"My name is Havotor, son of Orotar. I am a noble from another country. I desire to see the ruler of this keep. Open the gates!"
"The Arcanis is occupied," said the warden stubbornly. "And no one may enter unless summoned by one of the Ter Elia."
"Inform this Arcanis or whatever he styles himself that he is to become unoccupied. And I need permission from no one to go where I will."
Cryzalana nudged his neck with her nose.
"Go easy, cousin," she muttered.
The gatewarden stood in some doubt. No man had ever shown such insolence at the gates of the Castle before, and the man could not help but think that this Havotor, son of Orotar had power to back up his bold words. Still, even if it were one of the Gods themselves, he could not let anyone pass without permission from the Arcanis.
"I will send a message," he called down at last. If the Arcanis so wills it, you may enter." Havotor was left fuming in the courtyard below.
Minutes passed. Then the warden poked his head out again. "You are honoured, Havotor, son of Orotar!" he shouted down. "The Arcanis wishes to meet you. Pray that you are prepared."
The gates slowly swung open, and Havotor marched up the steps, followed by Cryzalana. "He might very well pray," muttered Havotor, "that he is prepared."
"Mind yourself," was Cryzalana's answer.
They were now in the courtyard of the Castle. A robed man came forward.
"I am Handius," he said. "I will conduct you to the Arcanis' chamber. Be brief, as he has already had one interview with two other guests today."
Havotor seemingly ignored the man. He was watching the servants lead Cryzalana off to the stables, and frowning.
"Did you hear what I said?" demanded the wizard.
"Quite well," returned Havotor. "You are Handius, you are taking me to see the Arcanis. Why do you stand there then? Lead on!"
Handius looked coldly at him. "Cool your manner before seeing the Arcanis," he said, "or he will cool it for you."
Melar looked up from his desk as Handius knocked on the door. He looked back to his papers. "Come in," he growled.
"Havotor, son of Orotar," anounced Handius with sarcastic inflection. The named man came in, and Handius withdrew.
Melar did not turn. "What do you want?" he said. No answer. "My time is important! What do you want?"
"I do not converse with those who do not look at me," said Havotor.
"Then stand there until the Gods call for you!" snapped the Arcanis. "I have important things to do, and cannot waste my time with you."
"This is more important than any little scratchings you might have on your desk," replied Havotor.
Still the Arcanis did not turn. "Such an important thing, then, doubtless requires much time," he said, sarcasm tinging his voice as it had the other wizard's. "Depart from me, and I will have more time to attend to you in the morning. Servants will show you to your quarters."
"Very well." Havotor glared icily at the old man's back. "On the morrow."
As soon as the servants had escorted the hooded man from the room, the Arcanis got up. He began to cast a powerful spell, which would enable him to follow the movements of this "Havotor" at all times. Magic was the most efficient spy.

[ 24 April 2002, 08:09 PM: Message edited by: Falotar ]

Son of the Dragon King

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2002 4:04 pm    Post subject: Master of the Dragons Reply with quote Back to top

Handius, Archmage of Fire, Gate of the Arcanis, walked down the guest hall to the rooms of the two elves. He opened Malick's door to see the two talking about their homelands and debating on their quest.
"It's time." Handius spoke up. The two elves jerked their heads towards the archmage. "The Arcanis demands your presence."
Kal walked past the mage, but Handius stopped Malick.
"What now?" Malick gave the Mage an icy stare.
"You are not wearing the clothes presented to you, where did you get those?"
"I wear what I wish, and I will not wear the clothes of a guardian."
The two stared at each other's eyes. Kal almost thought they were arguing through their minds.
Then a smile cracked the Archmage's mouth. "You wish to offend the Arcanis? Very well, wear what you wish."
He led the two down the halls and back into the Arcanis' study.
"Enjoy your visit, and hopefully you will survive." A wider grin split the archmage's lips as he closed the door.
Kal shuddered. Handius was refering to Malick, and that was no help to the raging temper of the elf.

"So atleast one of you obeys orders." The Arcanis broke the silence, still studying the scrolls.
"Forgive my friend, Arcanis." Kal apologeticly bowed. "His people never trusted the Ter Elia, or the Protectors. Give him time, and he may see your nothing like the darkness."
"And he shall have the time he needs, I have sent for you to meet Mortax."
"A sage you wish for us to guard? Or serve like dogs?" Malick hissed through his teeth.
"Watch your tongue in the presence of the Arcanis, Fool!" A woman hissed from behind. Kal and Malick turned to face the woman. She was a young slender woman with long black hair braided on the right. A Blue dress with silver trim marked her as a Sage of water, cold green eyes stared icily at Malick. SHe thrust her hand and sent Malick to the cieling, then released her magic, sending the tall elf crashing onto the floor.
The Archmage had a smile of satisfaction as he looked up from the papers. "This is Mortax, you will be guarding her until the artifacts have been collected

Raistlin, Archmagus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2002 6:37 pm    Post subject: Master of the Dragons Reply with quote Back to top

Not far from Maraneth, the Great Ocean begins. The vast body of water stretches all the way to Ardania; though it had not been traveled much. Almost no one visited it, in fact; almost no one.

The surface of the ocean bubbled. The disturbance of the water traveled towards land. Rising from the dark expanse, came a woman. Her hair was a light seaweed green, her skin fair, tinged with the bluish green of the ocean. Her name was Rifka Oceaneye. Out of the water she traveled, shedding the water as if it were air. Away from the chilly depths, she looked around. It was time. She had been chosen by the Elders for this mission. Nodding grimly, she crossed her arms, and gave a beautiful, yet ear-piercing whistle. The waves rolled, looking both menacing and inviting. As a wave crashed on the sand, a strange creature stepped out. At first glance, it seemed to have a fin, and webbed feet. It also seemed to be blue. The sea-creature was a hippocampus. As it left the waves though, it shed it’s ocean composure, turning a black so dark it looked almost blue. Its fin became two separate legs; its webbed feet became hooves. Smiling slightly, Rifka leaped onto the sea horse’s back gracefully, as if she had had years of practice. Nodding grimly, she urged the horse onward, guiding with her knees. She would soon reach Maraneth; and the Protectors.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> 1001 Ardanian Nights All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: