Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Reinstalling Majesty Gold...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty Technical Assistance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
evanescenceguyem

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reinstalling Majesty Gold... Reply with quote Back to top

I'm having problems reistalling majesty gold. I have Windows XP. When ever I try to reinstall it, it says something along the lines of "please delete old majesty files". I have searched and found no majesty files on my computer. Can someone help me?

Alberinian Wildmaster

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have two ideas:
1#: Try a search. Type "Majesty"
2#: Go to My Computer and go to program files. Go to Infrogames Interactive, if it is there. If it is, then delete it.

Spiderman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There could also be data in an "unnamed folder" in something like your c:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information (or something similarly named), but since it's unnamed, it would be hard to figure out which one's the Majesty Gold one, unfortunately...

evanescenceguyem

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Alberinian Wildmaster wrote:
I have two ideas:
1#: Try a search. Type "Majesty"
2#: Go to My Computer and go to program files. Go to Infrogames Interactive, if it is there. If it is, then delete it.

I did #1 already and found nothing.

But then I did #2 and found a majesty subfolder under a folder named microprose. I deleted it, but i still get that error message.

Spiderman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Can you go to a Restore Point before you installed Majesty?

Krypta

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I am assuming you use the auto run here.

1-Open My Computer.
2-right click on the CD drive and select 'open.'
3-Double click on the install file.

I used this to install Majesty twice on my computer so that me and my brother could run seperate campaigns.
3-Command & Conquer: Generals

Alberinian Wildmaster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Two more ideas:
1#: Insert the Majesty cd so it auto runs. Click uninstall. Then Reinstall (hopefully).
2#: Go to add/remove programs and delete Majesty.
Hope that helps.

wavefront

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It might be a registery item that is fooling the install in to thinking that it's already installed. Sometimes you can find get a list of exactly what's installed by a install program by launching uninstall and selecting 'custom' instead of 'automatic'. Custom uninstall lists everything installed and ask what you want to remove.

evanescenceguyem

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

wavefront wrote:
program by launching uninstall and selecting 'custom' instead of 'automatic'.

The only problem is, that I cant unistall majesty gold.

Alberinian Wildmaster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What do you mean, you can't uninstall it? It won't let you, or when you try, an error message pops up?

evanescenceguyem

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Alberinian Wildmaster wrote:
What do you mean, you can't uninstall it? It won't let you, or when you try, an error message pops up?

I cant uninstall it because its not installed on my pc.

When i run majesty gold, and the autoplay menu pops up. The only option is to install it. And when i press install, that error message pops up and says to delete any old majesty games previously installed.

Alberinian Wildmaster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......... Isn't that Wonderful? Well, I've pretty much run out of ideas......... Sorry, man.

Spiderman

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's what some of us were saying, that the uninstall didn't do a very thorough job. It did enough so that the program thinks it was uninstalled, thus the only option of Installing when the Autoplay goes, but there's actually some "hidden" files that the actual install process is having problems with. The game Stronghold has that problem.

Short of a hard disk wipe though, not sure what you can do at this point.

danielle20

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 8:32 pm    Post subject: im confused lol Reply with quote Back to top

im trying to get my ps2 to work through my router and it wont work my internet works but for some reason my ps2 wont conect online my ps2 works if the network adapter is put into just my dsl modem but when i try to hook it up to my router it wont conect somebody please help me or im going to through it out the wondow

Apple

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty Technical Assistance All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: