Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

The Fallen One: Phantom Fortress
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> 1001 Ardanian Nights
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedChaos

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 11:26 pm    Post subject: The Fallen One: Phantom Fortress Reply with quote Back to top

If one travelled south, out over the ocean, he would find a most curious thing. Massive stone walls rise up, right out of the water! Few have seen them, because they move. Every new moon they translocate. The Starlight Pillar is a gateway of sorts. A stopping point for those who seek the heavens. A sinister smile disfigured Megan's features. With their new defenses in place, no one could stop them.

RedChaos

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 11:30 pm    Post subject: The Fallen One: Phantom Fortress Reply with quote Back to top

"You've been holding out on us.", Celestriel wanted answers.
"I haven't been holding out on anyone. I didn't think anyone else needed to hear what I have to say."
"Well, we do!", this time Lunos spoke.
"Okay, I'll tell everything I know."
Mada Uaenaj closed his eyes, and started to talk.

------------------
Smitten with Love I am the Kitten

RedChaos

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 11:59 pm    Post subject: The Fallen One: Phantom Fortress Reply with quote Back to top

Megan the Sorceress was not the first of her kind. But she was the greatest. From pupil to master, she learned faster than any other. But it did not come without its price. She had essentially made her soul forfeit. All for power. She wanted to be the best and the Demons obliged her. She would have had all of Ardania in the palm of her hand if the Paladins had not acted. She was slain before she awoke from the deep trance that heralded the emergence of her greatest powers. The Paladins had to kill all of the Sorcerors to reach Megan's defenseless form. But they did. It was a thousand years before any sorceror was welcome in an Ardanian Kingdom. But the Demons weren't done with her yet. She was dead and her soul was their plaything. She was brought back to plunge Ardania into darkness. The Demons will motivated her to ascend to power. The Priestesses worshipped Krypta. Everyone died and they had control over death itself. They were a threat that could not be controlled. So they were incarcerated. The Cultists were a chaotic people and like the Priestesses, could not be controlled. But they dissappeared to a place where not even the Demons could touch them. The Healers were weak and ignorant, no threat. And what were the Monk's going to do? Tell someone what was going on? The Paladins followed Law to the letter. All Megan had to do was pervert their perception of Law. But her job still wasn't done. A thousand years ago the Paladins slaughtered the Demons' physical forms, and sealed away their essences, keeping them from returning. Megan still did not have an army. So she settled for a fortress. She brought Sorcerors and Dwarves together, in order to construct it. The fortress itself is sealed away, deep inside a mountain. The only way in is by teleportation, the Starlight Pillar. The Starlight Pillar is a fortress in its own right. The fate of Ardania was to be decided, and it didn't look good.

RedChaos

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2001 12:13 am    Post subject: The Fallen One: Phantom Fortress Reply with quote Back to top

Lunos was curious about one thing,"How do you know so much?"
"A Monk has been contacting me, in my dreams."
"Oh."
"What must we do?", Celestriel was all business.
"You already know. Find that stupid Dwarf! And then fate will handle the rest."
"That Dwarf has tracks going everywhere. He must be doubling back and climbing trees to mess up his trail. He's smart. Monsters in these swamps stalk travellers all the time.", Lunos noticed these things.
"Lets find us a Dwarf!", Mada said this as cheerily as possible.

------------------

RedChaos

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2001 7:41 pm    Post subject: The Fallen One: Phantom Fortress Reply with quote Back to top

Goblins, everywhere! They were looking for him. That lone Dwarf, up in the tree. Thorn Ironcutter was his name.
But what's this? A raiding party? Couldn't be, Solarus and Adept wouldn't cooperate. Better remain hidden.

RedChaos

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2001 7:51 pm    Post subject: The Fallen One: Phantom Fortress Reply with quote Back to top

Grum-Gog was not content, wouldn't, couldn't be content until the humans were burned from Ardania. Krally Of Swarms had returned. His body was indestructible. His spirit had been saved in a talisman. But only Grum-Gog could summon the Swarm, and without the Swarm, body and spirit could not be brought together.
A chill wind blew through the camp. It carried withit the scent of rot and decay. Dark magic was at work. With a beastial howl it became one. One from many. The last of the scarabs, scorpions, spiders, and other unmentionable filth crawled towards the pile of bones. A green skin stretched itself out over the skeletal frame. It grinned maliciously as the last of its body returned. Krally was Grum-Gog himself.
"Char kak ol bigios, lutennohk!"
The Wrath of the Horde had been unleashed.

RedChaos

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2001 7:58 pm    Post subject: The Fallen One: Phantom Fortress Reply with quote Back to top

"How do you plan to stop Megan?", Lunos was ever inquisitive.
"With only the Stars to see by, the Pillar moves. At full light, the gate opens.", Mada said this very specifically.
Celestriel,"What is that supposed to mean?"
"That is all I know about our path, the way to Megan."
The four continued on in silence.

------------------

RedChaos

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2001 5:44 pm    Post subject: The Fallen One: Phantom Fortress Reply with quote Back to top

The day had been overcast and drizzly since dawn. The grass seemed too weak to stay up. Everything had been drained of life.
"HUGHT! AUGH!" Lunos slipped and landed in a heap.
Celestriel continues on past his body,"And your a Adept? Pathetic."
"I can't help it if I can't walk!", Lunos said this while wiping the mud off his clothes. A roar of inhuman proportions silenced the group! The Minotaur looked down upon them from the rocky outcropping he stood upon. His axe was as long as his body was tall. Each end of his axe had a pair of gargantuan blades mounted on it. He threw back his hairy, horned, head and bellowed in delight.
"I, Warlord Gorbiner of the Minotaur, have been ordered to slay the fallen one! Krally of Swarms demands it!"

RedChaos

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2001 9:46 pm    Post subject: The Fallen One: Phantom Fortress Reply with quote Back to top

A silence fell upon the group and they stared up at the Minotaur. The jewel implanted in it's forearm identified it as one of the original shocktroopers. They were supposed to be dead. All the originals, despite their tremendous powers, were supposed to be dead. But not Warlord Gorbiner of the Minotaur. His nose ring was a demonic artifact imbued with shadowy magics. Only a priestess could have told you what it did.
"So the Fallen One has friends! HA! My fight is not with you." A mist emanated from the ground at the minotaurs feet, slowly oozing out and covering everything. Things, were lurking inside of this mist, unholy things.
"What trickerey is this?!", Celestriel Nightsbane had an aversion to mists and fogs, they blocked the sun.
"Shadowbeasts, the minotaur summoned them", Mada Uaenaj readied his spear. "Rage, the minotaur wants you dead. Show him what you know!"

------------------

RedChaos

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2001 9:56 pm    Post subject: The Fallen One: Phantom Fortress Reply with quote Back to top

Rage was confused. But it wouldn't last. It never did. The firey anger was returning. It clouded over all of "Its" other emotions and turned "It" into a killing machine. And when the anger left, nothing would be left. No thoughts, feelings, memories, nothing. And now this, this, minotaur, was going to make him angry!
"AAARRRGGHHMMWWWEERRR!", Rage hefted "Its" blade-stick to a fighting stance and prepared to disembowel the minotaur.

RedChaos

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2001 10:01 pm    Post subject: The Fallen One: Phantom Fortress Reply with quote Back to top

The goblins were in a panic! It seemed a horde of minotaurs was sacking their camp.
"If those minotaurs kick up enough of a ruckus, I'll be able to sneak outta dis here place!" Thorn Ironcutter smiled to himself. Then he dropped his hammer and and had to climb down to get. And it isn't easy for a dwarf to climb a tree. He wasn't smiling after that.

RedChaos

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2001 1:36 am    Post subject: The Fallen One: Phantom Fortress Reply with quote Back to top

The silence was eery. Eerily silent, the four stood looking at what they had done. Seven dead shadowbeasts were lieing mangled on the ground. But they didn't notice them. Warlord Gorbiner staggered to his feet.
In a shallow, raspy sounding voice,"Why? Why? Did you stop me? You all seem intelligent, logical. Why did you stop me?"
"We are NOT going to let you kill one of our friends!", Mada Uaenaj was furious and didn't understand why the minotaur had to ask such a stupid question.
"The Fallen One, Rage, is not normal. No Disciple of Chaos would consort with the Demons. But Rage is different. Blasted humans! Blinded by your own stupidity! Your own kind has doomed you all. Without the Fallen One, Megan is powerless. And you saved "It". Why?"
"We will stop the sorceress without killing our friends."
"You will be the death of this world." And having said that, Warlord Gorbiner of the Minotaur died. Rage wounded him too greatly. Not even Agreala could have saved him.

RedChaos

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2001 9:26 pm    Post subject: The Fallen One: Phantom Fortress Reply with quote Back to top

The four advanced upon the goblin camp. The scene before them was gruesome. Dead minotaurs were strewn about as if they were no more than a child's playthings. The goblins were gone.
"The big ones gone, no worries 'bout it."
"Don't sneak up on us.", Mada Uaenaj was very calm, the others jumped in startlement when the dwarf appeared behind them.
"Wot are you all doin' 'ere?"
Rage spoke,"A journey."
Celestriel,"What's your name dwarf?"
"Thorn Ironcutter."
Lunos Daysbane,"Will you come with us? We could use your help."
"Sure, I'll come. Why do you need me?"
Mada took charge,"You've seen Krally of Swarms, the big green one you see earlier. We need you to find him for us."
"Why do you want to find 'im? He's evil, stay away from 'im."
"He knows about the demons." And that was all Mada would say.

------------------

RedChaos

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2001 2:49 pm    Post subject: The Fallen One: Phantom Fortress Reply with quote Back to top

Normally the five would of drawn a lot of attention to themselves but in the port town Oasitar anything was commonplace.
"We need a ship.", Mada had been quiet up until now.
Lunos was ever curious,"Why, what ocean must we cross?"
"I don't know. But I plan to find out. We can worry about our destination once we get a ship."
"If I 'member rightly, the Triadic Union should be docked 'ere ta day. I've a relative on board 'er."
"Well then, lead the way.", Celestriel considered it her right to issue commands to Thorn.
"Dont be so bossy, ye ungrateful wench!"
The dwarf and the Solarus both glared at each other.
"No fight, journey, Rage say so."
Mada exasperatedly said,"Quit your endless bickering, were at the docks and we need to make a good first impression. My contact leads me to believe the Triadic Union has recently had a mutiny."
Mada Uaenaj wandered off to do some shopping.

------------------

RedChaos

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2001 3:01 pm    Post subject: The Fallen One: Phantom Fortress Reply with quote Back to top

The smell of the sea was occluded by a much stronger stench. Goblins had a characteristic smell to them. The ancient bones of a dragon had been used in the construction of their ship and they creaked and shuddered with every wave. Krally of Swarms silently stood on the deck, watching over the activities of his crew. The Goblin Priests performed their dark rituals aboard smaller ships. An unholy mist shrouded the vast armada. When the minotaurs attacked Krally of Swarms crushed them. The remaining goblins travelled with the vile creature and did not question their orders. They had been out of contact with their king for a month now and had been branded traitors by their fellow goblins. There was no turning back now. The fleet slowly yet unstoppably sailed towards its destination.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> 1001 Ardanian Nights All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: