Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Cyberlore seeking producer/programmer... could this be...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alfryd

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If you could get together a 3d engine to host the content, I'd be more than happy to lend my models to the effort. At present, however, programming such a thing is beyond my rather limited expertise. I do have some work done on a 2d engine.
Quote:
That sort of game takes only time, effort, and good suggestions.

True, but such things are usually dispensed in exchange for money.
Also, there may be certain problems with an open-source project in MP. How do you prevent an unscrupulous player/programmer from tweaking the code to give himself an unfair advantage against other players? You could hash-value the code to check for tampering upon execution, but the process doing so would have to be orchestrated from a central server to ensure *that* isn't tampered, and on any half-way secure OS it'll need to be given explicit permission to run... anyway, so how does Wesnoth manage?
Quote:
...yeah it was very hard to read his sentence...

Okay, got the picture.
Quote:
...I own Majesty 2, and i don't mean only a copy...

I'm fairly sure Cyberlore owns the franchise via intellectual property-infringement laws, etc. Still, there's no such thing as bad publicity, right?

darkitay

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 3:10 pm    Post subject: we can fined a pobliser Reply with quote Back to top

way dont the fanes sand letters to game poblisrs .
we need to start moving a man have the powr to move only if he tray .
if we wish all day nathing will hapen so we need to sterrt sanding massges and making demnds .
power to majsty power to the fons.
jay doing a great wark but we the fans mast help .
so im starting by sanding latters to game poblisrs , game invsters, internt game news.
i will not see majasty lose it will be poblist and i shall not wiht 2 more years for a game i whnted a ear before .
the riblin start now .
if u whant to contect me
my e-mail : darkitay@gmil.com
my icq :320373045

Krypta

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think your letters will be very successfull if you use the same spelling and grammer as in your above post. Could you retype it please. Rolling Eyes
3-Command & Conquer: Generals

Alfryd

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
way dont the fanes sand letters to game poblisrs... ...
if u whant to contect me

First, I would need to translate you.

"Wait! Don't the fans send letters to game publishers?
We need to start moving. A man has the power if only he tries. If we wish all day nothing will happen, so we need to start sending messages and making demands. Power to majesty, power to the fans.
Jay's doing great work but we the fans must help. So, I'm starting by sending letters to game publishers, investors, IGN. I won't see Majesty lost, it will be published and I'll not wait two more years for a game I wanted last year."
Quote:
...the riblin start now .

Ok, that defeats me.
Em... no. All the demands in the world will not make this project profitable for Cyberlore. But, let's suppose that a few folks at Cyberlore started doing content and design for Maj2, in their spare time as it were. Might it be possible to put the game up for download directly using online payment? You could use some kind of online registration system to ensure only a paying customer can run the code (until it's cracked, of course.) I understand some recent games have been working on that model. You'd have to scrounge for advertising, but it could remove the need for distribution by publisher. Cut out the middleman, as it were.

darkitay

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i have same contecs Smile

wavefront

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Alfryd wrote:
Might it be possible to put the game up for download directly using online payment?

I don't have any concrete evidence, but I'm guessing that distribution method is not considered commercially feasible. You would have to have a huge fan base to pull that off.

darkitay

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

it we will be good to have a fun base but my courent efert is taking to my contect in investing campunes .
it realy cool did u know ther a campouny thet look for games to invest in Smile

gamepharaoh2

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yo darkitay can you type in another language besides English? Maybe we might understand you better if you speak in another language or improve your English.

Regarding the online distribution, instead of a fan base it can be advertised on Gamespy where alot of people go to play.

Alfryd

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
I don't have any concrete evidence, but I'm guessing that distribution method is not considered commercially feasible. You would have to have a huge fan base to pull that off.

Half-life 2... yeah, that checks out.
Quote:
Regarding the online distribution, instead of a fan base it can be advertised on Gamespy where alot of people go to play...

That'll cost something. And you'd need a functional demo of some kind to whet the consumer's appetite, which generally requires most of the game be done. Hmm.

Twylah Skye

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Side Note:

EVERYONE is welcome in these forums, regardless of their individual ability to communicate up to another person's standards. If you can't understand what Darkitay is saying, just say so in a polite way or don't say anything at all.

The snide and sarcastic comments about Darkitay's grammar and communication skills are totally unnecessary and they need to stop immediately. If you can't make newcomers welcome here and respect them, then please don't reply to their posts.

Thanks everyone,
Twylah

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
darkitay

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

it ok i have many wrighting mastikes in any langes even in my whan
it colld dislikesya .
but i can speak clerly and good i english and hebrow

darkitay

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

we can make a short movie tht will us the charcters in the game tesar i can crate a good trailr with my new computer Smile
and if more ppl contrebut imges of majesty charcters in 3d it will be even a better movie .
and i know i have no chance but it will be great if my efertes will help majesty 2 .
so im not to stop traing .(i have allot of spar time ).
and im happe about u all giving ides and realy lisining to what i say and giveing ur openin abuot it .
tnx .

Alfryd

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
EVERYONE is welcome in these forums, regardless of their individual ability to communicate up to another person's standards...

In all fairness, Twy, it's not that hard to access a basic english spell-checker these days if you can access a computer in the first place. If darkitay doesn't have English as a first language or suffers from some peculiar form of dyslexia, he could still resort to that. It is *extremely* difficult to make out what the hell he's saying. Besides, given that he's able to respond to other's posts, and his grammar, as far as I can tell, is actually pretty correct, what's his excuse?
Quote:
The snide and sarcastic comments about Darkitay's grammar and communication skills are totally unnecessary...

Criticism that happens to be fair and accurate does not fall within the bounds of either sarcasm or snideness, thank you.

Quote:
"It's ok. I have many writing mistakes in any language even in my own.
It's called dyslexia.
But I can speak clearly and I'm good at English and Hebrew."

Bingo and bingo.
You may find this useful: http://www.spellcheck.net/
Quote:
"We can make a short movie that will use the characters in the game. (A teaser.) I can create a good trailer with my new computer, and if more people contribute images of Majesty characters in 3d it will be an even better movie.
And I know I have no chance, but it will be great if my efforts will help majesty 2.
So, I'm not going to stop trying. (I have a lot of spare time.)
And I'm happy about your all giving ideas and really listening to what I say and giving your opinion about it. Thanks."

I believe I could supply a few such 3d models, and if you have some skill in animation your efforts would be valuable. What program are you using for modelling? 3DSMax would probably be most useful, but as I use Bryce myself I'm not fussy.

gamepharaoh2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is a good idea. We should show those publishers just what Majesty 2 is all about, show them that they will not be wasting time and money.

Twylah Skye

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Alfryd,

You said, "In all fairness, Twy, it's not that hard to access a basic english spell-checker these days if you can access a computer in the first place. If darkitay doesn't have English as a first language or suffers from some peculiar form of dyslexia, he could still resort to that. It is *extremely* difficult to make out what the hell he's saying. Besides, given that he's able to respond to other's posts, and his grammar, as far as I can tell, is actually pretty correct, what's his excuse?"

His "excuse" is none of our business. Plain and simple. None of us are in a position to judge a total stranger.

You said, "Criticism that happens to be fair and accurate does not fall within the bounds of either sarcasm or snideness, thank you."

My post was not directed solely at you, Alfryd. Other members responded to Darkitay in a rude manner.

This is the last I will say on the matter (and I'm also not going to get into an argument or further debate with anyone about this):

If I see any further unnecessarily negative or insulting posts about Darkitay's grammar or communication skills, the posts will be deleted with no prior notice. Follow the "Thumper Rule".... If you can't say something nice, don't say nothin' at all.

- Twylah

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty 2 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: