Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Cyberlore seeking producer/programmer... could this be...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Worthstream

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 12:06 pm    Post subject: Cyberlore seeking producer/programmer... could this be... Reply with quote Back to top

As you can see here:

http://www.cyberlore.com/news.php?id_news=57&offset=&listoffset=

Cyberlore seeks a producer, and a

http://www.cyberlore.com/news.php?id_news=59

Programmer!

This is usually a sign of a new project starting...
Am i being too optimistic here to think that it *could* be our beloved majesty2 ?

Ven Fairweather

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Probably, yes. Sad
"One by one the penquins are stealing my sanity..."

gamepharaoh2

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think you are getting ahead of yourself. To be honest, I lost all hope for Majesty 2. All the good games released sequels a year after the first game so ppl would want to play the game, but everyone forgot about Majesty. Cyberlore will probably only focus on Playboy, and Jay is probably one of the few who is oushing for Majesty. Am I the only one who thinks this way...

gamepharaoh2

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think you are getting ahead of yourself. To be honest, I lost all hope for Majesty 2. All the good games released sequels a year after the first game so ppl would want to play the game, but everyone forgot about Majesty. Cyberlore will probably only focus on Playboy, and Jay is probably one of the few who is oushing for Majesty. Am I the only one who thinks this way...

Alfryd

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

From what I gather, the Cyberlore crew are quite enthusiastic about developing Maj2, but they simply can't risk investing in a project of that size until they secure a publisher or have a lot of loose change.
I hope Playboy delivers, but I'm not holding my breath.

gamepharaoh2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

well i hope you are right...

Will the Spellcaster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Me too. I've been wondering what Maj2 will be like since those "teasers" came out, I actually would consider them to be "tourterers" for putting those out and then waiting so long, but oh well.

gamepharaoh2

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

lol i agree Twisted Evil tortures!

Jay Adan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Let me just say that when the teasers were released we were actively engaged in working on the prototype for Majesty 2. We were hoping that since we had secured the Playboy deal that we'd be able to use some of the people not working on the Playboy project to work on the prototype while we tried to secure a publisher. We tried (and tried, and tried) to find a publisher but while we had a lot of initial interest in the project nobody was willing to step up to the plate and sign the project. We've even spent some time trying to obtain funding to "go it alone" but this hasn't really worked out either (this rarely does).

So, we still have some folks who are interested in talking about the possibility of Majesty 2, I'm not getting MY hopes up about it at the moment - and just assume that I'll be pleasantly surprised when that one publisher who decides that they want to see the project happen as much as we do signs us up to do it. It can still happen.

Will the Spellcaster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, we can all hope, and if necessary, pray. But we'll see in the end.

roguelangton

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ahh disapointing news , wow i dont understand why no one will fund this game i mean theirs been alot of games out their that suck and have sequels and others who do horible in the market, i mean majesty was an alright popular game , and we'd have twice as many fans for a sequel, wowy ya know if i had some serious money id give a million dollars to help fund the game i really would , not to mention id give money to get mummy 3 in production, that steven summers he gets a hit movie and a sequel and he stops their, what he should be doin is keep making sequels , get that money flowing, and make a name for himself, well back to majesty, i just want to say thanks jay and the rest of the gang for not giving up and if their were something i could do to help get this game a goin i would, well bless you all , theirs still hope out their and by goly im not losing faith, well i must be goin i got a stupid pep rally to go to , gotta hate em, well cheers

Lurn

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I mostly agree, Roguelangton . . . but did you ever find out about periods? They are those little dot things that are put at the end of sentences. Wink

gamepharaoh2

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yeah it was very hard to read his sentences Confused

Worthstream

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe you meant "his sentence" not "sentenceS" ;)

Anyway... as for the idea of giving money from the community to the developers
Shocked
... We're talking waaay too much money!
It could be done by a community just bigger than a couple of hundreds members...

Of course it would be cool to get together, raise some serious cash and finance "our own" game.
Just imagine yourself saying "i own Majesty 2, and i don't mean only *a copy*" Wink

Lurn

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You can make a game without money. You could always make an unnoficial, open source Majesty game. That sort of game takes only time, effort, and good suggestions.

Currently, I don't know enough about any particular programming language to work on such a project myself; but it would be possible. Maybe it would even inspire Cyberlore, and get a higher interest in the game publicly.

Unfortunately, Alfryd is one of the very few programmers I'm aware of on this board, and he's already engaged in a Majesty Warcraft mod. So, I'd be very surprised if this happened in the near future.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty 2 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: