Joined: 22 Dec 1999
Location: Northampton, MA USA
| Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:11 pm Post subject: Cyberlore Seeking Tools Programmer
|Cyberlore Studios is looking for a woman or man to code tools for console, video and “serious” sim games. Game tools programmers need to think fast on their feet, ask probing questions to get to the bottom of their users real needs and genuinely care about how easy and useful their end products are to the people they are serving.
The ideal candidate will enjoy working with Artists and Designers as well as their colleagues in the programming group. She or he will need to work within our existing methodologies, but work smartly to strengthen and shape them to work better. For us technical experience is the basis of a good programmer, but ability to communicate, creatively problem solve, manage schedules and enhance a team is the hallmark of a great one. And at Cyberlore, we expect only the best.
Our titles, including “Playboy: The Mansion”, “Majesty: The Fantasy Kingdom Simulation”, and “MechWarrior 4: Mercenaries” and a project within the Serious Games genre. Cyberlore is an employee-friendly company with excellent benefits, a focus on work-life balance and a great office atmosphere. Check us out at http://www.cyberlore.com. For more information about Northampton, MA and the surrounding area, see http://www.noho.com/.
If you would like to join our team, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
• Coding in C++ using MS-DevStudio and Codewarrior.
• Maintain code base using MS-Visual Source Safe and Perforce.
• Knowledge of major scripting languages.
Training and Experience:
• Minimum of 3 years of professional PC application/tools programming experience.
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
• Works with Game Project team members and the Director of Technology to specify, design, code, and document tools used for game production and/or MIS.
• Trains end users in use of tools.
• Supports rolled-out tools with regular bug fix releases.
• May be called on to supervise non-tool programmers working on tool production
• As a full Programming Team Member works to improve overall departmental coding standards and procedures.
• Work with our Task Tracking System.
- Jay Adan
- Cyberlore Studios