Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Heroes not buying items?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty Technical Assistance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Booyah9

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 5:19 am    Post subject: Heroes not buying items? Reply with quote Back to top

I looked for the same problem elsewhere but didnt find it.

Basically I can't see anything that Heroes are buying in their inventories, such as healing potions etc. As far as I know only weapons/armor/spells have registered, nothing else.

I am currently using MajX from the Maj Gold CD, and never used to have this problem when I played Majesty on the Mac a while ago. If anyone has heard of this or knows whats happening please tell me. Thanks.

edit: I am also running Windows XP SP 2, and my processor uses Hyperthreading (I mention HT because it's caused problems with other old games)

wavefront

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So are the heroes not buying the items at the market or can't you see them once they have bought them? If the heroes are going to the market (the building list of heroes will indicate who is inside a building) I can't think of anything that would stop them from getting the items. You did research the items first, right?

Booyah9

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not sure if they are not buying the items or if I just can't see them. And yes I do research the items.

Edit: That was a bad example, but I still rarely see any items in the heroes inventory, such as rings of protection or teleportation.

I'll continue to test, maybe reinstall. Are there no patches for Majesty Gold?

Alfryd

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's generally recommended you purchase NE seperately, for the sake of better patch support and quest downloads.

wavefront

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Booyah9 wrote:
That was a bad example, but I still rarely see any items in the heroes inventory, such as rings of protection or teleportation.

I'll continue to test, maybe reinstall. Are there no patches for Majesty Gold?

A few things...

Depending on the types of heroes you tend to recruit, Rings of Protection and Amulets of Teleportation are usually not purchased as often as Healing potions. In addition the former two items are fairly expensive, so most heroes will buy cheaper "upgrades" first.

While it's true that you can't install the two "bonus" quests from the Majesty website, Majesty Gold has all patches preinstalled. If you try to "patch" the Gold Edition you will ruin it.

Alfryd

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I stand corrected.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty Technical Assistance All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: