Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

GameRanger Lives... Mac MP players?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Multiplayer Majesty
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alfryd

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:51 pm    Post subject: GameRanger Lives... Mac MP players? Reply with quote Back to top

Insofar as it is now, once again, a free service. Which means that Online Majesty play is once again possible on the Mac. If you have any interest in online Mac Majesty play with a decidedly rusty old-timer, do post and leave preferred playing time(s) (GMT, preferably.) Yours,
Alfryd

Alfryd

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Aha! They DO exist! Just played a nice, longish game where I leveraged slow-build economic supremacy to trump the solarus/rogue/ranger rush tactic used by my opponent. *sniff* It's been so long.

LorraineP

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have Majesty for Mac, but I got so tired of games not being ported to Mac that I got myself a PC laptop mostly for gaming.

Alfryd

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I intend to get OS X.4 in the next few months, then I'm running Darwine. If you have X.3 or later, you might want to try that for your not-quite-emulation needs:
http://darwine.opendarwin.org

LorraineP

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've downloaded Darwine, but I still use OS 9 because I do pre-press for a living. I have to have control of my fonts. I have VirtualPC but I never tried to run Majesty in it. Hmmm...

Alfryd

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

...sigh. The things that need fixing in pre-expansion Majesty MP.
* Krypta/Fervus hero classes that don't work apart from Priestesses.
* Resident monster forces that appear right in the middle of your settlement from day one.
* Did I mention everyone goes with Elves/Dauros? After a standard attempt at the Solarus rush, of course.
* Priestesses behaving like idiots.
* Wizards behaving like idiots.
* Healers behaving like angry idiots.
* No-one plays with less than 30,000 gold. Where is the *craft*?

M

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Alfryd wrote:
* Did I mention everyone goes with Elves/Dauros? After a standard attempt at the Solarus rush, of course.

I like using weird strategies, like getting a load of Warriors, Rangers, and Rogues and not wasting Money upgrading the Palace; and like getting an insane aMount of Marketplaces and Inns, and setting up a Dwarvish stronghold; and Agrela rushing.

just kidding on the last one.

Alfryd wrote:
* Priestesses behaving like idiots.
* Wizards behaving like idiots.
* Healers behaving like angry idiots.

No, that's part of Majesty's charm. Very Happy

LorraineP

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I just did a game of only gnome heroes. I built all of the rest of the guilds to have the magic spells, but let the gnomes do all the work. They got pretty strong after a while. I also just did a kingdom of only one of each hero.

M

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 9:25 am    Post subject: Re: GameRanger Lives... Mac MP players? Reply with quote Back to top

Alfryd wrote:
do post and leave preferred playing time(s) (GMT, preferably.) Yours,
Alfryd

7:30 to 11 PM, GMT, is when I would usually want to be playing, although I don't really know how long an average gaMe of Majesty takes, and 11 PM is the liMit on ending a gaMe, rather than starting it.

On weekends, I'd have lots More tiMe than that, froM about 11 AM to 11 PM GMT.

M

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Alfryd wrote:
...sigh. The things that need fixing in pre-expansion Majesty MP.

You seeM to have left out the one I consider Most iMportant: The Monsters on the Map tend to Mostly attack one player. By My experience, at least... it tends to Make theM win, with More experience, though with powerful Monsters, they soMetiMes die.

Alfryd

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Alas, M, I hope that at least one of the four confirmed Majesty players I've discovered will be able to arrange a game with you at some undetermined future point.
(He capitalises M's even during chat. The guy is scary.)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Multiplayer Majesty All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: