Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

need to know

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> 1001 Ardanian Nights
View previous topic :: View next topic  
silly toy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2001 4:10 am    Post subject: need to know Reply with quote Back to top

i will propaley tick some people off with this but what is withe all the fockas on presteses and cutists? yes i know thay are cool but there is a thing called overkill. all i am asking is that there be more storys about other faths and if i sound harsh thn i apolagise

silly toy

------------------
I follow you, i lead you about a round,
through bog, through bush through brake, through brier:
Sometimes a horse I'll be , some times a hound,
A hog a headless bear, sometimes a fire;
And neigh, and bark, and grunt, and roar, and burn
Like horse, hound, hog, bear, fire, at every turn

The Archmage

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2001 6:36 am    Post subject: need to know Reply with quote Back to top

I've only written one of my own stories here, and that story includes Priestess for just about one reason. I've found that because Priestesses are "death-lovers", that I've made them naturally evil. Cultists represent Chaos so I would count them close to the evil catagory.

However, I've only written one story myself, but I have specifically tried (in other add-on stories) not to have Priestess being the antagonist.

However, I think that every person has the right to chose who/what they want to the be the antagonist, whether it's Priestesses or Cultists or Elves or whatever. So what if they have Priestesses or Cultists? As long as the storyline is good and the characters are creative, I could care less if a Healer was raising the dead!! (Ok, maybe not to that extreme but you get my point.)

Bottom line: The writer is the "god." He (or she) is supreme over the storyline and the characters. If the writer wants a Priestess or Cultist in his/her story/ies then I'm not going to say anything. If it were my story, I might change, but since it's not, then I'm going to shut up, sit back, and enjoy the story.

Silly toy, this isn't really a "slam" against you or your question at all (even though it may seem that way). I'm merely expressing my views on the answer to your question. Please don't take it personally.

-The Archmage

Falotar

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2001 9:19 am    Post subject: need to know Reply with quote Back to top

Read the Quest for the Blade of Ataros. It does not include Priestesses. Or Cultists, as yet.

------------------
Praise Dauros!

TaleSpinner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2001 11:40 pm    Post subject: need to know Reply with quote Back to top

I guess priestesses and cultists are such unique and intriguing characters that most people are easily inspired by them.

However, you've made me think about the other unique characters which Majesty has to offer. Like the Adepts and the Solarii. What kind of history lies behind them? How do they get their powers and what must they do to sustain it? What kind of culture do they have?

Interesting. I think my next story should be about one of them.

Anyways, I'm just glad that people are writing in this place - regardless on whether its about priestesses or cultists or whatever

silly toy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2001 1:27 am    Post subject: need to know Reply with quote Back to top

Archmage that wasn't a slam and i agre that a writer is god to the story. i just whant to say to also think about your readers and what thay may think about the story. i have nothing bad to say about them becose i think that the one i chuse to read are good it is that i wode like to see some more origanality thats all
silly toy

------------------
I follow you, i lead you about a round,
through bog, through bush through brake, through brier:
Sometimes a horse I'll be , some times a hound,
A hog a headless bear, sometimes a fire;
And neigh, and bark, and grunt, and roar, and burn
Like horse, hound, hog, bear, fire, at every turn

The Archmage

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2001 7:08 am    Post subject: need to know Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds like a challenge for all of us!!

------------------
"Now where did I put my spellbook?..."

Arkhain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2001 9:11 pm    Post subject: need to know Reply with quote Back to top

Not to disagree with anyone or anything, but I think another reason why some topics are popular is because they're easier to write about. Warriors etc. are boring, but cultists and priestesses are full of possibilities.

Falotar

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2002 1:36 am    Post subject: need to know Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Arkhain:
Not to disagree with anyone or anything, but I think another reason why some topics are popular is because they're easier to write about. Warriors etc. are boring, but cultists and priestesses are full of possibilities.

Hey, I take issue with that. Most of my protgonists are Warriors.
(Umm, why am I even posting this? Maybe it's because I think that other heroes are just as good as Priestesses/Cultists.)

Raistlin, Archmagus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2002 9:01 pm    Post subject: need to know Reply with quote Back to top

I like warriors as well. They're one of my favorite heroes. I find Priestesses very interesting. I don't normally use cultists because I'm not so great at righting their craziness, but I like them anyway.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Rogue Knight

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2002 3:23 am    Post subject: need to know Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Arkhain:
Warriors etc. are boring, but cultists and priestesses are full of possibilities.

Dear me... Does that mean that the stories that I am working on will be boring, because they feature Warriors??? Dammit!

Oh well, I'll just discard them then... Sniffle... Woe is me...

Seriously though, I have two things to say in this matter:

A): People should write what they feel like. I've been a writer-in-the-making for many years now, and I know well that you should write about what that inspires you. I mean, if Cultists and Priestesses inspire you, then write about them! The story will certainly be better than if you forced yourself to write about a Warrior instead, even though you had no ideas for that character.

B): And this is an inmportant one, in my opinion... Warriors are not boring! Rather the author fails to make them interesting! It is the task of any writer to make her characters fascinating in some way, otherwise the reader will feel little for them.
I believe that the reason Priestesses and Cultists are often seen as more interesting than a Warrior is the fact that they are extremes, and thus easier to work than a common Warrior. Therefore it is harder work for an author to make a Warrior as fascinating as a Cultist, because she has less to work.

Well, that concludes my rant of the day. Hope that it was useful in some way, and not just wasted server-space...

Starsinmyeyes

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2002 10:16 pm    Post subject: need to know Reply with quote Back to top

I may not post stories here, but I have a few swimming around in my mind. The two major ones don't feature Priestesses or Cultists as I find them hard to make my central topic since I don't use them too often. One of my stories is centered around a Paladin/Elf (read SotDK's "Everybody!" post" and the other is about a trio made up of a Paladin, Ranger, and Solaus. I haven't read any stories here about warriors so I guess I don't really have much to offer here. In the GAME, I do find the warriors boring.
1. No Magic
2. All talk and no action (on lower levels)
So I choose not to write about them.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> 1001 Ardanian Nights All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: