Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Hero Walking Speeds?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
glymfeather

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:25 pm    Post subject: Hero Walking Speeds? Reply with quote Back to top

[If you just want to get to the post, skip first paragraph. Laughing Thanks!]

I've been reading over old posts, and it seems that almost everyone agrees that the fastest heros generally get the most experience. I would like to play a freestyle game with the slowest heros given a "head start"; that is, recruit heros slowest first, fastest last so that they have a slightly more even chance. (I know, the Winged Feet spell solves all that, but I'm tired of casting it constantly.)

Does anyone know the walking speeds of the heroes? I think the slowest are things like dwarves and monks, with the fastest being things like adepts and paladins. I'm going to go try to do some research into this, but, y'know... if someone else already did all the hard stuff, and figured it all out...? Razz

So, anyway, if you know, can you please tell me which heroes are fastest/slowest in your opinion or experience?

Twylah Skye

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Monks, Wizards and Dwarves are slow, and Priestesses can be pretty slow. I'm pretty sure Monks are the slowest, though. I can take them *forever* to get someplace.

No one, unfortunately, is as slow as the stupid peasants. Bah.

- Twylah

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Alfryd

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Priestesses are average, but skeletons are slow enough. So, as Twy has pointed out in prior threads, that leaves the priestess exposed. Stupid skeletons. A priestess should wait up if at least one of her skeletons isn't marching in front of her.
I wouldn't mind peasants being slow if they were more intelligent about build order (dwarves even more so.) They have this crazy tendency to go construct buildings on the opposite side of the map when my marketplace is being demolished nextdoor.
Some of the slower hero classes (WoDs, monks, barbarians,) compensate by being much more powerful (relative to pricing) at higher levels than faster levelling classes (rogues, rangers, etc.) but this is not a hard and fast rule. There *are* distinct pricing and levelling imbalances within the game, but some of these can be traced to attempts at balancing religious/racial factions and their sovereign spells/game effects. Priestesses have to compensate for the feebleness of cultists, though the WoD in NE trumps both, plus they get Wither. etc.
Real slow: Dwarves, monks, wizards
Pretty slow: Warriors, WoDs, barbarians,
Average: Priestesses, solarii, healers,
Pretty fast: Paladins, elves, rangers, rogues, gnomes, cultists
Real fast: Adepts.
I think. MrFixit.com had some info on the exact speeds, but good luck finding the data now.

Lurn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think peasants build things in the order you place them. Not sure about repair routes, though.

Alfryd

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, but I'd like them to use a formula like... oh... relative building hit point deficit over current repair rate, minus distance factor, to decide on repair priority. Either that, or let me give them a direct order or two.

Spiderman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Direct order?!?! But that would mean the end of Majesty! Wink

Alfryd wrote:
Priestesses are average, but skeletons are slow enough. So, as Twy has pointed out in prior threads, that leaves the priestess exposed. Stupid skeletons. A priestess should wait up if at least one of her skeletons isn't marching in front of her.

It's even worse when the Skeletons or Priestess decide to go off exploring different areas separately. I mean, skeletons are mindless, but you'd think the game would have put them in a formation around the Priestess since that was pretty much the whole purpose of raising them instead of letting them roam free and wild Smile

Alfryd

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Spiderman wrote:
Direct order?!?! But that would mean the end of Majesty! Wink

Only if they obeyed.
"No, no, the ballista tower! Repair the ballista tower!"
"He wants us to plaster a towel."
"That's great, but whaddya know- lunchtime!"

Lurn

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That would be pretty hilarious, indeed. Very Happy :D

Actually, you could implement something like that. You click on a peasant, and then a building, and the peasant just stops and looks 'up' for a few seconds, and large question mark bubble would appear over it's head.

Will the Spellcaster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Funney, isn't that what happens in a ToF when Jay tells Talespinner to do something?

XxaxX

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I know the exact speeds of all the heroes so that this debate can enter a new arena (5 being the fastest, 1 the slowest)
Adept: 5
Barbarian: 1
Cultist: 3
Dwarves: 1
Elf: 3
Gnome: 2
Healer: 2
Monk: 1
Paladin: 2
Priestess: 1
Ranger: 3
Rogue: 2
Solarii: 2
Warrior 1
WoD: 1
Wizard: 1
and just for the record skeletons have a speed of 1 as well

now that this is clear, you can figure out if the fastest heroes actually DO gain experience more quickly.
I am XxaxX! (by the way that's spelled CAPITAL 'X' at the end AND front, and it's pronounced Zax, it is supposed to make you tremble, but seeing as my avatar is that of an un-named ranger, i think were past that point) P.S. enjoy the the free rok's.

Alfryd

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Looks like I was wrong about the priestess. Curious that no-one fits into the 4 speed category.

Gaspod

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tax Collectors must be at 0 then.

gamepharaoh2

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think in Majesty hero speed only applies to the more newbie players. Experienced players can get around that by using things like Rage of Krolm, Winged Feet, Vigilance and heroes can use teleport from the amulets and when you consider the fact that wizards can use teleport they really aren't *as slow* anymore. My favorite is RoK... yeeargh!!!! Very Happy

XxaxX

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Alfryd wrote:
Curious that no-one fits into the 4 speed category.

Yeah i noticed that too.
I am XxaxX! (by the way that's spelled CAPITAL 'X' at the end AND front, and it's pronounced Zax, it is supposed to make you tremble, but seeing as my avatar is that of an un-named ranger, i think were past that point) P.S. enjoy the the free rok's.

XxaxX

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just to go way off topic
gamepharaoh2 wrote:
I think in Majesty hero speed only applies to the more newbie players

Is 'more newbie' a proper way of saying it, maybe there is something like newbier

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: