Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Praise for the ToF Series!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> 1001 Ardanian Nights
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Will the Spellcaster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 7:23 pm    Post subject: Praise for the ToF Series! Reply with quote Back to top

I think some of us might have been taking the ToF stories for granted lately, so here's a topic praising these epic tales! Here's to Shifty, Faltor, Venstar, Cooker, Raist (when she was around), Lurn (a new addition), Dragon Wizard, the Archmage (another oldtimer), and, of corse, the creator of the series (in my mind at least), TaleSpinner! If anyone's been left out, sorry, this is for you too!

Venstar Trailblazer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you Very Happy
This means a lot to me and I haven't been in it for to long. But for those of you who have, you deserve a virtual pat on the back... sadly, I can't give one.

Gandalf:Here at last, on the shores of the sea comes the end of our Fellowship.

Will the Spellcaster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think you've been in it long enough to be considered a regular, Raist and the Archmage are retiree's or oldtimers, they haven't done anything in a while, while people like Lurn are new, they've been a major part in 1-2 ToF's. Faltor, Talespinner, and Shifty are all reg's.

Falotar

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Actually, the original posters were, I believe, TaleSpinner, Cooker, housefish, Greatest of Discord, Jack deVair, and Archmage. At least, toose are the principal characters I remember ... there were other cameo appearances as well. Alas, most of these have moved on to other things. Some other authors who have dropped away from ToF (and the Forums in general) are Xetu the Strong and Timidor. It's extremely sad, when you think about it.
On the other hand ... I have to thank you. I can hardly praise ToF myself without self-flattery, but I can say that this place owes a lot to TaleSpinner. A toast to the Mildly Insane! *lifts glass*

TaleSpinner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, well, who would have thunk it? Wink

Other original posters were Animedragon and Chris. You can actually take a look at the Cast List for Night of the Living Dead Horses (NotLDH) in the About topic.

Here's a little-known ToF fact:

<ToFfact>ToF evolved from an idea to involve forum members as heroes in a realm ruled by the Sovereign Jay. The first ToF (NotLDH) added to the original idea by placing the whole scene in the actual computer game itself. And the person who first came up with the original idea was no other than... (da da dum!) Cooker Shocked Take a look for yourself at this post.

As for me, the whole thing started when I was waiting for my wife who was working late in her office. Getting extremely bored, I got onto the forums using her collegue's computer and started surfing around. During then, the hottest topic was about members complaining about newbies posting the same old ideas over and over again (i.e. Dead Horses). So I decided to make fun of the whole thing by starting NotLDH, a fun story where everyone can vent their frustrations by beating up dead horses. The idea of making it in a computer-game environment sort of came up as a last minute inspiration. I only wrote less than ten lines to start with because my wife finally finished her work and we could go home.</ToFfact>

I can safely say that I had absolutely no idea how far ToF would go - but one thing's for sure - there is absolutely no way the series could have survived without the incredible input from a lot of forum members, particularly Falotar, Shifty and, well, yeah, Cooker. There was a time we were actually considering banning Cooker from ToFs because he kept blowing stuff up and messing everybody's story lines, but I suppose this goes to show that even in forum stories, everything tends to work out in the end Wink

Lurn

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the compliment, though I hardly deserve it (I haven't been a very large part of ToF, and the parts I have done, in my opinion, are not all that well done). Of course, TaleSpinner, Falotar, Cooker, Shifty and the rest most certainly do.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> 1001 Ardanian Nights All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: