Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

About "The Thallisian Games"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> 1001 Ardanian Nights
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hound

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey there. I just wanted to see if my creative mind could last amongst these most distinguished of writers. So, here's my character offering. Hopefully some might recognise him.

Logan Grim: Warlord Demon of Krypta. He has the mastery of lightning magic at his fingertips and the ability to raise the dead. His skills with the spear and sword are beyond those of any master and his reflexes are superhuman. Logan enjoys nothing more then to see something suffer before he kills it, and these games means he can fight the strongest warriors in the land. His lust for death is matched only by his lust for an equal opponent.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Falotar

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

To Hound: I think I recognize him, but I am not sure. His description sounds familiar, though ...

Anyway, I apologize for not posting when I said I would. Due to a concatenation of unfortunate circumstances, I was completely unable to post. The weekend was horribly busy, and since then the Forum web-site has seen fit to forget my password. Needless to say, I have also forgotten my password. Unwilling to try logging in with a different account, I opted to wait and see whether the Forum would "remember" my pass-word ... which it did. So, here I am, and hopefully I can remain in the Forum's favour long enough to get the Games rolling.

Falotar

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Now, all we need is Galen.

Will the Spellcaster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, everyone, I hope you haven't started without me, my internet got messed up, and I haven't been able to get on for a while. It should be fixed within a week, though, so if you could wait until then I'd really appriciate it. I still need to make some ajustments to my team, and will be doing some editing. I'll say when I've done it though, and that way it's all in one place. I'm doing this from another computer, and hopefully will be able to get on it while mine's down. If you're interested, you might check out my thesis on the term "Godspeed", which I've posted in here. Please, comment on it all you like. [/url]

Will the Spellcaster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Edited my Characters again, now to edit my intro to include them. Hope you like the Vargs and their master, Raist. Very Happy

Venstar Trailblazer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, sorry about not posting, I'll get right on it. Just let me catch up and I'll be ready to roll.

Gandalf:Here at last, on the shores of the sea comes the end of our Fellowship.

Lurn

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, seeing as the Flame Wars is dying, I think I'll join this roleplay. Don't worry, I realize this is a more 'serious' Ardania. I'm actually more used to serious roleplays, on other forums, so I don't think I'll have any trouble with this.

Assuming it's not to late, of course.

Firethrower Team:
Lordon Bloodsteel is a 'technologist' dwarf. He carries gadgets and tools at his belt at all times, but only occaisonally brings out his hammer (and when he does, it's most often because he needs to forge a bit of metal for one of his traps or other gadgets).

At first, he was like any other dwarf, though he did seem to be a little more obssessed with mechanical works than most.

He worked as an smith in Shovrah Dan, until a gnome walked into his smithy one day. Ordinarily, he would kick the dirty thing out of his house in an instant. But it was a strange gnome. For one thing, he held a very interesting spring trap, that was extremely cleverly designed. Some dwarf must have been robbed byhat filthy thing, thought Lordon. That was, until the gnome started spouting mathematical equations for calculating the necessary angle for the position of the spring number one to create maximum velocity for the left spike, towards the target. Almost without thinking, he started replying to the gnome, saying that he had the angle wrong, and that to properly align the spike, spring number one had to be at a ninety degree angle to the right spike, so that spring number two sprung correctly.

The dwarf and gnome continued to argue about the details, until it was perfected. The dwarf then brought out his alchemical explosive recipes, and the gnome and dwarf argued on and on about that.

After the other dwarves began to notice him talking to a gnome, they exiled him. Any dwarf who liked a gnome might as well be a gnome.

Lordon wasn't that disappointed, except for the lack of the mechanical supply room in the warven settlement. The gnome, Lurk Grub, and the dwarf became close friends, and worked as engineers for the Sovereign for many years. They became quite wealthy.

Unfortunately, a rogue robbed them. They wouldn't have minded that so much, except he ripped up and ruined all their schematics while he was there. They had to start over from scratch on the most recent job the Sovereign had given them.

The didn't finish in his deadline, and their contract was broken. Then they heard of the Thallisian games, in a tavern.

"Wish? We could get schematics back, Lordon," said Lurk Grub.

"You're right, Lurk. Hmm, I actually remember our Chemical Explosive Number Three pretty well, which lit with a match would make a pretty large explosion," replied Lordon. "Think that would work instead of fighting, Grub? My hammer's a little rusty, but Chemical Solution Number Thirty-Six would fix that. With you throwing those explosives and me using a hammer, we'd make a good team, eh?"

They argued over the best chemical recipe to use for the explosives for a while, and then set off to Thallis, after making a sackful of chemical explosives and repairing Lordon's hammer.

Will the Spellcaster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Been reading Dragonlance lately? Or was the whole gnome thing out of nowhere?

Falotar

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Y'know, Lurn, you could transfer most of that into the story proper as your team's intro. Anyway, welcome to you and to Venstar, who finally got around to posting.

Lurn

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Actaully, it was inspired mostly from the computer game Arcanum, Margaret Weis' Death Gate novels, and a touch of Majesty gnome.

I posted in the in-character thread, introducing my characters to the Games.

Will the Spellcaster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Alright, my internet's fixed, so go on whenever you want to.

Raistlin Archmagus

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So, I'm assuming that Team Iljar is another NPC team? ^_~ Oooh, this'll be fun. Very Happy Am I to do the fight, or what? Not sure how you've intended this.

(By the way, loved the post with the barons and lords...Oh, it's been to long since I've watched Yuyu Hakusho. ^_^)

I will do this. Nothing in my life matters except this. No moment in my life exists except this moment. I am born in this moment, and if I fail, I will die in this moment. - Raistlin Majere

Falotar

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Right. Iljar is the wannabe teratogenitor with the two Evil Oculi. Go ahead and write it out, once I've PMed you the special abilities of the team.
(I really need to update the Leaderboard ... )

Will the Spellcaster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Now this will be interesting...
2 evil Octali? How crude to only have that, they should've had at least a rock golem or a dragon, or maybe a vampire. Oh well, we'll see the slaughter begin shortly, I suspect.

Falotar

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Evil Oculi should not be underestimated. I'd much rather face a Vampire than an Oculus; and probably one Dragon rather than two E. Oculi. Unless I were a Priestess. Besides, Oculi are the perfect monster companions for a Wizard claiming to be Pyrog's heir.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> 1001 Ardanian Nights All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 3 of 11

Jump to: