Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

The Sovereign
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> 1001 Ardanian Nights
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raistlin, Archmagus

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2001 11:31 pm    Post subject: The Sovereign Reply with quote Back to top

Carmen was hardly able to stop herself from leaping out of the carrige and running towrd the Kryptonian temple. She kept looking eagerly out of the carrige to see if the temple came into view. Eventually, she stopped when her sister finally got fed up with all the twisting and turning. She looked behind her and saw all the temple leaders, three of which looked rather unhappy. Mother Fateseal, though, looked quite pleased. Many had known that Carmen would choose Krypta, though the monks and healers denied it. Carmen already knew the monks fighting skills, could weild her own blade, and she even knew some herblore by now; all the temples had allowed her in as a child, all except the Kryptonian temple. That was how she knew many things of many religons. The Kryptonian temple would be a chalenge, and she was all for challenges.
She had been so busy thinking, that Adelaide, had to nudge her to bring her back to reality. They were nearing the temple, and Carmen got exited again.
As she stepped out of the carige, the crowd errupted in applause, the loudest being all of the preistesses. Carmen flushed in pleasure, then felt a little guilty as she looked at the healers depressed faces. She had kind of led them on;after all, she had been there long hours learning herblore. But all guilt disapered whenshe saw the temple. Her father had built the temple to it's highest level, and it was beutifull;in a deathly sort of way.
As she stepped into the temple, it was as if all light was closed off. She looked around eagerly. her father led her to the side as Mother Fateseal strode in behind them. She bowed low to the royal famly, then turned to Carmen.
"Princess, I will need to speak to you in private for the ritual of entry."
Carmen nodded eagerly, and walked right behind the priestess into an antechamber to the side of the hall.

In the antechamber, Mother Fateseal turned to speak to the princess.
"Princess, you will be treated like any other preistess in traing, unlike your sister and brother. You do something wrong, you will be punished in the same way as the others. Do you understand?" she asked.
Carmen, subdued by this powerful figure, nodded strongly.
"Hold out your hand trainee." said Fateseal.
Carmen held out her right hand, her power hand, as it was refered to. Mother Fateseal held a small dagger in her hand. The steel bit into Carmen's flesh, carving the Kryptian symbol in her hand.
Carmen never uttered a word;the knife barely hurt. I guess that learning the monks moves payed off. she thought.
When she was done, Fateseal bound Carmen's hand, and looked up at the girls face. Carmen was smiling;Fateseal was startled;this was the first test of trainees;if they screamed in pain, they were not fit to become a priestess. The best preistesses always mumbled, or bit their lip to keep hidden their pain; Carmen did neither. She smiled, not in pain, but happy to be accepted as a trainee. A great priestess she thought. this girl will be quite powerfull MOther Fateseal studied the trainee's face, trying to detect any trace of pain. There was none. Fateseal smiled, a haunting smile. Normally, if there was a person who experienced little pain, her smile unnerved them;not even this bothered Carmen;she seemed to have expected this. She still smiled in anticipation of the days to come. Fateseal still smiled, and sayed, "Come Trainee, you have been accepted. I will show you to the training rooms."

------------------
Raistlin, Archmagus of the hour glass eyes

I will do this. Nothing in my life matters except this. No moment in my life exists except this moment. I am born in this moment, and if I fail, I will die in this moment.- Raistlin Majere

[This message has been edited by Raistlin, Archmagus (edited 24 August 2001).]

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
The Archmage

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2001 6:05 am    Post subject: The Sovereign Reply with quote Back to top

Warder was, in reality, walking to his home, called the Tower. All Rekc'Art just refered to it as the Tower. The Tower itself was so carefully hidden that only a Rekc'Art knew where to look-and how to open it.
Warder arrived a large, tree. The tree was fairly large, but it had an engraved circle on it, so faint that only someone who knew what they were looking for could see it.
Warder reached under his robe and pulled out a necklace with a large medallion on it. He placed the medallion in the circle and then put the medallion back. At first nothing happened. The a side of the tree disappeared. Warder walked through the opening...
He walked into a large room...underground. The tree itself was nothing more than a place to plant a teleportation spell. When the Rekc'Art walked through the tree, they were quickly teleported to a hidden building, deep underground.
Warder walked through the large hallway. Empty. The Tower wasn't normally this empty. Warder walked to the room of the Rekc'Dar, leader of the Rekc'Art. The Rekc'Dar held the Staff, a powerful magic weopon that made the Rekc'Dar the most powerful in all the land. The Rekc'Dar here was Illias, Warder's old mentor and friend. Warder opened the door to the Rekc'Dar workroom. There in a large seat sat...
"Draskar!" hissed Warder. "What are you doing sitting in Illias' seat?!"
Draskar looked like Warder, only he had a smaller, sharper face, and thin-looking eyes. He was wearing the robe of a Rekc'Dar. Draskar and Warder had never been friends. In fact, you could almost call them enemies. Draskar, it seemed to Warder, never seemed to like to save people from magic beasts...he'd rather use that magic for himself.
Draskar looked up and smiled at Warder, "So glad of you to join me, old friend. I'm so glad you made it."
Warder growled dangerously, "Where Illias? Where's the Rekc'Dar?!"
"Former Rekc'Dar, my friend. Illias-how should I say this?-is no longer available."
"You killed him," said Warder, with a narrow look in his eyes.
Draskar stood up and pointed a finger at Warder, "Now, that is just like you! Always accusing me of things like that! That's such a bad habit, very bad habit."
"I'm not here to talk about habits Draskar! Where's my friends? What have you done to them? They would have stopped you!"
Draskar sat back down and smiled at Warder, "You friends are-shall we say-on vacation at the moment."
"Where?!"
"Temper-temper. Didn't Illias teach you to control you temper, old chap?"
"WHERE, DRASKAR!?!?"
Draskar sighed, "Oh, very well. They're right here..."
Draskar motioned to a large glass globe-The Globe-on his desk. Inside, Warder could glimps the faces of his friends, trapped inside the Globe...
"Now," said Draskar, "you'll probably want to cooperate, because I wouldn't want to accidently drop this Globe, killing all your friends."
"Draskar," said Warder, through clenched teeth, "you'll never get away with this..."
"That's what all heroes say to villains, my friend. Only this time, I have won!
"Now, I suggest that you go to you quarters and stay there until I decide what to do with you. Oh, and, Warder?"
"What?"
"Do come chat with me again sometime. It was most delightful."

[This message has been edited by The Archmage (edited 25 August 2001).]

Raistlin, Archmagus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2001 1:45 pm    Post subject: The Sovereign Reply with quote Back to top

Carmen was lying on the bed she was given, when her teacher, Sister
Blackblood, came in.
"Trainee, you have a visitor."
Carmen sat up, wondering who it would be. Just then, Riley walked in.
Carmen smiled. "Hello Father"
She stood and curtsied, then say back down.
"Is there anything wrong father?" she asked. Riley had a grim expression on,
and he sat down besides his young daughter.
"Carmen, the emperor has drawn up a treaty."
"Already?" asked Carmen, shocked.
"Yes, already is exactly what I said. It is quite resonable, but I wonder if there is something I have missed theat perhaps you have found."
"What does the treaty say?"
"'One. The armies of the Emperor of D'Tar Mordin shall have the right to move freely across the domain of Magicum. Two. The Emperor of D'Tar Mordin shall have the power to establish colonies on the grounds of the kingdom of Magicum. Three. If ever D'Tar Mordin should attack or be attacked, the said Kingdom of Magicum will come its aid in offence or defence. Four. All previous provisions apply equally to Magicum; she shall have the right to build and garrison armies in D'Tar Mordin, and the Emperor of the said D'Tar Mordin will offer military aid to Magicum wherever necessary. Five. Should any provision of this treaty be violated by either of the said realms, it will result in total and irrevocable war between them.'
"What do you think daughter?"
Carmen was quiet a while, then,
"I think that him building here would result in horror. His men against ours...They will fight. Even if you tell them not to. They will fight, even the most loyal will fight. It will start as small things, a misunderstanding or something. Perhaps a stray sword fly, grazing a house, or heroe. It will grow steadily worse from there. Houses will go up in flame, there will be many graveyards.
"As for us building in D'Tar Mordin, think of it. D'Tar Mordin is past the Hellfire mountains. A small inn will take at least a year to build. A peasent would spend weeks, perhaps months taking the a single peice of wood across the mountains. We would never get a guild built there before the fighting started.
"As for Tarfulth offering his armies, he said 'the Emperor of the said D'Tar Mordin will offer military aid to Magicum wherever necessary.' Wherever necessary. What if he deems it unnecessary and refuses to send his armies? He will be perfectly within his rights. Demand to have it changed to whenever and wherever you deem it necesary. Other than those things, I think it's quite fair."
Riley could only stare at her. At ten she was smarter then him. Riley smiled, and said, "Yes, you are right my dughter. I will tell Tarfulth tomarow, during the negotiations."
Carmen smiled, then said, "It must be getting late, and I must wake early tomarow. Today was simple;they gave us our uniforms, and staffs. Tomarow we will start classes, and I don't want to be sleeping through them."
Riley nodded, stood, kissed Carmen's head, and left.
Carmen lay on her bed again, hoping that all would go well with the negotiations.

------------------

I will do this. Nothing in my life matters except this. No moment in my life exists except this moment. I am born in this moment, and if I fail, I will die in this moment.- Raistlin Majere

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Falotar

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2001 6:47 pm    Post subject: The Sovereign Reply with quote Back to top

Dharjom was growing impatient. For a day, now, he had perched in this tower, and the Emperor had not shown so much as his nose beyond his quarters. Dharjom considered, than slipped down out of the tower. Sliding through the shadows of twilight, he worked his way into the kitchens. Sure that no one was watching, he began sprinkling a certain powder into or onto every foodstuff or liquid he could find. He went through the larder and down into the storerooms, and lastly stopped by the well. He returned to the towertop, confidant that by this time tomorrow Emperor Tarfulth would be dead, along with everyone else in the Palace.

Atreinos lay dreaming. In his mind, he was back in Shovrah-Dan, manager of the best Rogue's Guild in the North. In his mind, he wandered through the Guild's poison shop. Dragonsbane, troll sap, Ardanian nightshade... that was odd, the smell of the crushed Krypta's heart seemed to be coming out of the floor...
Atreinos awoke with a start. The fain odor of Krypta's heart, one of the deadliest poisons in Ardania, still wafted up through the floorboards. Just below Atreinos was the kitchen. Did the cook keep Krypta's heart for poisoning - what? The Palace had no trouble with vermin. Besides, he had never smelt it before.
He got up out of bed and went down to the kitchen. Everywhere he checked, he found the elusive scent - a scent which nobody else was be likely to sense, unless they too had received Rogue's training. He hurriedly went up to the King's quarters.
"Your Majesty," he said, knocking on the door.
"What now?" said Riley through the door.
"I'm afraid someone's trying to poison us..."

Raistlin, Archmagus

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2001 1:21 pm    Post subject: The Sovereign Reply with quote Back to top

Riley sat bolt upright.
Poisoned? he thought. "Come in!"
Atreinos stepped inside Riley's quarters, ready to be bombarded by questions.
"Atreinos, what do you mean poison? By who? WHAT IS GOING ON?!?"
"Your Majesty," said Atreinos meekly. "I woke this morning to the faint smell of, well - Krypta's Heart."
Riley's face drained of all color.
"K-Krypta's Heart?" he whispered. "No! That's one of the most deadliest poisons, isn't it?" he asked Atreinos. Atreinos could only nod.
"It's all over the kitchens, everywhere! We have to throw everything out. We will just have to buy some food from the marketplace until our food stock caravans come in."
"Yes, I suppose that we could go a day without food; afterall, we do have to fast on certain holidays. Yes, order the cooks to throw everything out, drain the wells for the time being, and scrub everything thouroly. If any of my famly, or any of the emperor's subjects dies, I will never forgive my self. Have Quinn and Adelaide come to my quarters."
"What of the Princess Carmen?"
Riley stopped a ,moment, then said, "Send her after Quinn and Adelaide. I wish to speak with her sepratley."
Atreinos bowed, and said, "Yes your Majesty."
After Atreinos left, Riley was left thinking.
Please, by all the Gods, I beg of you to keep my children safe.

------------------

The Archmage

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2001 1:54 pm    Post subject: The Sovereign Reply with quote Back to top

Warder's quarters were at the end of a long hallway. His door was locked with a secret combination that only him and the former Rekc'Dar, Illias, knew. Opening his door, Warder walked in and locked the door behind him.
Warder's room was small and simple. In one corner, lay a simple bed; in another, a table and chair; and in another, a small chest that held what little belongings he had left in the Tower.
Warder walked over and sat in his bed.
"That, snake! How could he kill Illias! Illias: my friend and mentor! Kenvyne, my friend, how could you have been captured. How- what's this?"
Warder reached under his small pillow and pulled out a note. It was labeled: To Warder; From Illias:

My friend,
My time is short, so I must be blunt. If you are reading this, I am dead. Yes, I was killed by Draskar, who now is Rekc'Dar. I cannot tell you how it all happened, but my some sort of trickery, Draskar trapped the other Rekc'Dar in the Glass Globe. He threatened to break the Globe if did anything to stop him. I was powerless to stop him.
Before he killed me, Draskar told be briefly of his plan. He has hired someone by the name of Requista or something like that, to kill the Emperor of T'Dar Mordin. Requista, I guess, is mad at the Emperor or something like that. Anyway, the Emperor is in danger. Draskar plans to kill the Emperor, set Requista up as Emperor, and then kil Requista and make himself Emperor of T'Dar Mordin. He claims that the Rekc'Art should have been ruling Ardania centuries ago.
He comes, I must be brief. I have managed to write this message and drop it off in your room. Anyway, you must save the Emperor at all costs. If the Emperor is dead, you must stop Draskar from ascending the throne. If Draskar is on the throne, then I know you won't get his message, because Draskar talked frequently about 'destroying all the Rekc'Art stood for'. In other words, he wants to destroy the Tower.
There is an secret exit out of here that only I know about. Walk to the end of the hall and place you Medallion in the dim ring on the floor. You will be teleported to a woods, two miles away from the Tower. Go! Draskar will not destroy the Glass Globe when you're not there. You and I know him. I must end. Good luck, my son. Good luck.

Illias

Warder looked up from his reading and put the note in his cloak...

Ten minutes later, Warder was walking through the woods, the Tower, and Draskar, behind him, heading toward Magicum: to warn the Emperor...

Raistlin, Archmagus

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2001 2:06 pm    Post subject: The Sovereign Reply with quote Back to top

Carmen was in the middle of a leson in the training floor of the temple, when Atreinos came running in.
"I need to speak with the princess!" he gasped.
The teacher, Sister Blackblood, turned cold eyes upon the royal advisor. "What princess?" she asked coldly. Carmen's cheeks burned. Atreinos only gaped idioticly. "The princess! The king's daughter!"
Carmen rose quickly, said her apologies to her teacher,and followed Atreinos outside.
"They don't refer to me as princess here. I am one of the others, a trainee. What do you want?"
Atreinos gaped a moment, not beleiving that a princess would be taught like anyone else. He shook his head and said, "Your father wishes to speak to you within the hour. You are to come to the palace and wait there."
"But my lessons!" she cried. "Couldn't I come later?"
"I want you to be there ready for audience with your father."
"Fine." she grumbled. "I must tell my teachers though;they wont be pleased."
"Who cares?" exploded Atreinos. He had had enough. When he brought himself back under control, he said, "Yes, go inform your teacher. But hurry, we have a bit of a walk."
Carmen stepped humbly back into the training room. She went up to Sister Blackblood.
"Excuse me, Sister Blackblood, I must, er, leave for home. I will be back as soon as possible."
Sister Blackblood nodded, and said, Yes, but hurry back, else you will be behind everyone."
Carmen bowed her head, then went after Atreinos.

------------------

Falotar

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2001 6:46 pm    Post subject: The Sovereign Reply with quote Back to top

Lord General Requistor was back in D'Tar Mordin. Since he found no guards waiting to arrest him, he decided that Tarfulth had not yet discovered his treachery. It was surprising, since one assasination attempt had failed. It was an old maxim that every crime committed, especially failed ones, reveal something about the perpetrator.
Once in his private study, Requistor found he had two letters - one from his human assasin, Dharjom, and one from-
"Draskar," he sneered. Draskar had contacted him, promising to help him overthrow the Emperor. So far no aid had been forthcoming, but Requistor still thought the man meant it. Why the man wanted to help him, now that was interesting to specilate about.
The man had claimed to be a Rekc'Art. He also claimed that he would soon be Rekc'Dar; which Requistor now knew meant the leader of the Rekc'Art. Requistor had his doubts about this - Rekc'Art, according to the book he had read, had no interest in politics - but he was willing to use every tool that came to hand.
He oopened the letter. 'I have succeeded. I am now Rekc'Dar. The fool who held the post before me is dead, and I have imprisoned all the other Rekc'Art until such time as they should join me. Or until I decide to kill them all. That is, all except one. A Rekc'Art, Warder, still lives beyond my control. I nearly had him, but he slipped through my grasp. You need not concern yourself over him.
Before I promised you help. Now I will give it, but for a price. We will work together - not I for you, but together. Further payment as I deem necessary I will exact after we are victorious.
Draskar, Rekc'Dar'
A very amusing letter, Requistor thought to himself. So this man thought they would work as a team? Well, maybe he was right. Requistor knew enough about Rekc'Art to be wary of them. He would let Draskar play his little game for the moment. After all, it would be easy enough to have him executed once Requistor was Emperor. In addition, Requistor had help that Draskar yet knew nothing of. There was a knock on the door.
"Come in," he said smugly, and Tanasril stepped into the study. Here was Requistor's secret: the Rekc'art - Rekc'Dar - knew nothing of this deformed archmage. "Be seated, Tanasril. How goes your latest creation?"
"Extremely well, my Lord. Soon he will be complete, and I will give him a name."
"What precisely does i- this new monster do?"
Tanasril smiled. "Oh, but if I told you, it would ruin the surprise. Liom - yes, I believe I will call him that - will perform well, however you employ him."
"Good. Now tell me, Tanasdril, what do you know of Rekc'Dar? Do they have any weaknesses? Some crack a creature of yours could exploit?"

Raistlin, Archmagus

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2001 7:51 pm    Post subject: The Sovereign Reply with quote Back to top

When Quinn and Adelaide walked into their father's quarters, they could tell something was wrong.
"Father?" asked Quinn. "Is all well?"
Riley sighed, and said, "No son, all is not well. Someone as tried to poison us, rather, the whole palace."
Adelaide gasped. "B-but how? and who?"
Riley shook his head. "I do not know my daughter. I warn you though: be on your gaurd. If someone was trying to poison us or the emperor, then they will try again. Be warned.
"Yes Father." said the two children. As they left, Riley thought, Now, where is Carmen, I must speak with her.

As Carmen stepped into her Father's quarter's, she wondered what could be wrong now.
"Father, are you well?" she asked.
Riley sighed. "Yes my child, for the time being."
"Father, what do you mean? What's wrong?"
"Carmen, someone has tried to poison us."
"NO! Was anyone hurt?" she asked.
"No child, no one was hurt. But I must discuss this with you. Who do you suppose did it? I doubt it was the emperor, he would have died himself-"
"Father, it could have been anyone. Mabeye it was an enemy of ours, but more likely, an enemy of the emperor's. Do you remember that creation that tried to kill the emperor? And now poison in our food and drink. Besides, we have no enemies Father, we are to new a kingdom for that. No, it must be an enemy of the emperor's. Father, be carefull. This enemy will try again, and though it's after the emperor, it might take us down with the emperor."
Riley sighed and shook his head. "Daughter, you are wise beyond your years. Tis to bad that women can not rule. You would make a fine queen."
Carmen smiled sadly. "Father, if only I could. If only I could." Carmen left then, to overcome to say good bye. She headed toward her temple.
Riley watched her leave sadly. Yes daughter, if only, if only.

------------------

Falotar

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2001 8:39 pm    Post subject: The Sovereign Reply with quote Back to top

"Your Imperial Majesty!" Tarfulth snapped up in bed; it was light out, but he judged it to still be early morning.
"What is it, Wethrin?" he inquired, not bothered to keep out his irratation. The Herald opened the door and came into the room. Tarfulth was surprised that Wethrin had dared to enter without permission. Then he saw the fear on his Herald's face.
"Sire, Imperial Majesty, somebody tried to poison you!" Wethrin looked near hysterical, now that Tarfulth could see him plainly, and he sounded it.
"Me?" said the Emperor sharply. "How do you know it was intended for me? Whatever it is you're talking about."
"Krypta's heart, Imperial Majesty, in every scrap of food and drop of drink! Even the wells were tainted!"
"Krypta's heart?" said Tarfulth with surprise. "But it is grows only in the Hellfires, and available only in Shovrah-Dan and like places."
"Or D'Tar Mordin, Tarfulth." Wethrin spun around; Tarfulth already saw Warder standing in the doorway.
"You again!" snarled the Herald. "How dare you come here, unannounced-"
"Silence, Wethrin," Tarfulth commanded, even as Warder raised a hand. "Now, Rekc'Art, perhaps you can explain yourself. Why should our poisoner have obtained his Krypta's heart in D'Tar Mordin?"
"Do you know of anyone by the name of Requista - Your Majesty?" The title was obviously not one Warder was used to saying.
"No... Requistor, yes, but he's Lord General of my armies. Why should he kill me - or, even if he wanted to, why not simply take my army for himself and lead them in rebellion?"
"Perhaps he is not liked by the men. Or that they are all too loyal to you."
"But why kill me?"
"Do you know of any reason he might bear you a grudge?"
Tarfulth thought for a minute. Then he raised his eyebrow. "He loved Empress Ytrenna long ago. We fought a duel over her, and I gave him a wound. There are no Healers in D'Tar Mordin, and the wound has pained him ever since, but I never suspected him of any lasting hatred against me."
"Well, I have reason to believe he does." Tarfulth noticed the Rekc'Art skin flushing, as though he were about to reveal something shameful to himself. "Draskar - another Rekc'Art - has made a pact with this Requistor to overthrow you. He then intends to kill Requistor and take over D'Tar Mordin - and probably the rest of Ardania, as well."
"Well," said Tarfulth, feeling considerably startled and more than a little disturbed. "Well, if Requistor is out to get me, he obviously does not care who else he kills along the way. I believe we should warn King Riley of these new developements."

Raistlin, Archmagus

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2001 10:43 pm    Post subject: The Sovereign Reply with quote Back to top

"Yes, yes, I know. My Advisor woke and reconized the sent, and came to tell me." said Riley when Tarfulth had come to tell him of the poison.
"I expect that you have taken the neccessary precautions then?" asked the emperor.
"Yes, all food has been thrown out, and everything is being scrubed. DO NOT SPREAD PANIC. I don't need the town leaving in fear of their lives."
Just then, Quinn walked in, Adelaide trailing along behind.
"Father, we're worried. The poi-" Then Quinn saw the emperor, and bit his lip.
"Forgive me, I, um, will talk to you later Father. Again, forgive me for intruding."
Quinn left then, heading for Krilla's tower. He realized that Adelaide was still walking with him.
"Adelaide, go away, I need to talk to Krilla alone."
"And where am I supposed to go?"
"I don't know, go visit Carmen or something! Just go away."
"Fine!"
When Quinn was sure Adelaide had left, he turned towards Krilla's room again.
No one's told her yet. I guess I will. Besides, I havent spoken to her in the past day, that's quite rude of me. I wonder if she's well, or at least feels well. I wonder if a prince has ever married a dryad before...

------------------

Falotar

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2001 10:10 am    Post subject: The Sovereign Reply with quote Back to top

"Your Majesty," said tarfulth sitting down, "there's more too it than that. The Rekc'Art says that he knows he is responsible for attempting to poison the Palace. It was directed at me, Riley, but it could have easily killed everyone here."
Warder came into the chamber. "Riley," he said, "King Riley, I think that that Tarfulth's Lord General is trying to kill him. And I have proof." Warder takes out the letter left him by Illias, and hands it to the King.

"May I come in?" said the Prince's voice through the door.
"Yes," replied Krilla turning away from her window to face the door.
Quinn walked into her room, and stared it her. "You look odd. Your eyes are purple."
"I've been crying," she answered quietly.
"Why?" he demanded, suddenly angry. "Has anyone been mistreating you?"
"No more than is to be expected. No, it is not that. I miss m-the forest."
"Well," said Quinn rather awkwardly. "Well, ah, I came to tell you that someone has poisoned the Palace's food supply. And the wells."
"Who would do such a thing?" she said, sounding gently surprised.
"I - we - don't know yet. Well, good-bye, Krilla." Quinn turned and strode hastily out of her rooms. Krilla turned to look back at her forest. Could the Queen be behind the poisoning? But then, Dryads loathed all poisons...

Raistlin, Archmagus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2001 9:15 pm    Post subject: The Sovereign Reply with quote Back to top

Carmen was thankfull for the long days in the temple. All her worries disappeared in the training room. The only problem was that they all came rushing back in the night. Particulary this night. When Riley had told her of the poison, she new right away that it could only be meant for the emperor. She wished she were the ruler of this town, then the emperor would already be gone, the treaty signed. No one would be in danger. Though she loved her father dearly, she new that he was not the best king; in fact, she new that she would make a better ruler then her father. Carmen thought that the palace should be search...
All of a sudden, she had a dread feeling, a tugging feeling. No, it can't wait till morning,I must go now. I have the most horrible feeling...
With that, Carmen set off for the palace, lurking in the shadows, her Deaths Staff in hand.

As Carmen reached the palace, she decided that it would be better for her to not go through the palace gates; the gaurds might send her back to the temple. She took out her ring of teleportaion, and thought of the top wall. When she opened her eyes, she found herself perched precariously on the edge of the wall. She stepped quickly down, and strode through the walls, keeping to the shadows.
As she walked, she noticed a door stood slightly ajar. Curious as always, Carmen crept closer, looking for something out of the ordinary. She peeked in, and was shocked to see someone in there. Afterall, it was an extra room out on the wall.
The man seemed to be speaking into a small button, or something of the sort.
"Requistor, there's a Rekc'Art around here! I know they're trained to detect magic, but this one knows Draskar! He will know of you by now! I-"
Dharjom stopped speaking abrubtly, having heard something.
Carmen froze. She stepped on a squeacking peice of board. She shut her eyes and held her staff very tightly.
When she opened her eyes, she almost fell over. Dharjom's eyes were right in front of her, blazing. He never said anything. a swift chop to the neck was all he needed to make Carmen fall. "Ah," was all she had time to gasp before everything went dark.

------------------

Falotar

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2001 11:20 pm    Post subject: The Sovereign Reply with quote Back to top

Dharjom stared at the girl. Who in Krypta's name is she? She had not been in the Palace since he had arrived. He recalled the procession. Ah, yes. The girl in the carriage. Princess Carmen.
"What is the matter?" said Requistor's voice through the santaar.
"I believe I have captured the Princess of this kingdom, Lord General."
"Captured?" The santaar were not supposed to transmit emotion, but Dharjom could practically hear the surprise in Requistor's voice.
"Yes, my Lord. Unfortunately, I cannot make use of her here; the King's guards - and the Emperor's - would be sure to overpower me."
"Bring her here. To D'Tar Mordin. I am attempting to gain I following here - it is not easy, I am disliked - but at least we can hold her safely."
"Lord General, she has a Priestess's staff. She does look old enough to be a full sister yet, but one can never tell."
"Never mind the staff. Bring her here, in a sack if need be."
"Yes, Lord General."
The light in the santaar winked out; Requistor had broken communication. Expressionless, he searched the girl and removed her teleportation amulet and her ring of protection. He gagged Carmen, then kicked her until she awoke.
"Can I trust you not to speak?" he said flatly. He held a knife up; it glittered coldly in the moonlight. The girl seemed to consider, then nodded.
"Very well." He removed the gag.
"Where is my staff?" she whispered.
Here." He held it wrapped in a cloth, and just beyond her reack. He then slid it down into the leather jerkin he wore. "Come now, girl."
Who are you, and where are you taking me?"
Neither of those is your concern." He pricked her back with the knife. "Move."

Raistlin, Archmagus

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2001 12:13 pm    Post subject: The Sovereign Reply with quote Back to top

Carmen walked, massaging her arm where she had been kicked.
"Where are you taking me?" Carmen asked again. She dared not say she was the princess. It could mean her death, unless this man already knew.
When the man didn't answer, she stopped walking, and turned to face him.
"Where are you taking me?" she demanded.
"To D'Tar Mordin, your Majesty."
Carmen narrowed her eyes, not likeing the jest. "Why are you taking me to D'Tar Mordin?"
"For something that doesn't concern you!" Dharjom was no fool. He knew that the girl was smart, and that if he told her to much, she would escape, and Requister would not be pleased.
Carmen scowled, thinking. She could try to escape, but it would have to be away from the palace;there was no room to run. She could call for help, but then Dharjom will either just kill her, or gag her and disapear into the shadows. Without her staff she was powerless. Unless...she tried to recall the words to lightning strike.
"Oh, se, va-"
Carmen wasn't able to finish speaking. Dharjom's hand wraped around her mouth, cutting her off.
"Try that again kid, and you'll feel steel in your back. Got it?"
Carmen nodded. She didn't feel like dying just yet. However, she didn't know if it would be exactly healthy for her if she went to D'Tar Mordin. Then she saw her chance. There was a flight of stairs leading to the ground. The palace archers and guards used these stairs as a quicker means to go through the city and back to the palace.
Carmen quickly thought it over, and, deciding it could work, went for it. She broke away from Dharjom, running for the stairs. Dharjom didn't move. She hoped he would be to stunned to move. But by the time she reached the bottom of the stairs, Dharjom was there waiting for her. She was so surprised that she triped. Dharjom caught her, then threw her to the grownd.
"Idiot girl." he sighed. Again, he hit her in the back of her head, then took out a large sack.
"Stupid, stupid girl."
With Carmen in the sack, he took out the stolen ring of telaportation, and thought of Requistor's room in D'Tar Mordin.

------------------

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> 1001 Ardanian Nights All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: