Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

The Sovereign
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> 1001 Ardanian Nights
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raistlin, Archmagus

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2001 5:56 pm    Post subject: The Sovereign Reply with quote Back to top

Here's a stab in the dark at making a free for all story, so if it's bad, then nevermind.

The Sovereign

King Riley looked out over his new kindom. It only consisted of a marketplace, a rogue's guild, the Bread n' Butter inn, an elven guild, a ranger's guild, and a temple to Krypta. It was small, but thriving. There was already about ten houses, and all guilds were full. He had conquered many goblin tribes, ratmen caves, and even an infamous dragon. Riley always went on the quests with his rogues, to help them. Riley was a very powerfull mage. He knew many spells that weren't offered in most librarys. Once he had the money, he planned to construct a wizards guild. Many of his subjects were very happy here, his marketplace was a perfect place for trading, and of course buying. He wanted this to be a good place for his chilldren to grow up. He had a son of twelve, his only heir. He also had two daughters, his oldest age ten, his youngest, age nine. They were his pride and joy, all three with black hair, and blonde edges. Quinn, his son, had sparkling green eyes, and a lot of color in his cheeks. Adelaide, his eldest daughter had bright blue eyes, that always had a curious glint in them. And his youngest, Carmen, who had been Riley's little miracle. When Carmen was born, her eyes had been white, and she had been announced blind. But she wasn't, she was as healthy as any of her siblings. As she grew, Carmen's eyes had grown color, except she didn't gain just one color;they were always changing. Like a dragon's, they were always changing with her moods, red when she was angry, blue when she was sad, and green, when she was feeling mischievous. She had been a miracle, as she was often called. All of Riley's children already knew what they wanted to be. Quinn wanted to be just like his father;he wanted to be king, and a powerfull mage. Adelaide wanted to be a solari, to match her fiery spirit. Anf Carmen had a strong desire to be a priestess, because it seemed a challenge to her. At nine, she could already wield her own blade, and knew a couple of the monk's moves. She even knew how to cast simple spells, like lighing strike. All that was left to her, was to learn the ways of a priestess, and learn their control over powers far beyond others.
Riley sighed as he thought. There had recently been sightings of rock golems, wherewolves, and even dyads and deamonwoods. He was worried that they where being controled by another monarch. Another monarch fighting to take over his kingdom could greatly endanger all citizens, and his famly. The other king would try to kill his son first, and then him. The other Sovereign would then be able to take over the kingdom, because, while his daughters would be perfectly healthy, no women was alowwed to rule. Riley sighed again, sudenly feeling like an old man.
"Highness!" came the royal adviser's voice. There has been another rock golem sighting! He's damaged the marketplace terribly, and also a couple of houses."
Riley sighed, and thought, I guess I'll have to wait on that wizards guild....

------------------
Raistlin, Archmagus of the hour glass eyes

A mage's soul is forged in the crucible of magic-Antimodes of the white Robes

I will do this. Nothing in my life matters except this. No moment in my life exists except this moment. I am born in this moment, and if I fail, I will die in this moment.- Raistlin Majere

The blade must pass through the fire, else it will break.-Par-Salian

[This message has been edited by Raistlin, Archmagus (edited 21 August 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Raistlin, Archmagus (edited 21 August 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Raistlin, Archmagus (edited 22 August 2001).]

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Raistlin, Archmagus

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2001 10:59 pm    Post subject: The Sovereign Reply with quote Back to top

Carmen was tagging along with her brother and sister, bored out of her mind. She couldn't wait until she was ten, then sh could go to the Temple of Krypta, and could finally start training to become a priestess. Quinn already had started training in the wizards guild, also training under his father, and going to the classes that the children had to take. Adelaide had just started going to the Temple to Helia, and went to clasess for the children. Carmon only had to go to simple clasess, whichh were short and annoying. Carmon already knew everything that the stupid teacher taught. She wanted to at least play with her siblings, but they thought that they were to old to be around immature five year olds.
"Carmon, go way! We have to go to our guilds, and you can't come! Now, scat!" Adelaide made a shooing motion with her hands.
Carmon muttered darkly about having no where to go and being bored, but, in the end, she left, going to wander through the forest, letting her feet take her to the blacksmith's, talking to the apprentice for a little, then going to the elven guild, where she liked to talk to the younger elves who weren't old enough to start training. Carmon's best friend was a young elve, who was actually ten years older then Carmon,but was the same size as her. Elves grow much more slowly then humans, therefore the child's size. The elf's name was Zelos Fleet-foot. He had the normal purpleish elven hair and skin, and he would get his green hat once he was made a guild member. Carmon didn't stay long, with Zelos busy doing chores. Eventually Carmon found her way back to the palace, to bored to do anything else. She went to her room, and looked out the window, and sighed.
If I could be a queen, the I would neverbe bored.
She looked out the window again, and came yet another sigh. She saw a small rock in the distance move, a sign o a rock golem.
I guess I'll go tell father that there are more rock golems coming....
She sighed again, and slowly moved to go tell her father.

------------------

I will do this. Nothing in my life matters except this. No moment in my life exists except this moment. I am born in this moment, and if I fail, I will die in this moment.- Raistlin Majere

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Falotar

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2001 6:44 pm    Post subject: The Sovereign Reply with quote Back to top

"Ah, there you are, Your Majesty," said Lord Atreinos, Royal Advisor to King Riley. Atreinos was a short, thin man. He wore, as usual, a sober black tunic and matching hose, and a sable cloak edged in silver. At the moment he also wore a triumphant smile at having cornered his restless monarch with the day's tasks.
"Yes, Atreinos?" asked the king, impatiently.
"Sit," ordered the Advisor. Riley complied with a grumbled "I'm the king." They were in the Royal Library, a section of the palace most favoured by the king. Not as comfortable as his study, Atreinos reflected, but more suited to certain issues then the training rooms of the Magium, where the king spent the balance of his time.
"What is it today?" snapped the king.
"Your Majesty!" said Atreinos in an aggrieved tone. "I only do my duty." Hurriedly he went on, so has to forestall interruption, "Guildmaster Platinius reports the completion of the Warriors' Guild. He requests that you consider his cousin, Sir Willem Silveredge, as its next member-"
"Hmmph," muttered the king.
"-there is also a letter from Jadel Shadowfoot, Master of the Moonwind Consortium. He requests that you tear down the Temple to Helia and erect one to Lunord."
"My daughter intends to be a Solarus, and I'll not deny her. Tell the Consortium no. As for our Guildmaster, inform him I'll support any warrior he feels worthy. Anything else?"
"One very important thing," said Atreinos, suddenly more solemn then usual. "His Imperial Majesty, Emperor Tarfulth of D'Tar Mordin, requests an audience with you in view of working out an alliance."
"Krypta!" gasped Riley. "The Emperor of D'Tar Mordin! What could he want?"
"He is most powerful," observed Atreinos, "above the Hellfire Mountains, that is. Perhaps he wishes to extend his influence southward."
"What do I do?" asked the mage-king.
"Don't offend him, but don't promise him anything, either. Having such a powerful ally could be two-edged. And on no account," Atreinos said with sudden vehemence, "on no account must you give him a single penny!"
Riley smiled, and raised his eyebrows. "You weren't called Atreiny the Miserly for nothing, were you?"
The Royal Advisor flushed, as he always did when someone refered to his Roguish past.

[This message has been edited by Falotar (edited 23 July 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Falotar (edited 24 July 2001).]

Raistlin, Archmagus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2001 8:03 pm    Post subject: The Sovereign Reply with quote Back to top

Quinn was staring out of the wizards guild window. He was bored, as was
normall. He already knew what the master was teaching, and didn't care
who knew it. The master wouldn't hit him as he did the others;Quinn
was prince of the realm, no one would dare touch him. Quinn
longed to leave and settle his own kingdom. However, the law said that
he must be twenty years of age, and must have a wife. He had his eye on
a young elf maiden, but he didn't know her well. He only had eight
mmore years until he could leave, and he wanted to make sure that he
had a wife when the time came to leave. Children were considered adults
at thirteen, and had to wait three years befor they could marry. So,
Quinn only had four years untill he marry. As he was staring out the
window, he saw something that made his heart stop. It was a dryad, a
beautiful, beautiful dryad, that was strugling to get away from about
three other dryads, a handful of deamonwoods, and wherewolves
surrounding her.
Without thinking, Quinn teloported down to help the dryad. He landed
right in front of her, and to the others, he said, "Stay back! I am a
powerful mage, now leave!"
The lead dryad studied him, examining his stature. Then she said, "Kill
him. He's just a boy, how powerful can he be?"
With that, the wherewolves started closing in, along with the deamon
woods and other dryads. The one Quinn was protecting cringed behind him,
like a scared little girl. Quinn lifted his hands, preparing to cast a
deadly spell. "Am-dor-azac!" he chanted. all the wherewolves howeled,
and fell to the ground, changing back to their original bodies to die.
The deamonwoods followed suit. Only the dryads were left.
"Leave. Now" said Quinn.
They scoweled at him, and the leader sauiid, "You'll pay. She's
nothing but trouble." With that, they disapeared.
Quinn looked behind him at the shivering dryad, and cought her as
she colapsed. He teloported to the temple to Agrela, in order to have
her healed.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Raistlin, Archmagus (edited 24 July 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Raistlin, Archmagus (edited 24 July 2001).]

Raistlin, Archmagus

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2001 3:30 pm    Post subject: The Sovereign Reply with quote Back to top

When Quinn arived at the temple to Agrela, he carried her in side, so that he could find a healer.
"Help! Help, I need a healer!"
About ten healers came running at the sound of his urgent voice, and gasped.
"A dryad!" cried one of them. The healer glared at him. "We don't heal dryads." she said coldly.
"I am prince Quinn, you will do as I say, and I say that you will heal this dryad. I will be entirely responsible for her."
The healer continued to glare, but nodded her head and put her hands over the dryad's chest. There was a gasp, and the dryad bolted up, staring around. Her eyes were full of fear, as she saw the healers.
"Where am I?" she asked fearfully.
"You are in a temple. May I ask your name...Lady?"
The dryad turned to look at Quinn, and said, "You...your the boy that helped me.....My name is not prononcible in human language, but you may call me Krilla."
The prince nodded, and said, "I am prince Quinn, but you may call me Quinn."
Quinn looked at her, and asked, "Would you like to go back to the forest?"
"No! I-I mean, no, I can't go back. I have been banished."
Quinn nodded, and asked Krilla if she wanted to stay. She hesitated, then nodded. "I'd be honored to stay with you."
Quinn smiled, and beckoned to her to follow him to the palace.

------------------

Falotar

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2001 11:36 pm    Post subject: The Sovereign Reply with quote Back to top

There was a soft knock on the door.
"Yes?" said Sir Platinius, Guildmaster of the First Magicum Warriors' Guild. In stepped a page, who meekly bobbed his head in respect for the elder Warrior.
"Sir," he said in a quavering voice, "a Warrior by the name of Willem Silveredge wishes to see you."
"Send him in."
"Yes, Sir." The page disappeared, then returned, announcing: "Sir Willem Silveredge to see you, Sir." He stood aside, allowing the Warrior to come forward.
"Hail Platinius!" Willem said, drawing out his blade in an antique salute.
"Hail," said Platinius gravely. Glancing at the page, he said, "You may go now." The boy nodded and left.
"I see you inherited Grandfather's weapon," remarked Platinius, eyeing the mithril sword.
"You haven't done so badly yourself." Willem took the sheathed sword on the desk, and drew out a blade made of platinum steel.
"My namesake," said Platinius, taking back his weapon. "My mother had it forged for me at birth."
"What would she have done if you had chosen to be a Rogue?" asked Willem, eyes twinkling.
"Disinherited me, most likely." Platinius stood. "Come, cousin; let's go to the training floor. Let's see if you know how to wield that mithril stick of yours."

"Ah, Silveredge, there you are," the Emperor called from his carriage. "Come and join me."
"My pleasure, your Majesty." Lord Aragonder Silveredge climbed into the carriage alongside His Imperial Majesty, Tarfulth II of D'Tar Mordin.
"What do you think of this letter?" Tarfulth asked, handing the missive to his Advisor. Aragonder opened it, and whistled softly.
"From the Royal Court of King Riley, Lord of Magicum."
"Read it!" commanded Tarfulth.
"Dated Lunordis 5. 'To His Imperial Highness: Greetings! We would welcome you to our humble court. The issues you mentioned in your previous letter sound as if they may contain some interest. It could be that they may contain some interest to both of our two realms. However, His Majesty, King Riley, is not yet sure of his stance on these matters. Please come so that we may discuss these issues face-to-face.
Signed,
Lord Eberic Atreinos, Royal Advisor to ing Riley'. Followed by Riley's seal." Lord Silveredge folded up the letter and handed it back to the Emperor.
"Well, what do you think of it?" demanded Tarfulth.
"I think that it is most diplomatically worded, Your Majesty," replied Silveredge cautiously. Tarfulth snorted.
"Really? Come now, Silveredge, give me your true opinion, as one old warrior to another."
"Well, my Emperor, as one old warrior to another, I'd say that they're open to negotiation. After all, you are one of the most powerful entities in Ardania. Put on a litle pressure, and I'm sure Riley will be most favourable to whatever you suggest."
"That's my Silveredge," said Tarfulth fondly. "But tell me, are the rumors true? Do you really have relations in Magicum?"
"One, that I know of, Majesty," replied Aragonder. "Sir Platinius Silveredge, the only child of my son Caladon. I hear he's the Guildmaster of a Warriors' Guild there-Platinius, I mean, not Caladon."
"Hmmmm," said the Emperor. He smiled. "Try not to let family ties blind you to objectivity, will you?"
"Of course not, my Emperor."
The carriage rode on, surrounded by a suitably impressive force of the Emperor's heroes and henchmen. His Imperial Majesty was on his way.

Raistlin, Archmagus

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2001 9:27 pm    Post subject: The Sovereign Reply with quote Back to top

Carmen knocked once on her father's door, then ran in, not waiting for
an answer.
"Father! Father!" she cried breathlesly.
Riley's head snapped up, breaking his trance. He had been using his
far seeing abilities, trying to sense any monsters... or another king.
"Yes my child?" he asked.
"Father, more rock golems! I saw more rock golems out my window."
"Where?" her father asked sharply.
"Out near the marketplace. Unless you place a reward father, the market
would be destroyed! You should send a priestess and a healer and..."
Carmen trailed off as she realized what she was saying. She was almost
ordering her father, the king around! Oh no... she thought.
She looked up at her father, greatly daring. To her surprise and releif, she saw only love and kindness in his eyes. She breathed again.
"I am sorry father." she murmered. "I did not mean to sound imperious..."
"It is all right daughter. Infact, I might take your sugestions to mind. Now, run along to your room, or to the elven guild. I don't want you straying to far child, if there are more monsters coming, I want you safe, my little miricle."
Carmen smiled, but as she walked out of the throne room, she sighed. It was back to being bored for her.

------------------

Falotar

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2001 9:42 pm    Post subject: The Sovereign Reply with quote Back to top

Atreinos stalked into the Royal Scrying Chamber, where His Majesty kept mystic contacts with the Magium Wizards' Guild.
"Your Majesty," said Atreinos, "did you know the Marketplace is being destroyed?"
"Yes' Carmen told me."
"Did you also know that your son has taken in a Dryad?" Atreinos' voice took on a disapproving note.
"No, I didn't know that." Riley sounded surprised. "Perhaps I should have him see me."
"Shall I have the guards bring him here?"
"Of course not!" snapped the King. "Think of the humilation of having my son dragged throught the streets. Besides, I'm not so certain that having a Dryad for a daughter-in-law would be a bad thing."
"As you say, Your Majesty." Atreinos did not sound convinced of the last.

Raistlin, Archmagus

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2001 10:12 pm    Post subject: The Sovereign Reply with quote Back to top

Quinn strode throught the gates of the palace, arm in arm with Krilla, ignoring the startled gazes of the gaurds as he did so. He thought vaguley that perhaps he was doing the wrong thing, but then all he need do was look at the dryad, and all doubts disapeared.
She was truly beautifull, with pale green skin, a purplish-greenish tinge in her blondish hair, and staring, deep green eyes.
Quinn new that he would have to explain to his father why he had brought a dryad home with him (he laughed at the thought; it sounded as if he was five, and bringing home an abandoned puppy.). Although, he hoped that his father would understand what Quinn was feeling... Quinn wanted permission to leave, of course, but it wasn't just that. When he looked at Krilla, he felt a sensation in his head, and wondered what love felt like...

------------------

The Archmage

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2001 4:10 pm    Post subject: The Sovereign Reply with quote Back to top

The figure moved through the trees. I was tall, all dressed in a heavy, black cloak. The heavy hood covered it's face from the heavy rain surrounding it.

The figure stopped at a clearing in the woods. Beyond the clearing, rested a small, peaceful village. Thin stubs of smoke curled out of the chimneys before they disappeared in the torrents of rain.

The figure bend down and examined the muddy ground, carefully, looking for something. Seeming to find it the figure looked up at the village...

---------

Jarold Barnswagger, Innkeeper of the Ale f All, looked up at his guests. The small Inn's fire was burning brightly, illuminating the couple tables at the Inn. Ale f All was always busy when it rained out.

BANG!

Jarold's head snapped to the door as a figure walked in: tall and black, dressed in a heavy hood.

The figure turned to the Innkeeper and pulled back his hood, revealing a strong face of a man with a neatly-trimmed black beard.

"I am Warder, Rekc'Art," he said quietly. But everyone in the Inn gasped.

Rekc'Art were legendary, warrior-mages, their lives dedicated to tracking down powerful magic beasts. Most viewed them as magic beasts themselves. Whenever a Rekc'Art was around, a magic beast was somewhere lurking nearby.

"Wha-what can I do for you, Mr. Warder?" inquired Jarold with a shake in his voice.

"Ale."

"Yes, sir."

The Rekc'Art drank his ale, payed the Innkeeper with an Ardanian Gold Crown (proving that he was no from the area for Ardanian Gold Crowns are only used in the North Lands), and walked out without another word.

Jarold gulped, sighed, and then said, "Let me tell you, boys: I'd hate to be the beast that guy is tracking!"

Falotar

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2001 7:05 pm    Post subject: The Sovereign Reply with quote Back to top

"Platinius!" Willem's voice drifted up the corridor to the Guildmaster's room. It sounded urgent, and rather exasperated. "There are more Rock Golems attacking the town!" Platinius sighed and wondered if the exasperation was meant for him or the Golems. The town had been attacked by the lumbering creatures many times over the past weeks. "Platinius!"
"Coming, Sir, coming!" shouted Platinius back, with a trace of sarcasm. He hurriedly donned his armour, buckled on his belt and its attached scabbard, and snatched up his shield.
Willem was fdighting outside the Guild alongside a Monk, who seemed to be taking most of the injuries. Platinius glimpsed purple robes and the surge of blue-tinged energy; a Healer must be helping the pair. Drawing his sword, he charged into the fray.
The battle ended suddenly when lightning struck from nowhere, stricking only the towering Golems. They crumbled into dust and shattered boulders.
"Saving by the King," said Willem, sheathing his shining sword.
"You sound almost put out," commented his cousin, also putting away his weapon.
"Oh, I am, a little," replied Willem. Gesturing the Monk over to them, he said, "Cousin, meet my new companion, Anreo the Artistic One. Anreo, may I introduce Guildmaster Platinius Silveredge, my cousin."
The Monk bowed and extended his hand. Platinius took it, and bowed in return.
"You came to be friends awfully quickly," he observed after the Monk had let him go.
"Well, he saved my life in our recent little skirmish," answered the Warrior, "for what it's worth."
"Well, well," said Platinius. "May I offer you some refreshment, Anreo? Crushing Rock Golems to powder must be dusty work."

The streets filled quickly after the attack. Peasants bustled about, repairing the Marketplace and sundry other buildings damged in the attack; heroes and townsfolk wandered about, sampling the various wares offered in the markets and Magic Bazaars. The peaceful scene was disturbed by a gaudily dressed herald.
"'Way there!" he shouted, "Make way! Make way for the Emperor of D'Tar Mordin! 'Way for His Imperial Majesty!" The people scattered, and a royally, no imperially, bedecked procession came by. The various heroes and henchmen of the Emperor wound towards the Palace, and driving through their midst was a carriage bearing the ensignia of Emperor Tarfulth. King Riley was soon to receive a visitor.

[This message has been edited by Falotar (edited 20 August 2001).]

The Archmage

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2001 7:42 pm    Post subject: The Sovereign Reply with quote Back to top

Warder, the Rekc'Art, was tracking something. Something that was leaving a foul trail of evil magic.

For centuried, hte Rekc'Art had been taught in a secret Guild, the art of Wizardry and Warfare. They were taught how to sense magic in the surroundings and to be about to define good magic from evil magic. Warder was one of the best Rekc'Art. He had tracked the most dangerous magic beasts. But this was something different. It had a "scent" that was neither evil nor good. It was...something else. He had followed the trail through city after city, through rain and through heat. Nothing...yet...

The rain had stopped and day was looking to be peaceful. But the Rekc'Art, Warder, didn't pay any attention. The "scent" of the THING was stronger here. He was gaining.

Then, suddenly, the trail disappeared. Warder stood up straight and looked around, trying to sense the trail...nothing...

Then he sense something else, a good magic...Wizard...powerful by the sense of it. Warder shook his head. He didn't have time for this. He had to find the trail of the THIN- wait! What was this? There it was again, the trail! With the Wizard?

Warder followed the trail again, taking no notice to the numerous cart tracks in the mud. If he had been there a day earlier he would have seen the wonderful procession of the Emperor of D'Tar Mordin coming through...

Raistlin, Archmagus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2001 2:04 pm    Post subject: The Sovereign Reply with quote Back to top

Carmen was by her windoww again. Suddenly, she heard trumpeting, and looked out her window for the source. She saw a large caravan, led by foot soldiers making it's way through the kingdom. Carmen's eyes widened as she looked at who was in front of the caravan. It was Quinn, escorting a young wonam-no, it looked more like a dryad! Stranger still, the caravan was richly decorated;definetly not a trader's wagon! Then she heard the herald:
"Make way! Make way for the Emperor of D'Tar Mordin!"
Carmen felt uneasy. This emperor was very powerfull;she wondered what he was doing here, in her father's kingdom. She decided to perhaps tell her father. Sometimes, if he was busy, he wouldn't know what was hapening until his advisor, or one of his children told him. She quickly went in search of her father, hoping to tell him of this emperrror before he was taken by surprise.

Quinn was just walking through the gates of the palace when he heard a herald yelling; at first, he thought to someone else, but then he realized that the herald was yelling at him.
Quinn turned around, to better see the man.
"Make way young man, there is a very important man coming through!"
Quinn regarded the herald and caravan with a cold stare.
"I am Quinn, Prince of this realm. I am royalty. Now, sir, please tell me who is so important that he must immediatly see my father?"
The herald glared at this insolent boy.
"This caravan belongs to his Imperial Hihnes, Emperor of D'Tar Mordin He is to have council with your father."
A voice cold voice sounded from the caravan.
"What's the hold up?" it demanded.
The herald grared at Quinn again. "Move, boy."
Quinn's eyes flared, but did as he was told. He knew that this emperor was a powerful man just by his voice. He didn't want his father to be in trouble because of his insolence.
He had forgotten about Krilla. When he turned around, she was standing there, and in her eyes was a warning. When she looked at the caravan, her eyes filled with fear. Quinn didn't understand, but started to walk toward the palace behind the caravan.
He wondered what Krilla knew of the Emperor of D'Tar Mordin...

------------------

Falotar

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2001 4:52 pm    Post subject: The Sovereign Reply with quote Back to top

Atreinos felt that his mind might slip any minute. Emperor Tarfulth was here, in the Palace, and King Riley was no where to be found. Wethrin, the Emperor's Chief Herald, trailed along behind him, which did not help Atreinos' state of mind. He turned the corner towards the Library, and caught sight of Princess Carmen coming down down the hall.
"Princess!" he called, not caring that Wethrin received the sound right in his ear. "Do you know where you father is?"
"In the library," she replied. "I was going to tell him that the Emperor of D'Tar Mordin has arrived." The door to the Library opened, and Riley stepped out into the hall.
"What?" he said, while rolling up a scroll and sliding it into his belt.
"The Emperor has arrived, Your Majesty!" gasped Atreinos. "He's the throne room, waiting for you!"
"And he is not pleased with the delay," added Wethrin with an angry glint in his eye.
"Who are you?" King Riley. Wethrin drew himself up; both his clothes and his manner suggesting that he was every bit the equal of the king before him.
"I am Wethrin Iltar, Chief Herald to His Imperial Majesty, Tarfulth II of D'Tar Mordin!" he annouced regally. "I am here in the Emperor's name to see if you will grant him audience."
"You seem to take it as a foregone conclusion that he will," observed Carmen, tilting her head to look at the Herald. "How can you be so sure?"
"Your daughter?" asked Wethrin of King Riley, who nodded in reply. "Then you should teach her better manners!"
"Now, now," interposed Atreinos smoothly, "let's not get all heated up before the negotiations begin! Tarfulth's letter said he wished to discuss an alliance?"
"I do not question my Emperor on the content of his communications," snapped the Herald, who looked angrier than before.
"Forgive me! I merely wished to ascertain his purposes."
"All will be made clear," said Riley, who Atreinos had to admit was more of a diplomat than he appeared. "Let us go to the throne room; we should not keep his Imperial Majesty waiting!"

Warder still followed the trail of the elusive THING. It led him into another village, much larger than the last one. It swarmed with people; he might have said more than a town its size could hold, if he had not been so intent on his quarry. So intent was he, in fact, that he did not notice where he was until he was stopped by a guard in a red tabard and bearing a halberd.
"Stop, man!" cried the guard, barring what Warder now saw as a massive gate into a massive stone structure. "You can't just walk into the Palace!"
"Guard, do you know who-what-I am?"
"No."
"I am Rekc'Art. Does that name mean anything to you?"
Apparently it did, for the Palace Guard paled and stood aside, allowing Warder to enter the gate. The trail led deep into the Palace-which, if Warder knew, belonged to a King by the name of Riley...

The Archmage

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2001 6:34 pm    Post subject: The Sovereign Reply with quote Back to top

The Emperor was led into the medium-size throne room of King Riley. King Riley stood up.
"Ahh, his Imperial Majesty-"
Suddenly something flew out of the corner of the room, heading straight at the Emperor. The Imperial Guards made a move to stop the shape but suddenly there was a flash of green light and the Imperial Guards were lying on the ground, dead. The beast flew toward the Emperor...
Then Warder was there. Warder wipped out a legendary Rekc'Art Sword, known to kill even the strongest creatures.
Warder's Sword slashed at the monster. The monster screamed and suddenly a green light surrounded the Rekc'Art. When the green light had disappeared, Warder was standing there, alone. The monster had vanished.
The Emperor said, "What was-?"
"Shuttup, fool!" snapped the Rekc'Art.
The Herald turned on Warder, "Do you know who this is-?"
"I SAID SHUT UP!" snarled Warder.
The Herald was about to reply but thought better of it. After a minute of searching by the Rekc'Art, Warder turned to the Herald and said calmly, "Now, if you would like to blabber on how this is the Emperor and that I should be hanged for insulting him, despite the fact that I just saved his Imperial Neck, I'd love to hear it."
The Herald was silent.
Then the Emperor spoke:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> 1001 Ardanian Nights All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: