Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

The Sovereign II
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> 1001 Ardanian Nights
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raistlin, Archmagus

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2001 11:33 pm    Post subject: The Sovereign II Reply with quote Back to top

"Riviting speech, Sister." said Jager.
Alhana looked at him. "Thank you...Brother."
They flew in silence for a while, making sure that they paced themselves slowly, so that the heroe could follow.
"Jager, we will get your tiger back."
Jager looked at her. "Thank you. Aubur means the world to me. He helped me for years to remember things, and was my companion since I was five. I think that Duaros gave him to me when he saved me." Jager looked down at the forest, and the heros.
"So." he said. "Would you be willing to let me live in the palace?"
"I would hate you forever if you didn't, Brother.
"I suppose, that since you are the older sibling, it is your right to the throne..."
"No. I refuse it. I do not want to be king. I only wish to serve you loyally sister, as a hero, or a buisness owner, or anything. But I do not wish the crown. Besides, you rule well. And your people love you. If I were to take place as king, your people would overthrow me and place you on the throne anyway."
"then brother, you shall be made a hero. But of which alignment?"
"In Vagdar, I was trained as a rogue, but I never did like it...Perhaps I will become a monk...no, I was never good at fist fights. I will be a warrior, like you, Sister. And I will fight in the name of Dauros. I wish you hadn't burried your old sword, I could have used it. But, then again, I have this." He reached into his pocket and pulled out the miniature golden dragon.
"What is it? What does it do?" asked Alhana.
"Well, I think it's a-" He cut himself off, and held up a hand to stop her. The heros below them did the same. Alhana looked questioningly at her brother. He pointed.
From the air, the two could see a crater. In the crater, sat what looked like a dragon;only, it couldn't be a dragon, it's body was so horificly changed...
"Tanasril." said the siblings. Alhan turned and drifted downward toward her heros, Jager right behind her.
"We aproach the enemies. This is it; Magicum, or them. Let us march!" With that, she took off again, flying toward the crater, the changed dragon, and Tanasril.

------------------
Raistlin, Archmagus of the hour glass eyes

I will do this. Nothing in my life matters except this. No moment in my life exists except this moment. I am born in this moment, and if I fail, I will die in this moment.- Raistlin Majere

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Raistlin, Archmagus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2001 1:57 pm    Post subject: The Sovereign II Reply with quote Back to top

Darius was galoping toward the forest. He and his father had been hoping to catch Alhana before the battle. They had found information on Taanasril the Broken.
As it turns out, Darius thought. Tanasril was - or should I say is? - a terateroginator, and was responsible for the near death of Queen Carmen the First, the first queen of Magicum. Darius feared that Tanasril would do something dreadful to Alhana, something ireversable. He rode on faithfully, searching, searching for Alhana.

------------------

I will do this. Nothing in my life matters except this. No moment in my life exists except this moment. I am born in this moment, and if I fail, I will die in this moment.- Raistlin Majere

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Raistlin, Archmagus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2001 8:07 pm    Post subject: The Sovereign II Reply with quote Back to top

Alhana felt something. She raced toward the back of the assembly line, and landed. She drew her sword. She stalked into the trees, listening hard. She heard hooves. She walked quicker and quieter. the hoof beat grew louder. She raised her sword and flew forward; she then cut herself off. She saw a boy sitting on a horse, a boy of her age. she flew slowly toward him, and saw that it ws Darius. He had seen her, and with her wings and sword, most likly thought that she was a monster. She touched ground gently.
"Darius? What are you doing here?"
"Al - Alhana? Oh, it is -" he cut himself off with a looked of mixed horror and amazement. He stared at her wings, then at her face.
"Wh-What happened to you? Did Tanasril do this?"
"No, Darius. My brother and I did this. My father gave us the power to save Magicum. We used it. We need the power to save Magicum."
Darius just sat there, dumbfounded. Alhana began to feel uncomfortable.
"Darius,there is nothing wrong with me. The wings are helpful."
"But will they go away once Tanasril has been defeated?"
"I beleive that they will go away when Magicum is free of danger."
Darius nodded. He still looked sorowful.
"Darius, I must get back to the front. Please, come with me. I will explain everything."
Darius nodded, and followed her slowly to the front.

------------------

Falotar

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2001 10:03 pm    Post subject: The Sovereign II Reply with quote Back to top

A twig snapped. Alhana pivoted in the air, and saw Baron Thaman emerging from the undergrowth.
"Back to the front, my Queen?" sneered the thin man. "I do not think so."
"What is the meaning of this?" demanded Alhana angrily. Thaman ignored her, turning his back to her and speaking to someone unseen behind him.
"I have keep my word, Grannok, and led you to her. Now you perform your part of the bargain." A goblin, of immense size, stepped out of the trees behind him. Only the goblin had folded leathery wings.
"Traitor!" Alhana cried at the same time that Darius snarled "Treachery!"
"Traitor? Treachery?" said Thaman, turning back to them with a malicious, tight-lipped smile. "I shall be known as the saviour of Magicum."
"Heroes!" shouted Alhana, beating her wings to gain height. "To me!"
"Attack!" roared Grannok, leaping into the air after the Queen. Darius drew a sword and charged his horse at the Baron, who side-stepped easily and slashed the animal's chest. Darius leaped from the fallen beast, and brought his sword down at Thaman's unprotected head. The Baron parried. Aergoblins began pouring out of the forest and into the air; Alhana and Darius soon found themselves both surrounded.

Yquellar was not having an easy time of it. His lumbering seige machines were constantly snagging in the tangled growth of the forest floor. He wished irritably that the battle could have been fought in an older part of the forest where there was not so much brush. Of course, the trees themselves would have presented more of a difficulty.
His musings were cut short by a strangled gasp. Spinning, he saw a tree choking one of his Eldwarves. No, not a tree.
"Deamonwood!" he shouted. Catching sight of a green body, he added, "Dryad ambush. Distantly he heard Alhana's cries for help, so he knew that the ambush was not a total failure.

"Fly!" Tanasril urged urgently.
"I can't, I tell you," growled Garelstramin.
"You can and will! Now fly!"
Slowly Garelstramin lifted his bulk out of the ruined lake. The tears in his wings burned like hellfire, and the joints were beginning to ache as well. Still, he obeyed the teratogenitor's compulsive demand. He gained altitude, raising himself above the level of the trees.

"The dragon is flying again," observed Wodenthal to his cousin. "Ready, Toby?"
"Ready," answered the master archer calmly, drawing arrow to cheek. He released, and the shaft flew into the sky. It stuck the dragon, but bounced back to earth.
"Heroes! To me!"
"My sister!" exclaimed Jager, launching himself over their heads.
"Treven, go with him," instructed Wodenthal. "Take as many heroes as you can. We can deal with this by ourselves, if the gods are with us. If not, I doubt the whole army could."
"Yes, uncle," replied the Guildmaster, and he hurried off, gathering up heroes as he went.

Garelstramin snarled as another arrow rebounded from the ridges below his eye.
"Do something, mage!" he hissed.
"Ulp," gasped Tanasril - hardly the reply that his mount expected.
"What's wrong?"
"I - don't know! My magic changed, somehow!"

Raistlin, Archmagus

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2001 10:38 am    Post subject: The Sovereign II Reply with quote Back to top

Alhana flew higher, trying to gain altitude on the strange goblin, to no avail. The thing's wings were as could as hers, and obviously, the thin air did not bother it. Her sword in hand, she struck out at it, the darted back as it parried. She stared at it. Goblins are stupid! How could this one know how to block?
The thing seemed to know what she thought. It started laughing.
"Ah, Your Highness." it sneered. Alhana narrowed her eyes at the comment.
"I am an Aroegoblin. My name is Grannok. And you are as good as dead."
He lashed out with his blade. Alhana blocked just in time, but Grannok was much bigger and stronger then her. He was pushing her downward, making it all the harder to stay flying.
"Jager!" she cried. She knew that if someone didn't come soon, that she very well could be as good as dead.

Jager had taken flight, speeding toward his sister. He had taken the small golden dragon from his pocket.
Please work, he thought. He threw the minature dragon high into the air. It started to plumet.
"WORK!!!" he screamed. There was a flash of white light, then golden shimmering dust. The tiny replica of a dragon burst apart, leaving a fully grown golden dragon. Jager floated their, for just a second. then he heard Alhana scream again. He leaped onto the dragon, folding his wings.
My name is Kayton. came a voice. Jaager looked down at the dragon. You can speak? thought.
Yes, I can. But we must hurry. Your sister is in trouble.
Jager nodded, and they spured toward Alhana.

Alhana was nearly laying down in the air when she heard the roar. She turned, and saw a huge, glittering dragon flying towards her. For one, horrible moment, she thought it was Tanasril. But she realized that nothing as bueatiful as it would serve Tanasril. Her heart leaped as she saw Jager riding.
"Alhana! I'm coming!!"
"Hurry, Jager!"
Grannok stopped trying to press her to the ground when he saw the dragon. Alhana pushed back on him, then fled toward the dragon.
She landed gently on it's back.
Kayton! Alhana thought.
Yes, Highness. I am back. Do you remember me?
Of course! You were my dragon!
"Perhaps you should steer her, then." said Jager. Alhana smiled then mover toward the front. Fire, she thought. Kayton blew fireballs at Grannok, who dodged and flew away, down to his forces.
Then she heard an earsplitting noise. She whipped around on Kayton, and saw the horribly changed dragon on which Tanasril rode flying towards them. Alhana dre her sword.
"Here, take this." she handed Jager the sword.
"But Alhana, this is yours -"
"No. The dragon was meant to be mine. You were meant to have the sword. You must help me Jager. We must deafeat him."
Jager nodded, and they flew onward towards Tanasril.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Raistlin, Archmagus (edited 25 October 2001).]

Raistlin, Archmagus

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2001 4:31 pm    Post subject: The Sovereign II Reply with quote Back to top

They spured the dragon forward, until all that seperated the terateroginator and royals was a couple of feet. They glared at eachother in silence. Finally, Alhana spoke.
"Why?" she called out. Tanasril seemed surprised by the question, then broke out in laughter.
"Why? Why try to destroy Magicum? Why try to kill all Magisrays? Because of something a hirl named Carmen did to me many years ago. I was going to change her, make her so much better then she was." his eyes narrowed. "But she thought herself too good to be changed by me. For that I wil destroy your line; or perhaps, change you." again his laughter came, high and shrill. The noise her the royal's ears.
"Kayton. Forward." Alhana ordered the dragon. As they neared the laughing man, ALhana ducked, and left her brother to swing at the terateroginator. At first it seemed that he would die at the boy's sword point, but the dragon had other ideas. Kayton clawed at Tanasril's dragon as he passed, pivoting to turn on face him. Alhana called on the magic of her family line, forming a ball of energy at the base of her hand. When it reached it's maximum height, Alhana let loose. Tanasril ducked. Alhana cursed, then startred to form another even as she ordered Kayton to go forward. Jager raised his sword. A two-handed blade formed in Tanasril's bony hands.
"I will kill you, Magisray!" he screamed. The two dragons attacked each other. Jager and Tanasril fought. Attaly busied herself with the energy ball, taking spiritfrom everything around her;trees, rocks, plants, even a bit of the humans and monster's energy. At last, she could draw no more power into it. Flying off of Kayton, she raced behind Tanasril, and let the energy ball loose just as Garelstramin's jaws closed on her wrists.

------------------

Raistlin, Archmagus

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2001 9:28 pm    Post subject: The Sovereign II Reply with quote Back to top

Alhana screamed. Toberk loosed. The arrow struck the dragon's long snout, nearly missing Alhana's hands. The arrow bounced back, but the surprised dragon pulled back, leaving Alhana's wrists a little bloody but intact. She could not move her left wrist however. She flew away from the enemy dragon before he could regain his grip.
Jager carried on his furious battle with Tanasril.
"Where is my tiger?" Jager shouted at the man. The terrateroginator cackled.
"You will see him soon boy! Infact, I believe he comes now!" Jager looked beyond the man. What he saw made his arms slack. Tanasril brought his blade down on the boy's head. Jager doged, but the blade bit into his shoulder, leaving a long open gash. Behind the terrateroginator flew something. It was colored golden-orange and black. It had giant black wings protruding from it's bag, and falcon's talons instead of claws. The back of it's head errupted in a crest of feathers. Even though there were changes, Jager recognized the creature instantly: it was Auber. The sight of his pet and companion surged heated anger through his body. He attacked Tanasril with renewed force. The tiger-bird came closer. When it reached them, Jager called out, "Auber! Help me!"
"You're too late boy!" the old mage cackled. "He is mine now!" Tanasril saw Alhana begin to descend to the ground. "After her, Auber!"
Jager looked to see who Tanasril had sent his friend after. When he saw, he screamed out, "No! Alhana, look out!"
Alhana heard him nearly too late. She dodged the thing, it's heavy body moving slowly in the air.
I need a sword! she thought. And idea struck her. If I can call on energy...Mabeye I can call my sword! Stretching out her right hand, she called for the blade in her mind. She concentrated on it. Within seconds, it flew threw the air, landing in her hand. Auber turned to attack her again. Alhana raised her sword.
"Alhana, don't kill him! Please!"
Turning to look at her brother, Alhana nodded. She would defend herself, but she could not kill her sibling's pet.
From the ground, Toberk Silveredge fought to get a clear shot of Tanasril, when he saw the queen fighting a grotesque cross between tiger and bird. Training his arrow on that, he waited until his aim was perfect, and let loose.

------------------

Cooker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2001 9:55 am    Post subject: The Sovereign II Reply with quote Back to top

A battle was take place at same time, at island of dragon kings. The three dragons activated the gateway to the underworld, legends of undead pour forward against best fortification. Black magic lashed out from angry phamtons and wash away all who dare to stand on their way.
Tanasril's force was forced to rush out and denfend, but they are no match to the massive Abominations, the battle soon turned to massive buchery as the undead force cave their way of blood towards the stronghold of Tanasril.

Falotar

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2001 3:10 pm    Post subject: The Sovereign II Reply with quote Back to top

Toberk's aim was perfect. But the winds of the upper air caught the arrow, and, rather than striking in the chest of the beast, it pierced the wing.
"Aubur!" cried Jager. He launch4d himself from Kayton's back, and dived for the misshapen creature.
"No!" shrieked Tanasril. "My creation! Garelstramin, turn! Turn!" With a snarl the great monster poulled himself away from the smaller, golden dragon.
Now Toberk had a clear shot. Taking careful aim - and this time allowing for the wind - he fired. The arrow flew up, it arched, then plummeted down. Into Garelstramin's eye.
Garelstramin felt the shaft enter his eye, and drive deep into his skull. Then his spirit fled, and his abandoned body through itself into wild convulsions. Tanasril, thrown from the dead creature's back, yet kept his presence of mind. He teleported in midair.
Jager was just landing next to the fallen Aubur, when Tanasril landed next to him.
"You!" spat the boy. "Get away from him!"
"On the contrary, he is mine. I changed him. I improved him. Not you, not anyone else!"
"Improved him? Tortured him! Ruined him!"
Tanasril opened his mouth to reply. But his twisted face suddenly faced. He stumbled backward. "My wards!" he mumbled to himself. "They are broken. My fortress..."

------------------
G!

Raistlin, Archmagus

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2001 8:22 pm    Post subject: The Sovereign II Reply with quote Back to top

Seeing the tiger-bird drop, Alhana looked down. Seeing Toberk on the ground, she sighed. Looking around her, she saw Garelstramin tear away from Kayton, then convulse as an arrow tore threw it's eye. She watched Tanasril drop, and disapear. Looking around wildly, she spotted both her brother and the hated mage on the ground. Gripping her sword firmly, she raced toward the ground.
Jager saw her. Glancing up at her, and back at Tanasril, then up again, he alerted Tanasril of her plans, When she was less than a yard away from him, he teleported, but only a short distance. The two-handed blade still in the terrateroginator's grip, He blocked Alhana's attack. He blocked again. And again. Alhana attacked so viciously, so ferociously, that Tanasril had no time but the ward off her attacks.
Jager turned from their battle, and raced toward Auber. Carefully he took the arrow from the beast's wing, then moved to look for other rooms. With a noise that sounded much like a groan, Auber rolled to his side, then tried to stand, but toppled to the ground on a hurt paw. When Jager reached for the aflicted paw, Auber gace a menacing snarl, baring his teeth. Jager pulled his hand away quickly. Reaching again, slowly, he took the tiger-bird's paw in a gentle hand. Auber growled, and snarled, but could not bring himself to move. Taring a peice of cloth from his tunic, he took a few strong twigs sitting nearby, and quickly constructed a brace of sorts. Placing the twigs on Auber's paw, he said gently, "This'll hurt, boy. Try not to rip to shreds, allright?"
Tying the cloth half way around the twigs, he took a breath, and snapped the twigs together, putting Auber's paw straight. The beast howled in pain, but restrained from tearing into Jager. Tying the remainder of the cloth tightly, he tied it off, then told the tiger-bird gently, "Try to stand now, Auber. You can do it, come on..." he coaxed. Slowly, the beast stood, wobbling at first, but allright for the most part. A cry of, "You wretch!" came from Alhana as she battled with Tanasril. Seeing this, Jager picked up the blade that had fallen from his hand, and made to help his sister. Auber bit into his breeches, holding him back. Turning, Jager looked at his one-time tiger. The tiger nudged his legs, making him fall onto the beast's back. Auber flapped his wings once, waiting for Jager to move his legs.
"Auber, your paw is hurt, you can't-" the tiger-bird flapped it's wing's impatiently, acompanied by a low growl. SMiling slightly, Jager tucked his legs behind his friend's wings. Auber jumped into the air, his powerful wings lifting them high above the fighting figures. With a snarl, Auber tucked his wings back and droped.
Alhana, busy trying to keep the mage from attacking, had not seen any of this. Bringing her blade up high, she struck again and again, only to find Tanasril's blade in her way. Hearing a snarl, Alhana looked up, thinking her brother's friend was attacking. Instead, she saw him riding the beast. So dazed was she, that Tanasril took the oppurtunity. Alhana barley blocked in time, and Tanasril lifted his blade, leaving a long and shallow gash on her arm.
As Jager closed in on the man, he raised his sword and jumped off of Auber. Auber likewise lifted his claws and pulled his lips back in a snarl. Alhana raised her blade, And brought it down with the other two, hoping that one of them would strike flesh.

------------------

Falotar

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2001 9:09 pm    Post subject: The Sovereign II Reply with quote Back to top

Tanasril fell back under the triple onslaught. Pain shot through his back, where the talons of his creation ha ripped into his hump. He continued to fight, but he was now at a severe disadvantage. Also, the bond between him and his distant fortress was weakening, and the knowledge that his home should be captured by unknown enemies distracted him.
A blow from Jager bit into his sword arm. He let his arm fall, but at, at the same time, brought up his other hand. Three gouts of fire shot forth, blasting into his opponents. Alhana fell back with a scream; the tiger-bird yowled in agony. Then, Tanasril felt something. A sudden tightening in the ether winds, that was all; but he knew he could no longer cast magic. The bond to his fortress snapped.
"No!!!" he cried. He stumbled backward, into a clearing. And there, he saw his world collapsing. Neowolves fought each, those who had deserted him outnumbering the loyal five to one. The aergoblins were being beaten back on the ground by a thin Warrior carrying a platinum steel blade. Baron Thaman, the traitor, was being born down by a man of immense girth, also wearing a baron's insignia. Beside the fat noble, a lean archer was shooting the aergoblins still he flight. And Eldwarves, those still standing, were hemmed around by Daemonwood and Dryads. All this, with the sudden loss of his spells and his home, was too much for the teratogenitor. He screamed, put all his energy into a final spell, and cast it. And collapsed.

The spell was successful. Far beneath the earth, the Verm was suddenly galvanized. It shot up through the layers of soil.

Raistlin, Archmagus

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2001 3:13 pm    Post subject: The Sovereign II Reply with quote Back to top

Alhana flew backwards, blacking out for a minute. When she shook herself awake, she could smell her leather armor burning. Quickly she ripped off the jacket, fling it to the ground and stomping on it. The smell of singed fur reached her nose and she looked around for her brother and his pet. Seeing the tiger-bird, she went to it. One of his side's was burned badly, smoking slightly. The beast seemed unconcious. She left it alone, knowing if she woke him, he would be in pain. A few yards away, she saw her brother, sprawled on the ground. She ran to him, lips white with fear.
If Tanasril's killed him, he'll die by my hands - not, of course, before he's suffered intense pain...
Seeing Jager take a breath, she sighed releif. Shaking him, he came to.
"Where's Tanasril?" he growled.
"I don't know. I think he stumbled into the clearing over there." Picking up their swords, they walked to the clearing. Seeing what was happening, they smiled slightly. Glancing around, Alhana saw Wodenthal keeping close watch on Baron Thaman. He wont be a baron much longer, Alhana thought savegly, her eyes gleaming. At the same time, Jager spotted the crumpled form of Tanasril. Pointing this out to his sister, he said, "You go deal with Thaman. I'll keep watch on him while you're busy." Alhana nodded, striding off towards the two barons. An Aerowgoblin swooped down on her. With out so much as glancing at it, she turned and ran him through with her sword. She kept walking. Reaching Wodenthal she smiled tirdley at him, then turned to Thaman.
"Traitor." she spat at him. He glared up at her murder in his eyes.
"You treacherous feind. What in all of Ardainia were you thinking? No, wait, don't answer that, I already know. Gold. Am I mistaken?" Thaman made to reply, but Wodenthal kicked him gently but firmly in the stomach. Alhana's eyes glinted. "As I thought." she turned from him, going towards Tanasril. Thaman made wild lunge for her, gripping her neck, choking her. Fighting panic and the urge to breath, she stopped fighting, and calmly jabbed her elbow into Thaman's chest. His grip losened considerably, Alhana took his hands, pulling them away from her throat. Twisting them to the point of breaking, She turned and shover her knee into his gut. The baron slumped to the ground in pain. Wodenthal restricted him with a nod to Alhana. She turned toward her brother, wandering what to do with Tanasril, when she heard a rumbling. The ground trembled, knocking everyone to the ground. Looking above the trees, Jager saw a worm like head rise from the ground. His stomach knotted as he reckognized the monster that had distroyed his home.
"Magicum!" Alhana cried out. "It's attacking Magicum!"

------------------

Cooker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2001 6:07 am    Post subject: The Sovereign II Reply with quote Back to top

The Island of Dragon Kings ...

The archons have reached the alter sucessfully and without notice, by shapeshifting into dreaded phamtons. The real phamtons, rushed forwards towards the ruin of the fortress without taking the slightest notice.

The sky was lit up when the tree archons placed the sphere of power into the alter. The phatons turned to chase, only to be blocked by a invisible wall of force. A fire storm burst out of the alter and a column of light shot into the dark cloud above the island.

Raistlin, Archmagus

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2001 10:23 pm    Post subject: The Sovereign II Reply with quote Back to top

Alhana looked frantically from Magicum to Tanasril. Finally, she yelled out to the heroes.
"Quickly, to Magicum!" Someone called out, asking what to do with their prisoners. Alhana bit her lip and looked around. A dryad, followed by a hundred or more deamonwood emerged from the forest. They dryad stopped before Alhana and bowed slightly. Alhana returned the gesture; she knew the dryad well - it was her Aunt Krilla, queen of the dryads.
"We will guard your prisoners," she said in a flowery voice. "For you must protect Magicum from destruction." With a nod, Alhana turned and ran to the edge of the forest, every last hero following her. Reaching the edge of Magicum, she gripped her blade firmly in her hand, Jager doing the same beside her. A shadow passed over them. Alhana looked up and saw Kayton hovering over her. Alhana smiled slightly, then turned to face the monstrus beast attacking her home. As she watched it destroy buildings, anger surged through her body. Her nostrils flared as she raised her blade, and, without a word, ran towards the monsters. With a cry, The people of Magicum ran after her, even the peasents, blacksmiths, and other workers joined into the fray. As one they attacked. As sword, mace, daggers, arrows, and magic bit into the thing's flesh, it turned away from destroying buildings, and gave it's attentions to the heroes. With a swipe of it's tail it threw twenty soldiers against a building. Alhana whispered a spell over her's and Jager's blade, Then, as one, they bit into the Verm. Light flashed, and green, acrid smelling blood, with the ability to burn as acid oozed from the wound. Alhana bit back a cry of pain as a droplet fell onto her hand. Giving a feirce warcry, she raised her blade and bit in again. The thing screeched and flew her and Jager against a wall. They rose, hundreds of wizards, warriors, rangers, solari, priestesses, monks, cultists, rogues, monks, healers, adepts, and barbarians thundered along behind them, weapons raised. Rangers and elves stationed themselves within bow range of the Verm. the others, warriors in front, charged the thing, Alhana leading them. With a loud cry, thousands of weapons tore into the Verm.

------------------

Falotar

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 11:22 pm    Post subject: The Sovereign II Reply with quote Back to top

The gigantic creature thrashed about in agony. The surrounding heroes were thrown helter-skelter, to land stunned against ruined buildings or on the ground. The Verm, after these convulsions, moved on again slowly towards the Palace. The heroes, prone where they fell, could do nothing. All seemed lost, in spite of the victory over the teratogenitor. But help often comes from unexpected places.
In this case, it came from the Palace. Emperor Tarmyln and his tattered army had been billeted there, and now they poured forth to defend this bastien. The Verm, already wounded terrlibly, could not withstand this. It thrashed about as blows, spells, and arrows rained down upon it, laying out many of the Northerners, but in the end, going as limp as string itself.
"Now," said Alhana grimly, "We can deal with that man."

Alhana, Jager, Tarmyln, Wodenthall, Darius, and Juster stood on one side of a large field, surrounded by heroes and neowolves. The Dryad Queen Krilla had been killed; her daughter, Erriathrillia, also stood by with her Dryads. Across from them stood the aergoblins, Eldwarves and the remnant of neowolves who fought for Tanasril, disarmed and guarded. The archmage himself stood several paces in front of his broken army, flanked by his lieutenants. Their hands (and, in Grannok's case, their wings) were bound, and two Palace Guards watched over each.
"So," sneered Tanasril, "the upstarts have somehow triumphed. But not by themselves, I notice. Had to call in foreign aid, and monsters, and even traitors from my army. Very brave and noble."
"Silence," boomed Wodenthall.
"We are not traitors, mage," snarled Juster.
"Listen, Tanasril!" called Jager. His wings, and his sister's, had disappeared; the town was safe enough now. "Restore these men to their proper forms, and Auber as well."
"Or what?" sneered the mage. "You wil kill me? But you will kill me anyway; I am too dangerous to be set free. Or will you torture me? My body has been bent all my life, it will not hurt me to have it bent a little more. And do not think to bribe me. I would not undo my handiwork for the wealth of gods and men!"
"Then you must die," said Tarmyln.
"Wait!" cried Tanasril as he was grasped by his guards. "I will do it, on this condition: let me go free! Let me depart, with my magic, and I will transform these ungrateful beings back to their former shape."
"Will you swear never to trouble us again?" asked Tarmyln sharply. Tanasril laughed hysterically.
"You would like that, wouldn't you? But I am not such a fool. I take no vows. You will, however. swear under a spell of binding that you will release me, and I will do what is necessary. And do not try to cheat me; although I cannot command the ether winds myself, I know when and how they are used. Do you accept my offer?"

[ 27 August 2002, 12:11 AM: Message edited by: Falotar ]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> 1001 Ardanian Nights All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: