Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

The Sovereign II
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> 1001 Ardanian Nights
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cooker

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2001 11:50 pm    Post subject: The Sovereign II Reply with quote Back to top

Southern Coast, Dragon's Cliff ...

Deep within a cave, an old wizard is going though ancient volumes that no mortal would understand. Its mind is fleashing ad an unthinkable rate.
"I sense horror , destruction, suffering ..."

The wizard sighted, the breath came out of its mouth frozed into white fog, when the fog subsided, He muttered ...
"Something, is imposing, is iminant , is ...."

The wizard sighted again, then he poised himself as light in front of him started to flash, image of a book appeared ...
" Thansformation and manupliation of Creatures by ..."

The wizard paused, the light deemed away. A ring of light appeared in front of him, then he dispeared into the portal
"Our favor, will bring justice !"

Above sea of Southern ardaina, ethernal wind blew gentally, The dragons cleared their nests as the sun jump above the horozon ...

"Once again, the wheel is poised to turn ..."

[This message has been edited by Cooker (edited 28 September 2001).]

Raistlin, Archmagus

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2001 4:08 pm    Post subject: The Sovereign II Reply with quote Back to top

At the same time, somewhere north of Magicum, a young boy walked through a forest, his pet tiger at his side. Jager laid his hand on Aubur's back. Jager was fifteen, no more then a boy. He had taken the ocupation of a rogue when he was ten, the only job the he had been told he was cut out for. Being an orphan, Jager didn't have much choice as to where he worked. Jager had been found wandering in the streets, his tiger at his side. Jager was five when he was found, all memory of his life wiped from his mind. He was sent to the local orphanage, and raised there.
Though he was a rogue, he held himself so tall and straight that if he were to put on any decent clothes, people would mistake him for royalty. When he was young, Jager had been tormented by his fellows in the orphanage because of the way he held himself.
As Jager walked, he came upon a varg. Aubur padded out in front of it's master, and started to claw at the varg as Jager pulled out his crossbow and shot at it. His aim was superb; one shot and it fell.
His black hair fell to his shoulders. The edges were coulored blonde. His skin was tan from long hours of working in the sun. And his eyes...His eyes were truly remarkable. He had worked hard ever since he knew what his eyes looked like to keep them white. Whenever he was scared, or felt threatened, he would cleverly mask his face to show none of his emotions. The only thing that betrayed him was his eyes. His eyes would change with his mood, yellow when he was scared, redish when he felt angered or threatened.
Aubur stopped suddenly and growled. The growl soon turned into a roar.
"What is it Aubur?" he asked. Then Jager heard a faint rustling, slowly getting louder. He pulled out his crossbow, expecting a hellbear. Sudenly, Aubur ramed into him, knocking him to the side, pushing him, trying to take him out of the forest. Jager was pushed out through the forest, just in time. Right where he had been standing, a giant thing came slithering through the forest.Jager was to stunned to move. It was truly fortunate that Aubur was with him. Aubur kept pushing him, clawing him at times when he wouldn't move. Aubur pushed Jager out of the forest, and away from where the thing was heading. Jager collapsed against a tree, trying to understand what he just saw. What was that? he thought. That's when he heard the screams. He jumped up and headed for his town. When he reached it, he found it entirley desimated, the thing slithering away from it. Jager waited till it was out of sight, and then ran to where the rogues guild had once stood. He dropped to his knees, and picked up rubble in his hands. All he once knew...He stood, then walked to where the palace had been, then the orphanage. He was filled with anger for a moment, but then felt nothing. He had not been close to anyone here. It was a vagabond town. He had no relations here, no friends. For as long as he could remember, Jager had always wanted to leave, to see other places. Well, now was as good a time as any. Still, all those people dead...Before he left, Jager vowed that someday, when he was strong, that he would find the monster that destroyed his town, and would avenge all the people who died.
With Aubur by his side, Jager took the few things he could find that were not destroyed by the thing, and headed out for the closest town: a place called Magicum...

------------------
Raistlin, Archmagus of the hour glass eyes

I will do this. Nothing in my life matters except this. No moment in my life exists except this moment. I am born in this moment, and if I fail, I will die in this moment.- Raistlin Majere

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Cooker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2001 2:58 am    Post subject: The Sovereign II Reply with quote Back to top

Southern Coast : Cave of the dragons ...

"It looked like all will be lost within days , without our intervention ..."

"T'ran, there are reasons in your fear, Fourtune is in our favour, however, I have planed a head."
The elder paused, the orb again flared alife, showing various activity of the hive.
"Your clan, aid with my illusion spell, will look as two clans in action, while we are out there, This group will give our enemy an halusination of all our forces ..."

Center Ardania : Magicum
The townfolks' hearts was filled with increasing fear as winds of ether hover above them, their splender winds now cover the town and cast away sun's light. The Queen, was alone without fear. In her royal libary, she was attempting to impritate what she heard in her dream just days ago:
"Once Again, The wheel is poised to turn ..."

Falotar

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2001 10:16 am    Post subject: The Sovereign II Reply with quote Back to top

Tanasril was holding another war council, when he was disturbed by a cracking sound. He leaped up and outside, followed by Grannok, Yquellar, and Devit.
"What is it?" asked Grannok uneasily. He was shifting his bulk from foot to foot; if Tanasril didn't know better, he would have the aergoblin was afraid.
"I don't know," said Devit doubtfully. "Something strange, by the smell-"
"The smell!" cried Tanasril like a madman. "Garelstramin!" He ran off to where the monster lay. "Garelstramin!"
he hiuge creature opened one baleful eye. "What?" he rumbled.
"The camp is about to be attacked! You are the only one-" The crackling grew abruptly louder, and the Verm burst into the clearing.
Stones were pushed aside and timber snapped as the Verm pushed its way through the wall. Garelstramin needed no further urging; he took off with Tanasril clingly to the saddle.
The Verm began destroying the camp, sliding around apparently aimlessly while buildings and tents were smashed to the ground.
"Kill it!" shrieked the teratogenitor. "It's just a giant earthworm! Kill it!" Before any of the ground forces could move to obey, Garelstramin spewed his fire at it.
The white-hot gout hit the Verm squarely in the head. The thing reaered up, looking for all the world like a wick removed from the candle. A wick the burned rapidly. It dived again, burrowing deep into the earth.

Raistlin, Archmagus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2001 9:06 pm    Post subject: The Sovereign II Reply with quote Back to top

The road was a long and easy one for Jager. His skill with the crossbow and Aubur helped to keep away monsters, but the ones that were either brave enough or stupid enough to attack him served as food.
Around midday, Jager stopped and sat against a tree for lunch. He pulled out a salted peice of varg meat and tosed it to Aubur.
"Make sure you eat it all, don't waste it. 'Use what you have when you have it' I always say. I have a feeling that we might be living on earth food and bread for a bit." he said to Aubur. The two had a strange bonding;They were so close, and had been together for so many years that they had come to understand eachother. Aubur had helped Jager to the town when Jager had very nearly died in the streets; from which he could recall none of. In a strange way, Aubur had helped Jager to remeber his past, to remember the five years that seemed to him erased from existence. All he could remeber now, after years of being alone in the town, Vagdar, he had come to see things in his dreams. One of the most vivid he could remember was one of standing on a lush green hill, a woman and man standing above him, the man holding a baby girl. The girl's eyes were a bright and shining green, and she was looking everywhere. She was gigling incesently, as the man was tickling her little foot. He remebered himself as a little boy;he could have been no more then three or four. Another dream(or memory?), a not so pleasent dream, had been one taking place at night. He had been five at the time, lying in bed, when he had been rudley awakened and...Well, he had always woken up from this dream before it was finished. He suspected that some distant memory woke him up, not wanting the same thing to happen again.
Jager sat, trying for the umpteenth time to understand his past. Memories came in broken fragments, in bits and peices. Nothing seemed to go together...
Aubur nudged him. Jager looke dup, not realising who it was at first. Then he sighed.
"Yes, I suppose you're right Aubur. Now is not the time to be thinking of the past." he stood up, and put his hand on the tiger's back.
"Come Aubur, we still have a while before we reach Magicum."

------------------

I will do this. Nothing in my life matters except this. No moment in my life exists except this moment. I am born in this moment, and if I fail, I will die in this moment.- Raistlin Majere

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
The Archmage

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2001 9:43 am    Post subject: The Sovereign II Reply with quote Back to top

Draskar was in the Tower of the Rekc'Art when he felt the release of magic. He went immediatly to his Seeing Crystal. The Seeing Crystal had been created a couple years ago with the combined power of Draskar's magic and the magic of the Rekc'Dar Staff. The Seeing Crystal allowed Draskar to view anything in Ardania and it also allowed him to cast a limited amount of spells on things through the Seeing Crystal.
Summoning his magic, the Seeing Crystal soon focused on the giant Verm, rearing the air, fighting the black dragon. The Verm then disappeared into the earth and appeared a little later.
"The Verm," Draskar said quietly to himself. "I must have accidently released it. This could prove to be an emormous asset to the distruction of the cursed Magicum. Maybe if I helped it a bit..."
Draskar began weaving his powerful magic. First he healed the wounded head of the Verm. Then he cast a powerful Fire Shield around the monster to keep the fire from burning it again. Then he began making it stronger. He also added a little pain to fuel its rage. He going to modify the monster's brain when he came to an astonishing conclusion: the Verm had no brain. The brain was gone and had been replaced by some sort of instinct. An instinct created by an unknown magic. An ancient, evil magic. Forgetting the brain modification idea, Draskar released his power, stopped the Seeing Crystal, and nearly colasped in exaustion. Modifying creatures took a lot of energy.
"Lets see that dragon fight the Verm now," Draskar hissed softly.

+++++++++

Warder came awake with a start. In the last few days Warder had regained almost all of his strength and today was the day that he would leave. But something had awoken him. Magic. It was a familar magic. Deathly familar. Warder scrambled out of bed, grabbed his cloak and Sword and began walking toward the door. The Healer, Sister Amiena, was just opening the door to check on her patient.
"What are you doing?" she asked. "You need your rest-"
Warder cut her off with a wave of his hand.
"Something has happened and I must leave. Get me the fastest horse you can find."
"But-"
"No time!" snapped Warder. "I've played your foolish games long enough. Now find me a horse!"
Sister Amiena turned and walked downt he hall, with Warder following her.

Twenty minutes later, Warder was riding fast. Following the direction of the magic trail. Toward Magicum...

Warder traveled a good two hours before he could see the city of Magicum, where the magic trail had been close to. He was close now. Very close. And if he was right, all of Ardania would be in danger.

Trees lay everywhere, broken and uprooted. Something big had pasted through here. Something-
CRRASSHHHH!!
Suddenly the ground disappeared under him. Warder jumped off the horse and landed on the ground. Unfortunatly, his mount wasn't that lucky. The horse disappeared into the great hole. Now it made sense. Warder's mind quickly put a couple facts together. The Verm had returned. But he was closer to the magic trail. He walked a short distance and then he found it. There in the clearing, where another hole was, was the magic trail. Warder frowned. The all-to-familar trail just appeared and then disappeared. How could that be? Warder shook his head. He didn't have time. If his suspicions where correct, he would have to get to Magicum immediately.

++++++++++

Queen Alhana was sitting in the library, reading and thinking when suddenly the door to the library banged open.
Alhana stood up and reached for her dagger on her side. There, standing in the doorway, was a man in a long cloak.
The man looked at her with his piercing eyes. "The guards said I would find the Queen here. Where is she?"
Alhana raised her dagger and said with a tone of authority, "I am the Queen. Queen Alhana."
The man looked at with disgust, "Your a little girl."
Alhana felt here face go hot. Who was this man that he could say that about her?
"I am the-"
"ALHANA!"
Alhana looked past the door and saw Darius standing there, crossbow in his hand.
"No, Darius! Don't shoot!"
Too late. Darius had heard enough from this man and clearly didn't like him. The crossbow bolt fired at the stranger.
Then the bold shattered into the little pieces of wood and stone. The figure turned to Darius and gestered with his hand. Darius when flying into the wall, pinned there.
"Darius!" said Alhana. "You let him go!"
The figure turned calmly to her, "I don't have time to play games with children acting like adults. Assemble your advisors together, assuming you have some. I have something important to say."
"Who are you? Why should I listen to you?!" demaned the Queen of Magicum.
The man started walking away, "Ardania depends on it, little girl. Assemble your advisors. I'll be waiting."

Raistlin, Archmagus

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2001 4:10 pm    Post subject: The Sovereign II Reply with quote Back to top

Alhana stood speechless, staring after the man. Then she turned her attention to Darius.
"Darius!" she cried. She ran to him, and dropped to her knees.
"Are you all right?"
He had landed heavily on his left arm when he dropped. "I can't move my arm." he said.
"Don't move." Allhana said. "I'll call for a healer." she saw a palace guard walking there way, and called for him. "Find a healer quickly!" she cried.
"Yes Your Majesty" he said as he ran off obidiently.
"Alhana," whispered Darius through teeth gritted in pain. "That man...I think I recognize him. A book I once read....but it couldn't be possible, it was over a hundred years ago..."
"Darius, who was he?"
"A Rekc'Art. Warder, I think. He helped save Magicum hundreds of years ago. If he says it's important, you should go now. I will be fine; the healer will be here soon."
"Darius...Are you sure?"
"Yes. Go!"
Hesitating for a moment, Alhana ran off in search of Alcarioth; and Warder.

"Alcarioth!" Alhana yelled as she saw him. Quickly, she related what had happened.
"I beleive he might have gone to the throne room. He doesn't beleive I'm queen." she said, slightly annoyed.
"Well, as long as Darius has been tended to...Well, let's go. Doesn't think you're queen, eh? Well, we'll show him. Do you know who he is?"
"He is a Rekc'Art, at least that's what Darius said. Said his name was Warder."
"Warder! But he must have died in the palace..."
"What are you talking about?"
"Warder." said Alcarioth. "Warder was a Rekc'Art, hundreds of years ago. He helped to rescue Queen Carmen I, and teloported all of Magicum's heroes outside of the imperial palace, you know the one, you've heard the legend."
"Yes, yes I remeber...but why is he here? And how could he posibly be alive?"
"That is something you must ask him, Your Majesty."
Alhan lapsed into silent thought, wondering what could be so wrong that Warder would come here. What could be wrong now? What catastrophie has struck Magicum?

------------------

Falotar

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2001 6:17 pm    Post subject: The Sovereign II Reply with quote Back to top

Tnasril stalked up and down inside his command tent, which had been hastily constructed after the Verm's assault. Actually, he lurched rather than stalked. Three pairs of eyes; one black, one brown, and one yellow watched his pacings uneasily. Finaly the archmage turned on them.
"Do yuo mean to say that a third of my army deserted?" he snarled at last in his high-pitched, cracking voice.
"Yes, Master," whimpered Devit. The other two, Yquellar and Grannok, licked their lips nervously. They expected some of Tnasril's wrath to fall on them as well, and they were not disappointed.
"You! How could you have let them run off?" he demanded of Grannok, who shivered visibly even though he was taller sitting than Tanasril was standing.
"I-I was paying attention to my aergoblins, Master," he stammered. "I didn't notice the neowolves had left you-"
"Enough! Yquellar, I suppose you have the same excuse?"
"Yes, Master," the Eldwarf replied meekly.
"Very well. What's past is past. Devit-"
"Master!" said another Eldwarf, flinging aside the tent flap. "A man is here to see you!"
"A man?" all four said in united shock. Then Tanasril commanded "Send him in."
"Yes Master. Master," he intoned, drawing aside the flap grandly, "may I introduce Baron Daric Thaman, Lord of Thaman's Point." The teratogenitor and his creatures gasped as the Baron, thin and gaunt, ducked into the tent. He eyed the hastily vacated seat of Devit with distaste, and remained standing.
"Welcome, Baron," saidTanasril, shock tinging his voice. "Tell me, why did you come?"
"Several days ago, my scouts reported a large army of strange creatures had entered the area. After much consideration, I decided that Magicum could never stand against such a force, and so decided to join it."
"You wish to join me? How do you intend to benefit?"
"After you have despoiled the city and gone elsewhere, I would ask that you make me king there."
"Agreed, but my main purpose is to capture the Queen, Alhana."
"I will deliver her into your hand."
"Good." The two men shook hands,, then the Baron departed. Tanasril looked at his commanders and smiled. Things were finally going his way.

"Cousin," called Toberk's voice, "i think you should see this."
"What now?" grumbled Wodenthall as he heaved himself from his chair. He went out to the balcony, where his cousin stood, and he gasped. "Great gods! What in Krypta's name is that?"
"They appear to be black werewolves," replied Toberk, "but they are not hostile. One of them, the Commander he calls himself, wishes to speak with you."
"Who ever heard of an Ardanian noble talking with a monster?" sputtered Wodenthall.
"Still, cousin, I advise it - he says he brings news of an attack on Magicum."
"Very well."

Juster looked around the tiny audience chamber. Seated across from him was a fat man who named himself Baron Wodenthall, ruler of this place. The Baron spoke first.
"Well, werewolf, why have you come here and what do you want of me?"
Juster spread his hands - or rather, his claws. "It is neowolf, Baron, not werewolf. Once I was a man, Sir Juster Silveredge-" he noticed a queer expression pass across Wodenthall's face-"a Warrior in the town of Windhaven. I was captured with the rest of my townsmen by the minions of an evil person. By Wizardry and torture, he gave me my present shape."
"Go on."
"He thought to make us fight for him. But his camp was attacked by a giant worm, and in the confusion, we escaped. Some stayed behind, either too fearful to come or hoping to win spoils from this madman's conquests; but the rest are - were - good men. Tanasril may have changed our bodies, but he didn't change our minds and spirits. We now wish to help the kingdom he seeks to hurt."
"Ahhh," said the Baron, his huge face splitting into a smile. "Your aid will be welcome, Juster - Silveredge? - yours and your friends." Again that expression passed over his face. "You may not look human, but I think I can still trust you."
Juster extended his hand - claw. Wodenthal hesitanted an instant, then shook it warmly. Juster felt something he had not ever hoped to feel again: acceptance by another man.
"Now," said the Baron, rising his great bulk from his chair, "we must warn the Queen."

Cooker

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2001 4:23 am    Post subject: The Sovereign II Reply with quote Back to top

Alhana 's Palace, Hellfire moutains
======

A palace guard strode in just as the royalties entered the throne room, he reported three wizards in exotic dress were waiting outside the gates. When we was given the order "We need all help we can", he rushed away immidatily.

Warder was on guard as soon as he heard the discribtion of the wizards. He felt weird since he could not detect them though his sense.

The three wizards then flout though the closed door like phantoms, the royal adivsior droped his mouth open due to the suprise.

The warder is even more worried, he sensed formation of an massive magical barrier, then again, he sensed nothing.

The room was filled with silence, outside the palace, Winds of the arriving dragons covered sky and shade away sun's glory.

Air flashed in the middle of the room, reviewing the situations all over the ardaina. There was silence, but all could easily feel the telpathy resound in the chamber.

"Once Again ... The Wheel ... Is poised ... To turn"

Command tent of the wizard, Hellfire moutains.
=====

A erogoblin rushed into the tend with gasp:
"Sir, there are ... There are ... Ahead."
The goblin then droped to his knees, then clapsed.

Raistlin, Archmagus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2001 7:29 am    Post subject: The Sovereign II Reply with quote Back to top

Alhana had just stepped into her throne room, head held high, to find
Warder there, seemingly looking out the window. As she neared,
Warder's head snapped around to look at her. He frowned.
"I told you, I wanted to speak with the queen, not a little girl
pretending to be."
Alcarioth stepped forward angrily. "She is the queen man! Speak
your biusness or leave."
Warder eyed Alhana unlikingly, then said,
"Girl, are you familiar with an old mage named Tanasril? A twisted
man, with a twisted mind and soul?"
Alhana was about to say no, but closed her mouth quickly. She remebered
something...she couldn't have been more then two or three, but she
remembered it clearly. There had been yells, scared yells of a child.
There had also been horrible faces...the memory was so broken, had been
tampered with...A man...A twisted man...With a horrible face...
Finally Alhana looked up, and said, "I think I have heard of him. Why?"
"Have you heard of a man named Draskar? Or Warder?"
"You are Warder, and no, I have not heard of a man named Draskar. Why?"
"There is a powerful creature coming here, a thing called a Verm. It is powerful, extremly-"
Just then Baron Wodenthal walked in, a werewolf at his side.
Alhana drew her sword.
"Wodenthal! The werewolf, lookout!"
"Highness, this is not a werewolf. He is a neo-wolf- but, ah, let him tell you the story."
Alhana turned to the neo-wolf, sword still in hand. "Well?" she asked.
"The neo-wolf bowed politley, then said, "Majesty, I am a neo-wolf, a monster created by a twisted terateroginator, by the name of Tanasril. He created us, thinking that he would rule us. But we were smarter then his other creations, and would be ruled by no one. We have come here, because he plans to do ill to this kingdom;we wish to stop him. We have come to join you, if you'll have us."
Alhana stared at him a moment, then finally sheathed her sword. "You say 'we'. There are more of you?"
"Fifty are so. And we are powerful. Very powerful."
"Yes. Yes, you are welcome. It seems I can trust you." She held out her hand to shake the neo-wolf's."What is your name?"
the neo-wolf shook her hand. "I am Sir Juster Silveredge. I thank you. We will do all we can to help you."
Alhana nodded, then turned back to Warder.
"As you were saying?"
"I was saying, that an excrutiatingly strong monster, a Verm, is headed for your town."
"What do you mean?" asked Alhana sharply.
"I mean, that if you do not act now, then Magicum is doomed. And now that you know of Tanasril, you should be quite careful of him as well." Warder disapeared at that, leaving his audience in stunned silence. Alhana turned to the others.
"It seems as if we have much preporation if we intend to keep Magicum healthy. Alcarioth, have the herald anounce to the heros that we will not be marching to Volencia. We must train, and train hard. From what I heard, this Verm is too powerful for our heros to take on now. And this Tanasril..." she lapsed into silence, thinking.
Tanasril...I know him, but from where? There was a little boy, and I was only two or three at the time, but a twisted face...
Alhana tried desperatly to remember, to remember anything. All she could recall was a young boy of about five, and yells. She had climbed out of bed to see what was going on. She had run to a room;but who's? In the room, she saw a bent man, with a twisted face...The boy had told her to run, and run she did. She ran fast, heading for her room. She woke up the next morning not knowing what had happened the night before;someone had tampered with her memory. She had fogotten almost all of it over the years, but now she remembered, she wished she could remember it all...
"Highness?" came Alcarioth's worried voice.
Alhana looked up, and said, "Never mind Tanasril. Go tell the herald Alcarioth."
She then turned to Wodenthal and Juster.
"Wodenthal, you and Juster must help to train all the heros. Get all of the Silveredges and the rest of the heros and start training."
Alhana turned to the window as the rest left.
She leaned against the pane and looked out across her town.
Why? she asked. Why can't I remember? Why can't I remember who the boy was? Why would someone tamper with my memory?
She sighed, then turned to go to her room. She needed to put on her armor and go to train with her heroes.

------------------

Raistlin, Archmagus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2001 8:00 am    Post subject: The Sovereign II Reply with quote Back to top

As Jager neared the edge of the forest, he heard a noise. Taking out his crossbow, he edged toward the end. He looked out, and saw a a hunched man shaking hands with a gaunt man. He stepped on a dry twig. It snapped.
Jager froze, closing his eyes, he hissed, "Aubur, get back! Stay back!"
When he opened his eyes again, he saw the guant man standing in front of him. Jager stared at him. The man grabbed his wrist, and pulled him out into what Jager now saw was a makeshift camp.
"Look what I found." said the man. The hunchback turned, and Jager collapsed. The man's face was twisted, his face contorted in gruesome shape. JAger strugled to his feet, trying to pull away from the man, but his grip was surprisingly strong.
"Let me go." He told them. "Or you will need a whole lot of healers."
The man laughed, and took his crossbow. "And what are you going to do boy, stare at me with those strange eys until I let you go?"
Jager quickly made sure that his eyes were white, then shouted calmly, "Auber!!" The tiger came running out of the forest at his call.
"By the Gods!" cried the man. His grip loosened in his surprise, and Jager pulled free. He ran to Aubur who was growling at the two men. His eyes flashed red, then faded to blue. He laid his hand on Aubur's back. Let us walk free of here and no one will be hurt. My crossbow, if you please."
The hunched man made a gesture with his hand.
"You wont be going anywhere Magisray."
"Magisray?" was all he had time to ask before he was hit over the head, falling to the ground, with a knocked out Aubur at his side.

------------------

Cooker

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2001 8:55 am    Post subject: The Sovereign II Reply with quote Back to top

The second day, the camp of Tanasril was under massive attack by a herd of "reckless dragons" Many creatures felt in the intense hellfire of the dragons, to all their surpises, their weapon go though those dragons just if they are made of thin air.

Tanasril's camp, hellfire mountains:
Another goblin came and reported the situation, it has been grim, the held of dragons that appeared from nowhere has lifted the siege on the city of Ahara and the Dyard forest. And to make it worse, it seemed there are no way to destory any of them.

"Sir ... How do we beat things that don't die, sir ? They are ..."

Tanasril stood suddently, and looked carefully in his vision crystal, He saw nothing.

Then he worried

In the warrior guild, the warriors are exited about the forcoming challenge, arrival of the dragons and the the Warder.
The chatter subsided as the queen entered at her full suit of armor:

"Gentlemen , the war, has began ..."
By there suprise, a voice, came from nowhere, cut her voice
"No, the war has never ended ..."

By the time the voice died down, most warriors were very worried, but they do know that nothing can excceed training in importance, now ...

[This message has been edited by Cooker (edited 04 October 2001).]

Raistlin, Archmagus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2001 1:06 pm    Post subject: The Sovereign II Reply with quote Back to top

Jager woke up to find his hands chained to a pole inside a tent. He looked around grogily and saw thet he was in a very small tent, the only thing in it being the pole he was tied to. Aubur wasn't in here. This made Jager a bit jumpy. He had never been without Aubur for as long as he could remember. He leaned his head against the pole and groaned. Whatever had hit him had left a mighty big bump on his head. At that moment, the hunchback walked in, acompanied by - thou it seemed strange - a goblin with wings. And it was intelligent. That couldn't be good. Also acompanying the hunchback was what looked like a cross between elves and dwarves. Jager choked back his nausea.
Goblins were not meant to have wings he thought. And elves should not have facial hair.
The hunchback smiled - or what seemed to be a smile - , seeing what Jager was looking at.
"Like my creations, do you?"
Jager wore a look of disgustedness;a mere shadow of what hje felt.
"What are you?" he asked. "How did you do this to them?"
"I am Tanasril, one of the greatest terateroginators in history."
"Terateroginator? You create monsters? What fine choice of work!" said Jager cynically.
Tanasril's eyes went dark. "Don't mock me boy." he said quietly. "Or I might find someways to make that tiger of yours 'better'."
Jager's eyes widened in alarm, then narrowed in anger. "If you have done anything to Aubur, I'll kill you."
"Ha! You are in no position to be making ultamadums Magisray."
"Why do you keep calling me 'Magisray'?!" asked Jager angrily. "I no not of what you speak of!"
"Dear boy," said Tanasril loudly over Jager's questions. "You do not know why because I erased your memory when you were a child."
"You knew me as a child? Do you know my family?" asked Jager hopefully.
I have no time to explain your past! But I might be able to add it to the present." Before Jager knew what he was doing, Tanasril bent down and put his first and middle fingers to Jager's temples. At first Jager tried to pull away, but after a moment he stopped. Little by little the peices of his past were being filled in, but not all of it. When Tanasril pulled his fingers away, Jager tried to grab them.
"Wait! There are still peices missing! Who were my parents?"
"Shut up boy! The rest of your memory will come back to you in your own time. You forced yourself into thinking you had no family;no you must force yourself into remmembering your family!
"But enough of this. I have more important things to speak woth you of. Your name is not just 'Jager'. Your full name is Jagerelnerlo of House Magisray. Long ago, your great-great-great-great grandmother, Queen Carmen I was kidnapped by an assasin mande Dharjom. Dharjom brought her to Requistor, a man who was attempting to overthrow the emperor of D'Tar Mordin. Requistor had no use for Carmen, and so I asked for her. I was going to change her, to improve her, but no, she refused it. She was rescued, and I was forced into hiding, building my armies. I swore to get revenge on her family. You are a Magisray. I swore vengence on the Magisrays. Now the only task facing me is to find the only other living Magisray, Alhana. Then I will either kill you, or change you. That is my only task."
Jager stared open mouthed after Tanasril as he left. "NOOOOOO!!!!" He yelled. "NOOOO!" Jager screamed himself into silence, and finally, fell asleep from exaustion.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Raistlin, Archmagus (edited 04 October 2001).]

Raistlin, Archmagus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2001 3:06 pm    Post subject: The Sovereign II Reply with quote Back to top

Alhana looked around. "Who said that?" she called out. The war has never ended... she thought.
"Who said that?" she asked again. No one moved. Alhana put it out of her mind. Perhaps it had been nothing....
"Draw your weapons." she said to the assembled heroes. the priestesses got into a ready stance with their staves, the healers drew their knives. rangers pulled longbows from their backs, rogues pulled out crossbows. Elves pulled out their bows, warriors of Discord pulled out scythes. Paladins drew swords, cultists pulled out daggers. Monks put their hands up in a fighting stance. The warriors drew their swords.
"On my word, thrust. At recover, recover.
"THRUST!" as one, all the heroes thrust, wether with their swords, their hands, their staves, their bows, their scythes, or their knives.
Alhana had them stand there for at least twenty minutes. Finally satisfied, she yelled, "RECOVER!" They did this for well over an hour, adding more things such as "side", or "back". After an hour, Alhana gave them a break. Alhana looked around and saw Wodenthal huffing and puffing in a chair. She smiled. Though he was quite large, he was a skilled fighter. Sh also looked over at Toberk, who sat by Wodenthal, his bow in hand. Treven also sat with them, as did the neo-wolf, Juster. She turned her gaze else where. She saw preistesses talking wqith one another, cultists subdued from their normal hyper state. She looked sadly around at all the solemn faces. A war had not come to Magicum in more then a hundred years. She looked down at her own blade and smiled. Her father had been one of the best warriors Magicum had ever seen. She wanted to succeed him. She new that she would have a chance to do so during this war. The war has just begun she thought. No, it hasn't. "The war has never ended..." I must find out exactly who Tanasril was.
Alhan walked over to one of the runners who stood nearby. She asked them to fetch Alcarioth and bring him here. Within minutes he was there.
"Alcarioth, please get one of the palace scribew to find a book on Tanasril the broken. It's urgent. I need to know exactly who he was."
"Yes Your Majesty." As she watched him walk off, she turned back to her heros.
"Allright, everybody up! We wont win if we can't last an hour in training!" And they started again, thrusting, recovering. All the while Alhana's mind was on the library, on Tanasril...On her past.

------------------

Raistlin, Archmagus

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2001 9:21 pm    Post subject: The Sovereign II Reply with quote Back to top

Jager woke once more in the tent. He looked around yet again, his throught sore from screaming. As he looked, he once again saw the horrid hunchback, Tanasril.
"Awake, are you?" he asked. Jager threw him a disgusted look.
"Where is my tiger?" he asked. "Where is Aubur?"
"You tiger is...unavailable, so to speak." Tanasril sid with an evil grin.
"Where is he!?!?!? If you've done anything to him, I will kill you. I'll do every thing in my power to change him back. I'll-"
Jager was silenced by a strike from Tanasril.
"Quiet boy! Your tiger is fine...if you cooperate. I will need you as bait...bait to capture that girl, Alhana. She knows that she is a Magisray. You still no naught of your past. I shall take my revenge on her. Though she does not remember you, she will, and she will come to your aid. She will remember, she will help..."
"What do you speak of?" asked Jager.
"I speak of the queen of Magicum boy!"
"Queen Alhana? What do you mean, "she will not remember me"? I have never been to Magicum! I know none from Magicum! Either tell me what you speak of or leave!!!" screamed Jager. Tanasril hit him again.
"I said quiet boy! As I told you, your memory will come to you, but you must force yourself to remember. If I were to tell you, you would most likely go mad from the information, or you might doubt it so much that you would never remember. I can't risk you going insane, not when I need you as bait. Alhana must think you are well...Yes..."
Jager turned his head away as Tanasril left. The only thing he could do was to try and remember.
I must remember...I...must...remember... He fell asleep thinking this, dreaming dreams that were so real, they could not possibly be dreams.

A giant man stup before him. He wore long golden robes, and wore the blue hat of the monks. He was glowing, radiating power, and godliness. He leaned down, and spoke.
"Jagerelnerlo of House Magisray, first born son of King Mandor and Queen Carmen II. Do you know who I am?"
Jager was speechless. Of course he knew who it was; it could be none other then the strict god of law, Dauros. But what had he said, 'Jagerelnerlo of House Magisray'? The Magisrays were the reigning family of Magicum. 'First born son of King Mandor and Queen Carmen II'...They had been the queen and queen of Magicum before their deaths. Now the child queen, Alhana was ruling there.
"Yes, you are Dauros, god of light and law. But what do you want with me? And why do you call me son of a king? I am but a low born rogue."
"You, Jagerelnerlo, are royalty. You are the first born son of King Mandor. You belong in Magicum. You are Prine Jager, brother of Princess Alhana. As a child, you were kidnapped by the evil mage, Tanasril the Broken. He has wished revenge on the house of Magisray for more then a hundred years. His first attempt was on you. He tried to kidnap you. He planned to make you one of his servents, and have you help him destory your family. Fortunatley, your tiger, Aubur, saved you. Tanasril had erased your memory before the tiger could save you though. Since then, you have been trying to remember your past. You have done well;unfortunatley, the mage was right; you must try to remember details on your own. I am here only to remind you of your general past. You must get to Magicum. It's very existance depends on you."
Jager stared at the god.
Me, a prince? he thought. I can't be, I-I am a low born rogue...But, then again...I always had dreams of fantastically decorated rooms... When Jager looked up, he found that Dauros was fading away.
"Go to Magicum!" he said. "You must go to Magicum." And then he was gone, leaving Jager to fall asleep in the mists.

------------------

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> 1001 Ardanian Nights All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: