Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

The Sovereign II
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> 1001 Ardanian Nights
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raistlin, Archmagus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2001 6:49 pm    Post subject: The Sovereign II Reply with quote Back to top

"Alcarioth!" Alhana was out of breath. She had reached the advisors corters, and was waiting outside the door politley. "Alcarioth, I need to speek with you. Quickly!"
At the note in her voice, Alcarioth came rushing out, along with his son.
"Yes? Are you all right your Majesty?"
"Tarmyln is taking an army to Volencia! There is a pirt, or pirate, or some sort of sea raider is there, and Tarmyln plans to kill him and save Volencia. He plans to-"
"Highness!" cried Alcarioth. "Calm down! What does this have to do with you?"
Alhana took a deep breath, then said, "He wants an arny from Magicum to aid his cause. I don't know what to do. I told him that if he aided Volencia, hundreds would die. He says that hundreds would die anyway. I don't want to send an army to aid Volencia. To many people's lives are hanging in the bablnce. I don't know if I could order my army to go and kill themselves! What should I do?"
Alcarioth was taken aback a moment, stuned by the onrush of information. It was Darius who spoke.
"If you do not wish to aid their cause, do not. But, I think you should. The treaty between Magicum and D'Tar Mordin has lasted generations;we do not want it destroyed now. Every ruler in the Magiasray line has worked hard to keep that treaty. True, if you aid Volencia, some may die. But our heroes are well trained, they are some of the strongest. How strong could this sea raider be? He most likle would have armies, but they could not amount to the size of yours and the emperor's."
Alhana was close to tears.
"You know what the worst thing is?" she asked in broken gasps. "You're right. I do need to send an army. I must have another fairgrounds built, and order the heroes to train twice as hard as they do normally. I hop you are right, and that this pirate's army is small, because if it is not, I fear for our lives."
"Yes Highness."
Alhana went to her room to compose herself and to prepare herself to order her heroes to arms.

------------------
Raistlin, Archmagus of the hour glass eyes

I will do this. Nothing in my life matters except this. No moment in my life exists except this moment. I am born in this moment, and if I fail, I will die in this moment.- Raistlin Majere

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Raistlin, Archmagus

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2001 1:30 pm    Post subject: The Sovereign II Reply with quote Back to top

Alhana couldn't understand why she didn't want to send her armies to Volencia. She knew that her and Tarmyln's armies would most likley be much larger than this sea raider's. For all she knew, his army could be only a handful of men, or, more probable, he could have hundreds of thousands. She was positive that the army of D'Tar Mordin would be huge, with at least a thousand heroes. Her army was also quite large, with hundreds of heroes and guards.
Alhana wasn't exactly scared of sending her warriors off to battle, just anxious. She had many friends who were heroes. There were the Silveredges, the closest thing to family she had. There were also all her friends from the guilds, along with all the heroes living in the temples.
It was late already, so Alhana decided that she would sleep, then tell her subjects in the morninng. She crawled into bed, and sat there, waiting for her parents to come and say good night. Tears filled her eyes as she remembered that her parents were dead, and that no one was coming. She rolled over and buried her head under her pillows, crying herself to sleep.

A strange figure appeared before her. No, not one figure, three, four, six, seven figures stood in front of her. She tried to see their faces, but they were shrouded in mist.
"Who are you?" she asked.
A chorus of voices answered, all sounding as loud as the howling wind, but as soft as a mother's singing.
"We are the parents of all things. We are the forgers of the world. We are the mothers of peace, the fathers of chaos. We are the judges of life, and the rulers of the undead. We have created all life, only to see it die, and be reborn. We are the Gods."
"The Gods?" she asked sarcastically. "The Gods are myths. Something made by lonley people who needed something to beleive in."
A very large man stepped foward. His voice was louder then the rest, a booming voice.
"The Gods are not myths! We are standing here before you! We have seen thousands born, millions die. We were present at you birth, as well as your ancestor's, Carmen."
"Krolm," came a gentle voice. A women stepped foward from the mist. Sh was soft spoken, and dressed in a purple robe. Her eyes were bright with the wonders of life.
"She is still young, leave her be. Alhana Magisray, we
are the Gods. As my, er, ancestor, Krolm, said, we have seen thousand s born, thousands die. We were present at your birth, the second one we were all present at. We were at Carmen's birth as well. She was destined for greatness, as are you."
"Sister," came a soft voice. This voice was not soft in the gentle way Agrela's was; this voice was a deadly soft. "We do not have time to talk of the past. Her dream lasts for as long as she sleeps."
Alhana recognized these, er,
Gods. Knowledge of what they looked like had been burned into her mind during her school days. So far. the ones who spoke were Krolm, Agrela, and Krypta.
That means that the other four are Dauros, Fervus, Lunord, and Helia. Alhana began to feel sleepy. She sat down, and started to close her eyes. Then a curt voice spoke out.
"Already she grows tired. We must warn her now!" said Dauros.
"Kehehehehehe!!!! She will be a little queenie! Kehehehehe!" shouted a little man.
"Lunord and Helia spoke quickly to the others, who were arguing. "Stop it! If she falls asleep here, we will never be able to warn her! Krolm, tell her!!!!"
Krolm took a breath, then said, "Alhana Magisray, if you choose to send your army to Volencia, you must be very careful. The pirate, Dragun, is quite powerful. His army is large, and they all have the strangth of at least two men. He plans to take over Ardania; and he is ready. You
must stop him. But be careful, an even larger evil lurks in the shadows."
"What do you mean?" she asked. But they were fading, fading back into the mists.
"Be forewarned!" said all seven voices. You have been warned." At that, they were gone, and Alhana felt extremly tired. She lay her head down on the misted ground, and fell again into blissful sleep.

------------------

I will do this. Nothing in my life matters except this. No moment in my life exists except this moment. I am born in this moment, and if I fail, I will die in this moment.- Raistlin Majere

[This message has been edited by Raistlin, Archmagus (edited 22 September 2001).]

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
The Archmage

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2001 9:20 am    Post subject: The Sovereign II Reply with quote Back to top

Dragun sat in his large throneroom. A lot had happened over the last couple of days. First, his scouts had reported finding a small town nestled in the forest. Quickly Dragun and his army attacked the town and burned everything but the Palace to the ground. The Palace would act as a temporary headquarters for Dragun. Dragun had also sent out a spies to nearby cities. These spies would gather news and numerous cities that wielded a lot of political power in the region. The spies would also collect maps on the land. Dragun's scouts had also found a large port city called Volencia. But right now, Dragun was pondering the latest news. This news included a spy's report on a city called Magicum.
"Magicum," reported the spy, "is what you might call the 'breadbasket' of the region. It's very prosperous and had a tremendous amount of influence in the region. And, Captain, it is led by a queen!"
"A queen?" Dragun had inquired.
The spy had laughed, "Not only that, but a thirteen year old GIRL at that!"
Dragun had asked, "How can a city be powerful when a little girl is leading it?"
"There was a royal advisor who is pretty much running the kingdom right now-"
Dragun's thoughts were interupted by a loud knock on the door.
"Come in!" bellowed Dragun.
A spy, gasping for breath, walked into the room, "Armies, Cap'n! Armies! I've just heard the the Emperor of a place called D'Tar Mordin and a queen from a city called Magicum are sending an army to stop us from attacking Volencia!"
Dragun snarled, "Fools! Idiots! I warned all of the fools not to give ourselves away until the time is right! Curse the luck! Get out of here!"
The spy cringed and retreated out of the room. Dragun sat there and began to think.
"I think that I can help you," said a soft voice.
Dragun looked up, cleverly masking his shock. There, standing in front of him, was a tall man in a heavy, dark cloak.
Quicker than the eye could see, his hands whipped out a dagger and spun it at the figure. The dagger was only meant to land beside the figure, to scare him. But the dagger did something that made the Conqueror's blood shill momentarily. It just stopped in midair. It floated there, as if attached to stings. The figure walked in the front of the dagger and stared at Dragun.
"I think that I can help you," he said again...

Raistlin, Archmagus

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2001 9:10 pm    Post subject: The Sovereign II Reply with quote Back to top

Alhana woke abrubtly. She stared around her room, half expecting to see Krolm, or Agrela standing around her bed. She sighed in releif when she saw her empty room. She laid back, and thought over her dream. What had they said again? Oh yes. I need to defeat this-this Dragun. He is dangerous. Or at least that's what the Gods said. Alhana found herself beleiving in them, something she hadn't done since her father had died. Alhana was tramatized when the king had died, and she blamed his demise on the Gods. She thought that if there truly were gods, that they would not have let such a wonderful man such as her father die. Since she was five, she had not believed in the Gods. Now, in one night, she believed again. She sighed again, and got out of bed, dressing quickly. She pulled on black breeches, embroidered in silver. Her tunic was also edged in silver. The outfit had been a gift from her father on her birthday, the day before he had died. She buckled on her sword belt, and headed to the banquet hall for breakfast. As she neared the hall, she saw Darius on his way there as well. She troted to catch up with him.
"Hello Darius. Are you all right?" She saw his face contorted in deep thought. Darius looked surprised. He looked up, then turned his head to look at her. It took a moment for him to realise what she had said.
"Oh, yes, fine..."
"What are you thinking of?" she asked him.
"Nothing, nothing at all..." she could tell at once that he wasn't thinking of "nothing". Thirteen years of friendship hadn't amounted to nothing. She also knew that he would want to be left alone, for a time at least. She walked into the hall, taking her seat at the top of the dias. The table was already laid out with food. As she ate, she thought. Now that she knew what the emperor wanted, and knew her decision, all she needed to think of was how to break it to her city. There hadn't been a war involving Magicum in at least a century. Alhana decided that the best way to tell them would be to just tell them outright; no sugar-coating it, no puting it easy. She would tell them, and they would prepare, they would win. When she was finished with her breakfast, she sought out the royal herald, and asked him to have all the people of Magicum to assemble outside the palace gates. At noon, when everyone from the city had gathered outside the gates, she put on her crown, and walked out to the terrace overlooking the gates.
"People of Magicum, I have grave news. The city of Volencia is in trouble; we are to aid her in her time of need. We must Assemble the army, and be ready in much less then a month. The armies of D'Tar Mordin will arive to also help Volencia. The invareds of Volencia is a sea-raider, called Dragun. He has a very large army, and all of his men are as strong as two men. But fear not, we shall overcome the opposition!"
Loud cheers followed, all of the heroes excited by their queen's valiant speech. They would start training immedietly.
As Alhana walked back into the palace, she smiled to herself;her heroes were ready. Watch out Dragun she thought. My armies are strong, and highly spirited. Watch out.

------------------

Falotar

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2001 11:13 pm    Post subject: The Sovereign II Reply with quote Back to top

As Alhana was walking back into the Palace, she was met by Alcarioth.
"A stirring speech, Your Majesty," he said, bowing slightly.
"Thank you, Alcarioth."
"Now, I have a suggestion for Your Majesty. It would be good, I think, for you to call a meeting of the city's guild and Temple masters, as well as Lord Quillion Goldarrow from the Elven Bungalows. Also, you might want to invite Queen Krilla, the Dryad. She has her own army at her disposal; Rock Golems and Daemonwood would not go amiss."
"As you say, Alcarioth."

Far in the south, another army was gathering around the tower of the twisted Tanasril. Aergoblins stood in perfect ranks; spears and bucklers grasped in their clawed hands. Their burnished armour glinted darkly, and swords were belted around their waists. Off to one side stood a precise ordering of an Eldwarf engineering division. And, to the other side, stood creatures who had once been men.
They were garbed only in kilts of brown leather, though some wore short cloaks as a sign of rank. Their skin was covered with harsh black fur. They were unarmed; their claws and fangs could tear through plate armour as if through parchment. Golden eyes, full of hatred, glared up at the wall from over lupine muzzles.
Tanasril mounted the wall, flanked by Yquellar and Devit, with Grannok towering behind him. Devit had been rewarded for his services in Magicum by being promoted to General of the Wolves. Oddly, he had not been pleased, especially when he found that he could not command the neowolves, as Tanasril had dubbed his new creation, without becoming one of them. Tnasri, after listening to Devit's reluctant contributions to his council of war, had decided that he had chosen well.
Tanasril's appearance on the walltop brought loud cries of acclamation from the aergoblins and Eldwarves, and howls from his neowolves, though he was not sure that they were not hate-filled. He raised his hands.
"The time is at hand," he began, using magic to augment his aged voice, "when we will move against Magicum. You all know the reasons we do this; that long ago Queen Carmen of that realm denied herself the honour of improving herself with my talents." This brought more cheers from the aergoblins and Eldwarves, and brought snarls and baring laughter from the neowolves. Tanasril frowned down at them; after all, they should be grateful. "Since then, I have to decided to bring retribution on her and her house for her foolishness. Near I have been brought word that her army prepares to move out of Magicum, to quell a pirate raid near Volencia. We will strick in their absence, and await her when she returns to defend her kingdom. We cannot be defeated!" This time they all cheered. Suddenly, however, the neowolves howls and cries stopped, and one wearing the long cloak of a commander stepped forward.
"Tell us," he cried up at Tanasril, for the neowolves could speak, although their muzzles formed the words harshly, "tell us why we should help you!"
"I know it is hard now," said Tnasril, true compassion in his voice. "The pain and trauma of transformation take time to wear away. But, think of what it is for! You have become stronger, more durable, while at the same time preserving your intelligence. There are a great many who would envy you."
"I doubt that greatly," cried the commander. "We did not ask for this, nor did we want to. You took us, and broke us, and reformed us for your own ends. Why should we feel any love or loyalty to you?"
"To be sure," answered Tanasril, "I created you to serve me. But that should not preclude your serving me. The iron does not complain when forged into a sword; it does not not ask to be returned to the mine."
"We were men, not iron," said the commander, growls punctuating his words. "We are still people, despite what you have done to us, creatures of with minds and souls; creatures of the gods, not you!"
"Why do you hold what I did against me?" cried Tanasril. "I envy you, I would gladly undergo transformation, but I cannot transform myself, and no-one else knows the secrets of teratogeny!"
"Just tell us why we should help you," growled the commander.
"You help me, because it is the only way to freedom. If, after the campaign is over, you still wish to be free of me, I will release you. The transformation can never be reversed, but you will have your freedom, to do what you will with your lives."
"It is the best we can receive," said the neowolf grimly. "Very well, we will serve you, and call you Master - for a time."
"Then let it be so." Tanasril raised is hands again, in benediction, then descended from the walltop. At the foot of the stairs, he laid a hand on Yquellar's shoulder.
"Yquellar, is the portal ready?"
"Indeed, Master," said the Eldwarf, grinned up at him. "All it needs is for you to cast your enchantments."
"Good. Let me see to Garelstramin, and then, the army will march!"

Garelstramin glared at the man in front of him. He wished, very much that he could kill this mortal. It was not a matter of power; he admitted that Tanasril had improved him, but he had given his word, and a dragon kept his word. Even when he was no longer a dragon.
"The army is ready to march," the archmage informed him.
"I suppose you wish to mount?" Garelstramin growled; his voice was something the teratogenitor had not changed.
"Why, yes," replied Tanasril. He did so. Then it was "Fly."
Garlestramin took off, glad to be away from the ground. The scales across his belly were stronger than steel, and he felt it too. Not comfortable, but then, Tanasril and not changed him for comfort.
One thing he was grateful to the archmage for. His fire. Before, it had been hotter than a blacksmith's forge. Now it was hotter than lightning, than the molten rock that flowed from the mountains of his home. Tanasril claimed it was hotter than the orb of Helia, and Garelstramin almost believed him. But it was not for the fire itself he was grateful; it was that t offered the best chance of revenge.

Raistlin, Archmagus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2001 12:11 pm    Post subject: The Sovereign II Reply with quote Back to top

Alhana couldn't beleive that she had forgotten the dryads. She went to the forest, along with a
few warriors, incase of mishap. A dryad guard was standing watch just inside the forest.
"Hail, girl, where do you come from?" asked the dryad.
"I am Alhana Magisray, queen of Magicum. I have come to speak with Krilla, Ruler of the dryads."
The dryad bowed. "Yes Your Majesty. The queen is in the clearing yonder. I'm not to leave my post
though. Anyone you come across, tell them what you told me."
Alhana thanked the dryad, then went on through the forest. They encountered no one else, and
reached the clearing where Krilla was seated opon a throne of wood, elegently decorated with
strange and exotic flowers. As she was announced, Alhana came forward and bowed to the dryad
queen. Krilla nodded her head in acknowledgement.
"Why are you here, Alhana Magisray?"
"I am here to ask your service. My armies are to travel to Volencia; she is under attack.
Will you aid my armies and help us to overcome Volencia?"
Krilla thought for a moment. There hasn't been a war in years she thought. Why would
this queen want to aid Volencia? They have no treaty as far as I know. Why then?

Alhana was also thinking. Please, let her help us. We could surley use deamonwoods and
dryads, as well as any other creature that they have to do their bidding. I have a feeling...
Some thing horendous is going to happen...

Alhana looked back up at Krilla. The dryad seemmed to have forgotten that she was there.
Please help us, she thought. Please.

------------------

Falotar

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2001 2:09 pm    Post subject: The Sovereign II Reply with quote Back to top

Krilla frowned. For days, something had been bothering her. She could sense magic, all Dryads could, and her sense extended wherever her forest grew. This feeling had felt like a spell waiting to be cast, a spell on the verge of being cast.
Now it was a sudden explosion. So much energy was involved, she could not discern its exact nature, but she knew where it was.
"Ulindaerl," she said, "take seven Dryads and scout the eastern fringes of the forest."
Ulindaerl's eyes widened, but she bowed and went about her task. Krilla swept the clearing, and focused and the girl, Alhana. She blushed, and smiled apologetically.
"I'm sorry," said the Dryad Queen. "Of course I will help you. But I'm afraid I am busy now. Perhaps I will be able to come to your town this evening to discuss it further."
Alhana curtsied, confused. What did she mean, "She's busy now?"

Grannok stepped out of the portal. Yquellar and his Eldwarves were already out, gathering rocks and boulders and building them into a wall. Grannok was following by trhe other aergoblins. He took several aside, to send out and scout the land.
The army of Tanasril was arriving.

The Archmage

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2001 3:42 pm    Post subject: The Sovereign II Reply with quote Back to top

Dragun the Conqueror stared at the cloaked figure. His eyes drifted to the dagger, still floating in the air. Unlike most men, he wasn't afraid. Just weary. He'd faught more intimidating enemies than some man that could make a dagger float in the air.
Dragun looked calmly at the figure, fingering his sword with his fingers.
"How can you help me?" he asked.
The figure replied calmly, "There is a thing and I need and think that you need?"
"What could possible need?"
"Magic, Captain. I am the most powerful man in the universe-"
"Why," interupted Dragun, "would the most powerful man in the universe need the alliance with a pirate?"
The cloaked figure replied, "Men. I might be powerful, but I cannot fight armies. I need an ally-army at my back. You need my magic to defeat the upcoming forces of D'Tar Mordin and Magicum."
"No," said Dragun.
Dragun could see the figures eyes darken under the hood.
"No?"
"No," said Dragun. "I do not need the help of you. I do not need magic. I will defeat the armies of this Emperor and queenish brat without the help of you."
The figure darkened, "You need my help-"
Dragun waved him off, "No, I do no. Now be gone before I throw you carcass out for the fishes to feast on. And take your little magic tricks with you!"
The figure snarled at Dragun, "You are a fool! I offer you an alliance and you refuse out of your pride!"
The figure gave a sharp gesture with his free arm. The floating dagger suddenly turned so that the point was directly pointing toward the floor and then it shot down. It ripped through the marble floor and was gone from sight, leaving a hole in the marble floor.
The figure pointed his staff at the Conqueror.
"You have not seen the last of me, foolish Captain! Remember: Draskar never forgets and enemy!"
The figure then turned around and disappeared.

+++++++

The dagger, propelled by the magic of the dark figure, ripped through rock, sand, and dirt. Finally it stopped. But the magic didn't. The magic fell deeper into the Ardanian crust until it hit something. Something long. Something magic.
That Something moved...

Raistlin, Archmagus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2001 6:53 pm    Post subject: The Sovereign II Reply with quote Back to top

As Alhana left the forest, her head was bent in thought. It seems all I ever do latley is think she thought. Krilla...what did she mean, "busy"? What did she send that dryad off to do? Why, why, why. That's all I ever ask nowadays as well. She looked up around her, gazing at the beautiful houses of granite, and the beautiful flowers. What is going on here? Something plagues me...and it's not the pirate. Something else is just... wrong. What, by all the Gods, is wrong here? It's as if the balance of the world has been altered, or changed in some way. Why, why now? she asked of the Gods. Why do you do this now? I am only thirteen! I know nought of ruling. Yet. But why? You say that you were present at my birth. You say I am destined for great things. How do I do that? My family...all dead...I have no one! No one...
She looked up at the warriors who had accompanied her to the forest. Sir Treven was among them. Perhaps not no one... she thought. The Silveredges had always been like family to her. Treven had almost taken the place of her father, and Wodenthal was like an uncle to her. Then there were the Atreinoses. Alcarioth, he was also like a father to her. And Darius...well, that was spoken for itself. She smiled at the thought of him. For as long as she could remember, the two had been...more...then friends. She looked ahead of her, and saw the palace rising above the town.
My new life, she thought. How wonderful.

------------------

Falotar

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2001 8:02 pm    Post subject: The Sovereign II Reply with quote Back to top

Derewn stumbled back into the camp. "Take me to the Emperor," he gasped to the two Guardsamen who come running up to help him. They looked at each other, alarmed.
"Yes, sir," said one, and they walked - the Guardsmen half-supporting, half-dragging the Ranger to where the Emperor sat, surrounded by Imperial Guards, Warriors, and Wizards.
"Sire," said the Ranger, combining it with a groan as he collapsed onto his knees. "Dire news. An army - of hideous creatures - waits ahead..." he took out a water flask, mixed some herbs into it, and drank deeply.
"Creatures? What kind" asked Tarmyln, gazing at Derewn with the beginnings of alarm.
"Goblins with wings," said Derewn, agfter gulping down the last of his potion. "Short Elves with beards, and black werewolves."
"Black werewolves?" said Huranthel, the Imperial Wizard, skeptically. "Winged goblins? Derewn, you must have been hallucinating."
"No," said Derewn, shaking his head emphatically. "I saw-" Before he could finish, the very creatures he had described burst out of the forest.
The neowolves came first, tearing through the picket lines of Palace and Veteran Guards as if through moldy cloth. Paladins and Warriors rushed forward to support the rapidly dissolving line, line dark shapes swooped down from the skies behind them. The Healers, cut off, formed rings which were soon elimanated. The Rangers and Rogues stumbled out of their tents, and were crushed by the bolts and boulders thrown by Eldwarf seige engines.
"Your Majesty," cried Huranthel, "what shall we do?"
"Take my bodyguard, and see if you can hold them-" even as he spoke, Tarmyln saw a black creature vaguely resembling a dragon, but much larger and with wicked spokes jutting its skin, appeared out of the sky. It bathed the struggling knots of Paladins and Warriors in white-hot fire. When Tarmyln's vision clears, he say that the ground bubbled and seethed where the fighters had stood; pits of molten rock were al that remained of most his force.
"Retreat!" shouted the Emperor. "Skirt the forest, and head for Maigum! Retreat!
Retreat!"

The Archmage

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2001 6:30 am    Post subject: The Sovereign II Reply with quote Back to top

The Something under the ground stirred. It was a long creature, with a segmented body and a massive, gapping mouth. It was the Verm. The Verm had been created by accident by the twisted hunchback-wizard Tanasril when Tanasril had began first experimenting in the art of teratogeny. The experiment, however, had gotten out of control quickly. The Verm, which had once been an orginary earthworm, became larger. And not only larger, but its attack was increased. Soon the Verm had become a horrendous monster. Its mission? To kill. The Verm escaped from Tanasril and quickly began rampaging the Ardanian countryside, killing and destroy all. Tanasril quickly disappeared after the Verm was lose, so that no one would connect him with the mysterous creature. It took the magic power of the Rekc'Art to subdue the monster. They didn't kill it, but they trapped the Verm under the ground and placed a magic around it that put it to sleep. And there the Verm has lain, for years. Asleep. Until now. Until the magic that had imprisioned it- freed it...

The Verm reared its head in the close space. It snarled in frustration as rock and dirt fell on it. It reared its mighty head and began making a hole above it. Soon it began raising up to the surface, smashing rock, dirt, and sand in the process. Then it broke the surface.

CRRRRASSSHHHH!!!!

Marbll, wood, stone, and other castle materials broke before the mighty power of the Verm. The Palace that had housed the pirate army of Dragun the Conqueror, had been destroyed...and with it, the army the Palace had housed...

++++++++

Not all the army, however, was killed. Dragun had heard the underground rumbling and had acted instincively. He had leaped out the window, shattering glass everywhere and ran for cover. Not ten seconds later, the whole Palace had collaped in on itself, killing all the inhabitants inside. Dragun then saw some sort of THING shoot out of the ruins and race through the woods, destroying trees in its path.
Dragun stared at the Palace in shock. All that he had worked for. All that he had slaved over. Gone. All gone. All that he had trained for. Gone. Dragun's eyes went blood-red as all common sense went out of his head. He still had some scouts to come with him, but that didn't matter anymore. What mattered was destroying the THING that had ruined his plans. To destroy the THING at all costs. And when the THING was gone, he would kill that Draskar, for it must have been him that had sent the THING after him...
Dragun drew his sword and began walking after the THING, to track it to its death...

The Archmage

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2001 9:21 am    Post subject: The Sovereign II Reply with quote Back to top

Darkness again. Only this was a different darkness. I lighter darkness...if a lighter darkness existed. Warder tried to open his eyes and found that he could. Light poored in and he squinted. He was in some sort of large room on a bed. The pain was gone---and so was his clothes. He felt only a soft robe on him. He tried to sit up but a gentle but firm hand stopped him. A woman's voice said:
"No. Don't sit up yet."
Warder turned to look at a Healer standing beside him.
"You are too weak," continued the Healer. "Let me go get you some food. Don't move."
Warder obeyed, partly because when he had tried to stand up he had found that he couldn't. He was obviously in a Temple to Agrela. Probably in D'Tar Mordin.
Then he felt it.
His magic-trained senses sensed a large magic force becoming released. It was something big...something powerful. At first he suspected Draskar, but he shrugged that idea off quickly. Draskar was dead. And even if he wasn't dead, there was no way that he could create such a force. It was something different. Something evil.
Warder was about to sit up again when the Healer returned.
"Don't," the Healer said sternly. "You need to eat and rest for a couple of days."
Warder eagerly accepted the meal, which tasted horrible. But it didn't matter. Any food was good food right now.
Warder looked at the Healer and said, "I can't stay for a couple of days. I need my stuff and then I'll be off-"
"No," said the Healer. "You don't."
"But-"
"NO!"
Warder said quietly, "Look, woman, you don't even know who I am? I am leaving and there is nothing you can do about it!"
Before the Healer could respond a Ranger walked in and grinned at the Rekc'Art.
"So there he is! You look a lot better than when I last saw you."
Warder remembered vagely the cracking ceiling, his scramble out through the window, and his walk through the Imperial Palace rubble. He remembered seeing the Ranger and then collasping.
"Yes, sir," continued the Ranger. "Didn't think there was anyone who could have survived all those years in that old Palace."
"Years?" asked Warder.
The Ranger looked at him funny, "What? Don't you know? That old Palace has been down there for years!"
Warder said quietly to himself, "Years. Years. How long have I been here?"
The Healer replied, "A week."
"Week!" exclaimed Warder. "I've got to get out of here right now."
Warder tried to stand up but fell in exaustion. The Ranger caught him.
"Now, now, friend," said the Ranger. "I think that maybe you should wait until you have your strength back."
Despite the fact that he needed to find that scource of that mysterious power, Warder could see the truth in the Ranger's words. He would stay here for a couple of days and rest and recouperate. Then he would go find that power, whatever it is...if it is not too late.

Falotar

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2001 9:47 am    Post subject: The Sovereign II Reply with quote Back to top

Krilla froze. The other Dryads, accompanying her, stiffened also. They all felt it - a magical explsion, like a lock shot apart with lightning.
"What was that?" asked one of the other Dryads.
"I do not know, daughter," replied Krilla. "Oh well, it was nothing." Nothing compaed to what she felt earlier, which either meant that it was nothing, or was beyond the bounds of the Forest and therefore much stronger than it had felt. "Come, we must continue to Magicum."

"Master, what is it?" asked Grannok worriedly. "We've defeated the army of this Emperor, though I'm sorry to say we didn't capture any prisoners."
"What?" The hunchback looked up in surprise. "Oh, no, Grannok, it has nothing to do with the batle. I just felt - odd - a few moments ago. Something I have not felt since-"
"Since what, Master?"
"Since the Rekc'Art imprisoned one of my creations," he said wonderingly. "Only this was different. A reversal of the spell... oh well, I'm sure it wasn't important."

Cooker

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2001 12:40 pm    Post subject: The Sovereign II Reply with quote Back to top

Sothern Coast, Dragon Cave.

Three white beard wizard set beside a enormous magic orb deep in the cave. But unlike common wizards, they wore gold rob laced with black magic symbols.

"The Scouting Has been way too scuessful to believe, our breathern has uncovered almost all information without been even detected. Your new blessing is way increadible, T'ran"

Main while, the light flashed around the orb to review events taking place all over ardania.

"Overpraised, let's see what Ke'Hara the wise one have came up with ! This situation don't look good ."

The orb fleashed, and showed the defeat of emperor.

The third wizard, remained silent the whole time, finnally spoke out ...
"It's tiring to read in the libary the whole day, but what one of this book said is worth our time, the book said an ancient ritral preformed by dragons, called the seal of inhibition ..."

As he spoke, he took out a little flask of green liquid, and put it on the table while the orb was showing the black dragon like creaure.

"If we place the Ultimate sphare on power in the middle of the altor of dragon kings, and place a flask of dragon's blam, such as this one, we would condamn anyone to ethernal prohibition ... Any spell he cased on anyone would reflect on him immidately"

"So, the elder, how is that possbile, the sphare is hold by mortals, and the alter is in the terriory of the mad wizard"

"Worry not, by breathern, we will preform a descreate mission that no moral would ever believe !"

[This message has been edited by Cooker (edited 28 September 2001).]

Raistlin, Archmagus

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2001 6:58 pm    Post subject: The Sovereign II Reply with quote Back to top

Alhana was just reaching the gates to the palace when she heard the screams. She turned and scanned the rise intently, her hand immedietly going to her sword. After a moment of looking, she saw a ranger run down the hill. With a quick look to Treven, Alhana quickly ran to greet the ranger. As she drew nearer, she saw that the man wore a look of wild terror.
"What's wrong? What's happened?" she asked as soon as she reached him.
"Monsters! We...attacked...monsters....horrible!" he said between gasps.
"What monsters?" Alhana asked. Something didn't sound right. A ranger wouldn't be this terrified about any ordinary monster. This was no hellbear attack.
"Horrible...goblins with wings, and short elves with beards, black wherewolves, and - the worst - a huge black dragon, with burning hot fire, and strange spikes. It was horrible!"
Alhana was to stunned to respond. After a moment, sounds cought her attention. Again she looked to the rise. More people were running over it, and - to her astonishment - Emperor Tarmyln was among them. When he saw her, Tarmyln ran up to her, gasping for breath.
"Alhana!" he said. "It was horrible, monsters, horrible creations!"
"What creations?" she asked urgently.
Tarmyln gave her the same description as the ranger had, but in more detail.
"I must send my armies out there." she said.
"NO!" Tarmyln cried. "Were you not listening? The dragon incinerated half of my heroes!! It will surley do the same to yours!"
Alhana looked up at him calmly, cleverly hiding her growing alarm.
"If I do not send anyone, whatever is out there might very well go away. It might very well not. If I do not send someone now, but wait for those creatures to come to Magicum, then I have failed my people. I will have failed my city. I will not let Magicum be destroyed." Her voice rose slightly with anger. "This city was not started to be destoyed. Magicum will become one of the most prosperous cities in Ardania. It will be a great city. It will surpass other cities. It needs the time to do that though. If Magicum is destroyed now, it will never reach that goal. I cannot let that happen.." she said fervently.
Tarmyln looked almost impresed, but Alhana was to preocupied to notice. She turned her back to him, and walked to the palace gates, entering and walking quickly to Alcarioth's rooms. She knew what she must do, but she still wanted to check with him.
No. she thought. Magicum will NOT be destroyed. Never.

------------------

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> 1001 Ardanian Nights All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: