Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Improved Statistics
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty Wish List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
XxaxX

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

it shouldn't be that different between 70 and 95, the amount of hits per second is increased un-noticably little with every level, keep in mind how few fighters have 70 HTH or ranged the average HTH is 85 or so.
and the amount of foes one can strike at a time is similar to that of the WoD, only less, and foes that are hit but not the primary target receive less damage...
I am XxaxX! (by the way that's spelled CAPITAL 'X' at the end AND front, and it's pronounced Zax, it is supposed to make you tremble, but seeing as my avatar is that of an un-named ranger, i think were past that point) P.S. enjoy the the free rok's.

Alfryd

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Show me the math and we can wrangle over it.

XxaxX

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

how about Attack/85 = hit per second, Attack/45 = damage bonus, Attack= hit percentage and attack/30= maximum foes hit (damage done is half of ordinary and has a lower hit % of Attack/1.5)

let's try that
I am XxaxX! (by the way that's spelled CAPITAL 'X' at the end AND front, and it's pronounced Zax, it is supposed to make you tremble, but seeing as my avatar is that of an un-named ranger, i think were past that point) P.S. enjoy the the free rok's.

Alfryd

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
...I suppose thats why rogues go in close range.

I just noticed this. No, rogues go in close-range because the crossbow is a low-range, high-damage, armour-piercing piece of kit. Incidentally, how was my initial discourse on stats any more off topic that the current thread of discussion?

Quote:
How about Attack/85 = hit per second, Attack/45 = damage bonus, Attack= hit percentage and attack/30= maximum foes hit (damage done is half of ordinary and has a lower hit % of Attack/1.5)

OK. Let's take 2 hypothetical heroes with damage 8 each, and HtH 90 and 75 respectively. The first hero will inflict up to 10 damage, up to 90% of the time, on up to 3 opponents, 1.06 times/second. Second hero will inflict up to 9.7 damage, up to 75% of the time, on up to 2 opponents, 0.88 times/second. I'll allow for diminished effectiveness of secondary attacks.
So, potential average damage of first hero = 1.06 x ((1 x 0.9 x 10) + (2 x 0.6 x 5)) = 15.9/second.
Potential average damage of second hero = 0.88 x ((1 x 0.75 x 9.7) + (1 x 0.5 x 4.9)) = = 8.56/second.
So, now the first hero has a bit under double the effectiveness in melee, with a HtH score 15% higher than the second's.

So, might I suggest the following scheme. When a hero attacks a primary target, they must attempt to roll 1d100 under their accuracy, for the blow to be on target. If they succeed in doing so, they may attempt to strike another opponent. The damage rolled for one opponent, however, sets the maximum for all subsequent opponents, and the sum of previous accuracy rolls over speed is added to the next. e.g, a warrior with accuracy 85 and speed 5 rolls a 40 and hits for 8. He may then attempt to stike another opponent, if he rolls under (85-(40-5=35)=50) or less. He rolls a 35 and is on target for 3 damage, but the blow is dodged. No matter, he may continue on to a third opponent provided he rolls a (85-(35+(35-5=30))=20) on 1d100 or less, for up to 3 damage.
If a hero also rolls under their strength on an accuracy roll, they may add the roll to their damage. However, the accuracy roll is multiplied according to range, and the effective range for an opponent includes the sum of outside ranges of all previous opponents. This means that, for ranged heroes, multiple targets either inside their base or outside their minimum range become much harder to hit. The effect is insignificant for melee heroes.
Note that accuracy receives a bonus based on artifice that improves with range.

Last edited by Alfryd on Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:42 am; edited 1 time in total

XxaxX

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Alfryd wrote:
OK. Let's take 2 hypothetical heroes with damage 8 each, and HtH 90 and 75 respectively. The first hero will inflict up to 10 damage, up to 90% of the time, on up to 3 opponents, 1.06 times/second. Second hero will inflict up to 9.7 damage, up to 75% of the time, on up to 2 opponents, 0.88 times/second. I'll allow for diminished effectiveness of secondary attacks.
So, potential average damage of first hero = 1.06 x ((1 x 0.9 x 10) + (2 x 0.6 x 5)) = 15.9/second.
Potential average damage of second hero = 0.88 x ((1 x 0.75 x 9.7) + (1 x 4.9 x 0.5)) = = 8.56/second.
So, OK, now the first hero has a bit under double the effectiveness in melee,

i am still cofused a bit, where did the 5 and .5 come from and the 4.9 and 0.6, and the 2 and the 1.

Alfryd

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The 2 and 1 are the extra targets the hero can strike, apart from his primary target. The 0.5 and 0.6 are his accuracy versus these opponents, as 0.75/1.5 and 0.9/1.5. You mentioned that this and damage would be reduced for subsequent targets.

XxaxX

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

okay, but in a 1 on 1 battle these wouldn't be counted, try the math without them.

90 HTH= 9.54
75 HTH= 6.402

seems fairly accurate to me, against more opponents however, yes the hero with 75 HTH would be slightly unblanced, but thats life, that hero will get better, i'm just trying to make it more realistic, okay

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty Wish List All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: