Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

About "The Sovereign IV"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> 1001 Ardanian Nights
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raistlin Archmagus

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

*Evil glare* No! I like Rhys. :-p

I will do this. Nothing in my life matters except this. No moment in my life exists except this moment. I am born in this moment, and if I fail, I will die in this moment. - Raistlin Majere

Falotar

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There you are, Raist. Now that you've no doubt lost interest in the story ... oh, and I beg to submit that it is morning still.

Raistlin Archmagus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

*Pokes* Was waitin' for you. ^_~ Was having some issues with my account, but now it's all settled, so...yay. ^_^

I will do this. Nothing in my life matters except this. No moment in my life exists except this moment. I am born in this moment, and if I fail, I will die in this moment. - Raistlin Majere

Sorotor

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It is that time of year again -- namely, my birthday, and a time to "resurrect" an old story in need of finishing. Not that The Soveriegn IV is near to completion, far otherwise, but it never will be unless we resume it.
I also have reasons for bringing it back, besides my love of the story itself. These reasons center around the new character I will introduce below (as if I didn't have enough characters already). He is to serve me as a way to re-open my inspiration, so that I can complete not only this tale but Apocalypse too. Also I'm hoping that his connections will give Raistlin the incentive to create Eastern characters for apocalypse - something desperately needed.
So, I now present my last character for The sovereign IV

Last edited by Sorotor on Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:31 am; edited 2 times in total

Sorotor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Scratch that last part. This story has enough characters. But, I still want to finish it. C'mon, Raist, where are you? I can't do this alone.

Raistlin Archmagus

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ooookay. *Deep breath* All right! I want to see this finished, as well - especially when I look back at the first, and realize how far we've come. :-p

Now. Anyway we can do a brief overview? There's going to be a war between D'Tar Mordin and...two other countries who's names I can't remember off hand. Sorry, I've gotta get off in ten minutes. Magicum's still crushed, more or less. We've got a king on the throne who's not incompetant, but far from great. He needs plenty of help from his horsey advisor (woah, Nero, anyone?). Damian's a wild child, not the best heir, and the best heir for Magicum is actually living in Valmorgan, and "dead." His sister's a self-concious kid who doesn't think she can do much to help...Riven's all caught up with Drexel and angst and Tanasril, while trying to rule a kingdom that really needs her as a human. *Scratches head* I think that's the blunt of my personal plots. Then there's Rhys, who has nothing in particular. What of yours? Just a quick overview, so I can jump back in. I don't write politics well, either, I should probably have mentioned that. ^_~

Sorotor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I don't know when you'll check up again, but I might as well post the overview now. Wink
First, the D'Tar Mordin plot. The Empire is facing imminent war with the combined forces of the Grand Duchy of Grov Urtat and the Kingdom of Shovrah-Dan, which alliance is headed by ... um ... King Dan. Was it Shorlin, Sevelin, or somebody else? Anyway, they are also at odds with the High Kingship of Sydrian. The primary reason for the conflict lies in the alliances between Shovrah-Dan and the Black Dragons, Sydrian and the Gold Dragons, and the Dragonsbane Oath of House Mordine. To pursue the annihilation of Dragonkind, the Mordines created the Cadre of (Dragon) Hunters, elite assassins whose primary goal is easily guessed. Cloud Wolf, their top assassin, is in Shovrah-dan preparing to kill the Black Archon against orders. His wife, Twilight Vixen, is in Magicum investigating Tanasril's legacy and lending support to the Mordine ambassador, who is also the heir to the imperial throne. Two other ambassadors, one a prince from Caer Sydrian and the other a Priestess from Shovrah-Dan, are also present, plotting plots.
For the Silveredges, things are more straightforward. Drexel is bearing the weight of Castle Silveredge, as well as his emotional relationship with Riven. Juster is completely obsessed by his search for Tanasril.
Speaking of Tanasril ... his loyal minions on the North Downs are awaiting his return. His apprentice, a magefel, has finally escaped the Black Valley and is heading back to the fortress on the Downs. The renegade equestrodens have reached the highlands north of the Dryad Forest and are laying the foundation for their own realm. Then the remaining magefels, also renegade, are situated in the ruins of Ferringberg, where their leader Ephinmor is building an army of undead. As for the great teratogenitor himself ... well, he's lurking about. With a new body and psychic ties to about half the other characters, he's nearly ready to return to Ardania and complete his revenge.
Lastly, the city of New Volencia, allied to Magicum, is in deep economic trouble thanks to the Dark Knights. Also knocking about are Prince Perovil and Greffen son of Dragun, both looking for revenge.

Raistlin Archmagus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oo, okay. Got it now, I think. *Rubs hands together* Should be fun. You know, I never, never thought we'd make four of these, when Is tarted the first one. Hell - I had been having doubts anyone would join! It was right before I left for camp, as I remember...hmm. Gotta figure out what year it was...

*Shakes head* No nostaligia! All right, gonna think up a post. Thanks! ^_^

Raistlin Archmagus

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

*Scratches head* Hmm. You know, I'm pretty sure I had an idea of who raided Magicum back when this started, but now I can't remember! >_< Any ideas, or preferences? I was thinking of some zealot or fanatical group from a kingdom, or a bunch of rogues. Gah, stupid short term memory...

Sorotor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You never said. Just called them bandits, I think.

Raistlin Archmagus

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hum. Well, as I see it, I can go with Tholaria, and perhaps make things interesting for Rhys. Or, it can be bandits, simple and clean. Or, it can be raiders from either Shovrah-Dan or....the name I can't remember, the Sydrian King. :p Any preference?

Sorotor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Never named the High King, I don't think. And he wouldn't launch a raid, because he is "virtuous". It wouldn't be an officially ordered attack from Shovrah-Dan, either, although Sevelin wouldn't be above accepting help from mercenaries or bandits. *shrug* Otherwise, I don't really care.

Raistlin Archmagus

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

'Kay. Bandits/mercenaries, then, because that leaves it plenty open. Any country could have paid them off, or they could be raiders in their own right. *Shrugs*

Sorotor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, the name of the High King? I've got it: Caryinal.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> 1001 Ardanian Nights All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: