Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

About "The Sovereign IV"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> 1001 Ardanian Nights
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raistlin Archmagus

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Characters

Ellaria Valmora-Magisray

A strong individual, Ella is overlooked by the rest of the family. In fact, the general public seems quite willing to forget that the fabled Golden Boy even has a sister. Buried in her brother's shadow, the princess rarely complains - trying to run away as a child didn't work quite as well as she planned. Since then, she's done her best to help Laur in his studies, learning tibits along the way. If given half the chance, Ella could easily prove herself as a great leader - but she'd never upstage her brother like that.

Laurent Valmora-Magisray

Tall and handsome, Laur was raised to be a hero. A strong Wizard, he has also been trained in swordplay. Though more interested in the mental art, he is also talented with a blade in his hand. Anyone looking at him cannot help but sigh, 'perfect.'

(Er - Will put up more soon, hopefully.)

I will do this. Nothing in my life matters except this. No moment in my life exists except this moment. I am born in this moment, and if I fail, I will die in this moment. - Raistlin Majere

Raistlin Archmagus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Meh. Looks like our posts got crossed - oh well. Not toom uch of a big deal, nyeh? ^_~

I will do this. Nothing in my life matters except this. No moment in my life exists except this moment. I am born in this moment, and if I fail, I will die in this moment. - Raistlin Majere

Cooker

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 10:43 am    Post subject: Valmor? Reply with quote Back to top

Is house Valmor supposedly allied with the high king?

Maybe Valmors entered both northern and southern alliance so open war does not break out.

TaleSpinner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Falotar,

Hero Personality Types in the Wish List are nice, but can I draw your attention back to this tale? Wink

Falotar

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ha. Beat you to it. no need to worry about me, TaleSpinner. But I think you have hungry readers howling at your door for more "Daughter of Krypta". Better get to work on a sequel.

Cooker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:57 pm    Post subject: Keep it up ! Reply with quote Back to top

please Keep up the great work

Cooker

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 9:13 pm    Post subject: Amuzing talk Reply with quote Back to top

the log of an interesting talk between me and Archmagus.

Quote:

FallenSun13: There. Not great, but it's something.
Labrat Innovator: http://www2.mythica.org/halo/hbo/the_lord_of_the_ring.mov
Labrat Innovator: saw it
Labrat Innovator: saw my dragon posts ?
FallenSun13: Looking now. Smile
FallenSun13: Interesting. Smile
Labrat Innovator: thanks
Labrat Innovator: hero eating at its best Smile
FallenSun13: Razz
Labrat Innovator: LOL, what'd ya think ?
FallenSun13: I liked it. ^_^
Labrat Innovator: I might add the archons have power over things like time
Labrat Innovator: so riven could be reverted
FallenSun13: Interesting.
Labrat Innovator: but I don't think a 30 feet glided lizard could be bothered with a horse Smile
FallenSun13: Lol - certainly not. ^_~
Labrat Innovator: wonder why riven doesn't take large doze of shapeshifting potions
FallenSun13: Wouldn't really work.
FallenSun13: Not permanently; she'd rather not get the momentary relief of being human, only to change back.
Labrat Innovator: no, he would not turn permanently
Labrat Innovator: but she at least could be govening the country while she could keep the potion flowing
FallenSun13: *Shakes head* She can't be buying potions when she has Magicum's failing economy to worry about. ^_~ Better to let Tomass be the face, and she do the advising.
Labrat Innovator: guess so, but I think she will probably import a lot of it from valmorgan at bargin price
Labrat Innovator: or she could really have a friend that is a wizard, and make those for free
FallenSun13: Razz Yeah, but she only has ties with Valmorgan through her cousin.
FallenSun13: So...
Labrat Innovator: she can at least "dress up" for Drexel or The emperor
FallenSun13: Besides, like I said - she wouldn't want to have to continually take potions, only to return to her form every so often.
FallenSun13: *Sticks out tongue*
Labrat Innovator: in the game, it would last at least half an hour a potion
FallenSun13: *Shrug*
FallenSun13: Still short.
FallenSun13: She wouldn't like it.
Labrat Innovator: so if she takes 24 ... and not getting poisioned, it would last half a day or so
FallenSun13: Pretending to be something she isn't.
Labrat Innovator: for important occations, like Dixel or the emperor, it would work
Labrat Innovator: whadda ya think?
FallenSun13: *Nod* I suppose...but, she wouldn't want to, really. Wouldn't want to pretend, even though it's who she was, and for special occasions.
FallenSun13: It wouldn't settle well with her.
Labrat Innovator: err, she is probably more rational then appearing as a HORSE infront of lord of most powerful realm in the north Smile
Labrat Innovator: she might do it even if it doesn't feel good ...
Labrat Innovator: I guess overdozing anything too much is no good, neither way
Labrat Innovator: what is the price of the potion in game ?
Labrat Innovator: like 400 or 600 GP right ?
Labrat Innovator: but I think if she runs the contry she might get a lot of it for free Smile
FallenSun13: No; she'd rather not hide her appearence - especially in front of someone as powerful as the emperor. He already knows what happened to her - better to appear as she is, then to let someone get their hopes up, only to show it's a farce. ^_~
Labrat Innovator: guess so
Labrat Innovator: I will post this chat log in the forum
Labrat Innovator: intresting discussion
FallenSun13: Lol - If you'd like. Put it in the About topic. Smile
Labrat Innovator: yeah

On a side note: the hunters will have a lot of fun evading the huge spotlight on top of southern palaces...

http://www.dance-lyrics.com/songs/baby_one_more_time_185.htm

Under the spot light

Quote:

Oh baby, baby
Oh baby, baby Oh baby, baby
How was I supposed to know
That something wasn't right here
Oh baby baby
I shouldn't have let you go
And now you're out of sight, yeah
Show me, how you want it to be
Tell me baby
'Cause I need to know now what we've got

My loneliness is killing me
I must confess, I still believe
When I'm not with you I lose my mind
Give me a sign
Hit me baby one more time

*thunder clap*

Falotar

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hahaha ... futile. Twilight and Cloud ... mist and shadow ... they're not called by those names for fun.

Cooker

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:43 am    Post subject: fun fun fun Reply with quote Back to top

That is true Fal, but these search lights will be able to spot an invasion fairly quickly. And if it doesn't happen to be raining, the dragons above will be able to come down and make short work on most armies.

As for The Mad Mage, is he going to invade the world above with a great deal of things like sludge monster and evil oculi?

BTW, I wonder why evil oculi are encountered in the stories yet :D

I have 3 days off this weekend, so if I feel like it, I might add something. I thought of a sense of the dragon lord running the court, he is a brilliant judge, but would often over looked sensitivity of mortals. Ö

The other sense I thought up is the joint practice between the royal navy and dragons. Because of importance of the royal navy, Sydrian might place tremendous importance on it.

I speculate Sydrian navy could sail up to Valmorgen, re-supply there, and sail up the coast to deliver a crippling blow to New Volencia in the same day, providing the city gets captured by anyone the high king doesnít like. (In the name of sovereign! Catapult sound) At least the southern navy could blockade Volencia port and cut down the tax the city pays to whoever owns it.

I canít find a map of Ardania at the moment, so I donít know if the southern navy could use Tholaria to stage a strike on house Mordine, but if they could, they probably wouldnít because Valmorgen have kind of decided to prevent military escalation though marriages.

I think the dragons would have an easy time manipulating the high kingship into open war with the empire, because the House Valmor would be essentially invading their cousins, and you know how that would work out.

btw, the last post was brilliant

Note on Lord Zaelin-Corindar:

I think Zaelin appear to be the kind of creature that would value the good of his people (?) over will of his master. While Berylluin seemed to be the kind that would put her devotion above everything else.

Just wondering

Falotar

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Two people, constitute an invason?
And no, Tanasril isn't going to invade anything ... physically. There is more than one kind of war.
Um, Cooker? I realize that if you haven't looked at a map you can be excused for your ignorance, but neither Tholaria nor D'Tar Mordin is on the coast. And they've got the Dark Forest and the Hellfire Mountains, not to mention Shovrah-Dan, seperating them.

Cooker

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 7:48 pm    Post subject: Sorry Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry Fal, i wasn't able to write this weekend. I was busy writing AI ( Archmagus can confirm you on that ) what I did manage is writing an AI that defeated myself in 14 moves. (the game was connect 4)

Raistlin Archmagus

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Theeeeeeeeeeeeeeere we go. So, here's my story:

School hates me. Yay. English teacher let us know we had an essay due at the end of this month at the beginning of November - it was on two of our summer reading books. Of course, the paper we were given also told us that we didn't need to finish these books until March. As you can see...it ain't March. -_- So, there's been much reading on my part. At least it was good...Still, I only finished the first book - but now the date's been moved back to December - so, I can slow down the reading for my last book. I found that out a week or so ago; what else has been keeping me from posting is that I had a big ol' DBQ of AP European History...but, now that's finished. Woo! So, back to posting, in between my own writing...yay. ^_^

Falotar

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome back, Raist. I was worried.
Now, who the deuce is this new girl?

Raistlin Archmagus

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

^_^ Was just getting to that...

Rhysallie Tholantis
Envoy of Tholaria

Rhysallie is hardly into her twenties, and a genius. She was a merchant. Born a trader, raised a trader. She's always been beautiful. Since she was little, she was lovely. She didn't notice until her late teens, however...When she caught the eye of a baron of Tholaria. He was a distant cousin of the king's, and looking for a wife. He was a bachelor once more, his wife having died that past winter of an illness. At first, Rhys was hardly inclined to marry the man. But, the position just couldn't be denied. She saw the patterns laid out before her. Her parents were getting old, and she had no siblings. If she did not marry this Baron, she may never have a good life. So they were wed, without love - on Rhysallie's part, at least. She was only too glad when Tholaria's king found out her abilities of observation, and had her trained as a sort of emissary. Recently, she was sent to Magicum, to keep an eye on things there.

Cooker

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

someone eat her with a dragon ?

hehe.

j.k

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> 1001 Ardanian Nights All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: