Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Monk vs. the One ring

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
XxaxX

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:42 am    Post subject: Monk vs. the One ring Reply with quote Back to top

okay let's just say that LotR and Majesty crossed paths. Do you think a monk would be able to resist Sauron's ring? if yes, what about a paladin?

wavefront

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Healer would be the best.

Healers will never attack anyone (though they will defend their temple) and will even heal enemy heroes.

BTW: The Quest for the Magic Ring comes close to what you describe.

XxaxX

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

im talking about whether or not a monk could resist the evil temptation of the one ring, based on what people know of LotR and Majesty

Spiderman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'd say neither as I view them still as "common fodder"; I don't really get attached to them, despite their "hero" status.

Maybe if they were level 20 or something... (in the game, which is feat)

Alfryd

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Subject to a successfull roll versus willpower every 24 hours, why not. Unless of course, the one ring is somehow involved in elven debauchery, in which case, the monk will enjoy complete vice-immunity. Drop the ring down an accomplice's cleavage, problem solved.

Spiderman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If the One Ring was implemented in Majesty, it'd probably lower WillPower (or gradually lower it as time goes on).

The general difficulty with this comparison is that you'd normally think "heroes" would resist the Ring (well, maybe not, look at Frodo), but in Majesty, "heroes" are commonplace because they're the force in Majesty. That's why I said they would have to be extra-ordinary in game terms for them to resist the Ring.

XxaxX

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

well at first frodo resisted the ring suprisingly well, then it started to creep up on him.

i think a monk would last about 40 days with the ring before it corrupted him completely
-a paladin, 29 days
-a healer: 37
-a wizard, 12
-a ranger: 12
a warrior: 13
a rogue: minus 2 days
a solarii: 14
an adept: 16
an elf: 0
a WoD: 1 (but once he was lost the ring would not be able to control his feeble little brain) Razz
Preistess: 2
cultist: 1
Barbarian: 3
a Gnome: 37

Hound

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ouch, a barbarian would last longer then a WoD? That hurts. Ooo, pretty shiny...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
M

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hound wrote:
Ouch, a barbarian would last longer then a WoD? That hurts. Ooo, pretty shiny...

I'd expect a Barbarian to last a lot longer actually. They're fanatical, so they wouldn't be corrupted so easily.

Hound

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Aye, be that as it may, the WoD is insane. What mind is left to conquer? I think the Discordian would be almost immune to the ring's power. While he may not have the mental capacity to resist it, he lacks the capacity to understand what it is or what it is telling him. Hence, I'd say a WoD would last longer then a Barb.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
XxaxX

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

by my opinion, a WoD would be pretty much instantly corrupted by it because they have no honor or will or dignity to care, but as i said the WoD is already a psychopath and the ring itself would have trouble getting it to do exactly what it needs

ex. the ring tells the WoD to kill a human, instead he just kills the next thing he sees whether its a human or not, somethin' like that.
I am XxaxX! (by the way that's spelled CAPITAL 'X' at the end AND front, and it's pronounced Zax, it is supposed to make you tremble, but seeing as my avatar is that of an un-named ranger, i think were past that point) P.S. enjoy the the free rok's.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: