Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

CYBERLORE REVEALS NEW SIM DIRECTION

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Cyberlore News and Information Service
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jay Adan

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 8:41 am    Post subject: CYBERLORE REVEALS NEW SIM DIRECTION Reply with quote Back to top

Sim games are the new focus for the developers of Playboy: The Mansion™

Northampton, MA – May 06, 2004 – Video game developer Cyberlore Studios, Inc. has revealed their choice to make simulation games (or "sims") the focus of their future development efforts. This announcement comes as Cyberlore is preparing to take the covers off of their latest Lifestyle Sim – Playboy: The Mansion at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) in Los Angeles next week.

"We've been moving in this direction for some time," said Joe Minton, President and CEO of Cyberlore. "During development of Majesty®: The Fantasy Kingdom Sim, the pieces began falling into place. The current work on Playboy: The Mansion has solidified our new focus."

Cyberlore has been creating video games spanning many genres and platforms for nearly twelve years. "As games become larger and more complex to create, we determined that it was vital to hone our skills with the goal of becoming the very best in the world at one genre," explains Minton. "We'll push the boundaries of the sim space and create new play experiences, as we are doing with Playboy."

Along with the new direction comes a new logo of a hand touching water and creating ripples. "In a sim game, small changes or decisions can have far-reaching affects as new, emergent behaviors are created. We intend to combine our history of innovation and the trust we've earned from our publishing partners with our new focus to create ripples felt throughout the industry," exclaimed Jay Adan, Cyberlore's Marketing Director.

Jay Adan

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

(We've updated the main web page now as well - it's just a temp site for now)

Krypta

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sims Rule.

Jay, I checked the time of your posts and their back to back. I don't want to be rude but you could use the edit function if you forgot to put something in.

Smile
3-Command & Conquer: Generals

wavefront

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Let me try to answer this one Jay....

* Wavefront starts using his psychic powers.... I sense that the first post was a "formal" press release and need to be distinguished from the less formal statement about the main page being temporary. *

Jay Adan

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I almost wrote that post but I figured that Krypta was just hasslin' me for fun anyway so I left it alone.

Twylah Skye

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Soooo....... MAJESTY TWO?????? HELLO?????? Update please??????

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Spiderman

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, the announcement made it into the Gamespy Newsletter! Very Happy

So I guess no more Battletech expansion packs then... I think someone asked about that in Games.

wavefront

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think that Cyberlore will only do Sims (at the exclusion of everything else). Sims will just me the main type of game they will work on.

Quote:
..simulation games (or "sims") the focus of their future development efforts.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Cyberlore News and Information Service All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: