Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

User's Manual/Tutorial

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> General Majesty Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Red Bird

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 1:52 pm    Post subject: User's Manual/Tutorial Reply with quote Back to top

I first played Majesty a little bit when it was first released a few years back and have not played it since. Until yesterday, that is. I picked up a copy at a local store that comes as just the CD case with no manual. I didn't worry because I recalled there was a tutorial included. The tutorial 'Bell, Book, and Candle' does not seem to work insofar as it does not give any instructions on the game or interface. Am I missing something, here?

Krypta

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Odd. I don't remember any instructions on that level. Just advice on what each building does.

Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green
3-Command & Conquer: Generals

Red Bird

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Krypta wrote:
Odd. I don't remember any instructions on that level. Just advice on what each building does.

Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green

Well, that quest is labeled as a tutorial but it does not tutor in any way. Is there a way to get a copy of the user's manual?

wavefront

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Red Bird,
Try looking on the CD for a file that has the maunal instructions in it. I seem to remember that the paper manual was converted to a file and put on the CD. It might be a .pdf or a text or HTML file format.
Good Luck.

Red Bird

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wavefront,

Thank you very much. I located the manual on the game CD.

Ersatz Phlogiston

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:16 am    Post subject: User's Manual/Tutorial Reply with quote Back to top

It's worse when one DL's the game.
If one thinks to look, there's a shortcut icon in the root directory that leads here, for which I finally considered looking after a long time probing the game interface with the mouse and pressing every keyboard combination I could think of.

Normally I can't spend much time online, but Online's where I must go for any information about the game. *Any* information: There's absolutely nothing for the newbie about the purpose of the game, how it's supposed to run, what one is supposed to do.

Such an amazing game, so much work and thought went into it, which is why it's also so amazing that the game comes without a scrap of hand-holding for the novice.

Good luck to me, browsing blindly these forums when I'm able to do so, unless I can find game docs.

Probably a forty-dollar Dummies book...

housefish

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

check out http://www.strategyplanet.com/majesty/strategy.shtml

there are a bunch of strategy guides there and even searching through this forum will probably get you a bunch of helpful tips

Spiderman

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If we're talking about the original Majesty, the beginner quests do a pretty good job of getting you up to speed on how the game works...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> General Majesty Discussions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: