Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

How much posts do I need to gain another rank?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> General Majesty Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Martin

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2001 2:22 am    Post subject: How much posts do I need to gain another rank? Reply with quote Back to top

Now I am a hero. What is the next rank and how much posts do I need to gain another rank? 100? 200? 300? 400...

------------------

Sorcerer

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2001 3:04 am    Post subject: How much posts do I need to gain another rank? Reply with quote Back to top

I don't want to be unpoilte to newbies. I really don't. BUT:
1) Post such things not in General Majesty Discussions but in General Discussions
2) Find a nice topic for it, don't create your own. Some people consider asking questions like this spamming. And it can be seen much better if you make new topic for each your post.
3) If you go on like that, you won't get a new rank. You'll be kicked out much sooner.
4) Maybe try to use the nice search button? It will save lots of nerves both for you and other forumers.
5) To say at least something polite - next rank is Champion at 100 posts, then Warrior of Discourse at 250, then Legendary Hero at 500, then Scion of Discourse at 1000.

REPEATING AGAIN - NOBODY HERE IS JUDGING PEOPLE BY THEIR NUMBER OF POSTS! EXCEPT YOU!

Martin

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2001 1:05 pm    Post subject: How much posts do I need to gain another rank? Reply with quote Back to top

I didn't say I will judge people by the number of posts. I am just intrested about the ranks.

------------------

Twylah Skye

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2001 3:02 pm    Post subject: How much posts do I need to gain another rank? Reply with quote Back to top

Martin,

Sorcerer wasn't implying that *you* were judging people by their ranks... he was letting you know that nobody here considers rank an issue.

I posted a message in the "Helpful Tips For New Folks" topic on May 13th, but I'm not sure everyone saw it. I'll copy part of it below, because I think it's relevant to your question and some of the activities that have taken place over the last week or so. If you want to read the entire original post, it's in the "Helpful Tips" topic.

- Twy
----------------

Over the past week or so, a few relatively new members of the Forum have been centering their Forum activities around raising their ranks and the discussion of rank-raising. Several topics have been started for the sole purpose of repeated nonsense posting. I have deleted all of the topics which fall into that category... and will continue to do so if the activity keeps up. This activity is nothing but *SPAM* and we don't spam the boards here in the Majesty Forum.

For the Forum members who are a part of the spamming activity, I ask you to please stop now. Rank-raising spam posts are a quick way to alienate the rest of your fellow Forum members, and you won't be making any friends... besides, the spam will only be deleted. This includes initiating topics about your own rank reaching a new level -- when you start a topic about rank, you are encouraging others to focus on their own ranks. That's NOT why we're here, folks.

This is a discussion forum, whether the discussion is about Majesty or not. This is not a contest to see who can get the highest rank in the fastest time. Anyone who believes that a member with "Henchman" status is taken any less seriously then a member with "Scion of Discourse" status is very very wrong. We all listen to each other here, regardless of forum-rank.

- Twylah Skye

------------------
Not really a Royal Advisor. I'm just the Forum Mommy!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Martin

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2001 11:11 pm    Post subject: How much posts do I need to gain another rank? Reply with quote Back to top

I will never ever do it again. I promise.

Falotar

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2001 12:02 am    Post subject: How much posts do I need to gain another rank? Reply with quote Back to top

Lock this thread! *Rattles a large padlock at Twylaw*.

------------------
Praise Dauros!

Twylah Skye

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2001 1:21 pm    Post subject: How much posts do I need to gain another rank? Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Falotar:
Lock this thread! *Rattles a large padlock at Twylaw*.

Nope. Martin promised he wouldn't do it again, so I'll assume the issue is dropped. For now. (sigh)

- Twy

------------------
Not really a Royal Advisor. I'm just the Forum Mommy!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> General Majesty Discussions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: