Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

What do you think about the BIG 2?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alfryd

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 12:48 pm    Post subject: What do you think about the BIG 2? Reply with quote Back to top

Goldy Bear,

I defer to your superior wisdom with regards the northern expansion, and particularly the sorcerer's abode. However, I would be tempted to say that respawning lairs, super lairs, outpost (meaning no helia/lunord,) and minimum gold is a very specific set of circumstances. Most hero classes are viable in a much wider variety of starting situations, which is in itself an unfair advantage.
Since healers, paladins and monks (+ warrior partering) are generally very strong on the defensive themselves, I wonder if your opponent wouldn't have been better off staying at home and promoting the economy in a similar fashion to yourself.

[ 25. September 2003, 01:58 PM: Message edited by: Alfryd, disciple of Krolm. ]

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 6:55 pm    Post subject: What do you think about the BIG 2? Reply with quote Back to top

Alfryd,

I am sure we both made strategic/tactical errors on those setting as they are not common MP settings. I usually have to play new settings several times before I become proficient at them. The same is probably true of most multi-players. They aren't traditional MP settings and they will never be a candidate for tournament or ladder games. I just meant that while it is true that Cultists are not the best hero choice for most MP games I still enjoy having them in the game for freestyle and quest play. I also enjoy playing unusual settings like these for variety in MP.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
RagingSpirit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 2:01 pm    Post subject: What do you think about the BIG 2? Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, feels so strange to be back.

Most of you probably don't even remember who I am.

Steven, how is your baby doing? I see that we can have avatars now. That's a nice feature.

I hope majesty 2 comes along soon. I haven't read through the whole topic, but does anyone have an approximate date?

Grumbold

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 10:25 am    Post subject: What do you think about the BIG 2? Reply with quote Back to top

Sadly all seems pretty quiet on the Majesty 2 front at the moment, as you can probably tell by the frequency of the posts. If I was a suspicious man, I'd be wondering if everyone was spending too much time vying to be the next invited to Hefs place instead of crunching M2 code

Oasis

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 12:22 am    Post subject: What do you think about the BIG 2? Reply with quote Back to top

I personally think that the Cultist should be given more stealth. And that rouges should have a fear of guards. Any rouge caught stealing from the settlement should be thrown into prison for a day to three. Also, the lawful heros should report the rouges.

dragonbloodthirsty

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 12:26 am    Post subject: What do you think about the BIG 2? Reply with quote Back to top

oh, but I like rouges... half the time there's no gold to steal because I keep taking it using the guild anyway. It'd be annoying if my rouges got sent to jail ALL THE TIME.

M

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 5:25 pm    Post subject: What do you think about the BIG 2? Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Metal Hands:
I personally think that the Cultist should be given more stealth.

What I wish is that they would actually use their stealth instead of just fighting or fleeing when they see an eneMy. They ought to sneak.

Oasis

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 6:17 pm    Post subject: What do you think about the BIG 2? Reply with quote Back to top

They do need to learn to use it don't they? Yes I agree with you.

Spiderman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 8:07 am    Post subject: What do you think about the BIG 2? Reply with quote Back to top

Is stealth actually a stat? It's been so long...

Actually, if a day/night cycle is introduced, that might be useful...

Alfryd

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 6:39 pm    Post subject: What do you think about the BIG 2? Reply with quote Back to top

Stealth doesn't seem to be a stat at present. But Cultists will get Camouflage in the event of reaching level 4. It would be more sensible for them to sneak, but the question is, where to? Should they just ignore enemies en-route while they're cloaked?
Hmm. A cultist could select a weak opponent from some distance off- a priestess or wizard, say- ignore any entourage, and close in for the kill. Then cloak again when they need to flee. Hell, they'd actually present value for money then.
What I'd like to see is healers learning to flee in situations that certainly do merit it. They're perfectly oblivious to hordes of agressors while they're planting herbs. Also, follow and support arrangements could be set up a little better so that leading heroes wait for their followers, and following heroes try to pick safer spots to cover their buddy, rather than simply trailing behind like zombies.

Spiderman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 8:00 am    Post subject: What do you think about the BIG 2? Reply with quote Back to top

I think the Camouflage is more meant to "protect" the Cultist so as he does whatever his decision tree tells him to do, he doesn't get whacked on the way. Only when he's going to a reward flag as part of his decision is it an "offensive" thing where he can "sneak" up to the monster, but it's more a "thing" the Cultist does while blithely going about his business, rather than a "conscious" decision to use it to achieve his goals (does that make sense? It's hard to explain )

Oasis

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 7:19 pm    Post subject: What do you think about the BIG 2? Reply with quote Back to top

In other words, when the cultist needs to decide on something he becomes camoflauged. It is not a consciencous thought, just something that happens.

I think the sneek plan is too eleborate for a servent of "CHAOS".

Spiderman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 7:34 am    Post subject: What do you think about the BIG 2? Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I think he just casts it whenever he can - he "learns" it, casts it, does his business, it wears off, waits until he "recharges" and casts it again, etc.

Oasis

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 5:02 pm    Post subject: What do you think about the BIG 2? Reply with quote Back to top

Becuase I can I do? Got it!

smeagol

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 3:01 am    Post subject: What do you think about the BIG 2? Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Tiger:
Well put Goldy
I think we can count on Cyberloo to put good variety and balance on whatever heroes/units/monsters/deadhorses that windup in the finished project. At least they should if they want us all to buy the game.

One of my top reasons for purchasing and playing a game is the replay factor...having balance greatly increases this, and also having good and reliable online play also greatly increases longevity.
I rarely give a grade on a game until I have played it online....and if you cant play it online...whats the point?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty 2 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: