Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

What do you think about the BIG 2?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Diablo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 2:44 am    Post subject: What do you think about the BIG 2? Reply with quote Back to top

Leaving to Iraq? Why would anyone want to do that?

This Krolm rush thing sounds nice... have to try it sometime...

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 10:54 am    Post subject: What do you think about the BIG 2? Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Diablo:
Leaving to Iraq? Why would anyone want to do that?

Members of the U.S. military don't usually get to chose to where or when they will be assigned....

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Diablo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 11:39 pm    Post subject: What do you think about the BIG 2? Reply with quote Back to top

Oh so Craig's in the US military... may the Gods be with him...

WorldMuscle

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 1:27 pm    Post subject: What do you think about the BIG 2? Reply with quote Back to top

Lets hope the cultists can recruit high level monsters like they should be able to now but aren't.

M

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 4:33 am    Post subject: What do you think about the BIG 2? Reply with quote Back to top

Let's hope cultists don't exist in Majesty: Legends.

Grumbold

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 8:54 am    Post subject: What do you think about the BIG 2? Reply with quote Back to top

I kinda liked the cultists.

Right now I'm just itchy for any extra information I can get

Xristina

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 9:35 pm    Post subject: What do you think about the BIG 2? Reply with quote Back to top

I'm itching too :-) A friend suggested that I try out Stronghold. I'm not a big Sim fan, but the one thing I liked most about Majesty was all the little things like the detailed buildings and charming voices.

Spiderman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 6:41 am    Post subject: What do you think about the BIG 2? Reply with quote Back to top

Stronghold isn't bad but definitely an emphasis on fighting (unless you go for the economic campaign, which still has some fighting in it).

Alfryd

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 9:19 pm    Post subject: What do you think about the BIG 2? Reply with quote Back to top

Let's hope cultists don't exist in Majesty: Legends.

Amen. Instead, it seems they're cutting monks.
Must, restrain... urge to kill...

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 9:59 pm    Post subject: What do you think about the BIG 2? Reply with quote Back to top

I think it would be a mistake to make any assumptions about which heroes will be included or excluded from Majesty: Legends. Jay made it pretty clear that what pics they have posted on the 'net were drawn from a quick prototype. However, there is nothing wrong with expressing your wishes and likes and dislikes. I am sure Cyberlore considers all such input whether they use it all or not. I personally like all the hero types for different situations in the game and would not vote for any of them to be evicted. I like the variety.

[ 16. September 2003, 11:00 PM: Message edited by: Goldy_Bear ]

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Spiderman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 6:41 am    Post subject: What do you think about the BIG 2? Reply with quote Back to top

Ditto.

Alfryd

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 4:35 pm    Post subject: What do you think about the BIG 2? Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I certainly don't want to see cultists in their current form. Variety is all well and good, the combat ability of tapioca is not. A first-level paladin could chew through a dozen hellbears and still have enough steam to cream their tamers. And solari will eat your wendigo for breakfast.

Kudos!

The graphics look very very nice.

[ 17. September 2003, 05:36 PM: Message edited by: Alfryd, disciple of Krolm. ]

Spiderman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 7:33 am    Post subject: What do you think about the BIG 2? Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, but look how long it takes and how much money you need before you can get them...

of course they're good, you get what you pay for.

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 9:57 am    Post subject: What do you think about the BIG 2? Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.cyberlore.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=20;t=000180

Here is an example of a freestyle game in which Cultists are hands down the best choice for defending your town. The problem with this particular feestyle is that when your heroes are out of town destroying lairs the wendigos and werewolves move in and destroy the buildings in the undefended town. They are also the cheapest, early, viable defense with limited starting gold of 10K.

I also had fun playing this game in multiplayer against a skilled opponent. I forgot about the fact that with Outpost (no palace) start that you could not build loyalty structures. I went with Cultists to start whereas my opponent went with Healers and Monks. Too late I realized I would not be able to recruit the only serious muscle unit of WoD's. I figured the game would be fun but an automatic loss. As it turned out every time my opponent tried to wage an assault on my town the wendigo and werewolves moved in destroying his guilds and economy buildings. My town was well defended with charmed wendigo and skeletons. My economy buildings flourished and I was able to defeat my opponent with a superior economy and Earthquake.

My point is tha some people play only certain types of maps or certain types of multi-player games (most probably because that is what they like). Those popular MP maps do not lend themselves to cultists as a good combat unit. I do not disagree with that. However, the game has more depth and options for play than many multi-players try out. There are a lot of Majesty fans who never play multi-player but only play quests and freestyle. For them there are many situations for which Cultists are a good, handy unit to play with. I would hate to see the Cultists removed from the game because those who play a certain style of multiplayer games have no use for them. I stand by my vote for variety and depth to the game which will appeal to a broader spectrum of Majesty fans.

Tiger

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 12:33 am    Post subject: What do you think about the BIG 2? Reply with quote Back to top

Well put Goldy
I think we can count on Cyberloo to put good variety and balance on whatever heroes/units/monsters/deadhorses that windup in the finished project. At least they should if they want us all to buy the game.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty 2 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: