Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

What do you think about the BIG 2?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Decorn1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 7:26 pm    Post subject: What do you think about the BIG 2? Reply with quote Back to top

Hello there, fellow majesty fans. Decorn here. I personally think that the sequel looks great! From what I get from the screenshots, it looks like they are making it into a much more engaging 3D sim, and the graphics appear to be very high-end. And we must also take into account the fact that the graphics or interface will probably improve dramatically. I can't wait until it's out! Normally I'd be dissapointed at the prospect of there being a sequel: All of my forum topic collecting and skill-perfecting would be put to waste, as a new game would come out and essentially "replace" the first one. However, this looks like the kind of sequel that takes off where the first one ended. For example, the obvious problems with the original The graphics are stunning, equal almost to those from The Two Towers, or even realMYST. And from what the interveiw says, I think we can trust good ol' Jay and the rest at Cyberlore to keep the sequel true to the original. Great work, Cyberlore!

The rest of you fans can go ahead and post opinions here.

Cooker

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 4:56 pm    Post subject: What do you think about the BIG 2? Reply with quote Back to top

I am pleased you are back, I am also pleased with the sequel, but no judgment should be made at the current moment, because judging a house by its frames is not wise. I would have commented more if there is more information available.

Decorn1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 1:30 pm    Post subject: What do you think about the BIG 2? Reply with quote Back to top

You're right. *Shigh* It'll probably be years before the next sneak peak... I do have one question, though, Jay: Is the sequel going to assume that you've played the original game, or does it feature all the old unique monsters in new quests? And will it be more of a RTS, City Sim, or... well, you know what I mean.

[ 09. June 2003, 02:52 PM: Message edited by: Decorn the Mighty ]

Diablo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 6:17 am    Post subject: What do you think about the BIG 2? Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, before this topic, I didn't even know there was going to be a Majesty 2.. can anyone link me to the pics mentioned above?

Spiderman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 7:35 am    Post subject: What do you think about the BIG 2? Reply with quote Back to top

The screenshots of Maj 2 (also called Majesty: Legends right now) can be found here

Diablo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 10:01 am    Post subject: What do you think about the BIG 2? Reply with quote Back to top

AW$0/\/\3!!!! THE GRAPHICS ROCK!!! COMPLETELY BLEW ME OFF!!!

Hey wait, isn't that going to need a better video card than an Intel Chipset Graphics Driver?

Decorn1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 4:06 pm    Post subject: What do you think about the BIG 2? Reply with quote Back to top

I just hope they keep the trader guy in the final game. He's so cuuuute. And of course I'm glad that Dirgo's in it. He's just so amazing-looking, with the chest hair and beer gut. In 3D, you can really see how he moves and acts from every different angle.

Steven Of Nine

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 11:04 pm    Post subject: What do you think about the BIG 2? Reply with quote Back to top

Not if you have a really good imagination.

smeagol

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 12:37 am    Post subject: What do you think about the BIG 2? Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Spiderman:
The screenshots of Maj 2 (also called Majesty: Legends right now) can be found here

I agree with Merlin the Black who said:

No judgment should be made at the current moment, because judging a house by its frames is not wise. I would have commented more if there is more information available.

Are their any Movies or avi's or anything out yet?
(I never really enjoyed watching home-slides that much growing up, but could stay awake through the home-8MM and videotapes LOL)

Spiderman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 8:15 am    Post subject: What do you think about the BIG 2? Reply with quote Back to top

You also have to remember that Jay has said that a lot of those shots was preliminary art/placeholder so there was something to show at E3. Maj2 is still in the early stages right now.

Craig

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 6:30 am    Post subject: What do you think about the BIG 2? Reply with quote Back to top

Heck yeah finally a New Majesty. I've been waiting awhile just like the rest of you. I remember playing with Kit and them back in the day and then Majesty sorta died but I've never stopped loving it I am looking forward to its release right now I'm in Germany so when It comes out I'll probably have to get it sent here from the states so I can play it. I like the way the screenshots look also. It sounds like theres going to be some good technology used in its creation. I emailed blue myrddn at MFO to see if they were going to cover it I asked him if I could help since I used to be part of the maj staff over there I have yet to see a reply I will try emailing them again. The only thing is I might be leaving to Iraq for awhile and that might hold me back but I'm going to try. Anyways anyone here from golem in awhile or kit. Hi to dragon twylah steven housefish goldy and everone else I new back in the day. Krolm rush anyone?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Diablo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 9:57 am    Post subject: What do you think about the BIG 2? Reply with quote Back to top

What's a Krolm rush?

Steven Of Nine

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 12:41 pm    Post subject: What do you think about the BIG 2? Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Craig:
Hi to dragon twylah steven housefish goldy and everone else I new back in the day. Krolm rush anyone?

Hey, a blast from the past! Hiya.

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 12:46 pm    Post subject: What do you think about the BIG 2? Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Craig:
....The only thing is I might be leaving to Iraq for awhile and that might hold me back but I'm going to try.

Please take care and stay safe Craig.....

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Cooker

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 11:31 pm    Post subject: What do you think about the BIG 2? Reply with quote Back to top

30k no monsters, ranger, explore flag on the other corner, 2 K-temples, 12 barbs, flag on castle, constant ROK

done.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty 2 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: