Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

New Buildings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Krypta

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 2:13 pm    Post subject: New Buildings Reply with quote Back to top

I have not heard any talk about new buildings in majesty 2. The last thing I want is for this to be like Roller Coster Tycoon2 and be the first game but more complicated. Does anyone have suggestions on any new buildings (other then temples and guilds, go to new heroes).

tommyhaych

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was thinking the other day that they should be able to include a farm. This would be able to supply food to the market and make the player a fat wad of cash Very Happy

Apple

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's already been done, although they called it a Trading Post.

Alfryd

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Except that farms could be arbitrarily close to eachother.

What I'd be interested in is to have resource-generating buildings like farms, quarries, orchards, etc. spring up automatically (like hice) to cover a certain amount of territory, provided that the peasants living nearby feel reasonably safe. The major cash-producing buildings like marketplaces/mills/smitths etc. would be dependant on these for their production, so a player's economic supremacy would be dependant on the control of territory. This would help to avoid turtling syndrome in multiplayer.

You could also turn certain buildings in majesty into zones/quarters/districts in Maj2, such as the Fairgrounds, Marketplace, Palace Bailey, Forest and Elven District. Do it correctly and you could entirely avoid having to place buildings explicitly at all, thus reducing micro, much like the heroes. It would allow you to significantly expand the economic aspect of the game while maintaining an RTS pacing.

You could *encourage* the placment of particular buildings using a "contract flag" where you offer to pay a certain portion of the startup costs for a given business or industry, and gain partial ownership of the firm. Similarly, most R&D would happen by itself, but you can speed and direct the process through cash investment in healing potions, steel forging, etc.

But, back on topic, suggestions might be:

Farmland/Orchard/Wharf
Quarry/Mine
Mill/Baker/Brewer/Fletcher
Apothecary/Food Stall
Jewellers/Bank
Tanners/Tailors/Furriers
Arboretum/Chapel

And perhaps a little more variety in housing:
Manor House/Townhouse/Tenement/Cottage/Slum

But that's nothing you couldn't learn in Remedial Sim Design 101. Personally, I would favour fewer buildings with more depth to their function and better mutual integration than slapping in many buildings with marginal or ill-defined function. Something MajX, IMHO, suffered from.

Spiderman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's starting to sound like Stronghold now... Smile

whmice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:21 pm    Post subject: maaaan Reply with quote Back to top

maaaaaaan h6 will be out before majesty...
the game is as dead as the monsters after the grave dissapears Razz
i doupt well ever get majesty2. i mean how many years have passed already? how many new games came out? m2 will be history (pssst contradict me here please so ill have a reason to keep dreamin' Wink )
Wizard: no, its at the end of it...
eternity is nothing to me.... but its something to others Razz

Sulfuric.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm...
I don't think that, after all this time, they would give up on it.
I mean, the screenshots looked pretty in depth, so I am guessing teh game should be near to being released.

Dunno though, you could be right.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Will the Spellcaster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

All they really lack is a publisher, from my understanding at least. I don't know if they've had to stop development on it untill they find one, or if they've comtinued, but they really wouldn't put this much effort into it only to have it cancelled. It's only been 3 years since the expansion, I think. 5 since the original. Considering things, that's not too bad.

BSPiotr

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Considering HL2 took 5 years to make, Majesty 2 is still a young idea lol, and I believe it will be made... eventually...

I lik ethe idea of civic building.. just dont make it too much like simcity...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty 2 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: