Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

new character classes
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wizard-lord Baldur

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 6:10 pm    Post subject: new character classes Reply with quote Back to top

hey people whats up im back from my long sabbatical in seventh grade

what new character classes do we want to see in M2? i want druids, amazons,death knights that you get at a wiz guild with krypta and clerics that you get at a wiz guild with argrela

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
floyd

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 4:46 pm    Post subject: new character classes Reply with quote Back to top

good ideas baldur

how bout somebody with a poleax? i wanna see somebody really get hacked!

well considering that i am wizard-lord baldur on a different login name of course i think the ideas are good!

neway they oughta have 6 new gods: a god of water, fire, earth, air, and then two new level 3 gods of Darkness and Light, darkness requiring a level 3 temple to krypta and a level 3 temple to fervus, and Light requiring level 3 temples to agrela and dauros.

[ 16. October 2003, 07:27 PM: Message edited by: da kultist king ]

Tiger

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 10:46 pm    Post subject: new character classes Reply with quote Back to top

Your ideas are ok but just a reminder in regards to your ideas for Gods of light and darkness. There kind of already are gods for that.
Helia = Day/Sun Goddess
Lundord = Moon/Night God

floyd

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 9:46 am    Post subject: new character classes Reply with quote Back to top

doofus those gods arent evil theyre opposites

also there would be druids and conjurers that a mutually exclusive from wizards guilds so you cant have any two or three. conjurers would summon things and druids would be tougher less magical wizards

at the druids guild fire and water special guys get recruited (like at the warriors guild with WoDs and pallies) and at the conjurers guild special rock and air guys get recruited

Hydrian_Waterlord

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 9:58 am    Post subject: new character classes Reply with quote Back to top

I like those ideas, but here's another.

They're called War Halls, and at a War Hall, you can train a different unit for every god you pick. For example, if you build a temple to Agrela, you can train one Acolyte. An Acolyte is a monk/cleric like unit.

Here are the rest of the things I think you should be able to train at a War Hall.

Agrela=Acolyte
Dauros=Valkyrie
Fervus=Zealot
Krypta=Necrotemplar
Hydrian(Water God)=Naiad
Crispin(Fire Goddess)=Efreet
Hermiad(Air God)=Cloud Rider
Jelryen(Earth God w/Dwarves)=Dwarven Catapult
Jelryen(Earth God w/out Dwarves)=Witch

Hydrian_Waterlord

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 10:03 am    Post subject: new character classes Reply with quote Back to top

I also also think that each new god you can choose from gives you new spells (duh).
If you read my post above, I suggested that the new god names me Hydrian, Crispin, Jelryen, and Hermiad.
Below are my ideas for new sovereign spells.

Hydrian(Water God)-Rain, Guardian Waves, Waterspout

Crispin(Fire Goddess)-Flame Bolt, Lava Blast, Summon Fire Elemental

Jelryen(Earth Goddess)-Rock Sling, Stone Skin, Control Beast

Hermiad(Air God)-Levitation, Thunderclap, Hailstorm

Falotar

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 1:39 pm    Post subject: new character classes Reply with quote Back to top

You do realize that there are already gods for air and fire, do you not? Lunord is the god of the Moon and the winds, and Helia, as sun-Goddess, has quite obviously power of fire as well.
Myself, I'm not inclined towards element-specific gods anymore than I am in favour of race-specific gods. I did invent a water-god, but he was the Lord of Waters, not water - of rivers, pools, seas and especially oceans and of the creatures that dwell therein, not of water as a general concept/element.
And, about Gods of Light and Darkness: in the strictly literal sense, Tiger is right: Helia is the Goddess of the Sun, and therefore of light, warmth, fire, and anything else commonly associated with the Sun. Lunord is the God of Moon, and as the Moon reigns over the night, so does he - so he has moonlight, nighttime, air and wind. as his domains.
But, if by "Light" and "Darkness" you mean good and evil, then there is a difference, and I think Tiger was being facetious with his remark. Still, there is something to it. Helia does stand for goodness: the light and sanity of day, the cleansing and purifying element of fire - never mind that her Solari are as dedicated to destroying evil as the Paladins. Lunord, on the other hand, is King of the Night, and all that goes with it. From "Luna" (Moon, if you didn't know or guess) comes lunacy, and it would be well to remember just what triggers the transformation in Werewolves. Both the Moon and the night it rules are linked, therefore, to evil.
Besides which, there are Krypta and Fervus - Death and Chaos. Now, while not perhaps evil, death and chaos are negative, and evil is the essence of negativity. Krypta is, in fact, not as purely negative as Fervus; for while the Masked God is simply chaos personified, Krypta is the lady of both death and the life after death.
Over and beyond those two, there is a purely evil god: Grum-Gog, Lord of Pestilence (well, actually he's a demi-god, but considering that evil is a weakness, it's only fitting). Grum-Gog lives, apparently, to undo the work of his siblings and parents. So there's an evil god for you. If you really want to pursue the idea, Baldur, it would probably be best to invent a sect of humans dedicated to Grum-Gog.
As for goodness, there's Helia as I said before, and also Dauros and Agrela. Dauros is not (as some have misrepresented him) the god of law, but the god of Justice, as well as the patron of fair commerce. Agrela is the Good Mother; she embodies love, life, and mercy.
There. Please keep all this in mind when you speak or think of new gods.

floyd

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 1:56 pm    Post subject: new character classes Reply with quote Back to top

yeah i know youd need the air guy for helia and the wind god for lunord as prerequisites
dude if you look up the thread youd notice that i said youd need the evil sides for darkness and the good sides for light

[ 18. October 2003, 02:59 PM: Message edited by: da kultist king ]

Falotar

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 8:17 pm    Post subject: new character classes Reply with quote Back to top

You're not clear. What do you mean, "you'd need the air guy for Helia and wind god for Lunord"? Lunord is the wind/air god, and is opposed to Helia.
And either you did not read my post in its entirety, or it was so long that I obscured my point: No god of light/goodness is needed, because Helia, Dauros and Agrela together cover that sufficiently; and no god of evil/darkness is needed, because there are already several supernatural beings of evil, and any of them could be worshipped as a "god" by misguided followers. This may not satisfy you if you want a truly evil deity, but a powerful deity of either pure goodness or darkness is not, I think, in Majesty's line.
A further note: none of the existing Ardanian deities is evil. I wish to stress that. Krypta, Fervus and Lunord are dark, and maybe some of their followers are inclined towards evil, but the three are themselves neutral. The current pantheon is made up of seven gods, are of which work towards the common good, even if they are divided by fueds and quarrels.

Hydrian_Waterlord

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 9:18 pm    Post subject: new character classes Reply with quote Back to top

Adding a purely evil god would be nice, I think. Not a god of shadows, or night like Lunord, Krypta, and Fervus, but a purely Evil God, or maybe a Goddess. She/He could be called Cirukate, or Hellmonger, or maybe just "the Evil One".

If you choose this evil god/dess, you could not choose any other gods or goddesses, but her followers and spells would be well worth it.

Falotar

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 1:43 am    Post subject: new character classes Reply with quote Back to top

I say again, a truly evil god does not seem Majesty's style. But, still, I understand you. I would say, not a god, but some other entity, should be the ultimate evil.
As for new hero classes, which I gather this is all about, I have said a mouthful about them already. Look up "Ideas for Majesty II," in the Wishlist, if you're interested.

Falotar

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 1:30 pm    Post subject: new character classes Reply with quote Back to top

Not necessarily. Witches, in this case, would use air- or wind-related spells. Wizards use fire spells. But I, personally, don't think they should be related to any god.
I recall my "elemental compass," as I dubbed it: Wizards for fire, Warlocks for water, Geomancers for earth, and Witches for air. Wizards and Geomancers could exist simultaneously, but not with Witches and Warlocks, and vice-versa. So, you could have fire and earth, or wind and water, but not both. I never really explored the ramifications of this concept, though.

Hydrian_Waterlord

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 11:03 pm    Post subject: new character classes Reply with quote Back to top

I think that if there was a god of pure evil, there would have to be some Quest in which you had to defeat the worshippers of that evil god.

But I think Falotar is right in saying that a truly evil god is not majesty style.

Wouldn't it be neat if you could build a temple to Grum-Grog, and in return you could train Goblin Shaman heroes?

Hydrian_Waterlord

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 11:08 pm    Post subject: new character classes Reply with quote Back to top

It would also be cool if building a temple to Lunord let you train Witches and a special building, and choosing Helia let you train Enchantresses and the same building.

floyd

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 11:42 pm    Post subject: new character classes Reply with quote Back to top

except witches would be the exact same thing as wizards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty 2 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: