Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Give MAJESTY 2 a World Builder Please!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WorldMuscle

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 8:54 pm    Post subject: Give MAJESTY 2 a World Builder Please! Reply with quote Back to top

This is vital to majesty. I want to be able to create scenarios where I search out an evil hero of high level and power, and then have to defeat them to win, or fight an invading hero group etc. The freestyle settings are just to limited, a scenario/map editor would be great, and its something that I wish Majesty had. I'd buy another copy of majesty right now if a map/scenario builder was included just for that itself.

Tiger

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 10:47 pm    Post subject: Give MAJESTY 2 a World Builder Please! Reply with quote Back to top

It seems/seemed like there was support for this idea from all around, even from within Cyberlore, except from those who could actually impliment it.

yodarunamok

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I would love to see this in the next version. Seems like it would be good for the community too.

Oasis

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like it!

Mace

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

An editor was the only thing Majesty lacked, IMO. It would be great if Maj2 had one Smile

-Mace

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The Cheshire Cat

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, a map editor would be an awesome feauture. It can easily double the lifetime of the game.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
roguelangton

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

a map editor please cyberlore, with many options, and its true it would give the game more life and make it even funner then it already is, majesty is the best game ever created!!!!! .............i jsut wish it had a better map editor

gamepharaoh2

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i play a game called age of empires and it is almost like majesty im sorry for all you majesty fans but age of empires is the best game in the world. how could he say that you might ask? well age of empires actually had a map editor and you can make an endless amount of scenarios with it. im sure if majesty had this feature it would be my favorite instead of age of empires

Lurn

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Relatively easy user modding would be nice, too. Just some things like being able to add all or some of the below:

New buildings
New heroes
New technologies
New hero spells
New sovereign spells
New monsters
New monster lairs
New henchmen
Etc., etc., etc., etc.

Wink

Alfryd

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Careful. Exceptional ease of use and flexibility can, paradoxically, lead to a decline in custom content quality. Just look at the custom maps on battle.net. *shudder*
The simplest way to do it might be to produce a C++ library providing needed access to game functionality. A few recent game releases are actually at that stage or one step away from it, though mainly in the FPS genre. You don't have to provide a custom script, and you give your power-users a means of powerful, immediate access to the game engine.
Of course, a simpler, standard world-builder should also be included, for the developers' convenience as much as players'. Creating complex levels, missions and campaigns is much easier if you have a GUI for the purpose at your disposal.
Also essential is some form of map protection, to prevent third parties from cracking the map and taking credit for your work. I'm not sure precisely how this could be worked out- the map needs to be openable in-game, but not in the editor. Perhaps some variant of public-key encryption? Difficult to think which parties would have the key, though. Perhaps the map owner supplies the password when playing? Of course, that leave public distribution maps up for public modification. Maybe that's only fair. Or maybe a secure central server could be automated to supply the password to the host machine (but not the host player,) of anyone who wishes to use the map. Possibilities abound...

Spiderman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gamepharaoh2 wrote:
i play a game called age of empires and it is almost like majesty...

How is Age of Empires like Majesty? I've played AoE 2 and it's nothing like Majesty... it's more like Warcraft. Direct control of units, resource gathering, armies... nothing like Majesty.

MajestyTyb

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, a world builder tool would be great! An easy to use tool that would give you the freedom to make any map or scenario you want.

Also don't forget to include a map/scenario/mod organizer. It should be simple to share/download/install things created in a world builder.

Alberinian Wildmaster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes! Please give Majesty 2 a Map editor!!!

Jay Adan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

End-user tools are something that we REALLY like and want to see implemented in future games.

Alberinian Wildmaster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Jay Adan wrote:
End-user tools are something that we REALLY like and want to see implemented in future games.
YESSS!!! That is great news! Thank you, Jay!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty 2 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: