Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Majesty 2 screenshot discusion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
M

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 5:49 pm    Post subject: Majesty 2 screenshot discusion Reply with quote Back to top

Has anyone thought of the fact that the "Wings" could be a PHOENIX? Even just a BIRD? Did you notice it has a head?

Dragon

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 6:36 pm    Post subject: Majesty 2 screenshot discusion Reply with quote Back to top

Of course, Cyberlore still does not have a publisher yet. Perhaps we should send e-mails to Atari (used to be Infogrames) and advise them to pick up the title.

The only good e-mail address I could find was nbushkin@atari.com.

housefish

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 11:47 pm    Post subject: Majesty 2 screenshot discusion Reply with quote Back to top

It looks more like a god/goddess with wings more then a bird.

Venstar Trailblazer

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 9:40 pm    Post subject: Majesty 2 screenshot discusion Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by housefish:
It looks more like a god/goddess with wings more then a bird.

That gives me a thought, wouldn't it be cool if you could cast a spell(or something liek that) and the gods would help you, or fight for a limited time?

Vizzerdrix

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 11:01 pm    Post subject: Majesty 2 screenshot discusion Reply with quote Back to top

not to offend anyone but....although im glad that the game is in development and the screenshots are 3D, i think the game looks cartoony. as in, it looks like a game for little kids. maybe that's true Majesty is a family game but the screenshots gave the impression that this is like one of those kiddie pc games like "Backyard Baseball." i think the merchant gives it away. but im not saying the merchant should be deleted, he looks hilarious!

Venstar Trailblazer

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 11:14 pm    Post subject: Majesty 2 screenshot discusion Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with Vizzerdrix.

Jay Adan

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 10:32 am    Post subject: Majesty 2 screenshot discusion Reply with quote Back to top

Don't read TOO much into what you see in those screenshots. This is still early in development and many things were put in as placeholders. The Amazon, for example, may or may not end up in the final game and may or may not be associated with Dauros. The fact is that the Temple to Dauros was one of the first buildings based on the original Majesty buildings to be completed and the Amazon is based on a character that was one of the first full 3D characters designed to show off our original 3D engine. We needed to show the interaction between temple/guild and hero. These two were the first completed so they were brought together for the purposes of the demo.

The merchant was definitely a move toward a more humorous, approchable-style character design than before. Majesty has always had lot of humor to it. In fact the original design document for Adventurer's Paradise (Majesty's working title) had MUCH more humor than the final product. Still, this should not be considered final.

[ 28. May 2003, 11:33 AM: Message edited by: Jay Adan ]

Mogor

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 4:46 pm    Post subject: Majesty 2 screenshot discusion Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
The merchant was definitely a move toward a more humorous, approchable-style character design than before. Majesty has always had lot of humor to it. In fact the original design document for Adventurer's Paradise (Majesty's working title) had MUCH more humor than the final product. Still, this should not be considered final.[/qb]
HUMOR! HUMOR! Don't hold back this time! Please? Little jokes, and funny things make a game so much more enjoyable.

I am personally sick of nothing but hardcore strategy games. I mean, sure, some games (liek Total War) that reflect REAL history should be serious for the sole purpose of a realistic protrayal of reality (i don't quite know if that makes sense to anyone other than me), but games like Majesty should be all about having nice, relaxing fun. Humor really makes that possible in a game like this, as long as it isnt over done, then good gameplay can easily be the main part to it.

[ 28. May 2003, 05:50 PM: Message edited by: Mogor ]

Venstar Trailblazer

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 5:48 pm    Post subject: Majesty 2 screenshot discusion Reply with quote Back to top

I also like humor. But sometimes humor is not necassary, like in the final level in majesty 2. What I think would be cool is a final level that you can't win, showing the moral of good doesn't always win, but if there was a sequel to that game it would be the uprise of Ardania. Hey Jay, I saw your name in the credits of majesty. I thought that was cool.

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 11:26 pm    Post subject: Majesty 2 screenshot discusion Reply with quote Back to top

so the moral of this story is.....

Assume nothing.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
JustinSnow

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Majesty 2 screenshot discusion Reply with quote Back to top

Golem XV wrote:
i hope its got a good multiplayer still thats was probably the main reason i played the game so long

since duros is the god of commerce the usefulness of the elves seems somewhat deminished to me......

<small>[ 24. April 2003, 11:10 PM: Message edited by: Golem XV ]</small>

Yes, I agree PvP it is in the process of becoming the new backbone to games. You used to get into games and play them single player and nothing but, but now there is a bit of social interaction, better than AI, (Multiplayer: You can play with and against your friends, kill them, help them show them who really got the skittles, but that isn't what only makes multiplayer fun, also you can Chat, using Mic and Typing, which has become practically a game in itself. So practically you are going loads more fun playing with people and being a bit social and you get to improve your gaming skills to an endless level which is not possibly obtainable in single-player gamemodes from games of yesterday and today.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty 2 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: