Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Majesty 2 screenshot discusion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 3:39 pm    Post subject: Majesty 2 screenshot discusion Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Tiger:
adios monkchachos!

How do you pronounce that?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
TaleSpinner

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 8:59 pm    Post subject: Majesty 2 screenshot discusion Reply with quote Back to top

Ooo! Oooo! I suddenly got a relevation! Perhaps there's a connection to why we've suddenly got Amazons related to the Temple of Dauros and why the working title of Majesty 2 is 'Majesty: Legends'!

Maybe 'Majesty: Legends' is all about the replaying the famous 'quests' or 'legends' in the History of Ardania! Like replaying a quest where you lead the barbarians against their Solarii and Adept oppressors in the Ten Thousand Arrows War or the Six Year Winter War. Or maybe even a campaign of quests where you take on the role of Sydrian build a crusade of knights to defeat the Witch King.

So maybe Amazons are the primitive version of Paladins who eventually evolve into the snoot-nosed order which we all know and cherish!

[ 01. May 2003, 10:01 PM: Message edited by: TaleSpinner ]

wavefront

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 9:09 pm    Post subject: Majesty 2 screenshot discusion Reply with quote Back to top

Oh that's magnificent idle speculation. Well done TaleSpinner.

Spiderman

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 6:49 am    Post subject: Majesty 2 screenshot discusion Reply with quote Back to top

Cool idea! I would like to delve into Ardania's history since I don't have the Prima Guide to read about it...

Whitedog

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 8:10 am    Post subject: Majesty 2 screenshot discusion Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, now I see what you were talking about, TaleSpinner. That is an astounding deduction. Are you sure that you're not privy to inside info? In fact, if that's not what Cyberlore is going to do, maybe you should base your next web site around that idea?

Spiderman, TaleSpinner has pain-stakenly re-typed all of the Ardania history from the Prima Guide into the Storytelling Forum at HoA. Not only is he generous for doing this, but he was also clever enough to put in just enough typos to avoid the copyright infringements...

Dragon

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 10:37 am    Post subject: Majesty 2 screenshot discusion Reply with quote Back to top

I had the opportunity to ask about the Amazon vs. Paladin/Monk debate, and the best answer I can give is that you have to keep in mind that this is a very early teaser. The limitations you are noting may only be a sign that other things aren't ready YET.

As we have all learned, Cyberlore listens intently to the people on these forums. Ideas and speculation on what you are seeing may be helping them work through game details. So be sure to speak up on what you see and what you think you see and what you want to see.

Jay Adan

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 2:32 pm    Post subject: Majesty 2 screenshot discusion Reply with quote Back to top

Goldy,

I think many of the answers that you (and others) are currently looking for will be answered either later today or Monday.

housefish

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 5:00 pm    Post subject: Majesty 2 screenshot discusion Reply with quote Back to top

Woo answers and information!

Golem XV

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 6:00 pm    Post subject: Majesty 2 screenshot discusion Reply with quote Back to top

hey jay hows E3 gonna be this year with maj2 persentable at the least

[ 02. May 2003, 07:01 PM: Message edited by: Golem XV ]

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 11:26 pm    Post subject: Majesty 2 screenshot discusion Reply with quote Back to top

With that in mind I don't know what direction they are thinking in -- whether they are working on an RTS, RPG, or City Building type of game. If they are working on a mix of genres such as combining an RTS game with a City Building game I hope they look very carefully at what hasn't worked for other game makers. In particular, I am thinking of Emperor:Rise of the Middle Kingdom. Its a great city building game that tried to expand to multiplayer. Sorry. But it just didn't work for me for the reasons I mentioned in my previous post. Some types of games (IMHO) just do not lend themselves to multiplayer.

This may be neither here nor there if multiplayer is not in the equation for Majesty 2. If it is not I know a few of us will be disappointed, but regardless Majesty is still a great single player game. As a city builder fan I could probably be happy with either an RTS or city builder game.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Guybrush

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 2:03 pm    Post subject: Majesty 2 screenshot discusion Reply with quote Back to top

What I'm wondering about those screenshots is, everything in the tow is so neat and orderly, is it possible for me to build the same?
You see, in oh so many strategy games (I count sim- type as strategy) I have seen pre-release screenshots showing neat little towns/bases/whatever, and pretty much every time when I finally get my hands on the game, There are restrictions that make my town have buildings stick out of a row or whatnot, and I found out that such towns are made with the editor.
Somehow I always wanted to build a neat and orderly town that is...symmetrical, I guess.
So is that possible to do in this game?

Venstar Trailblazer

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 6:21 pm    Post subject: Majesty 2 screenshot discusion Reply with quote Back to top

Majesty 2 is for PC, right? The screenshots looked like they were from PS2.

housefish

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 10:23 am    Post subject: Majesty 2 screenshot discusion Reply with quote Back to top

definatly pc

Cooker

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 1:47 am    Post subject: Majesty 2 screenshot discusion Reply with quote Back to top

pitchfolk on giants ? what is the golden wing ? anyone have a guess ?

My guess it's a GIANY CHICKEN

[ 05. May 2003, 02:53 AM: Message edited by: Cooker ]

Twylah Skye

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 3:25 am    Post subject: Majesty 2 screenshot discusion Reply with quote Back to top

The golden wings animation appears to me, in my humble opinion, to be an Amazon attack or magic. Since we know that Amazons will be new characters, it stands to reason that this graphic may depict an Amazon in battle with Dirgo.

- Twy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty 2 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: