Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Majesty 2 screenshot discusion
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
housefish

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 7:48 pm    Post subject: Majesty 2 screenshot discusion Reply with quote Back to top

Yay now I have all kinds of new stuff to talk about!

While reading the little info bits on each screen shot I noticed some stuff...

1. "The barracks train and recruit Followers for your heroes.
I think this is kinda a new idea for guarding your town, which appears to be much much larger.

2. Temple "The home of the Amazon and place of worship for Dauros; God of Law and Commerce."
Monks gone?!?!? or maybe they just share their home.

3. "The Blacksmith allows you to research and build new weapons and armors."
It seems like the blacksmith has a new option other then the basic research!

4. That last weird looking guy... I have no idea what it is.
Is this like some kinda gnome moving or what here

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 8:32 pm    Post subject: Majesty 2 screenshot discusion Reply with quote Back to top

I was looking for some new wallpaper and screensaver. Thank you Cyberlore......

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
housefish

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 9:36 pm    Post subject: Majesty 2 screenshot discusion Reply with quote Back to top

Oh yea gamespot made a mention of M2.

M2 at gamespot

wavefront

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 10:02 pm    Post subject: Majesty 2 screenshot discusion Reply with quote Back to top

Nobody mentioned that all the roads are laid out in a grid. Since you will now have to put roads around your kingdom you will have to plan your building layout more than you do now. I theorize that M2 will have look and feel of the more traditional builder games.

Golem XV

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 10:07 pm    Post subject: Majesty 2 screenshot discusion Reply with quote Back to top

i hope its got a good multiplayer still thats was probably the main reason i played the game so long

since duros is the god of commerce the usefulness of the elves seems somewhat deminished to me......

[ 24. April 2003, 11:10 PM: Message edited by: Golem XV ]

Tiger

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 10:59 pm    Post subject: Majesty 2 screenshot discusion Reply with quote Back to top

I thought Dourous was always the god of law and commerce? And I wonder when and if Kit will get wind of this and come back?
I noticed the remark of "followers to your heroes" i doubt we'll get any elaboration from Cyberlore any time soon. And I guess old Cyberlore wised up, ditched the dopes, i mean monks and replaced them with those amazon vixen type gals. I shall not complain about this!
And as for the roads and grids.. i guess Majesty2 will be a bit more of a SIM than even majesty if its going in this direction. Will this be a good or a bad thing? We'll see

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 11:14 pm    Post subject: Majesty 2 screenshot discusion Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Tiger:
And I guess old Cyberlore wised up, ditched the dopes, i mean monks and replaced them with those amazon vixen type gals. I shall not complain about this!

Hey! These Monks aren't dopey

http://home.houston.rr.com/sincerbox/images/Monks.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by Tiger:

And as for the roads and grids.. i guess Majesty2 will be a bit more of a SIM than even majesty if its going in this direction. Will this be a good or a bad thing? We'll see

I don't think I would like that. Not in a multiplayer environment. I love Majesty. And I love city building sims like SimCity4 and Emperor:Rise of the Middle Kingdom. However, when I am playing acity building game I want to sit with the game on pause for 2 hours planning every tiny little detail of my roads and buildings. This is not something I want to do in an RTS game. No thank you to citybuilding on the fly.

You don't have to assume those roads were layed by the citybuilder. In Settler's IV the roads were generated by the game. The player placed the buildings and the settlers developed their own road network based upon their most commonly used footpaths. That is more in keeping with Majesty's "autonomous AI".

[ 25. April 2003, 12:22 AM: Message edited by: Goldy_Bear ]

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
CyberGnu

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 4:37 am    Post subject: Majesty 2 screenshot discusion Reply with quote Back to top

Goldy_Bear, my thoughts exactly...

housefish

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 6:22 am    Post subject: Majesty 2 screenshot discusion Reply with quote Back to top

I couldn't imagine trying to lay down a road network during a mp game.

wavefront

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 10:59 am    Post subject: Majesty 2 screenshot discusion Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Goldy_Bear:
You don't have to assume those roads were layed by the citybuilder. In Settler's IV the roads were generated by the game. The player placed the buildings and the settlers developed their own road network based upon their most commonly used footpaths. That is more in keeping with Majesty's "autonomous AI".

But the roads are layed out in perfect grids, like a builder game. Do the roads in Settlers work like that? I think the pace of the game is going to slow down a bit (even in MP). People will have to start using more strategy than tactics. It appears that the whole Majesty game play is going to be reworked a bit.

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 12:01 pm    Post subject: Majesty 2 screenshot discusion Reply with quote Back to top

As Jay said. Those are just screenshots. There is no publisher yet. Nothing is cast in stone. They haven't even indicated that there will be multiplayer or anything else.

I noticed in the little looking glass that the city walls were a perfect hexagon with a perfectly straight road leading through the gates. The whole thing could be a fixed city template in which you decide when and what to build but where it gets built is predetermined by the game. There's all kinds of things we could speculate about those shots but that is all it is - speculation.

housefish

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 7:58 pm    Post subject: Majesty 2 screenshot discusion Reply with quote Back to top

yes it is speculation... but its majesty 2 speculation!

Furfoot

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 5:22 am    Post subject: Majesty 2 screenshot discusion Reply with quote Back to top

One thing I didn't like about the monks is they didn't have anything to spend their money on (besides the Inn). Maybe they decided to replace 'em with a weapon-wielder?

That, and their headgear was kind of wonky.

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 5:49 pm    Post subject: Majesty 2 screenshot discusion Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Furfoot:
One thing I didn't like about the monks is they didn't have anything to spend their money on (besides the Inn). ....

You haven't yet tried the Northern Expansion??

Magic Bazaar.

[ 26. April 2003, 06:50 PM: Message edited by: Goldy_Bear ]

wavefront

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 9:57 pm    Post subject: Majesty 2 screenshot discusion Reply with quote Back to top

More idle speculation:
Housing will evolve in some way… Did you notice that housing comes in single and two story versions?
Also housing is "built" like other buildings (the texture maps of the partially build peasant house support this idea). I sense that there will be fewer heroes recruited in M2 games than in classic Majesty. Heroes will have followers to help them out. The sample M2 city had mostly peasant housing while Majesty cities are mostly Temples and Guilds. There will probably be some sort of expanded economic structure in M2 (notice the farm outside the city and the merchant character).

See how much fun idle speculation is

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty 2 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: