Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Jay Talks!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wavefront

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 11:36 pm    Post subject: Jay Talks! Reply with quote Back to top

*** EXTRA EXTRA ***

Read all about it!

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 11:58 pm    Post subject: Jay Talks! Reply with quote Back to top

What a lot of exciting news. It sounds like a game I will really enjoy although I see no mention of multiplayer. Even if there is a multiplayer since the emphasis is turning away from RTS toward Sim and RPG it looks like those who are interested in a quick bashing of their brains out WoD's vs. Solarii vs. Barbie Dolls may be disappointed.

[ 05. May 2003, 01:01 AM: Message edited by: Goldy_Bear ]

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
wavefront

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 12:07 am    Post subject: Jay Talks! Reply with quote Back to top

Here is the 3D engine Jay mentioned in the interview.
Gamebryo

Your Majesty

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 12:38 am    Post subject: Jay Talks! Reply with quote Back to top

A great read, and something to look forward to

Cooker

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 1:50 am    Post subject: Jay Talks! Reply with quote Back to top

capture flag is awesome, a 20,000 gold capture flag on enemy place or wizard, LOL

Cooker

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 1:51 am    Post subject: Jay Talks! Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Goldy_Bear:
What a lot of exciting news. It sounds like a game I will really enjoy although I see no mention of multiplayer. Even if there is a multiplayer since the emphasis is turning away from RTS toward Sim and RPG it looks like those who are interested in a quick bashing of their brains out WoD's vs. Solarii vs. Barbie Dolls may be disappointed.

No one stop you from barb rushing !

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 2:51 am    Post subject: Jay Talks! Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Cooker:

Are you suggesting there was something wrong with my having fun with the Barb Rush in the past, Cooker? I am surprised. I had no idea you played multiplayer and didn't know it bothered you that I liked that aspect of the game.

I just had loads of fun this weekend playing a couple of games with Korben and Gravity. We bashed our brains out again but didn't use Barbie Dolls.

Even though it appears the new game will be very different from the old I am still looking forward to it and expect I will enjoy it. I plan on it since it will be more of a SIM and I really like city builder SIMS.

Didn't know you had a problem with me Cooker. But I can't apologize for having fun with the Barb Rush in Majesty.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 1:48 pm    Post subject: Jay Talks! Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
I have no problem with you. I just said with walls up , you can still barb rush . LOL, I never had any problems with anyone, if you are offended, sorry.

OK. I am not offended with you. I just didn't understand what you meant by the barb rush. I am still befuddled.

My original observations which you quoted were a speculation drawn from Jay's interview that there may not be any multi-player in Majesty 2 and that if there is it sounds like it will be significantly different from the multi-player of the original Majesty since he states more emphasis will be placed on city simulation and less on RTS. How was your comment related to what I said? I don't understand it. Are you disagreeing with my interpretation of Jay's interview? You believe a Barb Rush (which is strictly a term invented by multi-player fans which refers to a particular multi-player strategy in Majesty) may still be an element in the new game? What do the walls have to do with my comments?

Not offended but still confused......

[ 05. May 2003, 02:49 PM: Message edited by: Goldy_Bear ]

Golem XV

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 6:00 pm    Post subject: Jay Talks! Reply with quote Back to top

quote:

sigh, me and my wods are thinking of being quite disapointed from the sounds of it but the games not done yet so who know what will happen

Cooker

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 11:20 pm    Post subject: Jay Talks! Reply with quote Back to top

I suppose in multiplayer, they would have a walls up and walls down option that determine if the game would be defensive or offensive, and by the way, no walls will stop a gate.

Cooker

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 11:52 pm    Post subject: Jay Talks! Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
quote:

Are you suggesting there was something wrong with my having fun with the Barb Rush in the past, Cooker? I am surprised. I had no idea you played multiplayer and didn't know it bothered you that I liked that aspect of the game.

I just had loads of fun this weekend playing a couple of games with Korben and Gravity. We bashed our brains out again but didn't use Barbie Dolls.

Even though it appears the new game will be very different from the old I am still looking forward to it and expect I will enjoy it. I plan on it since it will be more of a SIM and I really like city builder SIMS.

Didn't know you had a problem with me Cooker. But I can't apologize for having fun with the Barb Rush in Majesty.

I have no problem with you. I just said with walls up , you can still barb rush . LOL, I never had any problems with anyone, if you are offended, sorry.

Jakartiz

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 9:22 am    Post subject: Jay Talks! Reply with quote Back to top

What welcome news!
I for one will be loading this onto my hard drive once it becomes available.
Maybe I shouldnt stick my nose in here, but I just find it hard to understand why all the bickering on certain aspects that arent set in stone yet. Seems a bit too early to draw any conclusions about gameplay while it is still in its pre-development stage. No offense to anyone for speculating, it is always interesting reading material ;-)

[ 06. May 2003, 01:49 PM: Message edited by: Jakartiz ]

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 2:35 am    Post subject: Jay Talks! Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Jakartiz:
What welcome news!
Maybe I shouldnt stick my nose in here, but I just find it hard to understand why all the bickering on certain aspects that arent set in stone yet. Seems a bit too early to draw any conclusions about gameplay while it is still in its pre-development stage. No offense to anyone for speculating, it is always interesting reading material ;-)

I'm having fun bickering with, Cooker.

quote:
I suppose in multiplayer, they would have a walls up and walls down option that determine if the game would be defensive or offensive, and by the way, no walls will stop a gate

Walls up, walls down, huh? How does this work? Will there be a button for this kinda like the button for my Genie garage door picker-upper in my garage? Will I be able to hit my walls up button when I see Steven's barbarian horde coming at me?

No walls will stop a Gate? Is that because you have to have walls to attach the Gate to? So, if the walls are up the Gate will work but not if they are down? I'm getting more confused now. If Steven's Barbs are comming at me do I want the walls up in which case they can use the gate or walls down because there will be no gate for them to get through?

[ 07. May 2003, 03:49 AM: Message edited by: Goldy_Bear ]

TaleSpinner

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 2:50 am    Post subject: Jay Talks! Reply with quote Back to top

*ROTFL*

Goldy, you're too much!

Cooker

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 6:59 am    Post subject: Jay Talks! Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Jakartiz:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Cooker:
I suppose in multiplayer, they would have a walls up and walls down option that determine if the game would be defensive or offensive, and by the way, no walls will stop a gate

Walls up, walls down, huh? How does this work? Will there be a button for this kinda like the button for my Genie garage door picker-upper in my garage? Will I be able to hit my walls up button when I see Steven's barbarian horde coming at me?

No walls will stop a Gate? Is that because you have to have walls to attach the Gate to? So, if the walls are up the Gate will work but not if they are down? I'm getting more confused now. If Steven's Barbs are comming at me do I want the walls up in which case they can use the gate or walls down because there will be no gate for them to get through?

arg

I mean that during multiplayer setup, there would be a option to have walled city or not.
and gate spell obviously can not be stoped by a wall, LOL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty 2 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: