Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

He's got it, yeah baby he's got it !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> The Northern Expansion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. DimWit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 8:00 am    Post subject: He's got it, yeah baby he's got it ! Reply with quote Back to top

Finally, I have located Majesty Gold, while casually browsing a local shop !

"What do I think ?" you all wanna know.
Here it is, completely ignoring what has been said by other people before, because I have been ignoring all that, not to spoil my own fun when/if I got it.

Well, I like the alterations in the heroes and their behavior. I like the Magic Bazaar and the potions in it.

I'm crazy about the Gnome Champions . Except for one thing - they now sometimes run away from building projects, if they spot a monster, which has costs me quite a few guardhouses. They should only run away from fighting or when hit, like ordinary gnomes.

The Abode and it's spells give you much more control over the heroes, which can be really handy, but goes against what I like about Majesty.

The quests: Well, some of them are okay, but as a whole they are not too exciting.

I really enjoyed The Siege, and even if I won, I now know I would have no chance in MP, unless I change my usual playing style.

I have tried Legendary Heroes 3 times now, getting closer every time, but not really enjoying it. That quest is all about manipulation and spells. I think I will have to learn how to use the new spells better, before I can get it right. I just need to get it over with, so I can unlock the final 2 quests.

Freestyle is much better than before, with the changes and the options - and this alone makes the Maj X/Gold worth the money for me.
The expert random freestyle is however somewhat messed up IMO. I just can't see any possible way to beat 2 ice dragons and 10 shadow monsters (?) on day 1. If someone has, I'm a damned amateur at this game.
But when you're lucky, and it's a setting you have a chance against, it's really exciting. I got a real shock the first time I was attacked by multiple dragons, later to find that I had no less than 4 dragonlairs on the map !

All in all, I'm pretty happy to finally have whats been denied to me for so long .

Paladin Lisa D'angler

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 8:05 pm    Post subject: He's got it, yeah baby he's got it ! Reply with quote Back to top

Congratulations on getting Majesty Gold!

Dr. DimWit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 4:20 am    Post subject: He's got it, yeah baby he's got it ! Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks, Pally Lisa !

I did get Legendary Heroes on the 4. attempt. Barrow placement was so much easier that time, than in the other attempts. Then my Adept chased the Abomination around for 10 days, with frost shield doing most damage.

Some weird quest, points for the originality....

[ 04 October 2002, 05:25 AM: Message edited by: Dr. DimWit ]

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 1:37 pm    Post subject: He's got it, yeah baby he's got it ! Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Dr. DimWit:
Thanks, Pally Lisa !

I did get Legendary Heroes on the 4. attempt. Barrow placement was so much easier that time, than in the other attempts. Then my Adept chased the Abomination around for 10 days, with frost shield doing most damage.

Some weird quest, points for the originality....

You are talking about two separate Quests - right Dr. D? You probably did Legendary Hero the hard way - no towers. Fallen Hero has the Abomination. Glad you finally got to join the fun.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Dr. DimWit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 4:02 am    Post subject: He's got it, yeah baby he's got it ! Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Goldy_Bear:
You are talking about two separate Quests - right Dr. D? You probably did Legendary Hero the hard way - no towers.

Yes, and Yes. I don't think I have made a wizzard tower since the demo.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> The Northern Expansion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: