Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Vigil for fallen Hero Master Quest?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> The Northern Expansion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jakartiz

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 4:14 pm    Post subject: Vigil for fallen Hero Master Quest? Reply with quote Back to top

This quest was way too easy to be considered a master quest. I had more trouble with the legendary hero quest which is considered expert I believe. The vigil quest I was able to complete on my first attempt and ended up with only 2 heroes left when it was complete but was just basically a quest where buildings that are found need to be protected and flags on the monsters. other than that was too easy.

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 11:41 pm    Post subject: Vigil for fallen Hero Master Quest? Reply with quote Back to top

It doesn't play the same twice. There is a huge range of map possibilities and timing can work for or against you. For example, if you discover the Abode just as a Shadowbeast wave or Minotaur wave hits there is no rescuing it.

Play it a few time and see.

Goldy

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Jakartiz

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2002 5:51 pm    Post subject: Vigil for fallen Hero Master Quest? Reply with quote Back to top

Im sure you are right Goldy, I probably just got a lucky draw on the map, and lucky enough to find the hidden buildings soon enough to get protection built up around them. Was still an enjoyable game as are all of the quests. Care to join me in a mp game sometime? I'd love to get beat severly 8-)
--------------------------------------------------
Always a willing soul to wreak havoc in an untamed world.

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2002 9:05 am    Post subject: Vigil for fallen Hero Master Quest? Reply with quote Back to top

Jakartiz

When I am feeling well I love to play. Unfortunately, I haven't been doing to well lately. Golem and Steven of Nine are great choices for multi-player competition.

Goldy

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Paladin Lisa D'angler

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2002 3:26 pm    Post subject: Vigil for fallen Hero Master Quest? Reply with quote Back to top

At least you figured out how to do multiplayer. I had trouble, but then my brother suggested the brilliant idea that I should actually connect to the Internet before I try multiplayer.

Jakartiz

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2002 4:53 pm    Post subject: Vigil for fallen Hero Master Quest? Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry to hear you are not feeling well Goldy. Hope you feel better soon. Same problem with me needing to figure out how to play multiplayer first (knowing that i need to be connected to internet already) 8-) *snicker*
--------------------------------------------------
Victory is not in the cards

[ 25 February 2002, 06:44 PM: Message edited by: Jakartiz ]

lily

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2002 1:28 pm    Post subject: Vigil for fallen Hero Master Quest? Reply with quote Back to top

When playing Vigil, I didn't find the Sorcerer's Abode and Magic Bazaar until after the waves of minotaurs and shadowbeasts hit. I had 8 heroes left and I put a 150000 bounty on the Abomination. My heroes still didn't respond. I cast "Dismiss" on the Abomination and he ended up next to my guardhouse. My heroes were still not responding to him. It was 3 guards, 2 peasants, and a guardhouse that killed him. The peasants were constantly repairing the guardhouse, while the abomination was firing at my guardhouse, and my guards were stabbing him. Not one of my heroes responded. I had about 10 statues and they still didn't respond. It was the strangest thing I have ever seen in this game!

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2002 1:42 pm    Post subject: Vigil for fallen Hero Master Quest? Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, Lily. That is my preferred strategy for defeating the Abomination. Although, when I am trying to do it that way my Adept or Dwarf takes matters in their own hands. When you need a hero in that Quest there isn't one to be had. Very perverse. That's what makes it good I say.

Goldy

[ 27 March 2002, 01:43 PM: Message edited by: Goldy_Bear ]

eskay

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2002 11:08 pm    Post subject: Vigil for fallen Hero Master Quest? Reply with quote Back to top

My strategy was to do the whole search and defend deal (I got lucky and found the Outpost first, so I had extra Peasants to do repairs), then put all but 2000 gold as a bounty and Gate my heroes to the Abomination. It had wandered pretty close to my Abode, so every Hero who ran after getting hit by that skull spell got caught up in the Gate spell, which seemed to reset their fight/flee setting (although it didn't always work...glitch maybe?)

Spiderman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 7:30 am    Post subject: Vigil for fallen Hero Master Quest? Reply with quote Back to top

What's the glitch, you mean some heros not fighting? They still could have been scared by the Abomination...

swoyer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 11:28 pm    Post subject: Vigil for fallen Hero Master Quest? Reply with quote Back to top

This was a strange game for me too. The first time...I failed miserably; found the abode, outpost, etc, but everything was so far apart it was hard to protect before I was hit with waves of shadowbeasts, etc. Found a library the 2nd time!; but it didn't help much.

My warrior attacked the abomination, but ran away like a sissy, even though he had a healer with him; then the abomination attacked the healer and she subsequently ran away, which made my warrior stop fleeing and start attacking again. :/ He died, of course...

Also flagged a Yeti, to which no hero would respond. He started attacking a guardhouse, and while the peasants were rebuilding it, 2 palace guards and 4 veteran city guards kicked his butt...that was funny to watch.

3rd try, everything was nice & tight; but like lily, the heros wouldn't respond to the abomination regardless of how much $$ I placed on him. But I did notice those greedy little buggers liked nice high explore flags, so I flagged an area right beside the abomination. Once they got there, they were drawn into the fight.
===
This is my first post. I must comment that I've enjoyed reading everyone's experiences, suggestions, & tactics. It's very nice to find that I'm not alone in my addiction.

Spiderman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2002 7:39 am    Post subject: Vigil for fallen Hero Master Quest? Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Also flagged a Yeti, to which no hero would respond.
I usually flag Yetis with 1000 gold in other games and heros generally still don't go for them. Only the occasional Solarii when they're high level (7th and above). A rampaging Yeti through your town might get heros Defending the Realm though...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> The Northern Expansion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: