Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

The Sorcerer's Staff
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> 1001 Ardanian Nights
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BurgerKing

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2000 2:33 am    Post subject: The Sorcerer's Staff Reply with quote Back to top

The High Priestess smiled. It's not a good thing. "So, healer, here we are." The Priestess had identified herself as Dalana Darkness.

Stopping on a grassy plain, Alena said,"Agrela told me this is the place." Kneeling down, she placed the Angelina Blossom on the ground. Then Alena and Dalana both took five step away from the blossom and turned to face each other.

Alena held her palms together and Dalana did likewise.

"Mother Earth, show us the way..."
"Krypta, who gathers all..."

"... to find one in Krypta's Domain."
"... return one soul to Agrela's Door."

Both ladies suddenly glowed a brillent gray light. Even in the sunlight, to stare at them is to be blinded. The Blossom between them suddenly burst into flames.

"Angelina heed our call! Return to us one time more!" The two ladies intoned together.

Then mystical energy began to gather as the flame between them rose and grew into a steady fire. The fire then exploded with the force of ten suns, throwing the Priestess and Healer back. When the haze of pain faded from their minds, the ladies opened their eyes to see...

Cooker

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2000 2:16 am    Post subject: The Sorcerer's Staff Reply with quote Back to top

Vander lay book on the table and pointed on the cover “Here’s the cataclysm – a creature that can absorb any power emerged on this land, If not dealt, it will destroy all of us!” Prathor listened without care; he felt absurd, “What a ridicules fairy story! There can be a thing that absorbs any energy? Why don’t it absorb itself and disappear then …”“I am afraid it really appeared. It damaged 4 paladins and nearly killed them all within an hour near the swamp settlement three days ago. We only had time to run!” Vander’s face turned dark and talked seriously. Prathor now felt the importance of the problem and felt afraid. But a dragon can never forget to be proud “Well you little men only makes thing worse, I will Take care of this…”Prathor took the book on the table “by the wise of a dragon, this easy staff will be understood within three days” Then he disappeared in a ring of spectacular golden flame. Vander stood in a daze without moving, “What a incredible long range teleport … they have to be guards of the heaven’s gate, as what is written on ‘Survey of dragons’.” Vander then go back the guild, he lost hope “If those things be a bit less proud, there may be some hope …”

Once that Prathor is again on his cliff, reading the book with another ancient dragon, his friend, Prathor don’t quite know his name. Because he don’t really have a name …
For dragons, the book that considering life and death is nothing more then a novel. Prathor is reading and eating a Marlin in same time. “Delicious fish, the story is good, isn’t it?” Prathor said to his friend with his mind connection. “Very fun, well that story about ancient tomb in ice is interesting,” said his friend, Turing over page with the spell, to the page he wants. “Well, this has some thing to do with our quest there …” Suddenly, both dragons stopped and concentrate on a title – “The tomb of the dragon king”

Three days after, Vander saw something on his table when he is awaken – a piece of gold scale, the translated book, and a letter. Vander picked up the scare. Obviously it’s a sign of dragon Prathor, and the book is the book of life. Then Vander picked up the letter.

Little man
The book is not complete. But I know that we are all in peril. In order to save this land, we have to find gather complete information. I felt it have something to do with ruin of dark kingdom. I meant – the exploded place. We need your help. My friend and I will meat you in front the ruin of the dark library.

Time is life
Careful the phantoms
Ancient Dragon King blesses us all!

He shake “My goodness, phantom … phantoms, I wish I can see this my kingdom again …”

Vander ran to get his goods in market, but as he ran downstairs, he heard a palace guard shouted on the street “Her majesty want to see all heroes! A meeting start in the great hall of palace in half an hour!”

“What” Vander thought, “not NOW?”

Pippin

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2000 6:45 pm    Post subject: The Sorcerer's Staff Reply with quote Back to top

"Do-doobee-do Do-doobee-do... Here comes the bride all dressed in slime/ Here comes the groom in his many colored plumes..." Talbaluc twitched and giggled as a crow and snail marched down his little path. "Deerly behooved, we smattered here today for joining of couple. This avian, and this molusc, I use power vested me that you love might come together in eyes of Fervus. And by power I now 'clair you scrumptious!" And with that the crow ate the snail as the cultist reached out and took the bird by the neck.
"Here birdie, birdie, birdie... Pretty surprise! Pretty surprise!" And he rushed along the road belching feathers and sniffing the air.
"Market, schmarket! Smell the short-hairy!"

Gad's save the outposts, the cultist is coming!

Acadagon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2000 1:51 pm    Post subject: The Sorcerer's Staff Reply with quote Back to top

The adept surveyed those gathered at the foot of the palace. A wizard and a ranger were on his right whispering to each other, and on his right stood Sir Bikly the Gallant, a warrior of minor fame and more than a little frightening to trolls and goblins.
The queen had finaly appeared upon the wall and began to speak, her voice amplified by magic.
"Great protectors of the Realm, I have issued these odd summons to organize a crusade against a coming tide of powerful darknes," she began and after a short pause continued.
"People found slain, temples attacked, even the monsters of our fair Realm are hunted by this evil. Not since the Witch King has this happened, and we had hoped to banish such evil forever from our land when Annarien the Great's arrow flew true and Grog of the Great Beard's club landed."
A intermission for mumbling 'mongst the champions. But soon the queen raised her hand for silence.
"But Evil has returned! Stronger and more cunningly malicious, and we must raise sword and spell again to defend ourselves. I have learned of a wizard called Vendar who has learned much of this Evil. Come and speak Vendar!"
The wizard beside the adept looked suprised. But then came a flash of light and the wizard was on the wall.
"First off" said Vendar without preamble, "Neither swords nor spells have any effect on it..."
"Impossible" cried Sir Bikly. "My...
"SILENCE," cried the queen. "Let him finish."
"Thank you, Your Majesty," said the wizard. You see..."
As the wizard spoke the adept muttered, "Lunord save my soul."

[This message has been edited by Acadagon (edited 06-09-2000).]

Acadagon

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2000 2:44 am    Post subject: The Sorcerer's Staff Reply with quote Back to top

Vandar finished with his end synopsis, "This is possibly the greatest threat ever known to our kingdom. For we cannot simply overwhelm with force of arms but must syudy and know why and what this is before ANY attempt can be made to stop it."
Then Vandar pondered for a moment. "To this end of understanding what it is that threatens us all I have spoken with mighty Prathor the Golden..."
Now the Heros were really stirred up. "Inviting dragons to have us for lunch," someone cried. An adept he had stood by looked like he had seen Vendril the Unkillable in the flesh but the adept did not protest and Vandar suspected he knew something.
Then all Hell came upon Ardania.

[This message has been edited by Acadagon (edited 06-09-2000).]

Cooker

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2000 10:00 am    Post subject: The Sorcerer's Staff Reply with quote Back to top

The sounds of all types of tools are collected a unique music that can only be heard around a dwarven settlement.
Since Buldon Buldon has gone for meeting in capital. Only the two remaining dwarves are building up the unfinished deck. The cabin is already complete. Any one now could easily identify the shape and know it’s an airship.
Nerb Sturdbuild and his friends are now working hard for their new project. An unknown guest has offered this ship in order to travel to frozen land to the north. Dwarves don’t quite know why he needs it. But they still want the 2000 pieces of gold it will bring in.
Nerb now has a brand new heavy war hammer, a suit of new plate armor, a ring and an amulet. The fund is from defeat of a huge assault of Stone golems. The nightmare proved intelligence of the dwarves and their technology. Rely on Nerb's new weapon; the assault didn’t overturn the entire kingdom.

Far away, there lays a ruin, where dwarves’ technology had shown its power. The ruined town and temple are now home darkness. And black phantoms, the lost sprite of death, wanders on empty street where once are crowed.
A golden flash, and in a blink of eye, two huge shapes appeared. They assault and punch all the death always from their wind of power.
“Hey Prathor, do you get any idea of this place?”
“Well, If I can’t forget that fast, I was pretended to be trapped here to fight a little man …”
“You have been Trapped by MEN” another dragon said with contempt, during the time he sends another phantom to oblivion.
“They are not that useless in some case, like now! Well the library is just there!” Prathor said, He is a bit angry with the silly action of his friend
“Why you need a little man this time, we can take care everything …” from the anther dragon, he is extremely proud, even more pound then other dragons.
“God Knows, I have a vision that a human wizard opened a lock of energy that we can’t open”
“Well, If you want …” another said, with a bit query in his mind.
Then Prathor cast a blast on the ancient falling door, and exploded into flaming dust.
“I have got a fiction the evil here is not completely vanished. You know why, we can’t teleport into here directly, I think the little man will have trouble coming in because I can’t teleport him here.”
“I think this realm belong to Goddess of Death, I meant, the red one”
“Who knows?”

BurgerKing

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2000 2:16 pm    Post subject: The Sorcerer's Staff Reply with quote Back to top

The flame burned...

Beware the Bane of Life and
flee the Defiler of Death.

His touch brings pain and
drinks all that is living.

By life is he held, by death is he destroyed.
By the sun is he found, by the moon is he down.
He shuns order and chaos breaks him.

Even the Gods fear him...

The flame vanished!

Dalana and Alena both stood up on the grassy plain and looked at each other. From the devine message, both ladies feared the worst, He who puts fear into the Gods are to be feared indeed.

"We heard it too..."

Alena and Dalana turned around and saw the heads of all the signeficant divinity of the Kingdom.

Standing to one side is the Grand Master of the Temple to Duraos and opposite him is the Chaos Master of Fervus. Behind them is the Sun Chaser of Helia and the Moonwalker of Lunord. Their names were not known but the sight of them drew gasps from Alena and Dalana.

"Our gods have spoke to us..." The Grand Master said.

"Fervus shall spill his bones to the winds!" The Chaos Master rattled loudly at the same time.

"Brothers and Sisters!"Dalana said, raising her hands to the air. The religious heads went silent and Dalana continued,"As you can see, Alena and I have worked together to seek the destruction of this being. We must work together! Contention and rivalry within us will bring us destruction!"

The Sun Chaser and the Moonwalker stepped forward and the Moonwalker said, in a voice that carried a comforting darkness,"Our Sister of Death speaks wisely, we must work together! I have already sent one of my adepts to investigate, as did the Chaos Master here."

A warm voice, the Sun Chaser said,"We must speak to the qween. Seek out more information about our foe and meet at the palace in five days time!"

Nodding in agreement, the religious leaders departed with this grim tidings back to their respective temples...

Acadagon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2000 12:54 am    Post subject: The Sorcerer's Staff Reply with quote Back to top

Alena was the first to see it.
But soon all eyes were on the advancing hord, stone golems, trolls, goblins and even a dragon or two. However, even odder than it size was its behavior. They were frightened, and Alena saw why.
Behind them came a black thing, far more coherent than it had been last time but just as awful to see.
"So now it presses its advantage, Agrela save us," she hissed.

[This message has been edited by Acadagon (edited 06-13-2000).]

BurgerKing

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2000 4:37 am    Post subject: The Sorcerer's Staff Reply with quote Back to top

"Brothers and Sisters, behind us!" The Sun Chaser cried, her golden mace flashing in the sun. Just behind her, the Moonwalker nodded in grim agreement and armed himself with his spiked staff.

First to advance were the goblins, Alena turned and saw and counted two tribes at least. With a span of a few minutes, the goblins swarmed the Sun Chaser and Moonwalker.

Goblin after goblin became scorched bodies as the Sun Chaser smashed theri skull with her suddenly flaming mace. Some of the Goblins try to get away but the Moonwalker, with his supernatural speed, rounded them up and finished them with his staff. Within ten minutes, the goblins were finished.

"Look out behind you!" Dalana cried as she raised her staff to cast a spell.

The Sun Chaser looked behind her and saw two trolls bearing their clubs upon her. Suddenly, a blur appeared and she was out of harm's way. Looking up, she grudgingly thanked the Moonwalker and saw the one of the trolls crumble beneath Dalana's Lifedrain spell. The other troll spotted five daggers protruding from his body and the Chaos Master, in the form of a hellbear, ran forward to finish the beast.

With the two trolls finished, Alena and the Grand Master rushed up to the others. Alena had enough time to heal the wounds on the Chaos Master and the Sun Chaser when a Rock Golem appeared behind them.

The Grand Master, with his hands glowing silver and his skin glowing blue, rushed forward and intercepted the Rock Golem. the huge but ungainly monster was no match for the monk as his hands chipped away at the rocky body. Soon, all there was a pile of rubble.

Alena looked around and noticed that the black shadow had dissappeared...

All the monsters were gone... except...

... THE DRAGON!

Acadagon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2000 1:59 pm    Post subject: The Sorcerer's Staff Reply with quote Back to top

Fear. Hatred. Disgust. Pain.
The shadow fed upon the scene bellow. It did not matter who won in the end...
Each quenched soul added to it.
'We formed more getting always smart and," the thought skipped cross the surface of its intellegence.
Again came the rush, so powerful so many these souls where.
Fear. Hatred. Disgust. Pain.
And under as always the Shadows deepest thoughts:
HUNGER
RAGE
CHAOS
Its image sharpened. So many minds! Now it was almost there...
Glimpses of it came through the rush of minds; moments of truth, but still more minds where needed to hold onto it:
'They back against the wall so numbers matter less it less'it realized.
This realization didn't seep away!
'I think, therefore I am,' it mused. And then it saw its own mortality.
Aloud, in a voice like wind through leaves it cried:
"FOOLS, I AM INVINCIBLE NOW, FOR SOON I WILL EXTINGUISH YOUR LAST HOPE!"
And then he dissapeared.
---
But far away Prathor realized what the Shadow realized.
"To Ghouls Hide Post!" he suddenly cried
And so it begun.

Cooker

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2000 11:39 pm    Post subject: The Sorcerer's Staff Reply with quote Back to top

“It’s the fifth thousand book I have surveyed …”the gold dragon burned another shelf. “Patience and don’t burn book! At least” Prathor shouted angrily, “These tomes’ value is beyond measure!” “Only something important for little men…” said another, quietly.
Without Vander, the two dragons had a hard time working out which book is useful to them after finally decided to work with out help of “little man”. Their huge bodies is the biggest handicap of survey of books, they are too lazy to change shape to enter the library. So what they do is casting mind reading. Soon, one of them fed up and starts casting firestorm in the library and burn down shelves of book.
The gray sky now turned darker the two dragons has read all books in the library. They felt disappointed by the fact that not a single book has given them the information they really needed. But Prathor did discover something just before they leave – A brick of marble, which can be easily unregarded on the ground, is slightly different. Dislike other brick; it’s covered by blue twilight. Darker the day is, the bigger difference it make
Prathor is now excited, and decide to enter the hidden part by shape shifting.

Captain_N

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2000 11:54 pm    Post subject: The Sorcerer's Staff Reply with quote Back to top

As the dragon swooped down upon the Grand Master, he found himself surrounded by skeletons. He quickly scorched them and continued his advance. Dalana realized this was no ordinary dragon, for her skeletons had always been resistant to fire. Before she had time to summon several more, she was knocked flat by a monstrous wing. The Chaos Master flung a dagger, which bounced harmlessly off the scales of the beast. The Moonwalker attempted to run circles around the dragon, but was tripped by the huge tail and pinned by a razor-sharp claw.

After a long battle, the temple masters were beginning to tire. None of them seemed to be able to harm the dragon. Waves of skeletons and charmed rats swarmed the fierce reptile, but they were smashed and burnt in seconds. Things were beginning to look bleak. Only the healing power of Alena kept them going. Then, before anyone could stop it, the dragon picked up Alena in its claws.

Just when everything seemed hopeless, a faint cry was heard on the wind - YEEEAARGHH!
Rudie charged up behip the dragon and severed a wing with his Chaos Blade. The dragon dropped Helena and wheeled around, facind Rudie. From behind him, he heard a whoosh and saw a blast of fire heading for him - The Sun Chaser. He felt Rudie slice into him again. With his last breath, he blasted Rudie with a breath of flame. Rudie crumpled to the ground, murmuring "play...nice!"

Rudie awoke on a small cot, feeling ill, but alive. "Oh, good! You're awake", said Alena. Rudie's eyes began to droop, drowsiness being on of the side effects of the medicine. Before he dozed off, he mumbled "Gotta see...Krypta.."

------------------
-----
The only thing funnier than a gnome getting choked, is a gnome choking a troll.

"But I'm just a gnoooooommmmmeeeee!!!"

Acadagon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2000 7:17 pm    Post subject: The Sorcerer's Staff Reply with quote Back to top

Prathor entered, carefully examining the post. It smelled of primitive healing potions
and beef stew. Wrinkling his nose in disgust Prathor stepped foreward.
And then all went black...

Captain_N

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2000 8:12 pm    Post subject: The Sorcerer's Staff Reply with quote Back to top

Vandar sat, eyes closed in concentration. Suddenly, his head snapped up, and he shouted to Anarien, "I've got it!".

"What? Huh?!" Anarien sat up from where he had been sleeping. "What is it?"

Vandar's faced was flushed with excitement as he spoke. "I've been thinking about something that Elliot told me. He said that a peasant woman was saying something about how the Mirren is like a well, that's sucks up magical and physical attacks like water. He said that to destroy a well, you fill it with earth. Now, if water is pain, what is earth?"

"Healing?"

"Exactly! But the Mirren is so strong...it would take a great healing power...Such as?"

"I have no idea"

"But I have. Once, long ago, a Sovereign by the name a Theoduluss was very ill. You remember it from your history books?"

"Yes...the only thing that could save him was the Holy Chalice! Now I see!"

"So, we must find the Holy Chalice, which has the greatest healing magic of any known object! However, I have no idea where it is...it was lost long ago."

"Maybe we should seek out Prathor"...

Acadagon

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2000 9:12 pm    Post subject: The Sorcerer's Staff Reply with quote Back to top

Prathor came to. Vandar loomed over him.
"It knows," Prathor said painfully. Then rembered they did not. "How to it can be..."
"I know, are sure?!," said Vandar.
Prathor was sprised. He owed these humans more credit tha nhe gave indeed! "Positive." Prathor replied.
"Curse it!" said Vandar. "Does it have it."
"I don't think so but we must move swiftly!!"
"First, tell us what you know," answered Vandar.
"Some things must be done by dragons..."
"Like being killed by the crystal of purity,"
Anarien said sweetly.
"Uuhhhhh, you know? About that I mean."
"Yes, but so far we are mum, so how bout you show and tell?" retorted Anarien.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> 1001 Ardanian Nights All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: