Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

The MP game I didn't play :(
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Multiplayer Majesty
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UConnBBall

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 11:03 pm    Post subject: The MP game I didn't play :( Reply with quote Back to top

Man this is making me dig for my Majesty Disk. I have a week of finals and moving to do but in a little over a week I can be game

I almost got a tear in my eye seeing the names of times gone by.

-UConn

Steven Of Nine

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 1:58 pm    Post subject: The MP game I didn't play :( Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Korben:

I got some good players that like to play like Gravity (one of the best players around, well I did teach him) we usually agree not to use gate or EQ.

A fine job you did. He's always fun to play.
quote:

Some other good ones too. (like River Relic, nasty guy)

Relic will only ever play the same game, every time, so he can use a canned strategy. He's the one who complained that I was cheap for Krolming him on a map, when he thought it was un-Krolmable due to lair/monster congestion. I went around.
quote:

Newbies mostly whine or quit when you got you party started.. (frustrating to build 15 days for TWOT).

That's the same in every online game, it's endemic to Newbies, not Majesty.
quote:

And then some sugardaddies like BENZ who is running LADDER (expansion) who will play only newbies to get his rank to stay nro 1! (patetic)

Yah, played him non-ladder, he and many of the ladder guys, again, will only play the same canned settings, the same way, so they can churn their town out the same way every time.

C'mon, people, play something different than Eldritch Circles, 30k, no monsters.

Twylah Skye

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 3:38 pm    Post subject: The MP game I didn't play :( Reply with quote Back to top

quote:

River Relic is a complete jerk. A couple of years ago, he spent all his time on the Zone and GameSpy shooting his mouth off. He loved to tell people that he was a better player than Kit, Shiny or Golem. Ha ha ha. In his humble opinion (which he loved to share), he was the best MP Maj player on the planet. Again, ha ha ha.

When called on it and challenged, Relic would lose the game and then whine about whatever strategy was used against him. He's very quick to call people "cheaters"; stay away from him... he's not worth wasting game time on.

- Twy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Gravity

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 4:05 pm    Post subject: The MP game I didn't play :( Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmmm, My first time posting, but I'll figure it out. As for Relic... he is skilled, but i believe his reign is over. We've got some new skilled eldritch players out there , Blue Heron, Habitz, and Master Ebert. Queen B master of Krypta and Kram master of healers By far 2 of the best players out there. Queen B when u commin back? Miss playin ya.

Majesty X- I agree that to be good at majesty you must do more then master one map and settings. Thanks go out to Belgarath for teaching me the arts of Expansion. Thanks to queen for inspiring me to higher levels of play in majesty.

Challenge- I challenge any player(including u old timers) to any map and any settings.Im on gamespy at least weekly. See you in the trenches.....Gravity

Gravity

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 4:08 pm    Post subject: The MP game I didn't play :( Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got some good players that like to play like Gravity (one of the best players around, well I did teach him) we usually agree not to use gate or EQ.

A fine job you did. He's always fun to play.

quote:

Steven of 9... I dont recall ever playing you? Not under that name anyways. Thanks for the nice words tho.

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 4:31 pm    Post subject: The MP game I didn't play :( Reply with quote Back to top

Korben and Gravity let me play for a bit and were gentlemen not to complain when I quit early. Not planning on a win I started out with Elves and switched over to dwarves to put in some ballistas. I wanted those boys to feel a little pain if they came after me.

So I went and lay down but left the game running. When I came back I had no heroes but I was sitting on 30K of gold and my kingdom was still intact. I was feeling a bit of mischief so I stuck 10000 gold flag on Korben's Palace. I couldn't see Gravity's so I set 10000 gold on his Wiz Guild. I thought I was helping motivate their heroes.

Korben was using Gnomes in that game and never switched. I couldn't see Gravity's heroes but saw no evidence of Elves or Dwarves. I guess they are using gnomes to rush to level 3 Palace to get Solarii in early. I guess the theory here is that they have more time to level up the Solarii.

No attack flags until day 20! No EQ. Yarg!!!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 11:36 pm    Post subject: The MP game I didn't play :( Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Gravity:
Challenge- I challenge any player(including u old timers) to any map and any settings.Im on gamespy at least weekly. See you in the trenches.....Gravity

Hmmmmmmmm....Well, how about the multiplayer equivalent of Spiderman's freestyle -> http://www.cyberlore.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=20;t=000180

for a challenge? I don't get much multiplayer these days but I have had a little practice on these map settings. I don't know what 2-way map is the equivalent of Ravenous but there surely must be one close. One of the nice things about Outposts for starting forces is that Solarii and Adepts are unavailable. So many are stuck with Helia these days its nice for a change to do without. Plus you have to work a little harder when you only get 10K to start and there are no non-humans available for help.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Korben

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 11:43 pm    Post subject: The MP game I didn't play :( Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Goldy_Bear:
[QB]Not very many of the long standing Forum members play MP on a regular basis any more. /QB]

I play almost every friday and sometimes wednesdays. The problem is that there are no players until my midnight. Well then I got too tired to play long games.

Newbies mostly whine or quit when you got you party started.. (frustrating to build 15 days for TWOT).

And then some sugardaddies like BENZ who is running LADDER (expansion) who will play only newbies to get his rank to stay nro 1! (patetic)

Korben

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 11:48 pm    Post subject: The MP game I didn't play :( Reply with quote Back to top

Goldy I see you're around, join GSA now!?

I'm here about 6 hours more...

Gravity

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 9:51 am    Post subject: The MP game I didn't play :( Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Gravity:

Hmmmmmmmm....Well, how about the multiplayer equivalent of Spiderman's freestyle -> http://www.cyberlore.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=20;t=000180
Hey Goldy i checked out those settings and followed them exactly. Was fun. It took me 50 days to complete but after a slow start things got rolling. I used krypta and ferv. I will try it with agrella and douros.I dont think there would be a problem with using those settings in MP. Ill be around most the day if you would like to play.
Steven of nine-Hmm ... i still dont recall, but would like to play sometime.You may choose any settings u like.And yes Blue heron has improved.

I played (TK)Lord Kram last nite in eldritch and defeated him in the first game with my Krypta blitz strat. Second game i would have defeated him with dwarves and krypta strat, but we both got a runtime error in what seemed to be the final days.He defeated me in the third game was very close tho... i used healers lol, not my power strat,but was still fun.Havnt played Kram in a while.

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 4:28 pm    Post subject: The MP game I didn't play :( Reply with quote Back to top

Hey! Multiplayers. Gravity is a tough opponent and true gentleman. Hard to find these days. Steven, you ought to hop into GSA and get some fun games with him.

It had been a very long time since I got to play a game but Spidey's freestyle challenge turned out to be pretty good.

Things to be careful of with these settings. I was in for a cold shock when I decided to use Chaos. I had put in my Warrior's Guild and was getting ready to recruit some WoD's when to my dismay I discovered there were no loyalty buildings available with Oupost as starting forces. Arg!!!!!!!!! I had to play the whole game without Rogues and WoD's and Gravity was smart enough to use Law (those blasted healers! )

Be very careful using Gate or rushing the other guy's town. With all your heroes out of town the Wendigos and Vargs on this map can dismantle your own town faster than you can say "Yarg!!!!!!!!!"

Steven Of Nine

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 5:02 pm    Post subject: The MP game I didn't play :( Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Goldy_Bear:

Be very careful using Gate or rushing the other guy's town. With all your heroes out of town the Wendigos and Vargs on this map can dismantle your own town faster than you can say "Yarg!!!!!!!!!"

The whole point of rushing or using Gate is that you purposefully leave the town to itself. A proper Rush or Gate sends all your heroes, anyway. That's what makes the Gate/Rush so powerful, noone expects you to go all out. Wendigos are a pain in my bottom, though. I hate 'em.

I've been playing the single player version of this map, and it took 24 days with some tremendous luck, and Chaos forces. Without Wizards (my standard Wendigo defense) you're never going to beat it quickly with Law, because you have to wait for lucky hits, or you have to have Rangers smackin' 'em about.
The lack of Wizards makes Krolm less fun, too. Proper War Parties require the Wizard/Ranger/Barbarian troika.

As for playin' this one multi... yuck. I like monsters, they prevent me rushing across the map every game, and low cash makes you build, but I prefer my opponent to be tougher than the monsters, thank-you!

It does play to the Eldritch circles concept, though, whereby your heroes are primed for combat once the monsters are used for experience. I'll come lookin' for some action, then.

Gravity

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 6:41 pm    Post subject: The MP game I didn't play :( Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the fun game Goldy Bear. It was a nice change and a pleasant surprise to play such an accomplished player. Dammmm those wendigos!!!!,LOL Ill play ya anytime:o)

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 11:26 pm    Post subject: The MP game I didn't play :( Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Steven Of Nine:
As for playin' this one multi... yuck. I like monsters, they prevent me rushing across the map every game, and low cash makes you build, but I prefer my opponent to be tougher than the monsters, thank-you!

I can definitively say without any doubt or hesitation that the monsters were not tougher than my opponent.

[ 04. May 2003, 12:26 AM: Message edited by: Goldy_Bear ]

Spiderman

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 7:30 am    Post subject: The MP game I didn't play :( Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, thanks for the plug Goldy. The challenge originally (for those who didn't read the thread) was just to see if the settings were possible with Law (and/Krolm; even I forget) since Chaos is fairly easy with the Cultists charming the baddies. I didn't expect it to be ported to MP but hey, if it works

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Multiplayer Majesty All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: