Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

The MP game I didn't play :(
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Multiplayer Majesty
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 1:48 am    Post subject: The MP game I didn't play :( Reply with quote Back to top

Majesty Northern Expansion
Enlightened Kingdoms
Yeti Rampage
No wandering monsters
no special events
30K gold
LPS

I gave it a shot for half an Ardaninan day, but my hands were shaking (reflexes shot) and it was a no go.

Apparently, people get their favorite starting maps and settings and design their strategies around them. I was a newb who couldn't last half a day.

/edit: AFTERTHOUGHT. Steven or Korben ought to go find thirdreit and give him a try. Thirdreit states he is a very good player. Steven or Korben should try him out and let me know.

[ 13. April 2003, 02:53 AM: Message edited by: Goldy_Bear ]

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Apple

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 8:07 pm    Post subject: The MP game I didn't play :( Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds like a call for
the WickedRobotZombieCreation!!

Steven Of Nine

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 9:32 am    Post subject: The MP game I didn't play :( Reply with quote Back to top

That's a game that screams for Barbarians.

30K allows you to use gnomes, and the lack of monsters on map other than the Yeti allows for Rushing across the map.

That a small or a large map. Looks like it'd have to be large.

The other major factor in using massed barbarians is that their critical hit ability, en masse, easily takes down Yeti. Just Krolm rush.

Steven Of Nine

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 9:38 am    Post subject: The MP game I didn't play :( Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Goldy_Bear:
Apparently, people get their favorite starting maps and settings and design their strategies around them.

Absolutely, they do. You can tell someone who likes to use Fervus when they pick a map with Medusae. Medusae are the best/easiest creature for Cultists to charm. What many of them don't realise is that the best creatures for that are actually Wendigos, who of course are almost impervious to anything other than magic, or flaming arrows.

Latest strats for Eldritch Circles simply involve Rushing to Lvl 3 palaces and Solarii. And it's a winning strat, since the Solarii can get in experience versus the Daemonwoods. The only way to beat that is through expert play: gnome eviction; invisibility for those tackling Daemonwoods; healing of Daemonwoods to use them basically as Fairgrounds for combatants; Wall Street and Trading Posts; Gate raids on enemy economy (take a marketplace out for 3-5 days, and their economy is ruined.)

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 11:02 pm    Post subject: The MP game I didn't play :( Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Steven Of Nine:
That a small or a large map. Looks like it'd have to be large.

I was unprepared, it was midnight, I didn't know the map and didn't know I needed gnomes until it was too late. Of course in hindsight I agree with all you have said.

It is a small map. There are five caves on the map - one in each corner and one in the middle. Starting out there is a cave sitting nearly in front of the palace gates. The trick it seemed to me was to keep 4 Wizards alive long enough to upgrade to level 2 Palace. Also, I don't know how a Krolm Rush would work on that map. Won't the Barbie dolls get distracted by the cave in the middle at least?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Steven Of Nine

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 11:58 pm    Post subject: The MP game I didn't play :( Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Goldy_Bear:
[QUOTE] Also, I don't know how a Krolm Rush would work on that map. Won't the Barbie dolls get distracted by the cave in the middle at least?

It's on the way to the opponent, right? Just make it a casualty as you go by. Use the breadcrumb trick (which you'd almost have to for a large map) and slay any lair in the way. The thing is, with 30K and gnomes, and MajX, you'll have at least 18 barbarians running around, who cares if some get distracted.

My favourite setting to use is Northern Kings. It starts everyone out with a level 2 palace, which prevents them from even using gnomes...

[ 15. April 2003, 12:59 PM: Message edited by: Steven Of Nine ]

Kit5150

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 4:53 pm    Post subject: The MP game I didn't play :( Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, the memories...

Gnome eviction, no Krolm, Gate, Lightning Storming a Gate, Wall Street, no Helia spells, Earthquaking me to pieces Cyberlore chats, my good friends from the forum, late night co-op games on impossible settings...the list is endless.

Let's get together and play some Majesty !

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 10:29 am    Post subject: The MP game I didn't play :( Reply with quote Back to top

Kit,

I as usual am most available in the day time hours. If you have a day off send me an email if you want a one on one game. Co-op would be best. But, I am willing to get pounded in LPS by an old friend

Steven Of Nine

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 1:00 pm    Post subject: The MP game I didn't play :( Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Kit5150:
... Earthquaking me to pieces ...
Let's get together and play some Majesty !

C'mon, that was FUNNY!

Twylah Skye

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 2:34 pm    Post subject: The MP game I didn't play :( Reply with quote Back to top

I SO TOTALLY miss the all-night MP Maj sessions we used to do - me, Kit, Goldy, Golem, Steven, etc.... I used to love to sit next to Steven and watch him play against Kit -- those games were THE BEST EVER.

Hey Kit - remember when you stole Steven's hi-level Wizard??? I was dying laughing over here. You two had the best games.

And Goldy - remember the co-op game we set out to play and forgot to set it to co-op and realized part of the way into it that it was an LPS game?

Maybe after we get out new computer in a few weeks.... hmm. A cable modem? I think I might consider it now, since DSL isn't an option in our neighborhood.

I miss MP Majesty and the "Old Gang."

- Twy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Kit5150

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 10:18 am    Post subject: The MP game I didn't play :( Reply with quote Back to top

Haha, I remember the 'wizard thief' game very well...He called me thief for a month after that!!!

As far as when I can play...I am available the next five days ! ! ! Well, I have to work during the weekdays, but night is good (what is one more day of procrastinating the yardwork?) Lady Courtney will be over tonight, and most of the weekend, and since I now have two computers hooked up...

PS - I'm only into this homeowner thing for the tax advantages until I burn it down out of disgust for the insurance money.

Steven Of Nine

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 7:24 am    Post subject: The MP game I didn't play :( Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Kit5150:
Haha, I remember the 'wizard thief' game very well...He called me thief for a month after that!!!

Don't get complacent. You still are a thief. I never got that Wizard back.

Titanplaya1436

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 9:53 am    Post subject: The MP game I didn't play :( Reply with quote Back to top

What's up everyone. I just got Majesty and downloaded gamespy to play MP but no one was there will someone e-mail me at Titanplaya1436@hotmail.com and tell me when your on. Thanks

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 10:18 am    Post subject: The MP game I didn't play :( Reply with quote Back to top

Not very many of the long standing Forum members play MP on a regular basis any more. However, I still see the most traffic in the Majesty GameSpyArcade lobbies in the night and late night hours of the continental U.S. Surprisingly I have seen an increase in MajX players.

Steven Of Nine

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 4:19 pm    Post subject: The MP game I didn't play :( Reply with quote Back to top

I've popped in on weekends a few times, but MajX has never solved the problems associated with MP. It seems entirely hit or miss as to whether the game will play. I do know one thing, the MajL frenzy I'm quickly slipping into will see me there more often, looking for prey!

Gate, anyone?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Multiplayer Majesty All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: