Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Post Mortems: Volume II
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Multiplayer Majesty
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Golem XV

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2002 8:19 pm    Post subject: Post Mortems: Volume II Reply with quote Back to top

hey steven when do ya think would be a good time to play in gsa until i get a job i got a lot of free time 1:00 pm to whenever i feel like going to bed....

Steven Of Nine

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2002 10:08 am    Post subject: Post Mortems: Volume II Reply with quote Back to top

Gonne be online Saturday night, if I can, to teach friend, so maybe some time then?

Steven Of Nine

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2002 10:22 am    Post subject: Post Mortems: Volume II Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Korben:
Well I would have some fun to get you suprised that I was still alive, lol

Well, that's very interesting. We may have found a new bug. I know, with an outpost, that you're still in game, but I got the message that "Belgarath has lost the game", which is why I quit. If I hadn't seen that mesage I would have assumed you were still alive.

Your heroes didn't go anywhere, but that's nothing new, heroes stick around until killed, or they join another Guild.

Player placement shouldn't be a factor. Players are placed on map according to their order in the game lobby.

I enjoy FFA games. There's even more of a challenge to winning. Once you've taken one player out, you lose a lot of your strength in the fighting. You do get heroes who survive the fight being higher level as a result, often, but the money and heroes spent beating one opponent can really tac you. I must have spent 10,000 Gold fighting Korben, easily.

I know some players dislike FFA games. You can't focus on one opponent. I had the common problem that many of my Barbarians kept running over to Corky's area. There's a game issue in that Heroes may spot an enemy hero, whom, even though that hero runs off into the FoW Shroud, your hero "knows" where he is and follows him for a fight.
Consequently, added to the issue of Heroes doing what they want sometimes, you have your forces diffused by interference from the player you don't want to fight.

That was another factor for a long-term Krolm strategy. At 350 each, and readiness to walk out of the Temple and straight into the Fairgrounds, Barbarians are excellent for FFA games.

Too bad, Korben, that you escaped my wrath. perhaps this weekend...

Korben

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 1:10 pm    Post subject: Post Mortems: Volume II Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Steven Of Nine:
quote:
Originally posted by Korben:
Well I would have some fun to get you suprised that I was still alive, lol

Well, that's very interesting. We may have found a new bug. I know, with an outpost, that you're still in game, but I got the message that "Belgarath has lost the game", which is why I quit. If I hadn't seen that mesage I would have assumed you were still alive.
Player placement shouldn't be a factor. Players are placed on map according to their order in the game lobby.

Too bad, Korben, that you escaped my wrath. perhaps this weekend...

Well maybe I wrote that message

In 3 ffa anyway always 2 of the players are closer to eachother and tend to have first fights, and also somehow 2 players go for the same player.

In Majesty it is very hard if even not possible to recover from a castle down situasion. In some games as in TA, you can come back and win a game even if in a desperate situasion.

Well I didn't write the Message that I was down, I don't think it's possible for you to see that, or then it's a serious bug that no one has reported before.

Looking forward to play you again...

Korben

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2002 4:22 pm    Post subject: Post Mortems: Volume II Reply with quote Back to top

Well I think my first time to see a cheater in action. At the game room the setting were starting gold 400 000 gold hmm..

Well he bailed and didn't make it to the game, maybe started the gold cheat too early.

Well another game, I think it was the same poor guy, he bailed at day 2, well no money making buildings at all for him, 3 templess of krypta, embassy, fairground and some other guilds, well I continued playing with the other guy (it was 3 ffa) and he the bailed one gets all his guilds full with embassy all the time, with no money making buildings and all expensive stuff from embassy.

Well I thought anyway allthought pityfull and yet funny to see such loosers around.

I get accoused of cheating all time by newbies; "how did you make a level 3 palace in 3 days?" "how you got so much gold" and so on...
Well I always tell them how to do that, maybe then I get better opponent next time.

Korben

PS. me and Housefish had a Earthquake party at wednesday, both did that about 10 times untill we agreed to stop that.. it makes a h**l of a lag, well the game could have lasted like forever.. I had to leave, it was 2 am for me.

Steven Of Nine

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 8:39 am    Post subject: Post Mortems: Volume II Reply with quote Back to top

There are some new players who don't use their starting money to make more. One fellow, I can't remember his name, likes to use Eldritch Circles and 30k. Invariably, I've arrived at his town to find 3-4 warrior's guilds, 3-4 rangers guilds, and a lvl 2 palace, with which he's just starting to build Krypta and Fervus. I imagine he uses all his cash to pay for the guilds, and for the heroes to fill them, who then get trounced by Daemonwoods.

As for cheating, make sure they have cheats unselected in the game lobby. If they enable it, and you click ready, you can't really complain. I don't usually check, because I'd never use them. But after a couple of whiners wouldn't start games I made unless I allowed cheats (so I let 'em leave) I've watched to make sure noone slipped it in under the radar.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Multiplayer Majesty All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: