Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Creative MP games

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Multiplayer Majesty
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2002 10:53 pm    Post subject: Creative MP games Reply with quote Back to top

Here's one for 2 players:

Majesty or MajX

Eldritch Circles
15K gold start
Expert (Level 1 palace only building to start)
no wandering monsters
Any buildings allowed
Only heroes that may be recruited are Wizards (not even gnomes)
LPS setting

Primary Goal before you are allowed to dispose of opponent is to be the first to reach Palace Level 3.

Please submit your ideas for other creative games. Let me know if you want to try this one with me.

Goldy

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Steven Of Nine

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2002 6:58 am    Post subject: Creative MP games Reply with quote Back to top

Interesting settings. I assume you allow other buildings in order to allow the spells, even if not allowing the heroes.

Invisibility is going to get a workout in this game, as you battle the daemonwoods.

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2002 8:51 am    Post subject: Creative MP games Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Steven Of Nine:
Interesting settings. I assume you allow other buildings in order to allow the spells, even if not allowing the heroes.

Yes. I'm thinking there are strategies for both the Elven Bungalow and the Dwarven Settlement or a combination.

quote:
Originally posted by Steven Of Nine:
...Invisibility is going to get a workout in this game, as you battle the daemonwoods.

Thereby slowing one's ability to collect enough gold to put in that third Wizard's Guild. After that, do you know how hard it is to keep 12 wizards alive long enough to click the upgrade palace button?

Also, do you spend resources trying to slow your opponent's build down or do you roll everything you have into economy?

Goldy

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2002 1:18 pm    Post subject: Creative MP games Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
From my original post:

....Only heroes that may be recruited are Wizards (not even gnomes)

....Primary Goal before you are allowed to dispose of opponent is to be the first to reach Palace Level 3.

Course, you know I am agreeable to changes of these rules if you don't like them. Just so long as we both know what the rules are up front and are on the same page.

I thought the biggest challenge was getting to the level III palace first. Getting to bash my opponent was secondary. In fact, if we were both bashing away at each other we might not ever get to level III. Just a thought.

I also have an idea for a Rogue's Haven game in which only Chaos forces could be used. The title for the game is No Statues or Royal Gardens Allowed. Haven't figured out what the best enemy forces and start conditions would be.

Goldy

Korben

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2002 1:22 pm    Post subject: Creative MP games Reply with quote Back to top

Well Goldy,
I remember we played a settings like this last year.

Not at this map but anyway

It was fun, maybe to your favour, as I know you're good with WIZs...

I'm a gentleman as you know.

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2002 1:33 pm    Post subject: Creative MP games Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Korben:
Well Goldy,
I remember we played a settings like this last year.

Not at this map but anyway

It was fun, maybe to your favour, as I know you're good with WIZs...

I'm a gentleman as you know.

Yes, That is where the idea came from. BTW. I am sitting in GSA waiting for you to notice me.

Goldy

Steven Of Nine

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2002 1:35 pm    Post subject: Creative MP games Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Goldy_Bear:
quote:
From my original post:

....Only heroes that may be recruited are Wizards (not even gnomes)

DOH DOH DOH.

There I was thinking gnomes weren't like regular heroes...

Steven Of Nine

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2002 11:01 pm    Post subject: Creative MP games Reply with quote Back to top

The third Wizards' Guild costs something like 12000 gold, doesn't it?

Running a lvl2 palace economy based on elves and TPs/Inns would get you the money to fight far and ahead over trying to make level 3 Palace, not to mention not having to keep 12 wizards alive.

I would:

Use lvl 2 palace, and probably only one wizards' guild, unless cash rolled in. Gonna have to figure the Mausoleum's not gonna get plugged with useless wizards if you only have one guild, plus you need to go Krypta to slow down opponents.

Lvl 2 econ, 1 guild, Krypta for the Wither, and Fervus for Vines. Wiz Guild has to go Lvl 2, but not 3. You need AMS, but unlikely Lightning Storm.
Need AMS so when you Gate in, you can have that protection before going.

Wanna try this one this weekend Goldy?

Steven Of Nine

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2002 11:03 pm    Post subject: Creative MP games Reply with quote Back to top

Wait, are you making a rule that you have to get lvl 3 palace?

Mausoleum becomes INFINITELY important. That way you can store Wizards dead, tehre, then resurrect the number needed to make 12.

Costs a lot? Yep, but if the enemy's off your back, a cracking economy is simple. Plus, you can use gnomes, and evict with Lightning Bolt.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Multiplayer Majesty All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: