Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Multi-Player Post-Mortems
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Multiplayer Majesty
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2002 9:59 am    Post subject: Multi-Player Post-Mortems Reply with quote Back to top

Son of the Dragon King,

You may be a great Majesty player. No way to know until we meet up. Who knows. You could be hustling us with your strategy post.

quote:
Originally posted by Son of the Dragon King:
My strategy?

I build the following in order:
Market, Rangers Guild, Warriors guild, Blacksmith, Inn. Then I surround my small kingdom with guard towers (2 layers if possible). I place a bounty on my own castle and watch as my opponent loses money as he tries to recruit heroes to destroy my biulding. Then I destroy his market place, upgrade my castle, build Fervus and Krypta temples, Wizards giuld, elves or dwarves, then a library and three statues, then I place 100k bounties on the enemy biuldings and double it by another 100 when I can spare it. Instant victory!

In my experience, there is no one strategy for every map/monster setting/starting gold configuration. I am having a hard time figuing out which settings that particular strategy would yield you a victory.

I hate to say it but lets assume no cheats have been set. On the No Monsters LPS maps (small or large) Steven is guaranteed to Krolm Rush you. I will at least ask first.

If you use a Map that has some monsters in it, while you are busy spending gold on all those guardhouses (have you looked a the multiplier for them? I think the 3rd guardhouse cost 900+G), your opponent will be spending gold on a superior gold supply and some heroes with muscle like Solarii or WoD's. They won't be level one heroes because they will be leveling up on the monster dens on the way. By the time they get to a guardhouse those hero types would laugh at those guardhouses if Cybelore had programmed it in.

As for the reward flag on your own Palace? In most cases, by the time my heroes can see your palace they are ready to fight.

Then you destroy your opponent's market (in the singular)??? What have these opponents been building all this time? By the time you get done building all these guardhouses your opponent should have already been upgraded to Palace Level 3 and drilling out some Solarii and have at least 2 two level 3 markets with Wallstreet. You won't be just waltzing through town to destroy a single market.

As for Korben...

quote:
Originally posted by Korben:
...I believe you can win your friends allways, but try beating Goldy_Bear or Shiny Pony or Golem or even me (I sometimes win some of them)...

You and I split games and I usually think it is because you are being nice to me or something. I think the European gentleman has trouble beating up on a girl.

As for Golem.... I beat him once. He made me cry the next game. Heehee.

And Steven?...... We have only ever played one game in my memory. It was a four-way with Golem and Craig. Steven Krolm-Rushed Craig and I. Golem was sitting on my other side quietly building a gold rich economy and his own Barbs. I was able to hold Steven's rushing Barbs with Krypta (barely) because he was a little over extended and trying to attack two opponents at once. Once Steven's Barbs were done, my gold supply was tapped out and I was just starting to rebuild when Golem's Barbs came to call. I remember later asking Kit how to hold off two Krolm-rushing opponents at once. He asked who and when I responded Golem and Steven he said the best strategy would be to hit the power button . Golem won the game of course.

Steven has me completely intimidated. I don't know if I could beat him or not. The reason? I get all my best strategies from him. I would probably lose to Steven if for no other reason than I have already psyched myself out.

Goldy

------------------
"I'm the first dog to ever see a rainbow and none of the other dogs believe me." - Stuart, Kate and Leopold

[This message has been edited by Goldy_Bear (edited 04 February 2002).]

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Son of the Dragon King

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2002 8:52 pm    Post subject: Multi-Player Post-Mortems Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Korben:
Come play to GSA (GSA is free), there are the best players of Majesty/MajExpansion.

And as for guardhouses at a LPS game they don't have arrows, so their defensive use is quite limited. You'll never get 200 000 gold at an online game to do those flagings either

I believe you can win your friends allways, but try beating Goldy_Bear or Shiny Pony or Golem or even me (I sometimes win some of them) If you are so good that you tell, I bet you can win some games.

Hmm... I should take you all up on that offer, someday. Just can't right now.
I've got a book to publish, a wedding to plan, a suit to get, and a game script to write. It's great to work at home, I don't have co-workers peeking over my head. It's also great because I can have my fun on the internet while I do my work. Wordpad and Internet explorer can really be fun. By the way what usernames do you all go by?

Steven Of Nine

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2002 9:01 am    Post subject: Multi-Player Post-Mortems Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Goldy_Bear:
[B...I remember later asking Kit how to hold off two Krolm-rushing opponents at once. He asked who and when I responded Golem and Steven he said the best strategy would be to hit the power button .
[/B]

That made me laugh. I remember that game. I thought I could manage to beat 2 people. It was a little role-play. I figured a true barbarian king would simply try and run everyone over. Although I knew 2 opponents was gonna be tough, I hoped the experience would give me some really tough barbs ready to thrash number three... oops.

As for Dragon King... the fact that he thinks his guardhouses would hold us off makes me think one of two things: 1) he hasn't played multi-player with any update since 1.2-1.3 (where guardhouses lost their arrow ability in MP, and wizard towers and Ballistae became ruinously expensive). 2) he uses the coop settings for his multiplayer games, which will make LPS a shock.

I think someone's talking a big game, and needs a lesson.

------------------
Shiny_Pony (Steven Of Nine)

All your base are belong to us.

Kit5150

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2002 5:12 pm    Post subject: Multi-Player Post-Mortems Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Goldy_Bear:
I remember later asking Kit how to hold off two Krolm-rushing opponents at once. He asked who and when I responded Golem and Steven he said the best strategy would be to hit the power button

hehe i remember that game as well...i think it was the first majx game any of us had played...after holding off many unhappy RoKing barbs with numerous lightning storms, i got rolled by repeated earthquakes until there was only a deep, dark hole where my empire had once flourished.

Steven Of Nine

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 8:34 am    Post subject: Multi-Player Post-Mortems Reply with quote Back to top

For those a mite confused, Kit's referring to a different game than Goldy.

Yes, Kit, that game with you, me, housefish and Golem was a very interesting one. At the time, it made me think Earthquake was overpowered. Golem and I managed the income to Earthquake one after the other (having 2 going at the same time does no extra damage.)

I also remember that it was before the fix of the spell-hotkey bug, and one could hotkey, say CoH, and simply use the hotkey to cast it over and over again, without waiting for the sorcerer to rest.

Twylah Skye

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 4:46 pm    Post subject: Multi-Player Post-Mortems Reply with quote Back to top

quote:

Yeah. Right.

My wise father, who always has something brilliant to say, would most likely respond to these brags with this gem... "Eagle mouth gets sparrow butt in trouble." I want to be sitting right behind Steven so I can watch the game when SotDK manages to "find the time" to back up his boasts. And I would dearly LOVE to see him take on Steven, Goldy and Golem at once in a four-way.

SotDK, your comment about using Guardhouses defensively for LPS MP games gave you away.... two layers of guardhouses with no arrows is a two-layer waste of gold. And I know you weren't referring to Ballista Towers, because in MP LPS, the cost of building more than one Ballista is so prohibitive that there's no way in hell you could build two layers of them around your kingdom... unless you are playing with cheats enabled.

Again... this is some mighty big talk for a guy who just showed up a few weeks ago. I want to see someone put their money where their mouth is.

- Twy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Golem XV

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 5:20 pm    Post subject: Multi-Player Post-Mortems Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Steven Of Nine:
For those a mite confused, Kit's referring to a different game than Goldy.

Yes, Kit, that game with you, me, housefish and Golem was a very interesting one. At the time, it made me think Earthquake was overpowered. Golem and I managed the income to Earthquake one after the other (having 2 going at the same time does no extra damage.)

I also remember that it was before the fix of the spell-hotkey bug, and one could hotkey, say CoH, and simply use the hotkey to cast it over and over again, without waiting for the sorcerer to rest.

I rember that game now that was the which market game wasnt it

Korben

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2002 5:30 am    Post subject: Multi-Player Post-Mortems Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Twylah Skye:
quote:

Yeah. Right.
/
/
Again... this is some mighty big talk for a guy who just showed up a few weeks ago. I want to see someone put their money where their mouth is.

- Twy

Thanks Twy!

The wrath of formum Mommy hits hard but so sweetly (for the listener)!

Korben

Steven Of Nine

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2002 8:31 am    Post subject: Multi-Player Post-Mortems Reply with quote Back to top

Originally posted by Golem XV:
quote:

I rember that game now that was the which market game wasnt it[/QB]

Um... the which what when?

Starsinmyeyes

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2002 4:29 pm    Post subject: Multi-Player Post-Mortems Reply with quote Back to top

MP sounds really fun. Maybe I'll see some of you guys if I ever figure out how to do it.

Golem XV

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2002 4:53 pm    Post subject: Multi-Player Post-Mortems Reply with quote Back to top

steven im open this weekend what bout you?

Steven Of Nine

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2002 8:52 am    Post subject: Multi-Player Post-Mortems Reply with quote Back to top

I'll try and find you there!

Harmony

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2002 9:12 pm    Post subject: Multi-Player Post-Mortems Reply with quote Back to top

Hello, I cant figure out how to get online to play but I really would like to. I am very new to the whole game in general but I would love to learn from those who know alot more than I do. If anyone would like to help me out (hehe) and give a few tips maybe set something up, you are more than welcome to e mail me. It seems like a ton of fun!!!!!!

Golem XV

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2002 12:56 am    Post subject: Multi-Player Post-Mortems Reply with quote Back to top

hey steven want to try and meet at 7:00 central tonight

Golem XV

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 11:00 am    Post subject: Multi-Player Post-Mortems Reply with quote Back to top

well last night i played 3 lack luster games with some newbies the first one was some 12 year old you had to cuss every other word when i got to his town he didnt even have any temples up and i was at palace lvl 3 8 solarous and 8 wods the second and third game the guy went dwarves and never made it to palace lvl 3 so it was just a matter of time

[ 20 February 2002, 11:03 AM: Message edited by: Golem XV ]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Multiplayer Majesty All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: