Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Lan game with firewall software

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Multiplayer Majesty
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2002 9:40 pm    Post subject: Lan game with firewall software Reply with quote Back to top

No clue. I use a broadband router for my LAN and to share my cable internet connection. The NAT translation used by the router serves as a natural firewall. Norton Anti-Virus 2002 catches most everything else. With Windows XP everything is pretty much plug and play. XP's Internet connection wizard does everything for you.

Goldy

------------------
"I'm the first dog to ever see a rainbow and none of the other dogs believe me." - Stuart, Kate and Leopold

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Grimlar

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2002 12:37 am    Post subject: Lan game with firewall software Reply with quote Back to top

Has anybody else tried to launch a Lan game on a PC running ICS and Firewall software?

Basically I have a small, 3 machine network (all on Win 98 SE) with one machine acting as an ICS gateway hooked up to my cable modem. The gateway also runs a copy of Zonealarm Pro Firewall software, which is aware of ICS and if installed on the ICS clients aswell, integrates the client firewalls with the gateway firewall.

Obviously this interferes with most games played over a network, however I seem to have almost got Majesty Expansion working. The problem now is that when I get to the Open Games page I get told that the game couldnt populate its session list.

Any help appreciated

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Multiplayer Majesty All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: