Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Multiplayer Problems... HELP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Multiplayer Majesty
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve...R

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2001 7:20 am    Post subject: Multiplayer Problems... HELP Reply with quote Back to top

Hello all,

I have played online a few times now and it's been hard to get to the end of a game with the game claiming (for no apparent reason) that both the players playing have one. It usually happens within the first few seconds of the game although it just happened during a heated battle with a friend.

Anyone else had this problem??? Playing through GameRanger with a Mac G4, usually against a Blue & White G3 owner...

HELP>..!

Steve..R

Steven Of Nine

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2001 7:39 am    Post subject: Multiplayer Problems... HELP Reply with quote Back to top

Steve...R,

When you set up the game, whomever is hosting must be sure to set the victory conditions to "Last Palace Standing" if you're playing against each other.
The game ending early, saying you've both won, sounds like you had set to "no monsters", and "Eliminate all foes".

It's very unlikely that this is a matter of your computers, but most likely the settings you're using to start play.

------------------
Shiny_Pony (Steven Of Nine)

All your base are belong to us.

Steve...R

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2001 8:46 am    Post subject: Multiplayer Problems... HELP Reply with quote Back to top

Steven,

Hmmm Interesting.. I had thought along some of those lines and ended up not playing with the settings at all. I agreed with the other bloke that we should wait for 10-20 seconds after the game started to let it settle in and it worked for a while. I was just about to whip his butt and the same message came up after about 30mins of play... I will try it and let you know of any success..

Cheers ears

Steve....R

Steven Of Nine

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2001 7:33 am    Post subject: Multiplayer Problems... HELP Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Steve...R:
I was just about to whip his butt and the same message came up after about 30mins of play... I will try it and let you know of any success..

Cheers ears

Steve....R

HA! Now we're coming to an entirely different problem. I thought you'd both got the message immediately. If you're getting it 20-30 minutes+ into the game, what you have is the "I quit, You Quit" bug, of fame and infamy.
This seemed to be rooted in the ISP. My wife (Twylah) used to get this all the time when using AOL. When she switched to Netcom/Earthlink, which I use, she didn't get it any more.

What ISPs are you using?

------------------
Shiny_Pony (Steven Of Nine)

All your base are belong to us.

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2001 9:28 am    Post subject: Multiplayer Problems... HELP Reply with quote Back to top

Be sure to use the Last Palace Standing option as Steven indicated. If you selected a map with some siginificant monsters it could take 30 minutes. Unless it is your intent to play a coop game in the first place.

But there is also an "I Quit/No You Quit" bug. This appears if there is some sort of connectivity loss usually associated with game lag.

But if you are getting the message that your opponent has won the game then the problem is the Last Palace Standing option.

Goldy

------------------
Yarg!!!!!!!!!!!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Multiplayer Majesty All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: